Week Four: Part One

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: we're entering the last few chapters of this story now so it'll be about tying up all the loose ends and i promise there's not much angst coming (for the ships anyway)

and finally jitzu are talking and are learning how to communicate

also this story hit 400 subscribers, i know for some authors that isn't a lot but to me it really means a lot so thank you to everyone who is subscribed

 

Week Four: Part One

 

"Oh..That's great, Momo. Really. Listen I should be going." Nayeon spoke, collecting her jacket from the edge of Momo's bed and making her way towards the exit and her car.

"But what about what you said?" Momo spoke as she just about managed to stop Nayeon from closing her car door and drving away.

"Don't worry about. Your parents will be home home, you should tell them your news." Nayeon closed the door of her car and drove away from Momo's house, not looking back once.

Momo waited on the drive for a little while, hoping, praying, that Nayeon's car would reappear. She had no idea why the older girl reacted the way she did. Obviously it was an amazing oppurtunity but that didn't mean she was going to take the offer and even if she did, that didn't mean she didn't want to be with Nayeon.

She wanted to be with Nayeon, properly with her. That was what she wanted the most, to be with the girl she loved again.

To: Nayeon: can we please talk about this? meet me tomorrow. i just want to know why you ran away.

Momo put her phone away and finally decided to go back inside of her house and wait for her parents to get home, her dad was a coach for a professional basketball team and her mother did the finance for the same team, they lived a comfortable life but Momo never got anymore than other kids or players because of it. She had to work hard for everything she wanted.

She sat and waited, Nayeon wasn't coming back, and she had to decide how she wanted to tell her parents she might be travelling to the other side of the world to continue her studies and work towards her career.

"We're home." Momo's dad spoke which startled the basketball player a little whilst she was sat at the table in their kitchen waiting for her parents to enter.

"Everything okay?" Her mother asked, noticing the look on her daughter's face. The girl didn't necessarily look upset but more like she was having an internal conflict.

"I got another scholarship offer." Momo spoke and both of her parents took a seat at the table with her.

"Where is it?" Her father asked and Momo sighed before responding.

"UCON, the one in America." 

"That's wonderful. But why do you look so disappointed?" Momo's dad asked and the basketball player just shrugged.

"What did Nayeon say?" Her mother asked and Momo just sighed again.

"She didn't say anything. I don't want to take the scholarship if it means I can't be with her but I don't want our whole relationship and my career to depend on this one decision." Momo spoke and her parents exchanged a look for a moment.

"Whatever decision you make, whether to go to America or stay here or even go back to Japan, we'll support your." Her father spoke and Momo knew he truly meant it.

She had always had a strong relationship with her parents, they always just wanted for both of their daughters to be happy. When she told them she was dating Nayeon they weren't angry, or disappointed that she was in a relationship with someone of the same gender; they simply just told her that as long as she was happy and Nayeon treated her well then they would support her.

 

***
 

Nayeon barely slept the night before and now she felt like she was struggling to stay focused as she sat and waited for Sana to get in her car.

"Want me to drive?" Sana asked once she spotted how exhausted the older girl looked.

"I'm fine, just didn't get much sleep last night." Nayeon responded, pulling off of the drive and heading towards Tzuyu's house.

"Would this tiredness have anything to do with certain Japanese basketball player?" Sana teased and the sigh that Nayeon let out alerted Sana that her mood was caused by Momo but not in the way she first thought.

"She got a scholarship offer, in America. I went to tell her that I wanted to be with her but then she got the call. I just left, I didn't know what to say." Nayeon spoke and then let the two sit in a comfortable silence, both trying to work out what to say next as they headed for Tzuyu's house.

"Morning." Tzuyu spoke then became silent as she picked up on the atmoshpere in the vehicle.

"Her potentially going to America doesn't mean that you two can't be together." Sana spoke and Nayeon nodded, she knew that but it would certainly make things difficult.

"Is this about Momo? Because Chaeyoung and Dahyun said she told them about it last night and said she was torn up about whether to accept it or not." Tzuyu spoke and Nayeon sighed from in-front of her.

"Yeah I kinda ran out on her last night, she wants to meet today so we can talk but I don't know what to say to her." Nayeon spoke and Sana sent her a reassuring look, she'll know what to do.

"Whatever happens Momo will understand but please communicate about this, it's a big decision, for both of you." Tzuyu spoke and Nayeon nodded, she was glad she and the younger put their differences aside.

"Speaking of decisions, and I know this might seem sudden but...I want to rejoin the squad- if you'll have me of course." Nayeon spoke and suddenly looked shy, that wasn't something the two other girls with her were used to seeing, she wasn't shy, she was nervous. Nervous about whether they'd even want her back or not.

Sana turned to look at Tzuyu for her approval, the younger cheerleader doesn't offer her anything that shows that she's against the idea. If anything she looked a little exicted at the thought of her having her former captain back amongst them.

"It'll be great to have you back," Sana smiled, "I can't explain how much it'll mean to have you with us for the big finals. All of us together, one last time." Sana grabs one of Tzuyu's hands and one of Nayeon's as she speaks.

"And don't worry I don't mind if you just shove me in the back, I'll be happy there and I'm not going to come after your captaincy in fact I'm exicted to be led by you, Sana." Nayeon began and Sana waved her off, she knew the older girl wasn't like that. "One last time, all of us together." Nayeon finished and her fellow cheerleaders smiled as she spoke.

 

***

 

Tzuyu was feeling exicted about the day talking to Nayeon and Sana, that all seemed to drain from her the moment she saw Jihyo stood at her locker, the younger girl approached and opened her own locker, trying not to look too much at the older girl who was placing some books inside the metal cage. 

Tzuyu finally looked other and caught Jihyo's eye, she smiled at the older girl, who just looked away and closed her locker.

"Can we talk?" Tzuyu asked as Jihyo tried to pass her without saying anything.

"Why? Is Elkie busy?" Jihyo returned and Tzuyu just let out a sigh, now closing her own locker ans turned to lean her back against it, hugging her books tightly to her chest and looking down at her cheer skirt for a moment.

"What's your problem with her anyway?" Tzuyu bit back and Jihyo just rolled her eyes and looked away from the younger girl. Did she seriously not know?

"Isn't it obvious, Tzuyu?" Jihyo started and Tzuyu just shook her head which caused her to sigh in frustation. "I went to your house and I was ready to talk, ready fix this. Whatever this is, but all I got was a slap in the face when I found out you were at her house late at night. What did you expect me to think?" Jihyo spoke and Tzuyu sighed, she now realised that this was all a misunderstanding.

"Nothing happened with Elkie and nothing will ever happen because I don't see her that way," Tzuyu began and Jihyo sighed once more, "if anything, now I just want my friend back." Tzuyu finished and Jihyo just looked at her once more.

"We were never friends, Tzuyu. We jumped into something that we shouldn't have and neither of us were ready to deal with the consequences of what we were doing." Jihyo finished and left, leaving Tzuyu stood against her locker just watching the older girl walk away once more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter