Pangs

Je t'aime... Moi non plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12

 

Right after Jiyong dropped Sandara at her place, she quickly greeted her parents and went straight to Seung-hyun’s, not even feeling jet lagged. She was too exited for that and she knew she had to tell everything to her best friend, as well as kick him where no guy wanted to be kicked for letting himself be bribed with just a car. However, Seung-hyun didn’t really react the way she was expecting him to react. Even though he had been the one coaching Jiyong to get her back, he thought she could at least fight a bit before letting him kiss her.

Sandara had never been the easy type and after being lectured for giving in so easily, she ended up telling Seung-hyun what she had in mind.

“Of course I know it’s too soon, I am not that dumb. I know he doesn’t love me… yet. But I know that everything is going to work just fine.” She assured as she started pacing around Seung-hyun’s living room, trying to avoid his gaze.

“And how can you be so sure this time?”

“He almost lost his political career. I’m pretty sure he is not going to risk anything until he becomes president.” She said as if it was most logical thing ever. The thing is that when it came to Kwon Jiyong, the guy seemed to defy all logic.

As Sandara was pacing around his apartment, Seung-hyun couldn’t recognize the woman in front of him. She was so sure of herself when talking, it was as if Jiyong had never broken her heart. He started wondering what her cousins had told her back in London… Was it them who told her to give in without putting up a fight?

“If there is one thing I learned over the last three weeks is that I have to love myself first.” So far, Seung-hyun agreed with her statement. As she saw him nod slightly, she went one. “And this is exactly what I am doing. I’m accepting Jiyong’s apologize and I’m staying by his side because I know that this is what I need. I need a man who will be able to provide me love and acknowledgment and Jiyong is the perfect man for that.”

“You just said he doesn’t love you, how can he then be the perfect man for that? Plus, I don’t how he can give acknowledgment if you give in so easily.” Seung-hyun replied as he laid back on his couch with his glass of wine on his left hand and his cigarette on the other.

Sandara squinted her eyes at him before sighing. She was trying to control her anger but the more she talked with her best friend, the angrier she was getting. Why was Seung-hyun acting so hot and cold? Before she went to London, he had threatened Jiyong to not speak to her ever again, than he started praising him over the phone with her, and now he was criticizing her choice.

“He will become president, you and I both know it. As the First Lady, I will have all the acknowledgment I want, don’t worry. And yes, he might not love me YET but he will come around… If, Jiyong knows what’s best for him, everything will be all right.”

“So now we’re talking about power? I didn’t think you gave a about politics, Sandara.” He said, seemingly disappointed in his best friend.

“I don’t care about politics. But I know a man like him will be able to provide me everything I’ll ever dream of.” This time Sandara’s voice got a little weaker as she sat next to Seung-hyun. “I came back and he wants to be with me Seung-hyun, for real… I can’t push him away or make him pursue me… What if he gets tired and finds someone else? I’m the lucky one in this relationship Seung-hyun.” She finally confessed her worries as her friend took her in his arms, trying to soothe her.

In a political perspective, it was true that Jiyong could provide her everything she could ever want. His family was very powerful and they knew everybody important, Kwon Seoyuk had made sure of that. Also, if Sandara stayed by Jiyong’s side, she was indeed very likely to become First Lady and thus be the most admired woman in South Korea. She wouldn’t have to take over her parents business either; Kwon Jiyong would be there to take care of it for her and he would certainly do a better job at it then her. He was the perfect man to handle every business-related situation and he would provide her the best mansions, with the best personnel and the best things for her and their children, either he loved her or not.

But here was the problem, Jiyong liked her very much but he wasn’t sure he loved her. And as much as she had tried to make him love him, she couldn’t force him to anything and accepting his apologies so easily would only push Jiyong to take her for granted. But at the same time, Sandara made a point here. With all the other woman willing to date him, no matter how he behaved towards them, he wouldn’t have pursued her for long. He eventually would have given up on her and would have focused on his work, just like he did with this North Korean girl. Just like he always did whenever things got more complicated.

“So what are you going to do to make him fall for you?” Seung-hyun asked.

“Well… I will just make him realize that I am the one… I can already tell you, he is not going to see it coming.” She said this time with a malicious smile plastered on her face.

Seung-hyun looked at his best friend for a few seconds, squinting his eyes, trying to catch what was off with her. “Did you listen to Beyonce’s albums during your flight?” Suddenly, Dara’s eyes widened as she started looking at anywhere but him.

“I think I should head back home, I'm really exhausted… you know time difference…” She said as she quickly withdrew her phone from her pocket and started texting her chauffeur, asking him to pick her up.

“Sandara…” He said with his low threatening voice.

“Okay, okay!” She said as she raised her hands up. “I admit, I might have listened to Lemonade. But this album it soooo good Seung’! I swear she makes you feel like Jay-Z cheating on her was no biggie.”

This time, Seung-hyun looked amusedly at his friend who went from sharing her insecurities with him, to feeling herself real quick. But he was really hoping that her plan wouldn’t backfire on her. She was really good for Jiyong, but maybe he wasn’t good for her.

 

 

The next morning, Jiyong felt more energized than ever. After that kiss with Sandara, they had talked a bit on their way to her place and she had agreed to try again with him. But she had clearly stated that she wanted to take things as they came and didn’t want to go out in public with him for the time being. And this condition didn’t even bothered Jiyong, he didn’t feel like putting their relationship public once again, he just wanted to try again and see if he could ever feel something strong for her.

What was making him uncomfortable is how after their talk she had acted as if nothing had ever happened before she went to London and to say the truth, he didn’t expect her to be so easy on him. He thought she would make him pursue her for a few weeks at least before giving in. However he was not complaining at all, he really wanted to make things right with her. Even though he couldn’t say that he was in love with her, he knew that she didn’t leave him indifferent. And the fact that she forgave him so quickly even made him feel even worse about what he did with that stripper. He felt like Sandara was too good for him and for once in his life, he really wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter