17.

Inhumane

“Sorry Jinyoung,” Bambam started off with an apology. “We couldn’t get pass the security system.”

No one made any response to him. Jaebum stepped forward a little, his eyes fixated on the screen. Mark and Nayeon who were on the other side of the hall, did the same too. None of them could find any word to say during that situation which, neither of them were expecting it to happen.

“What’s going on?” Jihyo who noticed Jaebum acting weirdly couldn’t help herself but to ask. “Is that a new way to promote a new movie?”

“I wish.” Jaebum mumbled half heartedly as a reply to Jihyo’s question.

Right on the big screen, a footage of Jinyoung was playing. It was clearly taken during the huge fight at the abandoned warehouse. Being one of the most popular solo idol, the journalists and reporters jumped into action, recording the big reveal of Jinyoung. 

“Shut it down.” Mark commanded through their communication system. “Bambam, Udon, shut it down. Nayeon and I will come back and help.”

“We are trying!”

“No.” Jinyoung muttered firmly. “Find Jeongyeon first.”

“Jinyoung, get out from the hall before your career gets ruined.” Jaebum instructed. “Now.”

Jihyo turned to look at Jaebum, an obvious surprised expression all over her face. Did Jaebum know this idol and who was he speaking to? She was about to ask again but was startled by the loud gunshot that came from the footage. 

That was the last thing everyone saw. A footage of Jinyoung pulling the gun trigger before the screen goes black and so did the whole hall.

The light came back on again, brightening up the place.

Taecyeon and Bambam stood up from their seat. Nayeon grabbed Mark’s arm, a look of panic and shocked on their faces. Jaebum clenched his fist into a ball and Jinyoung widened his eyes.

“Isn’t that—“ Jihyo couldn’t finished her sentence and turned to look at the man beside her who’s keeping his full attention on the situation that’s going on.

Jeongyeon. 

“You crazy bastards!” Jinyoung bellowed which most of the reporters managed to capture his angry expression.

The man who was holding Jeongyeon captive said nothing and slid a pistol across the floor towards him.

“Show everyone your true self.” The man spoke in a monotonous voice. “Show everyone how easy it was for you to pull the trigger of a gun. Show everyone the real Park Jinyoung. Use the gun and she will be safe.”

His words caused even more confusion in the crowd but for the five of them, they knew what the man was and what he wanted.

It was an android programmed for this and what they wanted was Jinyoung to shoot the android in front of the media and everyone in the hall.

The hall went quiet as tension filled the air. Jinyoung glanced at the pistol on the ground and slowly bend down to pick the gun up from the ground. His eyes met with Jeongyeon’s after he stood up again; despite the mask covering half her face, he could still see the panic in her eyes. 

Yet, she was shaking her head, telling him to not do it. 

“Mark, Jaebum—“ Taecyeon started, hinting for them to help out but Jinyoung’s loud voice stopped them from moving.

“Stay back!” He roared which created even more tension. “Let me handle this. It was my fault.”

He looked down at the gun then back up at Jeongyeon again. At the same time, Mark guided Nayeon out of the hall and once they’re out, they ran straight into the van. Both of them grabbed a laptop each, hoping that they would be able to shut the android down while Taecyeon and Bambam continued to break the enemies’ security. 

“Jinyoung, you’re really going to—“ Jaebum asked in a low whisper; his gaze had never once leave the other man’s figure. “This is what they want.”

“And because it’s what they want, I will do it.” Jinyoung kept his gaze on the female in front of him. “Or else they might do worse and I don’t want any of you getting hurt because of the stupid things I did again.”

“Don’t be crazy!” Jeongyeon finally exclaimed. “You don’t even know me!”

Jinyoung said nothing as he held up the black pistol in his hand after he pulled the slide to load it. There was a voice in his head that kept yelling to not do it but despite that, he still kept a firm hold on the destructive tool that was pointing at the android.

“Jinyoung, no!” Nayeon shouted. “We are able to shut it down, don’t do it!”

But the man heard nothing of it.

“Jinyoung, don’t do it.” It wasn’t obvious but Jaebum’s was shaking slightly out of both anger and panic. “

Again, Jinyoung ignored it.

Instead, his forefinger was on the trigger. To stop his hand from shaking, he used his other hand to support the one holding onto the pistol. He could see the tears welling up in Jeongyeon’s eyes and even though it was only the second time, he still hated it. So he did the only thing that his body would react; he smiled a little, trying to assure the girl before he put in more pressure in his finger.

“STOP!”

Jinyoung could hear the different voices from Taecyeon, Jaebum, Mark, Bambam and Nayeon from his earbud. At the same time, the android’s head dropped down and his hand loosen from Jeongyeon’s wrists which were behind her back. She staggered a little but was able to regain her balance.

“We did it.” Bambam leant back against his seat and let out a long breath that he had been holding in subconsciously.

Jinyoung dropped the pistol onto the ground and took a few big steps towards Jeongyeon. He knew that they’d gotten the attention in the big hall and he knew that the reporters were ready with their camera but at that point, he couldn’t care less.

“Are you okay?” That was his first question and everyone could hear the gentleness in his tone. However, the questioned was answered with Jeongyeon pushing him back harshly.

“Are you ing crazy!” She shouted as the tears started flowing down. “They wanted this! All the media are here! This is going to ruin your career, you could have just pretend you don’t know me at all—“

“Shut up!” Jinyoung held onto both her wrist and raised his voice as well. “I would be crazy if I do that! Watching you in danger and still not do anything? That’s crazy, not this! I’ve told you before, this is Park Jinyoung in front of you. Not the superficial idol Junior that the media know! I am Park Jinyoung!”

He took in a deep breath and looked down at the girl before he continued. This time, his voice was gentle once again.

“So answer me, are you okay?”

Jeongyeon burst into tears and this time, instead of getting flustered, Jinyoung wrapped an arm around her body, pulling her closer to his body. However, before the reporters could capture that moment, all the lights went off again.

“Get out from the hall.” Taecyeon ordered urgently. “I doubt this is the only thing they’ve planned. Jaebum, get out too.”

“Alright.” Jaebum nodded firmly and turned towards the entrance. However, he stopped after a step and turned his body around. His eyes met with Jihyo’s confused yet concerned ones before he dragged the girl out along with him.

“I’m taking Jihyo with me.” Jaebum strode out from the hall, pulling a struggling Jihyo alone. Once they reached his car, he managed to get Jihyo into the passenger seat. 

With that said, he started the engine and drove off. However, there was a black car that was already waiting for them as they drove up to Jaebum’s car, trying to block his path but Jaebum managed to avoid the car. Stepping on the accelerator harder, he went straight towards the exit. A few more cars went after, causing him to make a sharp turn and headed straight out from the carpark.

Another loud screeching sound from the car was heard behind them.

“What is happening?” Jihyo asked loudly, turning her head to take a quick look at what’s happening then back to Jaebum. “You know what was that earlier right? Why were there people after you?”

“I will explain later.” Jaebum brushed her off then continued but this time, it was directed to the others. “Jinyoung, are you out too?”

“We’re in my car. But we have a car on our tail” Jinyoung replied, his breathing getting a little shaky. “Where do we go now?”

“To be safe, let’s meet up at my private apartment. No one knows about it.”

“Then how would I know where to go?” Jinyoung interrupted, raising his voice a little while he kept his eyes on the road.

“Jeongyeon.” He stated. “Jeongyeon has the spare keys, she knows where to go.”

“Boss, they are still after us.” 

“So is Udon.” Taecyeon interrupted the conversation. “The ones in the car are not human, he’s after them and will shut them down.”

Right at that moment, there was a loud screeching sound against the metal highway fence behind Jinyoung’s car and then a loud bang.

“It’s done.” Udon answered. “I’m going back to the others.”

“Why are you guys still there?” Jaebum half shouted as he sped up a little. “Get out from their radar, now!”

“What is happening?” Jihyo shouted but again, she received no answer from the man.

“We have to delete all traces we left behind earlier.” Nayeon was the one who replied this time while she typed against her keyboard. “But something or someone is stopping us!”

“Jeongyeon, send the address to everyone!” Jaebum ordered. “I'm breaking our communication, we will meet at my place!”

With that said, Jaebum plucked out the earbud from his ear and threw it out of the window. 

“What is happening?” Jihyo asked once more, emphasising on every syllabus this time. 

“I will explain later.” Jaebum replied in a half hearted way. “Not now.”

“Tell me now.” Jihyo’s insisted in a demanding way but Jaebum ignored her completely and stepped on the accelerator more.

When they reached his apartment, Jinyoung and Jeongyeon were already waiting for them inside. The both of them stood up immediately when they heard the sound of the keys and only let out a sigh of relief when Jaebum walked in with Jihyo following behind. 

Almost immediately, Jinyoung grabbed the other man to the side and muttered through his teeth; both their back facing the two girls.

“Why did you bring her here by the way?”

“Park Sangwon wasn’t there and the situation was getting really bad. I had no choice!” Jaebum spoke in the same manner as Jinyoung did. However, before the latter could make any response, Jaebum turned around, facing Jeongyeon who was holding a cat in her arms.

“I fed Seraphina.” Jeongyeon stated the moment her eyes met with Jaebum’s.

“That’s not what I wanted to ask but thank you.” Jaebum let out a long breath from the previous tension he felt. “Did that android hurt you? Also, where are the others?”

“That’s the thing.” Jinyoung interrupted and walked up to the pair. “We can’t contact them at all. No one’s picking up, not even Udon. Do you think something happened?”

“What is happening?” Jihyo asked for the umpteenth time of the night. “And yes, I am right here, thank you for ignoring me.”

Jaebum took a quick glance at her then turned to Jeongyeon, tilting his head slightly as an indication for her to answer Jihyo’s question. 

With a quick nod, Jeongyeon put Seraphina, the white cat down onto the floor and walked up to Jihyo.

“Do you want anything to drink? I will explain to you although it might sound really crazy.” Jeongyeon bowed politely.

There wasn’t any reply given and for a short moment, there was an awkward silence between the two of them as Jihyo narrowed her eyes at her. However, she ended up nodding a little.

While Jeongyeon were explaining the situation to Jihyo who was listening in disbelief, Jinyoung and Jaebum were making phone calls again and again even though, they got no response from either of the four who still had not meet up with them.

“I don’t believe you.” Jihyo stood up, shaking her head at the same time. “Daddy will do none of that. He wouldn’t hurt Jaebum’s father, they’re good friends! I’m out of here.”

“Wait!” Jeongyeon’s reaction to Jihyo’s words caught Jaebum’s and Jinyoung’s attention. 

Jaebum put his phone down and turn to his ex flame. 

“Sit down, Jihyo.” Jaebum instructed firmly but in a gentle tone. “It’s dangerous.”

“Why should I believe all of you?” Jihyo insisted on her way and headed towards the door. However, before she could even reach for the handle, a loud banging against the door startled her a little.

“Jaebum!” Nayeon’s frantic voice came through from the other side. “Jeongyeon, Jinyoung, whoever! Open the freaking door!”

The three of them shared a look for a brief second before Jinyoung, who was the nearest to the door open it. Jihyo gasped loudly from the side. Jinyoung and Jaebum’s eyes widened and Jeongyeon covered in shock.

Nayeon dropped down in front of them, so did Mark who had a bloody hand on the side of his waist. They were followed by Taecyeon who had an unconscious Bambam on his back. 

As if knowing they’re at a safe place now, Mark collapsed right in front of everyone. 


` so am i going to get killed for this ending again? HAHA. those jinyoung-jeongyeon shippers, i hope you enjoyed this chapter! but, mark's story which is also bambam's story, is going to properly start. so the markyeon ship is going to finally shine. as for jaebum and jihyo.... i feel bad for continuing BUT there's no way to save their 'relationship' because everything's planned. i will keep it to a minimal i guess? again, votes and comments/thoughts are very very welcome! i love reading your reactions and your guesses. they motivate me a lot.

happy weekends, people!

- ddeokbxkki - (same username on instagram!)