Chapter XIV

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon hugged her knees tighter as she tried to muffle her sobs. It never felt so cold until now. It was as if the loneliness she'd been feeling had been bottled up that it consumes her.


"Yoohyeon, let go." Minji's voice was cold.

"Minji! Please!" Yoohyeon held on tightly but Jiu removed it.

"I'm tired, Yoohyeon. Everything is ruined now. You're too scared to even just say you love me. I need someone who can fight for me."


She remembered how she didn't even dare to look at her parents before they leave for their trip. She even had her earphones plugged and just waved her hand without even looking up. Yoohyeon thought she got used to them always leaving. But they never came back. She realized how much everything still hurts.


"Minji, Please! Don't leave. Please, I'm sorry. I'm trying. I don't want to be alone again." Yoohyeon tried to reach for Jiu's hands but the older girl stepped back.

"Sorry's and still you can't say it. You don't want us to leave? You don't want me to leave? You don't want to be alone again? But I can't even feel if I'm really important? Do you even love me?"


The dream felt so real and she'd never been so scared. The nightmares won't stop and she doesn't even know how to tell Jiu about it.


Yoohyeon can't move. She can't even shout. All she can do is watch as Jiu walks away, with anger in her eyes.

She look around only to see her friends, even Sua, looking at her with disappointment. She couldn't see Dami anywhere. She opens but she can't speak. Slowly, she felt her chest tightening as if her lungs were losing oxygen.

"I shouldn't have trusted you again." Yoohyeon can't believe her ears. "You don't deserve me." That's all she heard, over and over again, as she loses conciousness.


"Yoohyeon? Yooh, baby. Where are you?"

"M-minji..." Yoohyeon called, her voice cracking. Maybe Jiu noticed the loss of presence beside her on her bed.

"I'm here..." There she is curled up at the corner of her room.

The lights and it hurt Yoohyeon's eyes more. Her eyes already felt hot because of the continuous crying.

She felt arms around her and soon she felt herself crying again. Jiu's embrace felt like home.

"You were having a nightmare."

Yoohyeon hugged Jiu tight, her tears wetting the other girl's shirt.

"Hey, baby. It's fine. It's just a nightmare. It's just a dream." It's just a dream.

"M-Minji... I love you..." Yoohyeon knows it, she's sure. She could feel the older girl's hug tightened around her.

"Minji, I love you. I really do."

"I love you too Yoohyeon. I love you."

They stayed like that for a while until Jiu felt that Yoohyeon has calmed down. She pulled away from the hug, cupping the younger girl's cheek. She leaned forward to give a short kiss to Yoohyeon.

"Come on, let's get you to bed. It's 2 am baby."

Jiu patted the space beside her and her eyes shot open when she saw no one. She's sure she's with Yoohyeon but the girl was nowhere to be seen.

She looked around Yoohyeon's apartment but still no sign of Yoohyeon. Nothing but a sticky note on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter