11.

Inhumane

Jinyoung had managed to sneak into the warehouse without anyone noticing. Surprisingly, there were only two men guarding the place but Jinyoung couldn’t tell if they’re humans or android from where he was hiding. He stayed hidden as he continued to observe the situation. Jeongyeon’s mother and sister were just there, tied up but thankfully, they didn’t seem to be in a very bad shape.

After a few minutes of waiting and observing, no other man or person was seen around. That boosted Jinyoung’s confidence.

“Calm down, Jinyoung.” He muttered to himself as his grip tightened around the loaded gun in his hand. Or at least, he assumed it’s loaded.

Taking in a deep breath, Jinyoung stepped out from his hiding place which caught the attention of the two mean in the warehouse. Sweat dripped down from his forehead as he made careful steps nearer to where Jeongyeon’s family was; both of them unable to keep their surprised expression.

“I just want to get them away.” Jinyoung spoke quietly, holding his gun down. “We don’t have to get hurt.”

The two men said nothing as they both stepped forward and Jinyoung noticed that their movements were slightly rigid. Both of them had yet to speak up.

“They won’t reply, they don’t talk.” Jeongyeon’s sister, Jeongmi spoke up timidly, catching Jinyoung’s attention. “The only thing they do is give us water and food. Other than that, they’re just watching us.”

Androids. 

Jinyoung confirmed in his mind.

“Hello auntie and Jeongmi.” He gave them an awkward smile briefly before his gaze shifted to the two androids in front of him which surprisingly, stopped moving. “I’m Park Jinyoung.”

“We know who you are.” 

“Right.” The man let out a nervous chuckle. Why is this so nerve wrecking? It seemed so much easier when he was acting in his dramas.

“But what are you do—“ 

A loud bang which sounded like something heavy dropped, interrupted Jeongmi’s question and caused Jinyoung to turn around swiftly to where the loud sound came from. 

“.” Jinyoung cursed under his breath as a whole group of men in suits stepped into the warehouse. He then turned to Jeongmi and her mother again, trying his best to put up an assuring smile. “Don’t worry, I will get you two out of here. I made a promise.”

Jinyoung pulled the trigger of the gun and held it up but the android nearest to him was faster as it hit the gun out of Jinyoung’s hand. 

“Guess, we have to do the old fashion way.” Jinyoung mumbled to himself before he punched the android’s face hard, breaking the system in it.

He was able to be in control of the situation for a while but everytime he thought that the fight is over, more walked in and now he’s pretty much surrounded. Jinyoung turned around to look at the two females behind him and noticed their scared look. 

He had a promise to keep; he couldn’t let them get hurt.


“We are in deep .” Nayeon announced suddenly in the car. “Udon just sent a message and said that there’s a large amount of different frequency in the warehouse and he could already connect to them even though he’s not at the exact location.”

“Is he near?” Jaebum asked as he continued to drive, stepping on the accelerator more. “Tell him to get inside once he’s there. Jinyoung’s in danger.”

“In huge danger, you mean.” Bambam looked up from his screen. “It’s like an army and Jinyoung’s fighting them alone.”

“Are we reaching?” Jeongyeon asked this time. 

“According to our GPS, we are.” Mark answered.

“Udon arrived.”


Jinyoung grabbed onto the nearby chair and threw it at the direction of the group of androids that’s staring back at him. However, it didn’t seem to affect any of them since the chair did not hit any of the system inside. 

Cursing again, Jinyoung glanced at the gun that’s on the floor not far away from him. Maybe if he make a dash for it—

Another group of androids stepped in again in middle of his thoughts.

Maybe not.

Suddenly, he noticed the androids at the back shutting down one by one and when he realised what had happened, a wide smile grew on Jinyoung’s lips.

“Udon!”

“Yo.” The android greeted with a smile too. “Did that help?”

“A lot.” Jinyoung gave Udon a pat on its shoulder. “I wasn’t expecting you to come.”

“The others are too.” Udon stated as he stood in front of Jinyoung, turning to face the huge group in front of them. 

“How—“

“Your phones are tracked, remember?” Udon turned his head slightly to glance at the human. “I need to shut all of them down. Bambam and Nayeon will be helping. Do you think you can fight against them all for now? The frequency is too strong; I need time.”

“Take care of the two ladies then.” Jinyoung gave Udon a thumbs up, feeling a lot more confident than before. “I will hold them off.”

With those words, Jinyoung grabbed the nearest object from him, which in this case was a plank of wood and threw it in the direction of the androids. Almost like a switch, that action triggered all the androids and before any of them could even react, another huge group entered the building. 

“Udon, they’re coming right?” Jinyoung asked again. “Because I don’t think I can hold these things off for long.”

“This is why you should stop being a narcissist.” Jaebum’s voice echoed in the enclosed warehouse which caught everyone’s attention, including the androids. 

A relief smile grew on Jinyoung’s lip upon Jaebum’s and Mark’s arrival. 

“I’ve never been this glad to see you, rich man’s son.” Jinyoung called out, the relief obvious in his voice. However, not for long as the androids start to take big strides towards all their attention.

“ .” Jinyoung cursed as he stepped backward, stumbling a little. “Udon, get them out of here while you work on shutting these things down!”

“Bambam, how long do you need!” Jaebum shouted, pressing the bluetooth earpiece against his ear as Mark fought off the androids attacking them.

“Just hold them off!” Bambam answered, his fingers furiously typing on his keyboard. “This is a crazily huge group!”

“Jinyoung, protect Jeongyeon’s family!” Jaebum yelled. “The entrance is blocked!”

“Well, ?” Jinyoung turned his head to look at Jeongmi and her mother who looked shocked. Smiling sheepishly, he gave them a gentle nod. “We will explain later.”

A huge fight of both physical and hacking occured at the same time. In the warehouse, Jinyoung, Jaebum and Mark were fighting and making sure each of their hit shut the androids down. In the car, Bambam and Nayeon, with the help of Udon in the warehouse were typing furiously, trying to hack into the androids’ security system.

However, things don’t look really good in the warehouse as they were slowly getting overpowered.

“Damn it.” Jaebum muttered under his breath before raising his voice again. “Jinyoung, can you at least do some research before you do stupid things like this?”

“Research?” Jinyoung scoffed as he twisted an arm of an android behind his back, breaking it’s system immediately. “What is this? A project? Do I have to write a proposal before execution?”

Jinyoung threw a nearby chair at another attacker right after his words, shutting the android down too.

“Do you want me to write a report after this?” Jinyoung yelled.

“Can the both of you shut up!” Mark shouted in frustration as he too, punched another attacker into its face. 

“Tell Bambam and Nayeon to hurry up!” Both Jinyoung and Jaebum argued back.

“This is us against an army of androids!” Jinyoung managed to push an android down onto the ground which he then gave it a heavy step into its body. 

As the boys focused on the androids that were surrounding them, none of them noticed that one particular android was heading towards the direction of Jeongmi and her mother. The older woman held her daughter close as the android stepped closer. 

Thankfully, Jaebum was quick enough to notice. His shout caught Jinyoung’s attention who at the same time turned to where the two ladies were at.

“.” Jinyoung cursed under his breath and it was at that moment, he noticed the gun that he’d long forgotten. Without thinking, he dived for it and shot a bullet at its direction, managing to shut it down before it could even hurt anyone.

As if it was planned, every other android in the warehouse stopped their movements and stood motionlessly at their position.

“Is it over...?” Jinyoung sat himself up from the ground, panting heavily as he looked around.

“I think it is.” Jaebum dropped onto the floor too, catching for his breath as he glanced at Jinyoung and Mark.

“The system got shut down.” Udon explained and helped Jeongmi and her mother up from the floor. 

“Mom! Jeongmi!” Jeongyeon’s voice could be heard before she stepped into the warehouse. And when she did, she ran towards her family and gave them a tight hug. “Thank god you’re both safe.”

Jeongyeon's sobbed a little as her mother patted her cheek while Jeongmi cringed onto her older sister tightly.

The rest of them watched the family quietly before Jeongyeon turned around to face them with a smile on her face.

“Thank you.”

None of them said anything and instead, all of them had a wide smile on his face until Bambam voiced out again.

“There was something weird tho.”

That again, caught everyone’s attention. 

“What do you mean?” Jaebum as usual, was the first one to ask. 

Bambam did not answer but instead took a quick glance at Jeongyeon’s family which everyone got the hint. 

“Ma,am” Jaebum stepped forward and spoke in a polite tone. “Udon will send the both of you back home.”

“Mom, go home with Jeongmi first.” Jeongyeon said, giving them a small smile, as if trying to tell them to not worry.

“What is going on?” However, Jeongyeon’s mother didn’t agree readily. 

“We will explain to you guys soon.” Jaebum tried to assure the older woman. “Your daughter will be safe.”

“Yes, mom.” Jeongyeon gave her another smile. “Trust my boss.”

“You won’t be in any danger right?” Jeongyeon’s mom was still uncertain about not having both her daughters going back home together. 

“I won’t.” Jeongyeon gave her mother a firm nod before she turned to her sister. “Jeongmi, take good care of mom.”

“Don’t worry, Jeongyeon.” Udon stepped up with his usual wide smile. “I will keep them safe.”

“You know, we always trust you.” Jeongyeon smiled and gave the android a pat on his back playfully.

“Drive my car, Udon.” Jaebum interrupted. “It’s safer. This car isn’t tracked, I bought it secretly so my uncle wouldn’t find out.”

“Rich man.” Jinyoung snorted which Jaebum threw him a glare as a response. Even though Jinyoung seemed unfazed by it.

“Get going, Udon.” Mark spoke up this time, wanting this conversation to not drag on anymore so Jeongyeon’s family could be out of this danger zone. “It’s still dangerous here.”

“I’ll be going then.” Udon opened the back door of the car and invited Jeongyeon’s mother and sister into it. Although the reluctance was obvious, they eventually got into the car. With another smile and the approving nod from the others, Udon drove off.

The group watched the car drove out of their side before Bambam spoke up.

“So, where’s the car we’re heading to?” 

“I don’t have it.” Jaebum stated in a surprisingly nonchalant way. “Jinyoung drove here right?”

“No?” Jinyoung blinked in surprise. “I sneaked out, I can’t use my car.”

“Wouldn’t the public recognise you?” Jaebum asked back.

“Stop.” Nayeon interrupted the two men. “Are you saying, we sent Udon off with the only transport we have? Then what are we supposed to do now? This isn’t a place where we can get transport out easily!”

“Well...”

“Jaebum, it’s not like you to not think.” Mark commented in his low voice while he pushed Bambam’s jaw up to close his mouth.

“I was just worried, okay?”

“So what now, boss?” Jeongyeon sighed and finally asked the question in everyone’s head. “You’re hurt; Jinyoung and Mark are too.”

“We walk.” Jaebum stated in a matter of fact tone, causing Nayeon to give him a horrified expression. “It’s the only way. The both of them won’t die from a little walking. Neither would any of you since all of you are fine.”

Upon those words, Bambam’s jaw dropped again. This time, in utmost disbelief.


` my updates are getting slower, i know. but there will still be constant updates. we've reached the mid of the story; the end of jeongyeon's arc which eventually will lead to more development of relationships and plots. this is not a suspense story so everyone should know who are the bad guys now. however, there's one of the characters in here who doens't know. can you guess who's that? if you follow it closely.

i really want to hear your thoughts on what you think will happen next, so share with me <3

follow me on: http://instagram.com/ddeokbxkki