Third

In The Beginning

I retreated into my room, mauling over his words in bed. My brain didn’t wander too deep into his responses though, as I drifted off to sleep. It was the first time since I became an official member of Big Bang that I fell into a deep sleep. It was calming.


The next day, I woke up at 5 am, before anyone else was awake. I was preparing for a light breakfast for the other guys as well.  Perhaps it was because of last night and my good sleep that I was more willing to do it this morning that all the previous mornings.

Not even 10 minutes later, Youngbae hyung got out of his room, his hoodie only halfway through his head.

“Oh Seunghyunnie, you’re awake already? You okay?”

“Yeah, hyung. I slept really well last night so I got up early this morning. Rare, I know.”

“I saw Jiyong watching that drama with you last night.”

I didn’t really give him a verbal response, but a uselessly happy smile broke my previous lethargic expression. Youngbae hyung shook his head offering a small laugh. I suppose the situation was kind of silly. But I suppose out of all of us, Youngbae was the one that understood Jiyong’s stubbornness best. I mean he’s only had to deal with it for the last 5 years.


Soon all the other members were coming out of their rooms. We were all sat down having a quick breakfast. Only the clatter of utensils against dishes could be heard as we all struggled to stay awake.

Jiyong’s voice broke the silence… broke the trance…

“Seunghyun, can you get me a cup of coffee?”

Everyone stopped moving to look at him. We all thought he was talking to Seunghyun hyung, but he was directly looking at me. That and the likelihood of Jiyong ordering Seunghyun hyung was really low considering he was younger than the latter.

“Yes, hyung.”

One coffee, two sugars. That’s how hyung likes his coffee.