Chapter 21

He's My Protector 2 (book2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so sorry to interrupt you both" the nurse peaks her head around the door making the two of us sit up on the bed." That's ok, we were just trying to take in all this information that we got from the doctor" I tell her as Chanyeol climbs off the bed. "I just wanted to bring in this hospital gown that you will need to change into before surgery. Also I just need to check your blood pressure and body temperature just to make sure all is ok before surgery tomorrow" she wheels in her little machine as I roll up my sleeve so she can put the blood pressure cuff around my arm. "Chanyeol can you head home and get some stuff for me like pyjamas for tonight and a few things like underwear" Chanyeol leans over and kisses me making the nurse laugh. "Sorry for laughing but your blood pressure just shot up. Maybe I can check it once your husband says his goodbyes". She winks and leaves the room making me blush like hell. "I see after all these years I can still raise your blood pressure hmmm" he kisses me again before grabbing his jacket. "That's not the only thing you can make rise Mr Park" I back making him wink at me before he leaves.

"Is it safe?" I hear a voice from outside making me laugh as the nurse pops back in. "Yes I'm sorry about that" I blush as she tries again to get a blood pressure reading. "Hey don't be I think it's lovely how close you both are" she smiles as I lay my head back and let her do her thing. "Ok Mr Park...." " Please call me Baekhyun," I tell her as I look up and see her worried look. "Baekhyun your blood pressure is a little high. That could just be your nervousness. Lunch will be served in about an hour or so I will get you some water and get the blood pressure to drop a little ok" I watch with worry even more now till she sits on my bed beside me. "Baekhyun everything will be fine. The surgery is the best one to get and after it once all is ok you can go home and sleep in your own bed" she cups my hand as I begin to panic " Wait I can go home after? Crap, I better call my husband and tell him not to bring me clothes knowing he will bring nearly everything in my wardrobe" I reach for my phone as we both laugh. "I will leave you to it then I will be back soon to check your blood pressure again and please try to relax Baekhyun" she smiles and leaves the room as I send a message to Chanyeol.

Baby I don't need a lot of clothes as the nurse just said. So I will just need some pj and clothes to go home in.

Are you not staying in the 3 days, my world ?

No baby I can go home a few hours after the surgery once all is ok

Ok my world that is even better news. I'll just grab a bit for tonight then and i'll see you shortly

See you soon, drive safe

I will my world, see you soon

I close my phone and lay back just taking everything in what the doctor told us. This was all the reason why we couldn't have any more kids but Tae. I wonder if Chanyeol will want more kids after all this. Is the gap too big now seeing as though Tae is 10 already. Would he like a little sister or brother, do I want to have anymore myself?". I guess we all need to think of this as a family.

"Hi Baekhyun just me again" the nurse pops back in wheeling another small trolley with little tube like bottles and a water bottle for me. "I just need to take some blood and get it all checked so the doctor knows nothing else is going on apart from the one thing you're here for. Here is some water for you to take also" she moves close to me as I get my arm ready. "I hate needles" I tell her as she smiles " oh we all do but i'm the best so you won't really feel it" she ties the band around my arm pulling it tight as I lay my head back as she wipes an area of my arm. I wait for the little prick and there is nothing so I lift my head feeling her remove the band from around my arm as I see her smiling '' see told you you wouldn't feel it. She changes the bottle and then pulls out the needle by putting a cotton swab on my arm and bending it . "Wow you are good at this" I say to her still in shock that I didn't feel it. "Nurse, can you maybe bring me some paper and maybe an envelope. I want to write a few letters ''I watch as she smiles and places a plaster over my arm where the cotton ball is. "Yes of course I do need to put a line in your arm for surgery but I can come back later and do that as it can be a little uncomfortable at first especially if you're wanting to write" She removes her gloves and washes her hands before leaving with the blood bottles in a bag.

I sit up as she comes back handing me some really nice paper and some envelopes and leaves just as quick. I pull the little table over my bed and begin to write...

My darling Chanyeol,

I stop and think of the right words to say as the words just start to flow and I begin to write more.

1 hour and a half passes

"Baekhyun, can I put that line in your arm now?" the nurse pops back in as I put the last letter in it's envelope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter