Week Three: Part Two

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: some more namo in this chapter and jitzu are still angsty (no thanks to chaeyoung) and maybe the tides are starting to change for momo

i was listening to wings by birdy when i was thinking about namo in this chapter and that song really is namo in this fic in a nutshell.

Week Three: Part Two

If anyone was asked to describe Minatozaki Sana three words would come out: bubbly, outgoing and calm.

Right now, she was none of those things. She was stressed, angry and quiet. Nayeon and Sana had only known each other a few years but they knew each other well. Nayeon knew exactly when Sana wasn't her usaul self and when she slipping down into a not very nice place, which is what she saw happening right now.

The cheerleaders had a big competition in a week and it was their first one without Nayeon; everyone was stressed. She understood what Sana was going through, the constant pressure, it was hard for her just to sit on the sidelines and occasionally pitch ideas but she knew if she rejoined the squad now everyone would be thrown off. She trusted Sana, trusted her to bring home that trophy. The throphy that they so nearly had last year. This was the last competition of the year, and for some of them their last competition for the school.

Winning was important, their school had a history of winning, but Nayeon always had an ethos of: winning isn't important if we hate eachother. To her, success was nothing if she had nobody to share it with. 

"Tzuyu! Joy! How many times have I told you that you need to get from position A to B in three counts? How hard can it be?" Sana yelled, looking down at her clipboard and then back at her squad. Nayeon watched on, saw how the squad feared Sana at this moment. None of them wanted to be the one to mess up and feel her wrath.

"It's impossible for me to get from A to B in three counts." Joy spoke, not angrily but firmly enough to get her point across.

"Well, move faster," Sana approached the squad and gestured for Joy and Tzuyu to move aside, "hold this." She handed her clipboard off to Yerin who took it. "In positions- you two watch." Sana motioned for the music to start and the cheerleaders moved quickly. Sana managed to get from position A to B in time. "It's possible." She spoke, taking her clipboard back from Yerin.

Sana looked at the time and thought it would be best to send the squad home before any real arguments broke out. She was left in the hall with Nayeon. 

"I've never seen you that angry." Nayeon spoke and Sana smiled before sighing and flipping through some of the notes she had made throughout the practice. One thing Nayeon admired about Sana was how serious and thorough she was in her role as head cheerleader, she couldn't have asked for a better replacement.

"I just- everything needs to be perfect and we only have six days left. This means a lot and I want to win." Sana took a seat against the wall and Nayeon followed, taking the clipboard out of Sana's hand and grabbing a blank sheet of paper and drawing something on it.

"It's simple, the routines good but Tzuyu and Joy said they can't get to position B quick enough? All you've got to do is switch those two with Yerin, shift them a little to the left. All three still go to their original position B but if you switch their position A then should get there easily." Nayeon spoke and handed the diagram to Sana who looked over it for a moment.

"I was too harsh today. I'm just so stressed about winning, maybe too much and that even if we do win we won't enjoy it." She spoke and Nayeon just smiled sadly at her.

"You'll be fine, you're a leader and you need to motivate your squad. Remind them what's at stake and how little time you actually have left together. Don't worry about Tzuyu, she'll be back to her best soon." Nayeon finished and Sana sighed, she realised why Tzuyu was off during practice.

"Jihyo. I forgot about that."

"Yeah she'll be okay. She really cared about her though. Are you driving her today?" Nayeon asked and Sana shook her head.

"No, I drove her this morning but she said Elkie was taking her home." Sana spoke and Nayeon thought for a moment.

"Elkie? Soccer Elkie?" Nayeon questioned and Sana nodded.

"Well then, good for her." 

 

***

 

Jihyo wishes she could lie and say seeing Tzuyu and Elkie flirting so obviously over the past few days wasn't hurting her, but it was. She knew she had messed up but how could she fix things if Tzuyu wouldn't even talk to her? 

She had to take the first step, had to try everything she could.

"Chaeoyung!" Jihyo called when she saw the smaller girl walking down the hallway, she ignored her. She followed her as best she could until it seemed she was going to get away. "Son Chaeyoung don't you dare walk away from me." Jihyo called and Chaeyoung stopped suddenly and turned back to the older girl. "Oh my god, what happened to your face?" Jihyo asked when she saw the cuts above Chaeyoung's eyebrow and on her cheek.

"I fell." Chaeyoung lied to her and she knew that Jihyo knew she was lying but Jihyo decided not to question it.

"Have you spoken to Tzuyu? She's ignoring me. I just want to know if she's okay." At this point, Jihyo guessed that Tzuyu had told Chaeyoung what happened between the two of them.

"Yes I've spoken to her and yes she's okay." Chaeyoung voiced simply.

"Then why is she ignoring me?" Jihyo asked and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, Jihyo really wasn't getting it.

"Well Tzuyu was practically in love with you and then you lead her on and broke things off. If I were her I'd be pissed as well." Chaeyoung spoke and Jihyo just looked at her.

"She was what?"

"You didn't know how she felt?" Chaeyoung returned, her face now softening a little.

"If I did, I would have never done that. I didn't mean to lead her on. I've got to find her." Jihyo rushed past Chaeyoung, the younger girl just put her hood up and headed off in the opposite direction of the older girl.

 

***

 

"You lied to me." Tzuyu sighed when she heard Jihyo's voice from behind her as she stood in front of her locker.

"I've never lied to you, Jihyo." She spoke and closed her locker, turning around to face the older girl. She didn't look unhappy to see her but then she certainly didn't look most pleased with her either.

"We both said our deal could only work if no feelings were involved. If I had known about your feelings I never would've gone through with this." Jihyo spoke and Tzuyu rolled her eyes. Jihyo agreeing to the deal wasn't what hurt Tzuyu.

"Why because liking me would be so bad? Is the thought of being in a relationship with me really that awful?" Tzuyu fired at Jihyo who quickly shook her head.

"No because I didn't want you to get hurt!" Jihyo returned as Elkie approached the two and stood by Tzuyu's side.

"Everything okay here?" She asked, only directed at Tzuyu.

"Everything's fine. This is none of your business." Jihyo spoke, only at Elkie who didn't move an inch.

"It's fine," Tzuyu spoke to Elkie and then looked back at Jihyo, "the only time you hurt me was when you ended things between us with no explanantion." Tzuyu spoke and went to leave but Jihyo quickly to a hold of her hand and stopped her.

"Meet me tomorrow, in the theatre room, then we can talk without your guard dog." Jihyo spoke and Elkie just offered her a smug smile in return. Tzuyu nodded and let go of her hand, offering Jihyo a small nod before leaving with the other girl.

 

***

 

Sana hadn't been on a lot of dates, in fact she didn't know much about actually dating, Nayeon once told her that her and Momo date night often entailed watching a movie and eating junk food. That was when Sana first started to think that maybe her and Dahyun were dating. 

If she went by that logic then her and Dahyun had already had a lot of dates. This was their first real date, Dahyun was her girlfriend now and she needed everything to go perfectly. It didn't help that she had the cheerleading competition right around the corner and that stress on her shoulders really put a damper on her mood. She wished she could've planned an extravagant evening for the two of them, but she didn't.

She thought long and hard about what she needed and what made her the most happy and their was only one answer for that, Dahyun. All she needed to do was spend time with her girlfriend and her mood improved, she just wanted to be with her.

That, however, didn't mean she wasn't nervous. In fact she was so nervous that she had been sat outside Dahyun's house for twenty minutes trying to think of the perfect thing to say to the younger girl when she saw her. 

"You've been sat here for a while." Dahyun suddenly getting into her car snapped Sana out of her thoughts.

"I was thinking of what to say to you." Sana looked away, embarrassed at what she was doing.

"You could've just hi." Dahyun laughed and leaned over to kiss Sana before the older girl started the engine. "You look beautiful by the way." She pulled away and took in the cheerleaders appearance, simple yet elegant.

"I'm supposed to be the one swooning you! I asked you on this date." Sana pouted as she set of towards their destination. Dahyun laughed as she reached across to place her hand on Sana's that was resting in her lap as she drove.

"So I'm not allowed to compliment you at all? And so what if I want to swoon you? You are my girlfriend after all." Dahyun spoke and Sana blushed a little before shaking her head.

"You look beatiful as well." Sana spoke and Dahyun scrunched her nose at the compliment.

"So where are you taking me?" She asked and Sana looked at her for a moment before turning her attention back on the road ahead of her.

"I know we've both been under a lot of stress recently and us being official for a short while and the competition coming up is putting a lot of pressure on me so I thought long and hard about what we could do and then I realised all I needed for a happy and successful date was for you to be there." Sana began and Dahyun squeezed her hand. "So I thought we could go for a nice meal, that I'll pay for, and then a romantic walk along the river as the sun goes down. All I want to do is spend an evening with someone who is really special to me." Sana finished and Dahyun leaned across and placed a quick kiss on her girlfriend's cheek.

"A meal and walk along the river sounds ideal." Dahyun spoke and Sana smiled.

"I know it's the most obvious choice is the world but-" Dahyun could feel Sana beginning to ramble so she cut her off.

"Sana, all I wanted to do was be with you. I don't care what we do, as long as I'm with you, it'll be perfect." 

Despite Sana's nerves the meal did go off without a hitch, they both enjoyed their food. Which was expected as Jeongyeon recommended the place to Sana. Like she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter