Irresistible Desire

Waiting In The Clouds

“Hey, Chanyeol, what’s up with you lately? You seem distracted,” Sehun waves his hands over Chanyeol’s field of vision, but Chanyeol doesn’t notice it and just brushes Sehun’s hands away, going back to looking at his target. 

 

Sehun turns around, and chuckles once he sees where Chanyeol was staring at. Byun Baekhyun. Sehun knew something was fishy on the day of the college festival, but now he had added all the pieces together, there has to be only one explanation for this.

 

“You’re in love with Byun Baekhyun, aren’t you?” Sehun drops the truth bomb, and that finally gets Chanyeol’s attention. Sehun’s statement also draws the attention of their other friends sitting at the table, Chanyeol immediately hits Sehun on the head, embarrassed by his sudden statement.

 

“Oh Sehun, it’s not like that! And can you not say these things out loud?!” Chanyeol complains as Sehun just shrugs.

 

“If it’s not true, why did you have to tell Sehun to shut up?” Kris joined in, and soon he was thrown with many more questions.

 

“What did he do that made your heart flutter?”

 

“Did you guys kiss?”

 

“Enough!” Chanyeol silenced the table, while staring at Baekhyun’s direction worriedly. His friends were so loud and obvious, Baekhyun would soon realize something was up.

 

“It’s just that we have become close friends recently, and with him moving back into my apartment we’ve been talking more and I realised that maybe...he’s not so bad after all?” Chanyeol slowly explained, fiddling with his fingers. The group of friends listened intently, acting like they were really understanding about Chanyeol’s situation. 

 

But Chanyeol was too naive, as they became a boisterous loud bunch once again.

 

“Kris, I’ll bet my maserati that Chanyeol is actually in love with Baekhyun.” Sehun says proudly, showing off his car keys to his friend.

 

Money is thrown here and there, the four friends shoving money into each other’s pockets, fighting over who is right and who is wrong.

 

“Did you see how Chanyeol played with his fingers? That’s how he responds when he is in love with someone! I’ve seen it before.”

 

“No! Didn’t you see Chanyeol’s eyes? It’s clear that he’s unsure about his feelings! They could just be friends!”

 

Chanyeol placed a hand over his head, his friends are giving him a headache already with their debates. But he can’t argue with them, ever since he broke up with Seo Hyun, people are debating on who will be his next girlfriend. There were rumors that it was a popular girl from the science faculty, and another about a girl from his group project, so it must be surprising that now Baekhyun has become one of the candidates as well.

 

“Chanyeol, there will be a University camp held next week, you should make some memories with Baekhyun since it will be an overnight camp. I’ll speak with the organizers to put you two in the same group!” Sehun says excitedly, dashing out of the cafeteria to go talk to the camp organizers. Chanyeol was about to stop Sehun, but Sehun runs really, really fast, and Chanyeol realizes that there’s no going back now. Not when Sehun is admandmant about winning the bet, and somewhere in his heart it may be to help Chanyeol as a friend.

 

“Hey, but if you really date Baekhyun I think it would be cool. He seems like a chill guy, just misunderstood from the beginning.” Kris comments as he slurps his ramen, nodding his head in approval.

 

“Yeah! I heard he has a really adorable little brother too, I want to meet him!”

 

Chanyeol chuckles at his friend’s comments, it gives him confidence that he might really want to date Baekhyun now. Chanyeol turns his head, looking at Baekhyun chatting happily with his classmates as he eats with his classmates. Chanyeol smiles, imagining eating with Baekhyun, only the two of them, in a romantic setting. It’s not like they don’t eat together at home, but it’s just awkward to have that when Minjun is around. 

 

Yes, he might just want that. Chanyeol really, really wants that.

-

“Welcome to the annual University camp! As part of the college’s festival period we have a multi-faculty initiative so every group will have students from every faculty!” The student head cheered, trying to get the camp participants excited. 

 

Baekhyun cheered, this was the kind of University experience he had been waiting for. A three day two night camp filled with fun and making new friends, but what surprised him the most, was that Chanyeol ended up being in the same group as him. What a coincidence! But being away for camp for the next three days meant that he had to leave Minjun to the chairwoman and secretary Kim. Minjun was visibly upset when Baekhyun said goodbye to him at the door, secretary Kim having to hold back the toddler who was on the verge of tears. But Baekhyun brushed that thought away, Minjun will have to learn to be away from his hyung someday.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol, aren’t you excited?” Baekhyun nudged the bored student next to him. Chanyeol seemed disinterested in the briefing, he wanted to go straight to the activities and spend time with Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, um, yeah. Just feeling a little sleepy right now.”

-

“Alright guys! So the first game we will be playing is two-legged tie! Pick a partner and we will be competing with an opposing team!”

 

Chanyeol quickly searched around for Baekhyun, his face immediately darkening when he sees another guy already tying his leg together with Baekhyun’s for the race. , he was too late. Chanyeol clenched his fists, as he sees the guy blush while speaking too Baekhyun.

 

off! He’s mine! Chanyeol shot daggers in his direction, ignoring the numerous girls coming up to him to be his partner. Chanyeol ends up partnering some random girl from the group, sighing as the race is about to start.

 

“Ready, set, go!” 

 

Chanyeol and the girl do the two-legged race slowly. One is busy blushing because she’s hip to hip with Chanyeol, the other ...overwhelmed with jealousy that he couldn’t focus on the race. Chanyeol could feel his blood boiling as Baekhyun and the other student do the race diligently, with the guy putting his hand on Baekhyun’s waist as they near the finishing line. Chanyeol growls, he is never ever letting Baekhyun slip away from his sight again.

-

Chanyeol’s luck arrives towards nighttime, when the two are teamed up for the Haunted House mystery segment.

 

“Chanyeol, Baekhyun, you guys are up next!”

 

Chanyeol stands up, excited to finally be teamed up with Baekhyun for something. Chanyeol stands up confidently, and Baekhyun goes up to stand next to him.

 

“Ready, set, go!”

 

“Come on Baek, let’s go!” Chanyeol walks into the haunted house casually, Baekhyun following up behind him.

 

“It’s so dark in here…” Baekhyun whines, feeling a little scared. He tells himself that this is just a haunted house designed by university students, there’s nothing to be scared about-

 

“AHHH!” Baekhyun jumps, a student dressed as a ghost popped up, screaming at his face. Baekhyun immediately runs for Chanyeol, who acted as if he didn’t just see a ghost.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, I’m scared!” Baekhyun shouts, hands unconsciously going to Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol blushes at their contact, thank god the room was dark so that he could hide the redness of his cheeks.

 

“Baekhyun, these are just props. Don’t worry I’ll protect you.” Chanyeol walks in front of Baekhyun, but Baekhyun still felt afraid, he places his hand wrapped around Chanyeol’s, at least there is something he can hold onto now.

 

Chanyeol continues walking through the haunted house, trying to hide his smile. Byun Baekhyun is holding his ing hand, crying out for him because he’s afraid of ghosts. It isn’t exactly the most desirable scenario in Chanyeol’s mind, but he’ll gladly accept it.

 

“AHH! DON’T COME NEAR ME!” Baekhyun shouts once again, when another student pops out from a box, dressed as an evil clown. Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol out of fear, placing his head against Chanyeol’s chest as he shivers. 

 

Chanyeol stiffens at the sudden contact, but his hand immediately goes to Baekhyun’s back, rubbing it soothingly.

 

“Come on Baekhyun, we’re close to the exit!” Chanyeol holds Baekhyun’s hand, the smaller hesitating a little but he follows Chanyeol anyways. 

 

A few more jump scares down the maze, Baekhyun immediately rushes over to Chanyeol for comfort. Chanyeol doesn’t judge him at all, he anticipates it whenever Baekhyun screams and hid his face in his chest. Pretty cute, he must admit. Who knew that Baekhyun actually had fears himself, even though he has always acted so courageously in front of Minjun?

 

“Baekhyun, open your eyes. We’re out now.” Chanyeol says softly, laughing a little when he sees Baekhyun slowly open his tightly squeezed eyes.

 

“Oh, phew. That was scary.” Baekhyun blushes, now being fully aware of what he had done. Baekhyun remembers continuously seeking Chanyeol for protection, hiding his face against Chanyeol’s broad chest. Though he was a screaming mess, Baekhyun felt safe and there was a calamity as he hugged Chanyeol tightly throughout the haunted house maze. Baekhyun liked it.

 

Baekhyun’s face began to redden. What is he feeling? He doesn’t really know.

-

“That concludes the end of Day one! Everyone, you will be sleeping in rooms for 2. So the pairings are ….” 

 

Chanyeol was placing his hands in a prayer gesture now. Please be Baekhyun, please be Baekhyun.

 

“Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol shot up from where he was squatting, almost doing a fist pump until he realizes he shouldn’t look too excited. Scratching his back instead, he grabs his bags and walks along with Baekhyun to their assigned room. 

 

“Hehehe...doesn’t this feel like being at your house, except that Minjun is not around?” Baekhyun comments as they make themselves comfortable in their shared room. It wasn’t big like Chanyeol’s, but at least there’s a comfortable and big mattress on the floor that would easily fit the both of them.

 

“Let’s go to bed early, the hiking event is tomorrow morning.” Baekhyun groaned, pulling out his clean clothes and heading for the shower. Once Baekhyun is not in his sight, Chanyeol does the fistpump that he had been holding in. Yes, Yes, Yes! He will be sleeping in the same room as Baekhyun tonight, he must thank Sehun once the camp is over.

-

The two of them go to sleep that night, bodies feeling sore from the day’s activities, but hearts full of love and excitement. Chanyeol notices that Baekhyun had fallen asleep first, and he turns his head to face Baekhyun as the smaller made puppy noises in his sleep.

 

As Chanyeol drifts off, he can’t help but think of Baekhyun’s cheerful and adorable face. Everything’s just perfect, and Chanyeol can’t wait to make things more perfect when he truly decides to pursue Baekhyun.

-

Baekhyun wakes up the next morning, feeling energized and lovely since he had a good sleep. Baekhyun’s brain is still a little fuzzy, as he tries to remember where he is. 

 

Baekhyun feels a person’s arms wrapped around his waist, while his head was snuggling against a very hard pillow…

 

But wait. That’s not a pillow. That’s…

 

Baekhyun forces his eyes to open a little more, and his eyes widen in surprise once he realises that all along he had been lying on Chanyeol’s chest. Baekhyun blushed a deep red at their close proximity, they were looking exactly like how a married couple would look when they slept. Baekhyun tries to shift away discreetly, but Chanyeol’s grip on him is tight, Chanyeol's hands wrapped tightly around his waist. This was not what Baekhyun imagined would happen, he clearly remembered that they slept at least a metre apart last night.

 

Baekhyun gave up and stayed in the same position, with his head still resting on Chanyeol’s chest. Baekhyun inhaled the scent, feeling peaceful at the comforting smell of the fresh covers which complements Chanyeol’s fruity scent very well.

 

“Baekhyun-ah….” Chanyeol moans in his sleep, causing the serenity to end abruptly, with Baekhyun flushing  even more. Chanyeol was his name in his sleep...what on earth? What is happening?

 

It doesn’t get any better as Baekhyun hears someone playing with their door lock, and Sehun’s head pops in at the door.

 

“Chanyeol, wake up- OHMYGOD WHAT IS HAPPENING” Sehun screams, but quickly covers his mouth so as to not disturb the sleeping Chanyeol. From Sehun’s point of view it looked like Chanyeol and Baekhyun were hugging while asleep, hands intertwined like a couple. 

 

“It’s not what it looks like-” Baekhyun tried to say but Sehun quickly snapped a cheeky photo and ran away like a happy child. He was totally going to show this to Chanyeol once he’s awake.

 

I liked the feeling of being with Chanyeol, but oh god, this is embarrassing! Baekhyun plopped his head back onto the pillow, hoping that Sehun wouldn’t tell anyone. If not, then he really wished this was a dream!