Stillness

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months had passed and still no sign of him.  I had lost 10 pounds and suffered headaches from my lack of sleep.  I was a pale shell of my former happy self. Sleep having deserted me I lay awake thinking of him and recall his sweet smiles and the gentle touch of his lips on mine.  Sometimes I wandered the streets at night hoping to find him or be taken as he had been taken.   I wondered what had become of him and I wept.

Then one day I thought I had spotted him among the students leaving school.  My heart stopped and I felt a stillness in my soul of anticipation. But alas, it was just another boy that resembled him from far away.  Just another false hope and my heart beat again.  Jay walked up to me and gave me a hug.  

"Hi," she said.

"Hi, baby, how are you doing today."

Ria gave him a soft smile and nodded, "a little better thanks."

"Can I walk you home," he asked gently.

"Sure, Jay, but can we take the long way please?"

"Anything you want.  How about we stop and get a snack?"  Everyone was always trying to coax me to eat but my appetite was one of the things that left with Yoongi's love.

"I'm not hungry."

"Okay, I'll make you something at home then."  

Jay held her hand as they walked slowly her eyes mainly on the pavement with occasional glances upward always searching for the familiar figure that she loved.  She prayed each day over and over for Yoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter