Winning Streak

Waiting In The Clouds

“WHAT? Why didn’t the chairwoman tell me?” Baekhyun whines, suddenly feeling that his oversized sweater and shorts were inappropriate. 

 

“D-Don’t worry, they’re nice people.” Chanyeol tried to calm Baekhyun down.

 

“I don’t trust you! You’re stuttering!” Baekhyun huffed, stopping in his tracks.

 

“N-No! I swear they’re nice!”

 

It was true that Chanyeol’s parents were nice people. Mr and Mrs Park were not ones to discriminate those below them, and indeed, they were huge social butterflies as they loved talking to new people. The only problem that Chanyeol had with his parents was that they could be overly-nice at times, with their jokes often unfunny and resulting in an awkward atmosphere. His parents always tell people not to take their jokes too seriously, but sometimes, it’s still hard to laugh it off. Chanyeol remembers the horrors of introducing Seo Hyun to his parents back then, his parents made all sorts of stupid jokes that made Chanyeol feel so embarrassed, but luckily for him Seo Hyun was unfazed, having seen his parents often at galas and events.

 

“Chanyeol! My son!”

 

Before they could even turn away, Chanyeol’s mother comes running out to squish her son’s cheeks, not forgetting to tiptoe and place a big fat kiss on his nose. Chanyeol whines at the affection, though his hands make their way to hug his mom tightly on the waist.

 

“Chanyeol-ah! You’ve grown again! When was the last time I saw you? January? February? Mom missed you so much!”

 

Mrs Park smiles at her son, who returns the favor, and completely ignoring the two siblings next to him. It was only after she pulled away from the hug that she noticed the two boys’ presence.

 

“Who do we have here?”

 

“Mom, this is Baekhyun and this little guy is -”

 

“Chanyeol! Did I become a grandmother? Is this little guy my grandson? You knocked up this poor kid didn’t you!” Mrs Park gasped dramatically, covering with her hands as she observed the sleeping Minjun closely. Chanyeol’s eyes immediately widened at his mother’s words, oh how badly he wanted her to shut up.

 

“Urgh! Mom!” Chanyeol whined.

 

“Mrs Park...I am a boy.” Baekhyun pales, slightly intimidated by the woman. Baekhyun’s pupils were shaking at the woman who looked like the definition of ‘lady boss’, her attire fleshed out her dominance and authority, though the words that came out of was equivalent to that of a teenage high school girl.

 

“I’m just kidding, welcome to our resort Baekhyun and Minjun, I’m Chanyeol’s mother. I’ve heard so much about you two.” Mrs Park reached her hand out to shake Baekhyun’s, which Baekhyun gratefully accepted.

 

They made their way into the restaurant, and from there Baekhyun is introduced to Chanyeol’s dad as well. The old man made Baekhyun cower in fear for a bit, but as soon as Mr Park broke out into a smile, all that tension was washed away.

 

The Parks were a very lively bunch, which made dinner go by really smoothly. Apart from one or two inappropriate jokes by Chanyeol’s parents, and a little nagging from the chairwoman, Baekhyun generally enjoyed the company and the food. Baekhyun admired how Chanyeol’s parents could seem so professional when talking about their businesses, yet so lively when discussing their personal lives. No wonder they were so successful, their social skills were amazing.

 

Chanyeol notices Baekhyun trying to balance Minjun on one arm and struggling to eat with the other, the pasta was barely hanging onto his fork. Chanyeol nudges Baekhyun to pass Minjun over to him, so that Baekhyun could eat in peace. Baekhyun willingly obliged and carefully transferred the sleeping toddler into Chanyeol’s arms. It was so natural that the two college students completely forgot about the other adults staring at them.

 

“Aww, what a beautiful family of three.” 

 

Mrs Park broke the silence first, causing Baekhyun to choke on his pasta. Baekhyun immediately let go of his fork, hitting at his chest and face turning red both in pain and embarrassment. Chanyeol uses his free hand to pat Baekhyun on the back, while a waiter rushes to get Baekhyun a glass of water.

 

“Mom! I told you to stop doing that!” Chanyeol whined, face also heating up from embarrassment. Though he must admit, it would be cute to play family with Baekhyun, he could kind of imagine a future with the smaller. 

 

“Sorry son, it’s just...I’ve never imagined you holding a baby! Now I want a grandson.” Mr Park hummed, giggling away with his wife.

 

“Chanyeol is actually really good with kids, Mrs Park, he plays with Minjun all the time.” Baekhyun added, having recovered from his choking scare and giving the Parks a gentle smile

 

“Son, don’t call me Mrs Park, call me mom! ”

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol’s mother with wide eyes. Did she just ask him to call her Mom? His cheeks flushed and heated up, knowing clearly that this was how people would usually call their husband’s parents. Everything was happening way too fast, Chanyeol’s parents might even ask him to marry Chanyeol at this point. Having watched many korean dramas and romance novels, he had imagined Chanyeol’s parents to be the type to ask someone like him to stay away from their son and proceed to splash a glass of water on his face. To his surprise, he got along well with them, and even had Mrs Park calling him son in their first meeting.

 

“W-What?” Baekhyun stuttered, while Chanyeol’s hand immediately went to his forehead, shaking his head in embarrassment.

 

This is why we only meet once every few months...Mom, Dad, you guys are so embarrassing!

 

-

After a bit more chit chat, Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to leave and put Minjun to bed while they tried out their private pool. Baekhyun bowed to all the elders, thanking them for their hospitality before exiting the restaurant along with Chanyeol.

 

“There’s something different about Chanyeol, isn’t there?” Mrs Park questioned as she looked at the two getting into the buggy and back into the resort.

 

“Yeah, he seems more...nice? Like a gentleman?” Mr Park replied, a big grin on his face.

 

“Yes! Back when he was dating Seo Hyun he was not like this at all!”

 

“And Baekhyun is so cute, he’s totally the kind of son-in-law that I want. I want to bring him shopping, his little pout and cheeks...gah!” Mrs Park squealed, while the chairwoman simply shook her head.

 

“Yeon Mi, enough, let the kids be.” The chairwoman nagged, though she too couldn’t help but look at the young ones fondly with a smile on her face. They all silently agreed that Baekhyun did change Chanyeol for the better, and they definitely preferred this version of him.

 

-

 

“Baek, I promise I won’t laugh.”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were currently splashing around in the pool after putting Minjun to bed. Chanyeol was only wearing his swim shorts, displaying his toned muscles and abs that he had worked hard to build. 

 

On the flip side, Baekhyun wore a shirt together with his swim shorts, having paled in comparison when Chanyeol casually took off his shirt to swim. Baekhyun glared at his tummy, or nutella abs as he calls it, it never goes away. No matter how much exercise Baekhyun did, he was still skinny, only being more rounded at his hip area. In the eyes of others, Baekhyun’s skinny figure only accentuated his feminine figure, that was probably one of the reasons why he was vulnerable to teasing too.

 

“No, I don’t want to take my shirt off!” Baekhyun whined, he was not ready to be humiliated in front of Park Chanyeol, especially when he is shirtless and giving him the most charming grin.

 

“Pleaseee…” Chanyeol pleaded, and he proceeds to tug at Baekhyun’s shirt while the smaller was distracted. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in surprise as he immediately pulled his shirt back up, and proceeded to splash water at Chanyeol’s face.

 

“Yah! Park Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol reddened as he saw Baekhyun’s exposed milky white skin, looking so smooth like a baby’s bottom. What kind of products does he use? Chanyeol couldn’t even think straight, even after Baekhyun quickly pulled his shirt back up with his quick reflexes, that little glimpse of what is underneath his shirt continued to flash before his eyes. 

 

-

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun moved over to the jacuzzi, having played in the pool for long enough. They lay their head on the headrest, while the water jets were bubbling away underneath, soothing their tired bodies. 

 

“Hey Baekhyun,”

 

“What, ert?” Baekhyun still pretended to be grumpy over the incident previously, warning Chanyeol that he will report it to his grandmother as ual harassment. Though by doing that Baekhyun might be being too much of a hypocrite, because he had pinched Chanyeol’s muscles while they were playing as well.

 

“Let’s play a game, the winner gets to make the loser do something.”

 

“I’m in. What game do you want to play, Mr Park?” Baekhyun’s ears perked up at the thought of a game, he was secretly competitive.

 

“Me and you, under the water. The last to breathe wins.”

 

“Ok!” Baekhyun removed his head from the headrest, and proceeded to face Chanyeol’s direction. Chanyeol too got into position, his heart tingling with excitement, if only Baekhyun knew, he was a pro at this game. Nobody has ever defeated him before.

 

“One, two, three, go!”

 

They both dunk their head into the water, an impressive silence for the next twenty seconds. Chanyeol was taking this challenge very easily, but another ten seconds in, Baekhyun could already feel his ears turning red, and his arms fidgeting a little in endurance. 

 

“Ah! I can’t take this anymore!” 

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath once he removed his head from the water, heaving to get air into his system. Chanyeol soon followed after, and flashes his victory grin having won the game. 

 

“Chanyeol! You cheated didn’t you? How could you stay in the water for that long?” Baekhyun complained, splashing the jacuzzi water at Chanyeol’s face, once again donning another adorable yet slightly angry pout on his face.

 

“Nope, I won fair and square. Now, come here, you owe me one.” Baekhyun shifts closer to Chanyeol, expecting a flick on his forehead since that’s the most common punishment, followed by a flick on his wrist. Baekhyun even pushed his hair away from his forehead, prepared for Chanyeol to do it.

 

“Don’t hit me too hard, or I’ll tell your grandma about this!” Baekhyun warned, not wanting his skin to be red and blotchy the next morning.

 

Chanyeol was confused for a second, before laughing as he soon realized what Baekhyun was doing. Chanyeol placed his palms on Baekhyun’s squishy cheeks, he was so, so innocent.

 

“Baekhyunnie, you are so innocent. I’m not going to do that.” Chanyeol chuckled, looking at Baekhyun with affection and lust in his eyes.

 

“Huh? Then what?” Baekhyun blinks up at the taller, momentarily puzzled. His cheeks were still between Chanyeol’s palms, and that puppy like stare from Baekhyun just made Chanyeol like him even more.

 

“This.”

 

Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face and leaned in. Their lips touched, fitting like two perfect puzzle pieces. With the close proximity of their bodies, and their faces brushing against each other, Chanyeol could finally smell how sweet Baekhyun is, it was like sleeping on a strawberry field with the sun hitting down perfectly on your skin. Though there was also an aroma of fresh and warm duvets on a winter’s night, the clean cotton that reminds Chanyeol of home. Even after being drenched in pool water, Baekhyun was still able to have such a rich and sugary fragrance, and it only made Chanyeol crave for more.

 

Perhaps it’s just like in the movies, for Chanyeol feels so ignited and electrified, it just feels so right.

 

But what he didn’t account for, was how Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock.