Week Three: Part One

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this has some more michaeng and soft saida. jitzu is still angsty but more of them is coming soon and namo are just...a mess.

Week Three: Part One

Mina and Momo had been best friends since they little, which is exactly how she knew she would be still be awake, even if it was 3 AM on a school night. She had managed to navigate her way thorugh the Hirai family's back garden, she didn't want to set of their secruity lights that they had at the front of the house. Now she just needed to somehow get Momo's attention without causing to much commotion; if she was as athletic as Momo herself she may have attempted to climb up the drain pipe and although Mina was no slouch herself she decided a text would be sufficient.

To: momoring: open your backdoor and let me in

Moments after Mina sent the text she could see Momo rise from her bed and make her way through her house, she opened the door and silently went back into her house and landed in her living room.

"You should be sleeping." Momo scolded the younger girl as soon as she sat down.

"So should you."

"Why are you here?" Mina sighed at the question, they both knew why. Both knew that Mina had been unable to sleep, still thinking about what she had said to Momo, what she had threatened to tell Nayeon that night on the court. Momo was thinking about that night also, about how she almost turned Chaeyoung in and although she doesn't agree with how Mina stopped her, she's glad she did.

"I was thinking about you and me and how I've been an awful friend." Mina started and Momo went to say something back but Mina put up a hand to stop her and Momo sank back into the couch a little further, waiting to see what her friend had to say. "I acted as if you were the only person in the wrong here when all you did was make a mistake, a stupid mistake but still a mistake. I knew you were hurting and I wasn't there for you." Mina finished and Momo laughed a little, the good thing about never arguing was never having to apologise, apologising was something neither girl was particularly good at.

"You don't have to apologise. I know you would've never told Nayeon and I understand why you did it, even if you don't even fully understand it yet yourself." Momo spoke and Mina looked away, she understood. Very much so.

"Still...My first response should've been to be there for you when those results came back so I'm sorry for making you think you've got to go through this alone. You're not alone, Momo. Anyone can see how sorry you are for what you did and everyone can se ehow much you're hurting because of it. I hope I can be a better friend to you." Momo didn't respond instead she just reached over and pulled Mina into a tight embrace and held her best friend close. They always understood one another and Momo knew that what Mina did wasn't coming from a malicious place.

"I just feel like I threw everything good I had away, my captaincy, my team, my scholarship, all gone," she pulled away from Mina and sat back in the couch again, "Nayeon. That one hurt the most." Momo finished and Mina reached across and gave the basketball player's hand a tight squeeze.

"You're in a rough patch of life right now but you have got so much more to give to the world, Momo. And you will, this storm has just got to pass first." Mina reasoned and Momo appreciated ehr friend's wise words.

"I'm still going to tell Nayeon though, about Naeun. It may have only been once drunken kiss but she deserves to know. In fact I think that is the thing that is tearing me up the most, it has been for a long time. It'll be good to have it out in the open." Momo speaks and Mina smiles gently.

"Even if she walks away completely?" Mina proposes and Momo thinks for a moment.

"She deserves to have that right, to make that decision. My relationship with her shouldn't have secrets and if she says we're done...properly done then I have to respect that and hope one day we can be friends again. I can only ask for her forgiveness." Momo speaks and Mina is glad her friend is thinking more rationally now. Glad both of them are thinking more rationally now.

"Now let's talk about you and Chaeyoung again." Momo starts, a smirk plastered firmly on her face.

"Please...My dad is already convinced I'm dating her. He was her doctor in the ER and let's just say she got his approval." Mina spoke and Momo's smile just kept getting wider.

"You like her." Momo teases like a little kid, Mina leans across and shoves the other girl lightly. Never denying what she says, though.

"Maybe I do have a tiny crush on Chaeyoung, but nothing will happen between us." Mina speaks and Momo rolls her eyes.

"It already has."

"How do you know?" Mina asks and once again Momo smirks.

"The way you stood up for her, that time I nearly walked in on you two kissing in the locker room. Let's also not forget when you drove her home after that game we lost, best you kissed. When you confronted her about the steroids and she told you about going to music school. You like her and things have happened." Momo speaks and Mina realises she can't lie about this, things have happened, a lot has happened.

"Okay so maybe we've kissed a few times but it's not like we were going at it in the storage cupboard or the locker room like Dahyun and Sana." Mina argues back and Momo raised her hands in defence. "Okay I like her." Mina gives in and Momo chuckles.

"So what's stopping you?" Momo probed and now Mina was the one who took some time to think.

"Chaeyoung I guess...She has this reputation and people talk but she's never shown anything to me that makes me think any of it is true-"

"But you're worried it might be. Listen, Mina, I've known Chaeyoung a long time now and I knew her a lot better than you used too. She's a good person, mostly, if we forget the selling drugs she's good but even if you think about her motives for doing that it isn't anything majorly bad. The kid wants to go to music school and I'll be she'll be a great Indie lesbian singer but I don't think she's a bad person. No matter how angry I was with her, I can't lie and say she's awful." Momo speaks and Mina smiles.

"At least she's going to try to stop, I can only see her continuing to sell them getting her into trouble, real dangerous trouble." Mina speaks and Momo sighs.

"Is that what you're really scared of? That'll she get hurt and you can protect her." Momo says and Mina has no response.

"I don't want to protect her, she can look after herself." Mina tries to wave Momo off.

"You're a protector Mina. Always have been. You can't help but do everything you can to protect those around you, it's just who you are. You care about Chaeyoung and you're scared she's going to hurt. That's perfectly natural." Momo speaks and Mina nods, knowing what her friend is saying.

"I need to talk to Chaeyoung don't I?" 

"Yes. Please not in the locker rooms though, like you said I think that's Sana and Dahyun terrority now." Momo jokes, trying to lighten the mood and it works, Mina laughs before grabbing her phone to check the time.

"I should get going before my parents wake up. I'll see you at school?" Mina asks and Momo nods, watching her friend leave before heading to bed for a few hours before having to get ready for the day.

 

***
 

"You were right. I do like Tzuyu. A lot." Jeongyeon startles when she hears Jihyo speak as she sits down next to her in the English class.

"Okay so tell her." Jeongyeon responds, to her it was obvious: Jihyo liked Tzuyu and Tzuyu liked Jihyo. She may be on of the most observant people in her whole friend group but she's sure she wasn't the only person to notice something was going on, although now she's wishing Jihyo hadn't told her because she's going to have to try and convince Jihyo that her feelings for Tzuyu are most likely mutual.

"I can't do that! Not after I called everything off between us." Jihyo spoke and Jeongyeon sighed.

"Fine then don't tell her and then you'll never know if she feels the same." She speaks to her friend who looks like she's genuienly considering it.

"I have to tell her don't I? I just feel like I've messed everything between us up. I knew something like this would happen, deals like this never work. Feelings always get in the way and someone always ends up hurt.

"There's still time for you to fix this, Jihyo. Just be honest, about everything." Jeongyeon reasons and Jihyo knows she's right she just worried that she might pour her heart out to a girl who may not even feel the same.

"I'll tell her. I'll tell her how I feel."

 

***

 

Chaeyoung was surprised when Mina called her to the theatre room, it wasn't somewhere she went often and she was worried why the older girl wanted to see her. As far as she could remember they were on good terms. Chaeyoung wishes they could be great, she couldn't stop thinking about Mina, her smile, her eyes, her dumb jokes that always make the two of laugh to no end. Yeah, she was on her mind a lot.

"You wanted to see me?" Chaeyoung asked as she stood in the doorway of the room, being careful not to lean on her injured hand.

"I thought maybe we should talk." Mina spoke and Chaeyoung took that as an invitation to enter and take a seat next to Mina.

"About?" She could've guessed what the older girl wanted to talk about but she wanted to hear the older girl say it.

"Us." Mina stated, plain and simple.

"There's an us?" Chaeyoung wasn't going to be easy to get through. 

"Yeah because we've kissed twice now and I can't stop thinkng about it and I nearly blackmailed my best friend just to protect you." Chaeyoung was slightly taken aback by what Mina said.

"Maybe we should talk then." She spoke and Mina rose, she made her way and say behind the piano. Chaeyoung followed and sat next to her once more.

"I've never really been a person for relationships but I want to be with you, I want to be the only one you're seeing." Mina sounded shy and Chaeyoung blushed a little.

"You're the only one I was planning on seeing. I want to be with you but I don't think we should rush into anything. Let's just do our thing. Mina and Chaeyoung. It doesn't have to be anything official...Yet. No pressure, just us two being together and getting to know even more about each other with our robot baby." Chaeyoung proposed and Mina really liked the sound of that. She knew that she wanted to be with Chaeyoung, officially, but she also knew that at that moment maybe neither girl was ready for it.

"Mina and Chaeyoung. No pressure, just us. I'd like that." Mina spoke, Chaeyoung looked ahead with a smile on her face and Mina moved a hand over to make Chaeyoung face her, she let her hand rest on the younger girl's cheek before leaning in and kissing the basketball player. Just like the last kiss where Chaeyoung felt everything, with this kiss it was Mina who was feeling everything. It wasn't like their first kiss that was quick, or their second kiss that felt rushed and messy. This was perfect, it was slow and Mina didn't want to pull away until she had to for air, even then she took a moment to lean her her forehead against Chaeyoung's.

"I really like kisisng you." Chaeyoung spoke before moving her good hand to rest on Mina's waist and leaning back in once more. She kissed the older girl this time and was about to move to deepen the kiss when they were interrupted by her phone.

"Ignore it." Mina spoke against her lips and Chaeyoung really wanted to but she couldnt.

"It's Dahyun. I'm late to practice." Chaeyoung spoke and began to stand when Mina stopped her and held gently onto her fractured hand.

"You can't play." She reminded the girl.

"I know but Jeongyeon insists I go for team morale, she even made coach agree to let Momo back in. She's a taskmaster as well, almost makes me glad I'm injured." Chaeyoung spoke as she stood over Mina who was still sat on the piano stall. "I'll call you later." She spoke before leaning down and kissing Mina once more, drawing it out for as long as she could before she really had to leave.

 

***

 

Every practice session that Momo attened made it easier for her to deal with the fact that she couldn't play anymore. She watched and observed and then gve feedback to Jeongyeon and their coach on what she thought they could improve on.

"You're late." She spoke to Chaeyoung as she sat behind the older girl on the bleachers and watched on at the practicing players.

"I was with Mina." Chaeyoung said which caused Momo to turn and face the other girl.

"Really? W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter