Hold Your Hand

Foolish Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Saku-chan! Are you okay? What happens?” Chaeyeon asks worriedly. Chaeyeon keeps turning Sakura from left to right and back again, looking for any injury. The dropping of sweats on her body already ignored as she’s busy scanning Sakura’s body.

“I tripped. Look.” Sakura said with a grin as she shows her two palms to Chaeyeon. There’re some bruises and small cuts on Sakura’s palm. Chaeyeon looked at Sakura’s palms and shifting her eyes back to meet Sakura’s eyes with angry emotion.

“The heck Sakura! You said you were in trouble! I thought you were hurt!” Chaeyeon yelled angrily.

“I am hurt!” Sakura grumbled back while showing her bruised palms at Chaeyeon.

“This is just small cuts, Sakura! You make me worried for nothing!” Chaeyeon snapped back.

“You were worried?” Sakura’s voice turned down after she heard Chaeyeon’s words. Sakura smiles as her eyes set on Chaeyeon.

“Is this funny for you, Sakura? Do you even know what day is this? Seriously. You are being selfish!” Chaeyeon is mad, really mad as she shouted at Sakura.

“What were you thinking?! I’m serious cannot understand you anymore!” Chaeyeon seriously feels frustrated by Sakura’s attitude. Sakura suddenly called her saying that she’s in trouble and Chaeyeon quickly runs to where ever Sakura was on that moment. She was supposed to meet Eunbi for their movie date which they’ve planned since months ago, but always postponed due to their busy schedule and yet, she just can apologize guiltily at Eunbi after telling Eunbi that she cannot make it to their planned date.

“Are you angry, Chae?” Sakura is looking at Chaeyeon with unreadable emotions.

“Then should I be laughing now, Sakura? You just made me crashed an important plan!” Sakura flinches at Chaeyeon’s tone. Chaeyeon ruffles her hair in frustration. Why can’t you act properly, Sakura? This is madness. Chaeyeon is trying her best not to curse in front of the older girl. Chaeyeon immediately feels guilty after seeing Sakura flinched. She’s not supposed to be mad at Sakura, she shouldn’t. She made her own choice. She can just call anyone else to go to Sakura, but she came by herself when she was supposed to be with Eunbi at the moment. Chaeyeon is mad at herself. She might regret her decision later but now, Chaeyeon knows her choice won’t change. She’s mad at herself because she knows where her heart is all this time. Chaeyeon mad at herself because she desperately wanted to turn blind on her own feeling but it’s too hard.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t call you. I’m sorry for ruining your important date.” Sakura said with her head lowered down. Sakura’s hand balled into fists tightly, her eyes are closed tightly as she’s biting her lips, holding herself from crying. The throbbing cuts on her palms were long forgotten as she sees Chaeyeon yelled angrily at her. Chaeyeon was not the one who easily get mad or snaps at people even she’s angry. However, Sakura feels like she crossed the line.

They never feel the loud silence will bother them so much, not until now. Chaeyeon takes a deep breath and tries to calm herself.

“I’m sorry for yelling but I really cannot stand you anymore. You are not Sakura that I know. Please… I’m begging you. Don’t do this anymore.” Chaeyeon’s voice was calm this time. Her voice quavering displaying the desperate tone of her. Chaeyeon thinks to finish her words and leave because she scared that she might yell again if Sakura ever speaks again. Chaeyeon turns her back at Sakura and ready to walk away as Sakura’s voice stops her.

“Chaeyeon… Are you going to walk away from me now? You were angry but why you didn’t ask me why I’m acting like this. Why are you acting like this, Sakura? You should ask! You should yell like that!” Sakura’s voice was cracked. The tears finally took over her.

“You didn’t even want to look at me now? Chaeyeon! You are the one who made me act like this. You promised that you will stay by my side. But now? You are walking away from me! You said you forgave me but why can’t you just forget about it? Am I not worthy for you anymore?” Sakura continues.

Chaeyeon just stood there with Sakura at her back. Chaeyeon didn’t want to turn and look at Sakura. She’s scared that she might do something she’s been holding all this time. Chaeyeon just let Sakura talks.

“Why are you not answering me, Chaeyeon? Why?! If I’m not worth for a chance, then you shouldn’t come here! You shouldn’t say that you were worried! You shouldn’t treat me nicely! One time, you treat me differently, and other time, you broke my heart! All over again!”

Hearing that, Chaeyeon turned and looked at Sakura.

“We are just friend, Sakura. That’s how it matters.” Chaeyeon already lost her sanity. She’s been holding it and she didn’t even care anymore.

“I’m scared, Chaeyeon. Everytime the fans asked about us, they remind me how limited the time for us. I’m scared of the future that holds us, Chae.” Sakura broke the wall she been guarding all this time. She never told Chaeyeon the reason and hurt her instead. They are an idol and it was getting harder to keep the façade with eyes on them all the time.

“Then why are you telling this now, Sakura?” Chaeyeon is completely lost. She was scared and she didn’t think Sakura feels bothered more than her. Sakura has been an idol even before she’s debuted as IZ*ONE.

“I’m still scared, Chae. I’m scared but I don’t want to lose this chance anymore. I thought everything will be fine, but nothing was fine. The future scared me but losing you scared me more. What am I to you now, Chaeyeon? Am I not that important anymore in your life?” Sakura cries harder now that Chaeyeon crying in front of her.

Was time scared them that much? Chaeyeon didn’t want to admit, admit that she’s indeed scared of the time given to them. How is that possible? Chaeyeon has been focusing on her debut, being patient when everything turned wrong, but she didn’t want to give up on her dream. Her dream to debut and taking another rough road in the PD48, Chaeyeon never knows that dream will turn to something else. Chaeyeon gonna deny it but destiny given her a chance, to finally accepting herself, for falling in love with her newly founded bestfriend, Miyawaki Sakura. Chaeyeon took the chance and it took her millions of words which s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter