Chapter VI

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon was studying when she received a text from Jiu.

KMJ: Yoohyeonnie :<

Yoohyeon smiled to herself knowing these kind of gestures of Jiu.

KYH: Yes? Is the bunny bored? 👀

Since that weekend, Jiu never stopped contacting Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon even reaccepted Jiu's requests on her social media accounts. It's been 2 weeks and Jiu was consistent. Yoohyeon didn't bother since Jiu was her best friend. Their friendship is what's more important now. And she believed she had move on already ever since Siyeon came.

KMJ: Hmmm :(( Can I call you then?

KYH: Right now? I'm studying missy 😛

KMJ: Video! I promise I won't bother youuu~ I'll just watch you 😞😞 Pleaseee puppyyyy~

KYH: Fine, go on then. 

Not even a second passed and her phone already started ringing.

"You miss me that much, huh?"

"Nah, just bored." Jiu teased.

"Oh, fine then. Bye Minji~" Yoohyeon pretended to drop the video call.

"Andwae~ Yah!"

Yoohyeon could only laugh because Jiu was pouting. Cute. 

"Eodiseo? You aren't at home?" By home, Yoohyeon meant her old neighborhood.

"I'll be staying with Handong until semester finishes. My home's too far."

Yoohyeon nodded and then proceeded to study again. Jiu did as what she promised. She didn't bother the younger girl and just watched her. She found herself smiling at how Yoohyeon focuses so hard on her books, her eyes slightly squinting and her nose scrunched.

Yoohyeon made sure not to ignore Jiu though. She would glance at her phone and sees Jiu smiling. She would smile back and would make a sign on her hands. Yoohyeon's actually somehow afraid, that she's being close with Jiu again. She still has a lot of things kept to herself, it's as if they were back to what they used to be but she isn't as open as before. Maybe because Jiu is her first love. Or Maybe because she'd built a barrier again because of what happened to Siyeon. But Jiu is her friend. Her best friend, and that's a different case. She was her first love, but that was over. Or so she thought.

"Just 30 more minutes Minji-ah. Mianhae~" Yoohyeon snapped herself out of her deep thought. She'd glanced to Jiu and saw the older girl's heavy eyes.

"Kwaenchana~ Take your time puppy."

Those 30 minutes passed quickly and soon Yoohyeon was finished. She fixed her table and proceeded to lie on her bed.

"Aren't you sleepy? It's already 10 pm." Yoohyeon asked as she saw Jiu rubbing her tired eyes.

"I am. But I still want to talk to you."

I'm being unfair. Yoohyeon thought. Jiu seemed to forget what Yoohyeon did back then. It was like as long as they're in good terms again, Jiu didn't bother to remember how Yoohyeon had left her. Jiu had forgiven her but Yoohyeon still can't forgive herself. She felt bad for having doubts of restoring this friendship while Jiu seems unbothered. But what has she got to say back then? They were all telling me that I should've let her explain.

"You should rest, bunny. It's Wednesday tomorrow and you have classes, right? Don't worry, I'll still be picking you up."

Ever since that weekend, Jiu had insisted on picking Yoohyeon up. Jiu said it's not something new, "Just like what I used to do." She even asked help for Dami to help her convince Yoohyeon. Of course, Yoohyeon gave in. A week after, Yoohyeon did the same and picks Jiu up whenever she's free too.

"Sing me to sleep?" Jiu asked with a soft voice, blinking to the screen.

"Don't watch me then. Close your eyes already." Jiu nodded and soon had her eyes closed.

nuneul tteuji malgo nal bwayo
haru jongil nae gyeoteman itge haejulge
kkaeneun sungan sarajyeobeoril
naneun neoye nuneul baraboneun ge dain geol

nega eomneun shigan sogeseo
nan tteonabeorigo shipeo
ijeobeorin gieok sogeman
namainneunde

Lullaby oneureun gaji ma
i noraereul bulleojulge
achimi balgawado gyeote isseojweo (Everyday)
i jarieseo maeil gidaryeotjiman
naeildo geureol jashini naneun eomneun georyo

While Yoohyeon was singing, it was her turn to watch Jiu. The girl looks so beautiful even if she's almost asleep. The calm look, Yoohyeon felt good whenever she sees Jiu being at ease, especially now, sleeping with a smile on her face. This made her realize how empty she was after leaving Jiu. Dami was there but Jiu had become her pillar. And not having her for those 2 years was hard for Yoohyeon. Might sound dumb but Yoohyeon had somehow always depend on Jiu. Siyeon came, but it was as if she needs so much effort to make the girl stay. And with Jiu, it was all effortless. As if, she doesn't need to try hard to please the older girl. Jiu would stay, no matter what. 

Yoohyeon smiled sadly at the sight in front of her. She was indeed unfair. Soon, she saw Jiu's steady breathing, and the phone dropping from Jiu's hands.

"Good night, my bunny. Sleep tight. Puppy loves you."

Yoohyeon thought of having a proper  talk with Jiu. They wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter