12.

Inhumane

“That hurts!” Jinyoung’s exclaim filled the air in the basement that they hadn’t been using for a while. “Bambam, be gentle!”

“Endure it like a man.” Bambam grumbled, a look of unhappiness on his face as he applied the bandage onto Jinyoung’s wounded shoulder. “But, that’s one huge bruise; what did you get hit by?”

“Well,” Jinyoung trailed off for a short while then continues. “The wooden bat they were holding. Maybe I hit my back against something when they threw me. I can’t remember.”

“Bam, use all your strength when you’re tending to his wounds. Bandage him up tightly.” Jaebum ordered while Jeongyeon tended to his wounds on his arm.

“That’s very cruel of you, Jaebum.” Jinyoung complained. “Beside, why do the two of you have the girls tending to your injuries but I got Bambam.”

“Hey!” Bambam hit the spot which he just applied the bandaid on which caused Jinyoung to yelp out in pain. “I can do my first aid well too, okay?”

“I work for boss so obviously, I am the one to tend to his injuries. Mark is always with Nayeon, so naturally, Nayeon’s the one to do it.”

That last statement got Mark and Nayeon to raised their head up, turning to their direction.

“What kind of logic is that?” Mark asked bluntly.

Jinyoung scoffed.

“If anything I would’ve thought that the both of you will end up dating.” Jinyoung continued his rambles but ended up getting a box of bandaid thrown right into his face.

“I’m an injured person here!” Jinyoung exclaimed again.

“Then stop saying stupid things like this.” This time, it was Nayeon who seemed to be the one who threw the box at him.

“Nayeon, you too? Why is everyone against me today?”

“Because you’re an idiot who does stupid things to make everyone worry about you.” Jeongyeon stated in a nonchalant way while she now applied some alcohol on Jaebum’s wounded shoulder. “Bambam, do your job.”

“Yes ma'am!”

With those two words, the basement was once again filled with Jinyoung’s yelps of pain.


“Did we manage to get it?”

“Yes, sir.”


Jeongyeon stared at the huge river in front of her; the sun is setting which was reflected beautifully in the water. She would always come to this place whenever she’s troubled or feeling down however, unlike any other times, she just came here because she felt like it.

For the first time, she thought that the scenery in front of her was very beautiful.

“Sitting by yourself again?” Jinyoung’s voice and presence brought Jeongyeon back from her own thoughts.

“What are you doing here again then?” The girl responded with another question however, her tone was more casual than the previous time. “Where are the others?”

“They left after you did.” Jinyoung shrugged a little and took off his cap, shifting his gaze to the huge river in front of them.

“Are you sure you can do this? Idol Junior, sitting side by side with a girl?” Jeongyeon asked, surprised at Jinyoung’s action.

“Look around,” Jinyoung smiled with his gaze still on the front. “There’s no one here. Isn’t that the main reason why you’re here? For some alone time and peace?”

Jeongyeon did not answer his question but Jinyoung knew he was right. A comfortable silence filled the air with only the soft gentle breeze as their company.

“It’s starting to get cold—“

“Thank you.” That was Jeongyeon’s soft whisper which cut off Jinyoung’s words as he turned to look at the female beside him.

“What?”

“I said, thank you.” Jeongyeon repeated. “Thank you for bringing them back even though it was a very idiotic way.”

“Hey!” Jinyoung exclaimed, looking really offended but a smile spread across his face soon after. 

“Well, I did make a promise.”

“Didn’t expect you to really be serious about it.”

“Am I such a person to you?” Jinyoung sounded offended for the second time in just mere minutes.

“You’re an idol—“

“I am Park Jinyoung in front of you…” Jinyoung hesitated then continued. “And in front of the others too. Including Jaebum but don’t tell him that.”

That invited a chuckle from Jeongyeon.

“I won’t.” Jeongyeon assured him with a small smile. “But I think I’m really lucky.”

“Hm?”

“I am very fortunate to have people who love me more than I love myself.” Jeongyeon spoke quietly as she stared at the setting sun. “I really wouldn’t know what to do if none of you were to help me get through the past few weeks.”

“You should stop putting everything on your shoulders.” Jinyoung turned to look at the setting sun in front of him too. “If you’re embarrassed, you can always cry in front of me. Just call me and I’ll be there.”

“If your fangirls hear these words, they would witch hunt me.”

“Like I said, I’m not Junior in front of you. I’m Park Jinyoung.”


Everything seemed to have gone back to normal after that incident. Nayeon was always hanging in her family’s cafe(since it’s currently term break) with Mark and Bambam near her. Even though they didn’t really have to anymore but Bambam just liked hanging around her; he said that she reminded him of an older sister. And since Mark and Bambam had always been the ones hanging out together even before Nayeon got involved, Bambam had dragged the older guy along.

But strangely enough, he never complained about it.

Jeongyeon had also gone back to work. It was hard to convince her mother especially now that she knew what her daughter was actually doing. But she eventually gave in to Jeongyeon’s stubbornness.

“Alright,” The older woman had sighed in defeat. “Just be careful.”

Im Jongmin and Park Sangwon didn’t make any moves either which rose some suspicions from Jaebum and the others. Especially Jaebum who always had the strong urge to punch his uncle whenever he saw him however, he always managed to hold himself back. How dare they act like nothing happened?

Jaebum also noticed Jeongyeon’s clenched fist everytime they met in the company but the girl had amazing self control and managed to even give him a polite bow.

“I told you, they are definitely planning for something bigger!” Bambam raised his voice slightly when no one seemed to react to his words. “It was too easy.”

“What was?” Jaebum questioned with his arms folded as he leaned back against his seat. It’s not that he didn’t have his suspicious but with his little technology knowledge, he had no idea which part of it was suspicious.

“The CCTV, we had a hard time getting it and suddenly we got an access to that only one near the warehouse? Hey, is anyone listening to me?”

A few hums were given as a reply which made Bambam sighed exasperatedly.

“Just because I’m the youngest, it doesn’t mean that you guys can just ignore my observations like this!” Bambam crossed his arms.

“Shut up, Bam.” Mark finally gave a response; quiet but still a response. “We heard you.”

“And?”

“We know you’re right.” Jeongyeon answered this time. “But we can’t do anything about it. Not yet.”

“They are planning something, aren’t they?” Nayeon whispered softly as she held onto her hands tightly. Even though she had been working with these people for months, she also realised how dangerous the situation she’s in right then.

“Nayeon—“ Jinyoung walked up from his seat and gave the girl a pat on her head, as if telling her that it would be okay. Mark, who had his arms folded and his back against the chair, raised an eyebrow at the idol’s actions.

“They are.” Jaebum answered bluntly. “But we don’t know what. You thought it was easy too, right Nayeon?”

“It was like an army but their security was .” Nayeon replied. “Like real , even the first years would find it easy. Well, that is if they were in the situation.”

“We thought it’s a threat or a warning towards Jaebum but—“

“They manipulated us.” Jeongyeon concluded.

“And we fell into their trap.” Mark finished the sentence off.

“This is why I said we should’ve thought it through!” Jaebum threw Jinyoung a glare. “But an idiot just have to do things his way.”

Jinyoung for the first time, did not retort back. He knew they were right but he also knew that if he did not make a move, Jeongyeon would continue to have that heavy burden on her shoulders.

“Let’s not push the blame around.” Jeongyeon managed to stop her own boss from continuing.

“Right.” Jaebum agreed then looked around at everyone. “They had planned a charity ball with KC Telecom and everyone in the company was invited.”

“I was invited too. Well, with Jin Ae.” Jinyoung paused for a while then continued when no one made any response. “Baby J, that soloist.”

“Ah, that girl.” Nayeon mumbled. “Not a fan.”

“Who?” Jaebum who never follow any entertainment news asked, a look of confusion on his face.

“Jinyoung’s girlfriend.” Jeongyeon answered with a straight face. “Or at least what fans want her to be.”

“You have a girlfriend?” Bambam gasped; his eyes widened slightly. “Why didn’t you tell anyone?”

“I do not.” Jinyoung shook his head, an obvious “Can we stop this topic now?” look plastered in his face. “Although, I think she likes me. She's annoying.”

“Will we get paid if we sell this information to the paparazzi?” Bambam leaned closer to Nayeon in his side and spoke in a low whisper.

“I will kill you.” Jinyoung gritted through his teeth.

“Jeongyeon will kill us first.” Nayeon blurted out but covered immediately when both Jinyoung and Jeongyeon threw her a look. She turned to face Bambam for help.

“Anyway!” Bambam chuckles nervously. “So about this charity ball—“

“Should we go?” Jaebum asked this time, suspicious about the whole situation. “Will it be a trap again?”

“Jinyoung and I can just go as guests.”

“I would need a date and I refused to get Jin Ae’s as my date.” Jinyoung stated. “Let me borrow your secretary for one night.”

“No.” Jaebum rejected immediately. “She’s going to stay by my side that night. Beside, your agency wouldn’t allow it since they are probably going to keep an eye on you. If Jeongyeon’s your date, they will get even more suspicious.

“Stingy, the only person they have not suspect is Bambam anyway.” Jinyoung muttered then smirked a little at Jeongyeon’s flustered reaction which she was trying very hard to hide. He then turned to Mark. “Mark, let me borrow Nayeon then.”

“No.”

Everyone else turned to look at the quiet guy, surprised at his response.

“That's... new.” Jaebum stared at Mark, his arms still crossed but there was a rare surprised expression on his face.

Nayeon had the same surprise look; Jeongyeon had an eyebrow raised whereas, for Jinyoung and Bambam, they were sharing sneaky glances at each other that probably meant “This is going to be fun.”

“What?” Mark asked, completely unbothered by everyone’s response. “It’s the same reason as why Jeongyeon can’t be his date. They know Nayeon.”

“But I want to go.” Nayeon quietly muttered which Jinyoung managed to catch. He walked up to her and slung an arm around her shoulders. “Will you please be my date then? We can give you a makeover so no one would recognise you.”

“Still no.” Mark answered before Nayeon could even open .

“Another stingy one.” Jinyoung snorted before he turned to Bambam. “Oi Bam, dress up as a girl, you’re going with me.”

“NO!”

In the end, they’ve decided to just put the invitation one side since the charity ball was still two months away. No one brought the topic up anymore.

They had something more important to do. Especially for Mark and Bambam.

Because Taecyeon had came back with news of Sunmi’s possible whereabouts one week after their invitation to the charity ball.


` long awaited update! let's go into the second part of this story now! things are getting more exciting (i hope) and maybe more will be revealed. or do you guys have your own guesses? if yes, i would love to hear them! also, i think the regular updates will be able to commence again! i hope you've enjoyed this chapter, tried to add some humour into it but i don't know if it will work. next chapter, we will get an emotional bambam.

till then!

- ddeokbxkki -

http://instagram.com/ddeokbxkki