00.

Inhumane

Artificial Intelligence. 

They were not something uncommon. Whether it's something as small and simple as a robot vacuum or a small robot to get the groceries, they were common even in small households. There were also bigger ones who would help tend the gardens in bigger households; even in restaurants, robots programmed as cashiers were used in most of them.

As long as one asked for it, they could be programmed however their owner wanted them to.  However, there were also the kinds which not many people knew about.  Androids. 

Highly intelligent robots programmed and disguised as a normal human being, commonly used by large corporations. They, unlike the common robots, had been programmed to not just have one task assigned. 

Depending on the person in control, they could either be really useful or really dangerous.



After finding out the existence of the Androids by chance, Sunmi and her boyfriend, Taecyeon, both genius hackers had been fascinated by them ever since. In the basement of the bookstore of Taecyeon's family, it was filled with the different technologies they had programmed themselves and some which they had managed to obtain by hacking into the system of big corporations. 

"Hello." Sunmi whispered in a slight shaky voice with her hands clasped tightly together while she waited for the figure in front to return the greeting.

"Hello, I'm Udon Version One." It introduced itself as the couple had programmed and that brought a huge smile onto the female's face.

However, before she could continue the conversation, the figure's head dropped down as its eyes closed.

"How many times do we have to remind you that it's not ready yet?" The taller and buff man shook his head and leaned against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. "Good job there, Mark."

The smaller sized male nodded without saying anything as he rolled his chair away from the socket.

"He's beautiful," Sunmi whispered in awe, her gaze fixed on the motionless and faceless android seated in front of her. "Now all he needs is the face that you still haven't finished yet."

She threw a glare at her boyfriend after her last sentence which Taecyeon only raised his two arms in a defensive mode.

"I'm trying my best!" The man stood up straight and walked toward her. "And do you really have to call him Udon?"

"It's cute!" Sunmi retorted, looking up at Taecyeon who had walked to her side. "Right, Mark?"

The boy lifted his gaze up at the couple again and nodded his head gently.

Taecyeon let out a long sigh in defeat, knowing that he wouldn't be able to win her whenever they started that topic. 

"Just a while more." He smiled finally, turning his attention to the android. "He will be complete soon."

However, despite her hard work for that few years, Sunmi was never able to witness the completion of her first android.



Thank you for waiting for Inhumane, the story is finally starting. I know you guys still can't see how in the world is this linked to mysme, it's subtle but I'm pretty sure you will see it soon. Thank you to whoever is reading this! See you next week ^^

cheers, leen!

follow me on: http://instagram.com/ddeokbxkki
ask me anything: http://curiouscat.me/ddeokbxkki