Cape Verde

Je t'aime... Moi non plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3

All her life, Sandara have been very picky and very proud. She strongly believed that she had to have things exactly the way she wanted them. She wanted to wait until she saw the exact type of man she would like to marry. But as time was passing by, she saw her friends getting engaged one after the other. A part of her was not really worrying, after all she was only 21 and she still had plenty of time to find the husband she thought she deserved. Nevertheless, she was hoping she wouldn’t have to settle with someone who was already engaged or married.

Soon after the party where she talked with Min Daejung, she learned that he had officially proposed to the heir of LG. However, it didn’t stop him from coming back to her every time he had the chance. Up to some point that Dara had to clear the situation up by telling him straightforward that she wasn’t intending on becoming someone’s mistress no matter how much power this person had. It was either the LG girl or she. 

Sandara was a woman who wanted spotlight. She had her self-pride. With her it was either all or nothing. And that was something Mr. Kwon Jiyong discovered eventually. When she went with her parents to the Kwon Mansion after being invited for lunch, the Kwon’s parents inevitably asked questions about the company and Dara. They were surprised to see how her parents tried not to control her love life.

Kwon Seoyuk never flinched from interfering Jiyong’s love life. He knew that his favorite son was a womanizer, however he was the one keeping everything together. He was preventing the flings from becoming a scandal that would have damaged his son’s political career. Most of Jiyong’s public apparitions were strongly controlled by Kwon Seoyuk. And as the conversation between the Kwons and the Parks kept going, Dara could feel that Seoyuk was trying to set something up between her and his son. As she went back home with her parents, her dad was delighted to see that their family had gotten the attention of the Kwons. And without wanting to pressure her on creating tight relations with Kwon Jiyong, he wouldn’t stop rambling about how good thing were going.

Soon enough, an unknown number called her during her lunch break at university. As she replied, she recognized the voice of the Mayor. Dara could feel the pride in his voice as he invited her “for a drink” on the same day. However his invitation fell flat as Dara refused, preferring going back home after her classes. As charming and powerful as Kwon Jiyong was, she didn’t want to be another one of his conquest. She admired him for his work and political decisions but that was it.

As for him, having a woman refusing his invitation only made long for her even more. He spent the next few weeks trying to get her attention by coming to Seoul’s university for seminars, as well as negotiating back and forth some contracts between the City Hall and Hyundai Industries.

 

KWON JIYONG’S OFFICE

Monday 15th of December

After a well-spent weekend in Jeju Island with some girl mates, Jiyong came back to Seoul only to have his father reprehend him for his “careless attitude”. Jiyong loved women; he respected them and enjoyed spending time with them, especially in bed. After being elected the Mayor of Seoul, he had to face new responsibilities. He always had to prepare speeches for the journalists, he always had meetings or conference to attend to and for once since his election, he gave himself a short weekend escapade and went to Jeju.

However, his father reminded him the plan they had for him since Jiyong started to walk and talk. Jiyong had been elected Mayor at 25 years old, but he didn’t intend on stopping here. Seoyuk and Jiyong’s goal was to make him the President of South Korea and in five years Kwon Jiyong will indeed run for president, if everything goes smoothly as planned. But both of them knew that in order to become president, Kwon Jiyong had to found a family. Thus, Korean citizens will see Kwon Jiyong as a loving stable man. South Korea needed a First Lady that could make the myth come true, just like Jackie Kennedy did in the United States, or Grace Kelly in Monaco.

“Jiyong, listen to me. We already talked about it. You need to settle down. The time has come for you to find a wife. We already planned it. In five years from now you will become president. You need to show people how serious you are about all of this. We can’t keep up like this.” Kwon Seoyuk stated as he served himself and his son a glass of Yamazaki Whisky.

His father always did everything to hide Jiyong’s flings from the journalists, however it was sometimes impossible for him to stop it from going public as Jiyong was often seen with celebrities. From Victoria Secret supermodels, to Kpop idols, Jiyong had seen it all. However, he knew from the beginning that he wanted to marry someone from the same background as him.

Over the last few weeks, Jiyong was interested in pursuing Park Sandara, the heir of Hyundai Industries, to the happiness of the Kwon parents. However the girl seemed to play hard to get. He even heard that she ended up by rejecting Min Daejung, a guy that she’s been interested in for quite some time, accordingly to his friend Seung-hyun.

“You should invite Park Jeesung’s daughter for a dinner between the two of you. She seems like the perfect woman to take in the First Lady position. Intelligent, strong-minded but not too noisy. Just perfect for our plan.” Kwon Seoyuk added as Jiyong sighted.

“She’s not interested. She already rejected my invitation for a drink.”

“For a drink? You invited her for a drink? God Jiyong, didn’t I taught you anything? Models can be invited for a drink but not her. She has too much class to settle for a drink date that you managed to fit in you schedule.”

Kwon Jiyong laughed slightly as he heard his father speak. The man was talking about her as if she was some goddess. Granted, her family had power. Her family owned one of the biggest companies of South Korea. And yes she was intelligent for sure. True, she was strong-minded but also cared about what other people could think. But she was acting hard to get. On the one hand, it was an incentive for Jiyong to keep pursuing her, but at the same time he felt like he was losing his time when it was so easy for him to get another girl. The Mayor of Seoul started sipping at his Japanese whisky as he thought about a way to satisfy his dad’s request.

“Okay, I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter