The Meeting

Waiting In The Clouds

Meanwhile in another part of Seoul we have Park Chanyeol, Son to the CEO of Park Corporations and Co. His Grandmother is the head of South Korea’s most prestigious University, every student’s dream was to enter Seoul Academy. The Parks had an incredible influence on the country, they owned factories, shopping malls, farms and even had their own stock market. Their wealth was constantly in a multiplier effect, a never ending pool of new money.

 

This led Park Chanyeol to be a spoilt, arrogant and cold-hearted man. Despite his irresistible charm, he could make women and men cry with his ill-intentioned words.

 

Therefore when his Grandmother informs him about a certain Byun moving in, he gives his typical over-sarcastic response.

 

‘I can’t wait to meet this Baekhyun that you talk about, Grandmother!’

 

And I will make you suffer

 

—————————————

 

Baekhyun was busy packing their belongings for the big move. They lived in a dangerous neighbourhood where crimes were rampant and very far from central Seoul. He was glad that Minjun and himself were finally out of this place.

 

While Minjun’s eyes were glued to the tv, Baekhyun continued packing in delight. No more bills and no more stress!

 

For the first time in Baekhyun’s life, everything seemed right. Could his years of suffering finally be over?

 

————————————-

Baekhyun carried Minjun in one arm and their small luggage in another. They didn’t have much, with a majority of the belongings being Minjun’s baby necessities.

 

They stood in front of Park Chanyeol’s 10,000 square feet, three-storey penthouse, in awe of how huge and well designed the interior is. As Mr Kim gave them a house tour, they were led to a game room, private theatre, an infinity pool and a massive party room which was well fitted for over a hundred people.

 

‘And this is your room,’ Mr Kim continued, fiddling with the keys.

 

As the doors opened, the brothers were amazed at how stunning the room is. It is definitely bigger than their one room apartment, and the cream-coloured queen-sized bed will easily fit the two siblings. Every edge of this room screamed rich, they used the best wallpaper, best bedding, the softest pillows. They even equipped the room with many items for Minjun, things that Baekhyun had always found too expensive to afford.

 

Minjun, upon seeing a corner filled with toys and books, immediately ran over excitedly, rummaging aggressively to play with every toy.

 

‘Ti-ger! Bun-ny!’ Minjun squealed, listing all the animals that he could identify in the picture books.

 

‘Mr Kim, please let the Chairwoman know how grateful I am for inviting us here. I will work hard and fulfill my responsibilities!’

 

Mr Kim turned away, picked up his handkerchief and wiped his non-existent tear. Baekhyun stood there awkwardly, waiting for Mr Kim to finish his tear-wiping session.

 

‘Forgive me. The nobility of your statement has moved me to tears. I will make sure to let the Chairwoman acknowledge that.’

 

While Minjun was distracted with playing, Mr Kim and Baekhyun went to the living room to go through some of the fundamentals in the Park household.

 

‘I must go now, there are school affairs waiting for me. You will most likely see Mr Park tonight, make sure to go through all the basics I taught you.’ Mr Kim glanced at his watch, packing up his briefcase.

 

Just then, the main door unlocked, revealing a young man with his hair up, dressed in a fitting blouse and ripped jeans, with the latest Rolex watch on his wrist.

 

‘Ah, looks like Mr Park is already here. Try and get to know each other.’ After Mr Kim made the brief introduction, he left for the academy.

 

Baekhyun was literally shaking. Seeing Chanyeol was like meeting his new boss, Baekhyun felt utterly useless in his presence. Was Chanyeol going to hate him? Ignore him? Bully him?

 

He couldn’t think straight. His nervousness was getting to him.

 

Chanyeol took a quick glance at Baekhyun. He looked small and fragile. This is going to be an easy challenge, Chanyeol thought.

 

‘I’m Park Chanyeol.’ Chanyeol blurted out. He was not intending to be friendly with Baekhyun at all.

 

‘I’m B-byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you-u.’ Baekhyun stuttered.

 

Ha, the weakling is already a stuttering mess. Chanyeol concurs that he can get this boy out of his house within a month.

 

Chanyeol suddenly pulled him closer, with a fistful of his uniform in his iron grip. Baekhyun tried to loosen his hold, his precious uniform did not deserve this!

 

Listen here, I don’t care what your name is, but I know you were hired by my Grandmother. Don’t you dare tamper with my life or I’ll make you suffer more than I have already intended to. Your life will be a living hell so if your weak  can’t take it you better quit now.’

 

Chanyeol tightened his grip on Baekhyun’s collar, then releasing it harshly and causing Baekhyun to fall to the floor.

 

Baekhyun groaned in pain, but stood up quickly. His mind was still trying to process the fact that Chanyeol became a completely different person the moment Mr Kim left for the door. But he could not give up so easily, he had to try.

 

‘I understand, M-Mr Park. My job here is to ke-eep the house in one piece, I will try my best.’ Baekhyun tried his best not to stutter, but anyone under Chanyeol’s domineering presence would fail miserably.

 

‘Hmph. We’ll see about that.’ Chanyeol sneered before kicking off his shoes in random directions and turning away to the opposite direction.

 

This man had already proved his intention to kick the two siblings out of his home, no matter how good Baekhyun will be at his job, his fate will lie in Chanyeol’s hands.

 

Baekhyun ran over to gather Chanyeol’s shoes. He sulked, his heart was heavy.

 

Not so lucky after all, huh?

 

-

poor Baekhyun!! Don’t worry it will be a happy ending though, my heart can’t take sad stuff hahah