Week Two: Part One

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: saida in this chapter is somewhat inspired by Really Really by Winner

also this chapter was going to be the start of some jitzu angst but I decided to save that for later and keep having them being soft for now.

Week Two: Part One

The morning after the night before.

Jihyo woke and found that she wasn't alone in bed, as she got her bearings she realsied where she was, still with Tzuyu. In her house. In her bed. She looked across and saw Tzuyu still sleeping so she decided she may as well try and do the curtious thing of leaving, that's what people in the movies always did anyway.

"Are you trying to sneak out?" Jihyo heard Tzuyu speak just as she was about finish getting dressed.

"I thought that's what people did after this. I can stay if you want though?" Jihyo responded, not looking at the younger girl and still standing, now finished getting dressed.

"People only usually sneak off when they regret what they did. Do you regret it?" Tzuyu didn't want to sound too desperate but wanted to try and understand where her and Jihyo stood now. She had to be direct, the older girl was hard to read after all.

"No," Jihyo started, a little too strongly for her liking so took a moment. "I really liked it." That seemed to settle the nerves of both girls. "You don't regret it do you?" Jihyo turned the question back on the younger girl, whose eyes went wide.

"No I'm glad we did it. I'm happy I took Sana's advice and asked you over here." Tzuyu spoke honestly. Jihyo sat back on the bed and waited for Tzuyu to finish speaking before leaning over and placing a quick kiss on her lips which the younger girl quickly reciprocated.

"So should we get some breakfast, there's a small place not too far from here." Jihyo proposed and Tzuyu mulled it over.

"We could cook? My parents will probably kill me if I spent all the money they left for emergencies on food. I know I've got stuff in." Tzuyu rose from laying to sitting, she suddenly felt self-conscious so quickly wrapped the bed sheet that was drapped around her more close.

"I can look away or wait in the living room if you're uncomfortable." Jihyo didn't want Tzuyu to feel insecure or worried about her presence but she'd never been in a situation like this, all her past aul encounters were with someone she was dating, this was testing new waters for both of them.

"No, it's fine. I'm being stupid sorry. It's nothing you didn't see last night. I just don't know what came over me, I can barely look you in the eye this monring." Tzuyu spoke sheepishly, Jihyo moved closer to the taller girl, reached across and grabbed her hand before giving it a squeeze to reassure her that she wasn't being stupid. She released it again and rested it in her own lap, only for Tzuyu to reach across and latch onto her.

"You're not being stupid, this is new for both of us. I'm sure it's normal to feel like this. Look I'll go wait downstairs, you get dressed. Then we'll have breakfast." Jihyo spoke, once again leaning over to kiss Tzuyu before letting go of her hand and making her way out of the room.

Once she was sure Jihyo was out of ear shot, she flopped back onto her bed with a huge grin across of her face. "Park Jihyo, you are making this all so much harder." She thought to herself before sighing and rising from her bed.

 

***

 

Jihyo felt like she was waiting for hours sat in Tzuyu's family kitchen. Observing all around her, she took in all the subtle reminders and tones of their homeland. She knew that Tzuyu and her family left Taiwan for Korea when she was young, her parents got a good job offer that they couldn't refuse and have since built themselves into major players in their field, but she also thought about how hard it must've of been for all three of them to leave the life they had built behind and moved to a country that was so different from their home, Jihyo really had a lot of respect for them, she didn't know if she could ever take that risk herself.

"What are you thinking about?" Tzuyu questioned as she entered the kitchen, it startled Jihyo a little, she really was deep in tohught. She looked up to meet the younger girl's eye, she looked more natural then usaul, she figured it was because she was wearing less make-up then she would to school. She still thought she was beautiful, maybe even more so.

"I was thinking about you." Jihyo didn't mean for it to sound so cheesy but before she had time to cringe at herself she saw the massive grin that appeared on the younger girl's face and every doubt just evacuated from her mind at once.

"Let's cook. I think my parents left some food in the refrigerator so we can heat that and eat." Tzuyu proposed and Jihyo agreed, watching as the taller girl moved throughout her kitchen, once in a while grabbing something off of shelf before she stopped, turned to face Jihyo and looked like she had something on her mind. "You were flirting with me, right? Just before now?" Tzuyu seemed flushed and Jihyo took this as her opportunity to make the girl even more flustered.

"Maybe I was, would it be a problem if I was?" Jihyo questioned and Tzuyu turned back to face away from her.

"It certainly wouldn't." Was all the shorter girl heard before Tzuyu bought a plate over to her and placed it in front of her. The pair sat in a comfortable silence, every once in a while Jihyo would ask a question, she wanted to learn as much about Tzuyu as possible...For the project, of course.

"I was thinking that maybe we could meet on Monday after our practices end to edit what I got from the game and film the first Q&A section for the project." Jihyo proposed as she finished eating, Tzuyu finishing shortly after.

"Sounds good to me, should I meet you in the theatre room?" Tzuyu questioned and Jihyo mulled it over for a minute before thinking of a better idea.

"How about you come to my house, I have everything there anyway so it saves me bringing it to school, I can wait and drive us there." Jihyo concluded and Tzuyu seemed happy enough with the proposition.

 

***

 

Chaeyoung was doing the exact opposite of what Mina had told her to on Friday night. She was overworking herself, taking the exact same shot. Except this time, she wasn't so focused on the result of the game, she was cursing herself for being so careless and kissing Mina. To make it worse she had been ignoring the older girl's messages all weekend, she was mean to have Yuna but she just couldn't face her. So her she was at 12AM on the court near Momo's house taking the shot that lost them the game on Friday because she knew she couldn't face her being the reason her school lost on Friday and why her club team could lose their important game on Wednesday as well.

"You shouldn't be out here so late. It's dangerous. Who does that sound like?" Momo asked as she hopped over the fence onto the court, her landing wasn't perfect and she rolled her ankle a little but it was something she could easily walk off.

"Whoever said that is right, you should go home." Chaeyoung spoke, taking the shot, scoring, and then collecting the ball once more. Momo waited for her to take another before running in and stealing the ball, taking a seat on the floor beneath the hoop.

"The mother of your robot baby is the reason why I'm here. She said you've been ignoring her all weekend, it's not like you to ignore a pretty girl's messages so I figured something was going on and thought I'd check here and I was right. You're beating yourself up about that one shot. It's one game, Chaeyoung. You've got to put it behind you." Momo spoke, now standing and shooting herself, landing her shot perfectly.

"What would your girlfriend think if she heard you calling over girls pretty?" Was the only reply Chaeyoung could muster, Momo rolled her eyes and passed the ball over to the younger girl who took the same shot and scored.

"But that is why you're here right? Nothing else is going on?" Momo didn't care about the game anymore, it was history. Maybe if everything in her private life wasn't so up in the air right now she would care more but no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't bring herself to.

Right now what she cared about was making sure her friend was okay.

"Yeah, well and I did something stupid that night as well and I'm kind of regretting it now. I think I got the wrong signals and jumped the gun a little." Was all Chaeyoung was going to give because honestly after Momo's last warning she didn't exactly want to tell her that she kissed Mina and is now avoiding her because of it.

"Okay well, don't take it out on Mina. She really wants to get a good grade in this and I don't want you ruining it for her." Momo took another shot, score again and passed the ball to Chaeyoung.

"I won't. I'll talk to her tomorrow. I promise, it's not her fault and I was wrong to avoid her this weekend. I wish I could tell you what I did but I'm still just feeling embarrassed about it all honestly." Momo seemed satified with the younger girls answer.

"Good because you don't want to see Mina angry. You better fix this. She looks sweet but she can really go off on you if she wants. One time, when we were younger, a boy stole her crayons so she gave him a nosebleed. Wasn't pretty." Momo mused and Chaeyoung knew she was definetely going to try and talk to Mina tomorrow an fix things, for the sake of their robot baby.

"I will fix things and I promise I will try not to beat myself up too much about the game on Friday and focus on winning on Wednesday." Chaeyoung spoke taking one final shot before passing the ball back to Momo who also took one, landing it perfectly before turning to leave.

"AND DON'T FORGET PRACTICE TOMORROW." Momo yelled as she climbed over the fence and made her way back into the night.

 

***

 

Sunday was always Nayeon's favourite day of the week, it was the one day where she rarely had plans and felt she could just breathe and relax. She had spent all of her Saturday with Momo, trying to help the younger girl not think about her loss and trying to avoid talking about their relationship as much as possible. Both were successful, she thinks. It was calm and peaceful and she hadn't had a lot of time like that recently, especailly with her girlfriend, in fact they hadn't had a lot of time together in anyway recently. Friday was the first time Momo had stayed over in a few weeks and if their friends knew that then people would start to talk, which is exactly what she didn't want.

Which is the exact reason why Nayeon woke with a weird, butterfly like, feeling in her stomach on Monday morning. All peace and comfort has to come to an end at some point and for her that day was today.

She quickly readied herself, but still taking time to take care of her appearance and made her way to her car before getting on the road and heading to Sana's home. Her and the younger girl took turns to drive themseves, and Tzuyu, to and from school; they all lived near each other and had similar schedules so the system was just like clock-work by this point.

"I was going to ask if you had a good weekend but by looking at the glow on your face I can see you did. You and Momo finally took mine and Joy's advice and just banged and got it out of the way?" Sana spoke, before she had even fully finished getting into the car. She was now in and had fasterned her seatbelt.

"I did, I think. We took your adivce, yes." Nayeon spoke simply but Sana knew there was more to tell.

"And? Are you two good now?" Sana wasn't trying to pry but she was tired of her two friends constantly skurting around their true feelings.

"I don't know. Enough about my weekend. How was yours?" Nayeon wanted to change the subject, which didn't go unnoticed by the other girl.

"It was fine. Dahyun and I watched a movie and then on Saturday we hung out some more, did some homework and chilled on Sunday." Sana spoke which caused Nayeon to roll her eyes, either Sana was oblivious or wasn't telling her everything.

"So you spent your whole weekend with Dahyun?" Nayeon questioned as she pulled into Tzuyu's drive and the younger girl climbed in.

"Yeah, Dahyun told me you were together all weekend." It was now Tzuyu's turn to enquire, and she didn't miss a beat from entering to immeditaly questioning the older girl.

"As friends, yes." Sana defened a little too quickly for both girls liking but they decided not to press further.

"And you?" Tzuyu directed at Nayeon. "How was your weekend?" She finished.

"It was okay. I was with Momo." Nayeon answered shortly and Tzuyu just nodded along. "I need advice though. I'm thinking of ending things with her, or calling a break." Nayeon spoke hesistantly. The two other girls in the car shared a look.

"If that's what you think is best. But I thought things were getting better?" Sana was concerned, she didn't want Nayeon to jump into a rash decision she would later regret.

"This weekend was the first real time we've spent together without awkwardness or fighting and I think that just because of all the we went through last week but even last night when we were on the phone it seemed cold and distant again. I don't want hot and cold, I want stability. I love Momo, I really do but I think this would be best for us." Nayeon spoke and Sana reached for Tzuyu's eyes, to see if the younger of the three had any idea what to say to that.

"You need to do what's best for you. You've got to think about how you're feeling and be selfish, if you're not the happiest you could be then you deserve to try and be happier. And who knows some time apart might do you two some good." Tauyu reasoned and Nayeon was glad she was so wise, she wasn't sure she could come to a proper decision by herself.

"I agree with her. If you go on longer like this you're both only going to get more hurt." Sana spoke as they pulled into the school parking lot.

"I hooked up with Jihyo on Friday." Tzuyu spoke suddenly which almost caused Nayeon to hit the car next to her as she was parking. 

"You did what now?" Sana turned to face Tzuyu in the back.

"You told me to take a risk!" Tzuyu returned and Nayeon laughed a little, she did tell her to do that so technically this was Sana's fault.

"I meant like ask her on a date not have with her!" Sana seemed to be more angry than Tzuyu thought she would be and she couldn't understand where it was coming from. All three girls got out of the car.

"Listen, we'll talk more about this later. I've got class." Nayeon spoke as she quickly made her way off into the main building of the school, Sana tried to follow but Tzuyu stopped her.

"Why are you acting like this? I like Jihyo and I don't regret it. I thought you'd be happy for me, I'm putting myself out there." Tzuyu was still confused why her friend reacted the way she did.

"Listen if you can do this then do it. Just be careful, I know form experience with Dahyun that if you have feelings and you're doing this it can get complicated. I just don't want you to get hurt. Don't risk your feelings for someone that might not feel the same." Sana spoke, giving her younger friend a reality check.

"I won't. Don't worry. Jihyo, she isn't like that." Tzuyu was lying, she was scared that Sana was right and if the older girl wasn't so caught up in her own relationship situation with Dahyun, amongst everything else happening, she may have noticed that her friend was lying to her. Sana left Tzuyu alone and made her way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter