Oh, Mother

Waiting In The Clouds

Chanyeol pulls away, and chuckles when he sees Baekhyun’s stunned face. Baekhyun’s eyes grew a few sizes bigger, and he blinked a few times before processing what really happened.

 

“Y-You-!” 

 

Baekhyun pointed accusingly at Chanyeol, while his other hand went up to his lips, his fingers brushing gently at the area of contact. Chanyeol sticks out his tongue and begins to walk away, but Baekhyun grabs him quickly until they are facing each other again.

 

“How could you just kiss me and walk away?” Baekhyun crossed his arms and pouted, causing Chanyeol to smirk.

 

“Then...what do you want?”

 

“I want...more...kisses…” Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers, feet kicking around in the water as he replies shyly. Chanyeol smiles and follows the smaller’s wishes, leaning in once more to give him a nice fat kiss.

 

This time, without the shock and surprise, Baekhyun could properly enjoy it. As their lips touched, Baekhyun grabbed onto Chanyeol’s waist and jumps onto Chanyeol, clinging to him like a koala. Chanyeol flinches in surprise, but secures Baekhyun tightly in his grip, with no intention of letting go. They kiss, and kiss, and kiss till their feet turned wrinkly from the water, but their hearts so full of love.

 

-

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol lay on their shared king sized bed to get ready for bed, Chanyeol wore his usual pyjamas while Baekhyun was wearing one of the hotel’s bathrobes. It was purely an accident that Baekhyun forgot to pack his pyjamas, but Chanyeol found Baekhyun so incredibly y, dressed in a sheer white thin robe with the resort logo printed on it. 

 

“Baek, come closer.” Chanyeol whispers, Baekhyun turns around and giggles when he sees Chanyeol looking at him. Usually they would sleep on the bed, but with a pillow in the middle to set their boundaries. After so much kissing, it seems a little silly and a little too late to do that.

 

“Why?”

 

“I want to hug you.” 

 

Baekhyun willingly obliged and scooted over to Chanyeol’s part of the bed, and is immediately engulfed in a bone crushing hug. Baekhyun’s head was positioned at Chanyeol’s chest, with Chanyeol’s arms wrapped protectively around Baekhyun’s hips. Baekhyun smiled at how close they were, and proceeded to snuggle further, his own arms too hugging Chanyeol’s figure.

 

“Hey, Baek.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Does this mean we are together now? Like together together?”

 

Baekhyun pretended to think for a while. 

 

“Hmm let me think...but it seems quite unfair, I’m so perfect and you’re...”

 

“Hey! You did not just say that!” Chanyeol tackles Baekhyun, pinching his cheeks at how adorable he is. Baekhyun whines, and tells Chanyeol to let go.

 

“Okay Okay! Let’s be together!” Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol’s hands away with a giggle, grabbing on to his now sore cheeks. Chanyeol had some really strong fingers and it really did hurt a little, though that was not enough to keep Baekhyun’s smile at bay. He can now call Chanyeol his boyfriend, and his only.

 

-

 

“Baek! How was your trip?” Jongdae placed his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder, wanting to hear some juicy gossip from him. Baekhyun blushed the moment Jongdae asked him about it, lips curving into a cheeky smile.

 

“It was fun…” Baekhyun mumbled, his cheeks started to turn a shade of deep red, tapping his foot shyly against the wooden tile.

 

“And…?” Jongdae’s eyes turned wider, leaning closer to the blushing boy.

 

“I’m...um, datingChanyeol.”

 

“I knew it!” Jongdae does a fistpump, while Minseok just sighs at his best friend being overly excited. Baekhyun too chuckled at Jongdae’s antics, shaking his head as his best friend decides to embarrass him further.

 

“Baek, congrats.” Minseok chips in, and Baekhyun shyly smiles and gives a grateful nod. Something was weird about him these days, he couldn’t stop smiling. Ever since the trip, Baekhyun has lost count of how many times he had smiled and blushed in a day. 

Sometimes when Baekhyun was busy trying to sort out all the laundry, a pair of arms would unexpectedly go to his waist, wrapping him tightly in a hug. The natural response that Baekhyun would always give was to squeal, then turn around to cup Chanyeol’s cheeks to give him a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Oh, how’s your brother taking it? If I remember correctly, he’s obsessed with you.” Jongdae adds, and that prompts Baekhyun to let out a big huff.

 

“Minjun was so upset, I think it’s his first heartbreak. It’s also hard to tell a toddler the difference between brotherly love and romantic love.” Baekhyun chuckles, recalling the very interesting incident that happened at home.

 

The intimate and discrete actions don’t go unnoticed by Minjun, who used to be Baekhyun’s centre of attention. Slowly, Minjun notices how Mr. Tall Guy would hold his hyung’s hand under the dinner table, how they would laugh and smile together whenever they were picking him up from preschool. Minjun might just be a toddler, but these two lovesick college kids were being way too obvious without even realising it themselves. 

 

Maybe that’s why Minjun is always shooting daggers at Chanyeol during dinner time these days, the thought of Chanyeol taking away his hyung was scary, especially when he only has his hyung to depend on. 

 

“Minjun...that’s enough. That’s not very nice.” Baekhyun scolded, shocked that Minjun was throwing the napkin offered by Chanyeol for the third time and proceeded to glare at the taller with angry eyes.

 

“No! Bad man! Meanie!” 

 

Minjun yelped, fidgeting when Chanyeol attempted to put the bib around his neck. The two youngsters were confused, Minjun isn’t usually very fussy, but the toddler is putting up a tantrum today, and they both didn’t know why.

 

“Minjun, hyung warned you already. You’re not allowed to call people that. I’m going to put you in your naughty chair, because you are naughty.” Baekhyun reprimanded, pulling the toddler out of his seat and into their room, he grabs Minjun’s stool and forces him to sit down. The toddler cries and squirms, but Baekhyun endures it.

 

“Minjun, you have to sit here for two minutes and think about what you did. Hyung will be back, okay?” 

 

Baekhyun leaves the room, and little Minjun soon bursts into tears. What did he do wrong? His Baekhyun hyung is being taken away by the big bad meanie Chanyeol, he had been a good boy and read his books in hopes of getting his hyung’s attention, but these days, even these efforts were not recognized. So what else could little Minjun do, other than causing a scene?

 

-

“Two minutes are up, Minjun are you-” Baekhyun walks in, but soon notices the big fat teardrops rolling down Minjun’s chubby cheeks. Baekhyun goes closer in hurried footsteps, kneeling to face his younger brother in the eyes.

 

“Minjun, what’s wrong? Do you know why hyung put you on the naughty chair?” Baekhyun wipes the tears off the toddler’s cheeks, but more tears and snot continued to flow, to the point whereby Baekhyun’s hands were beginning to become wet. Chanyeol notices the commotion as well, and stops at the door to avoid intruding.

 

“M-Minjun was scared, Chanyweol take hyung away from me…” The toddler looks down in both guilt and sadness, and Baekhyun realises what’s going on. A competition for attention between Chanyeol and Minjun.

 

“H-Hyung not there when I sleep, wake up...always with Chanyweol…” 

 

“No no no, Minjun-ah, hyung loves you so much, you know that right?” Baekhyun panics seeing his brother look so deflated, tears were pricking his eyes at how he had failed as a brother, he had failed to notice his brother’s dejectedness. It almost seemed selfish that he had agreed to date Chanyeol, not considering where Minjun would fall under in this whole situation.

 

“Minjun-ah, your hyung is right. He loves you so so so much.” Chanyeol walks in, sitting next to Baekhyun. He couldn’t help but join in, he couldn’t take it anymore, seeing Baekhyun look so broken. Baekhyun just barely hit his twenties, with so much burden on his shoulders, is it really his fault if he couldn’t be the perfect caregiver for Minjun? He literally had a parenting experience thrown at him, unexpectedly.

 

“W-Wreally?”

 

“Yes, your Baekhyun hyung always remembers to buy your favourite cereal, always cooks the food that you like, protects you when you are scared of cats.” Chanyeol ruffles the toddler’s head, Minjun slowly remembers all the times he had depended on his Baekhyun hyung, especially when the neighbourhood cats follow him whenever they’re walking to the bus stop.

 

“Cats...scwary…”

 

“Everybody needs to be protected, right? Your Baekhyun hyung protects you, but nobody protects him, so I’m going to protect him from now on. That’s what love is, Minjunnie, do you get it?” Baekhyun looks over to Chanyeol who’s trying to explain it to the toddler. The toddler scrunches up his nose, deep in thought, before nodding his head.

 

“Chanyweol protect hyung…” Minjun points to Chanyeol, who gives him an affirmative nod.

 

“Chanyweol hyung...Minjun is sworry! Not a meanie…” Minjun rushes forward with his small little legs, tears in his eyes as he reaches the taller for a hug. Chanyeol opens his arms readily, cooing at how cute the toddler is, despite all the mucus and tears that is definitely going to stain his shirt.

 

“H-Hyung, Minjun will be a good boy, I’m sworry” 

 

Baekhyun smiles as the toddler proceeds to position himself on his lap, grabbing onto Baekhyun’s shirt for forgiveness.

 

“Hyung loves Minjunnie the most, I will never ever replace Minjunnie.”

 

That’s how ‘Baekhyun time’ was added into Minjun’s daily routine, Baekhyun will spend an hour every night reading bedtime stories to the toddler, making sure that he had really fallen asleep before leaving to do other things. So far, it’s been working pretty well.

 

Jongdae chuckled, pitying Minjun that he now has to share his lovely hyung with someone else. They were now all seated in the cafeteria, just listening to each other’s stories during the holiday.

 

“Hey Baek, there’s a VVIP event at Chenel this weekend, it’s really exclusive and you have been chosen as one of the staff for the event. Don’t miss it.” 

 

“Ohmygod, really? I thought that only the senior staff could take part!” Baekhyun gasped, it was going to be such a good opportunity to meet world-class designers and elites at Chenel’s flagship store. As a fashion major, Baekhyun is definitely going to learn a lot about the industry.

 

“I’m going with my parents to the event, I’ll see how good of a staff you are, Baek!” Minseok adds, making Baekhyun red with embarrassment. His friends have never come to his workplace before, it’s making him pretty damn nervous.

 

“Thank you Jongdae, Minseok! I hope that I don’t disappoint”

 

-

 

“This is from our latest collection, a caviar-skin leather bag that comes in black and pink. It comes with a gold chain and you can use it as a shoulder bag.” Baekhyun pulls out the expensive leather bag out from it’s box, gloves reaching out to unwrap the paper to show it to the guest. 

 

“Is this limited edition?”

 

“Yes, there are only 500 pieces in Korea. It is hand stitched one-by-one to give it that unique finishing.” Baekhyun adds, earning a satisfied nod from the customer.

 

“You are a really informative young man, I’ll get it.” The lady smiles at Baekhyun, returning the bag into its box.

 

“Thank you so much ma’am, I’ll get it wrapped right away.” Baekhyun does a ninety degree bow, before grabbing some ribbons to wrap the box nicely.

 

“I’m the CEO of Harmes, if you’re interested in joining us, you’re most welcome.” The lady slips her business card, which Baekhyun accepted gratefully. The lady walks out of the store with a satisfied grin, her secretary holding on to the paper bag containing the very limited edition Chenel bag. Baekhyun smiles as he sends her off, she wasn’t the first guest to give him their business cards. He had a stack of it in his pocket. 

 

Jongdae runs over to his best friend, shocked at the amount of business cards that he had received.

 

“Baek! You’re our best worker here, please don’t betray me and work for them instead!” Jongdae whines in the middle of the store, Baekhyun has to shush him like a little kid to avoid disturbing the guests.

 

“Shh! They’re staring at you, do you want to embarrass your parents? Also, I took them because it would be rude to not take it.”

 

Another guest soon arrives, and Baekhyun gets ready to welcome yet another VVIP into the store.

 

“Welcome to Chenel, I will be your-”

 

The woman gasps, but quickly retains her composure, ignoring the male bowing to him.

 

“You again?” 

 

“M-Mom?”

 

“Hey, I told you not to call me that anymore!” The woman scolds him in a hushed tone.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Mrs Byun.”