Week One: Part Two

The Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: please listen to Flaws by Litany, that's kinda where my inspiration for NaMo came from for this chapter.

Week One. Part Two

"So let me get this straight...You told her you wanted her to loosen up. You went to see her just to get in her pants?" Momo quizzed Chaeyoung after their practice had finished they, along with Jeongyeon, were the last few left.

"Well, no...But that's how it came out. I really wanted to just talk but then I panicked and now at least I know she for sure hates me." The younger girl responded and both older girls laughed at her.

"Mina doesn't hate you, she hates the way she thinks you are. The girl who doesn't care about anything or anyone. If this project is going to work you need to apologise and be reasonable with her." Jeongyeon voiced and Chaeyoung knew she was right, she needed to clear whatever tension her and Mina had, she needed to get a good grade on this and her and Mina working together was the only way that was going to happen.

"If you try anything like that again though, I will personally kill you." Momo spoke, Chaeyoung expected her to react like this, she couldn't blame Momo for being protective of her best friend, she'd be the same if someone tried anything with Tzuyu or Dahyun.

"I better get going I need to see Mina and make sure I make things easier for both of us." Chaeyoung spoke before leaving the two older girls alone. Momo sat back against some of the seats and let out a long sigh.

"Everything okay?" Jeongyeon asked her friend, she noticed she'd been somewhat quieter recently and wanted to make sure that if she was going through something, she wasn't going through it alone.

"Yeah...Well I'm fine. It's Nayeon, Nayeon and me. Our relationship," Momo started, Jeongyeon nodded along, that was her silent signal for the other girl to continue, if she wanted, "I'm...We're not the same. It feels like something changed in our relationship. Like somebody flicked a switch one day and now everything is different." Momo explained and Jeongyeon sort of understood what she was getting at.

"Okay, what changed? How you feel about each other or?" Jeongyeon prompted, trying not to invade too much because after all, although she was friends with both Momo and Nayeon, the ins and outs of their relationship wasn't her business.

"Honestly, I don't know. I know how I feel but I'm not sure if she feels the same anymore." Momo spoke and before Jeongyeon could respond the door swung open and Nayeon entered, making her way over to the basketball players. Jengyeon decided it was best if she left the other two alone.

"I've got to go, I need to be...Not here." Jeongyeon spoke and  quickly grabbed her things and rushed out.

"What's her problem? Why was she so hasty to leave?" Nayeon spoke before she took a seat next to her girlfriend, she tried to ignore the way Momo ever so slightly adjusted her body so she wasn't fully facing her, like the way she was facing Jeongyeon. "Was practice okay? I know you've got a big game this week. You think Sowon will be okay? You said her ankle was giving her trouble again?" Nayeon was trying so hard to make conversation. Recently things had been a little off, awkward even, between them when they were alone, the conversation didn't flow like it used to and it seemed they only really talked when their friends were around.

Sana and Joy told Nayeon the pair just needed to bang it out and be done with it, Nayeon told them both that maybe that wouldn't be the most appropiate course of action right now.

"Yeah hopefully she'll be okay. It's a big game, it'll decide our whole season. If we lose it'll be like we worked for this whole year for nothing." Momo spoke, she looked straight ahead, not daring to face the head cheerleader. Nayeon sighed and was about to speak when she looked over and saw Momo's face was still covered in sweat.

"How long ago did your practice finish? Why are you sweating so much?" Nayeon reached across and placed a hand on the younger girl's forehead. "Momo you're burning up, are you feeling okay?" Nayeon didn't need Momo to actully answer because the girl broke out into a coughing fit followed by a couple of sneezes.

"I'm fine. Honestly." Momo removed the older girl's hand from her head and put it in her lap with hers over the top, the two sat in a comfortable silence before Nayeon broke it.

"Did you drive today? You need to go home and rest, baby." Nayeon spoke sweetly before placing a quick kiss on Momo's temple before she moved to collect the younger girl's things. Momo shook her head, she walked in the heavy rain this morning. Her car was being seviced and Jihyo offered to drive her and Mina to school, Mina accepted but Momo declined, she said she needed the cardio anwyay. She regretted that decision now, a lot.

"I'll drive you home. Let me text Tzuyu and tell her I can't drive her home." Nayeon spoke, as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

To: Tzuyoda: Momo's sick. i can't drive you home tonight.

From: Tzuyoda: Don't worry. tell her I hope she gets better.

"You don't need to do that, I can walk home." Momo tried to reason, even though she knew Nayeon wouldn't back down.

"You've been working yourself into the ground, I'm taking you home and you're going to rest, Tzuyu will be fine." Nayeon almost demanded and if Momo was feeling better she would probably find it really attractive.

Nayeon grabbed Momo's hand and helped the younger girl stand up and guided her out of the building and to her car. "Thank you for doing this." Momo spoke once she was in the car.

"You're my girlfriend, I don't mind taking care of you. As long as you let me." Nayeon finished before reaching across and grabbing Momo's hand as the rain began to come down again. Maybe they could get through this patch.

 

***

 

Tzuyu was fine with walking home, she'd done it plenty of times before and she fully understood why Nayeon needed to take Momo home. The Japanese girl was maybe the most stubborn person she had ever met and she knew that Nayeon would be the only person who could actually get her to rest and properly get better. 

However, what the cheerleader wasn't crazy about was walking home in the rain, which is why she found herself stuck in the school library with no way of getting home. Both of her parents worked high up in a dermatology company so they didn't get home until later in the evening and Tzuyu didn't drive which she now regretted very much. 

The library was too chatty for her liking so she decided to venture to another area of the school which she could hide away in until the rain slowed. Which was how she stumbled across the theatre department, somewhere she had never been before. She snuck into the room, hoping nobody would be in there but she was someone.

It was Jihyo, she was playing something Tzuyu didn't recognise on the piano. She tried to leave the room quietly, knowing the older girl probably wouldn't want her there; unfortunately she couldn't leave without being noticed because as she turned she managed to drop all three books she was holding which caused a loud thud on the floor.

", sorry." Tzuyu spoke quickly before rushing out and making her way down the hallway.

"Tzuyu! Wait!" Jihyo called, which caused her to halt quickly and turn to face the girl, this time she managed to hold onto everything. 

"I wasn't watching you for long I swear. Wow that sounds creepy. Look, Nayeon had to take Momo home and I was going to walk but then it was raining so I went to the library and it was just too loud so I was trying to find somewhere else and I ended up in the theatre room and I saw you playing so I tried to leave but then I dropped everything. Sorry I'll leave." Tzuyu rambled and Jihyo did think it was cute, the tall girl was cute, she wasn't going to deny that but there was always just something that stopped her from talking to the girl, liking the girl...As a friend, of course.

"I was about to leave anyway so you can have the room if you want...Or I could drive you, if you want." Jihyo offered, it was getting late anyway now and she didn't want Tzuyu to have to hang around the school any longer.

"Sure...Okay, thanks. Should I give you money?" Tzuyu asked and Jihyo laughed before turning and walking, shaking her head as she went.

"Are you coming or what?" She turned back to look at the younger girl who almost had to sprint to catch up with Jihyo. "Are you free tomorrow night?" Jihyo asked as they continued to walk through the school and Tzuyu swore she almost choked on the air. "To work on the project, I mean."

"Yes," Tzuyu answered a, maybe being a little too eager. "I mean...Yes, I'm free." Jihyo smiled at the younger girl, she wasn't sure why she was acting like this around her but she wasn't going to complain either.

Tzuyu was definately going to have to tell Sana about this later.

 

***

 

Chaeyoung wasn't typically a nervous person, she didn't get nervous for big games or when she had to go to the prinicpal's office yet again because of some dumb prank that she and Dahyun had conspired had once again gotten out of hand; so she really could't understand why, stood outside Myoui Mina's house, her hands would not stop shaking. She held a rose in one hand and her other was fixed in her pocket, the rose looked tired but the small girl blamed that on the rain that seemed to have been hammering down for the last three days. 

She knocked once again, feeling like the first time she didn't knock hard enough, shaky hands connected with the wooden door and finally she saw some life in the property in front of her. "Can I help you?" A male voice questioned which surprised Chaeyoung, she looked up to be met with a tall man, who somewhat ressembled Mina, he was athletic, a football or rugby player, and Chaeyoung was certainly intimidated.

"I'm here to see Mina, is she in?" Chaeyoung's voice sounded sturdy enough to cause the man to turn into the house and call out.

"Mina, you've got a visitor." He called before brushing past Chaeyoung and climbing into the car on the driveway and taking off. The blonde girl waited for a moment, the door was left open, was that an invitation to enter? She thought against it and looked down at the sad rose in her hand, why di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter