Think

Waiting In The Clouds

Baekhyun munchies away happily at his lunch for the first time, he was finally eating in the cafeteria,not the bathroom stall! His eyes turn into crescents every time Jongdae shares a funny story about himself.

 

‘So when they described the fabric as bright orange I was like yah! That’s ing red!’ Jongdae exclaims once again, Minseok and Baekhyun wheeze at how animated his story is, clutching at their stomachs to take a breath from laughing so hard.

 

After his successful storytelling they go back to eating their lunch and making small talk, Baekhyun finds out that Jongdae is the heir of Chenel, the world known luxury handbag brand. He has walked past the shoppes at Gangnam once and noticed how the bags seemed to worth more than his very existence, as the workers carefully put on their gloves to display the bags under the spotlight at the window. Jongdae is planning to takeover the brand, which is why he is majoring in fashion at the best academy in the nation.

 

On the other hand, Minseok is the heir of Xiuvuitton, a likewise popular luxury brand recognised internationally. He spent his childhood following his parents to fashion weeks and hardly made any proper friends until he stumbled upon Jongdae at a Milan fashion event a few years ago. Their commonality sparked off their friendship which lasts till today.

 

After hearing both their stories Baekhyun grew more and more insecure because he has no story to share! He panicked and tried to think of something that could maybe make him sound cool? But no he had none of that. He guessed that they picked up on it and didn’t ask him much about his life and he was grateful for that, he didn’t want to add more fuel to the fact that the whole school acknowledges him as Park Chanyeol’s maid.

 

————

 

Chanyeol observes Baekhyun sitting across the cafeteria, he notices that it’s the boy’s first time eating at the cafeteria. And on top of that, he’s laughing with two other boys, eyes shining particularly at the funny yet dashing Kim Jongdae.

 

Something starts to burn within Chanyeol’s veins, the very scene before him somehow seems to irk him and frustrate him. Baekhyun was supposed to be his person, his housekeeper, the one who served him breakfast, the one who works only for him. However the girl bouncing on his lap shows otherwise, her hands annoyingly wrap around Chanyeol’s waist, trying to get closer and more intimate with said man. Chanyeol brushes her away and continued eyeing the trio…. he doesn’t know how he’s feeling. Is this jealousy? Or does he just loathe Baekhyun to the core?

 

A sudden image shoots up his head, of him petting Baekhyun’s head and bringing him close. He shakes off the thought quickly, he assumes it’s a figment of his imagination but it seemed so real. Deep down in his heart he knows that he desires to pet Byun’s fluffy head even more.

 

————————

 

Baekhyun hums as he and Minjun were in the kitchen preparing dinner for the day. Minjun’s eyes glowed as he saw the bag of potatoes being pulled out from the grocery bag, and enthusiastically nodded his head to help.

 

Baekhyun wrapped a head scarf over Minjun’s head as he vigorously washed the potatoes, getting water onto his clothing.

 

‘Hyung! I’m washing potato!’

 

‘Good job junnie!’

 

Baekhyun smiled at how Minjun’s chubby hands were now soaked in water, it wasn’t really washing, but he gives a thumbs up for encouragement.

 

They were preparing curry today, a comfort food dish that they all enjoy. Baekhyun skillfully slices different types of seafood into small chunks, and carrots and potatoes into the shape of stars. According to the kindergarten, he should be starting to train Minjun on eating vegetables (....and maybe Chanyeol too), he figures carrots and potatoes are good to start with.

 

‘Minjun! That’s not chocolate, don’t eat that!’ Baekhyun quickly stops Minjun as he was about to put a block of curry into his mouth. The brown block replicated a piece of chocolate very much, Minjun’s face turns to disappointment at the realisation, so Baekhyun gives him a slice of apple instead.

 

Finally Baekhyun adds in all the ingredients into the curry, stirring the pot until it becomes a rich and velvety Japanese-style curry sauce, filled to the brim with fresh seafood, carrots and potatoes. Minjun notices Baekhyun stirring the pot, and reaches out for the ladle.

 

‘Eh? You also want to try doing it, Minjun?’ Baekhyun asks. Minjun nods aggressively, prompting Baekhyun to lift him up. Baekhyun carries him and they stir the pot of curry together.

 

‘And one more stir, it’s done! Time to serve~’ Baekhyun puts down Minjun before scooping the sauce onto three plates, next to a fluffy bed of rice.

 

He walks to the dining room and puts on a bib for a Minjun before walking over to Chanyeol’s room. He gently knocks on his door,

 

‘Chanyeol-sshi, dinner is ready.’ Baekhyun says and quickly walks back to the dining area. He still felt a little awkward around Chanyeol since their last incident.

 

Fortunately, they have a peaceful dinner filled with Minjun’s giggles, as usual the cooking was fabulous. Chanyeol does not make any snide or nasty remarks today, for he could literally eat this everyday.

 

Then again he remembers that Baekhyun has been in his residence for almost three months now, and that thought makes him sour as he hates being proven wrong. His friends are also expecting him to make it happen sooner or later. He had to get him out of his house soon, for his reputation and image.

 

Think, Chanyeol, think. He thought hard and wrinkled his forehead. But he could not point out any flaw in Baekhyun. He groaned, it used to be much easier back then - he could complain about his housekeepers being too old, too ugly, and torment them till they’re at wits end. But baekhyun was different….. he was not old, or ugly (and the Chairwoman knew that very very well), and no matter how much he tormented him he was still so strong. He wanted to find a flaw in baekhyun, he needed to. But the boy is making is so difficult for him, sitting across him with the most beautiful smile, and add a cute baby smiling back at him. Add a halo onto his head - he’s literally flawless.

 

Chanyeol knows very well that he still messes up his room, throws his things everywhere, creates ridiculous punishments for baekhyun - but Baekhyun has never once complained about it in Chanyeol’s face, or to his grandmother.  That’s something very difficult to wrap around his head, for every house keeper he had ran to his relatives crying and begging to quit.

 

What should I do with you, Baekhyun?