Chapter X

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am surprised you're free." a woman sat in front of Jiu, smirking.

The statement made Jiu look up from her book. She rolled her eyes at the person who was, as usual, late.

"You're late Miss Kim Bora."

"I don't have to be early for you Miss Jiu." Sua then raised her hand, signalling a waiter on their table.

After giving their orders, Jiu decided to set down her book and give her focus to her friend.

"Do you want me to remind you how your will to be friends with me made you arrive early in class?" It was Sua's turn to roll her eyes, making Jiu laugh.

"You're so annoying."

"Just say you miss me and go."

"I don't want another jealous Yoohyeon so no."

The orders have arrived so Sua decided to focus on their food first. When she realized she got no response, she looked up at her friend. Jiu was fumbling at her phone, smiling rather sadly.

"Still no progress?" Jiu shook her head.

Sua then reached for Jiu's hand, holding it tight. She might be someone who loves to annoy Jiu, but her soft and special spot for the girl never changed.

"Come on, princess. Don't worry too much. I'm sure everything would be fine soon." Hearing the nickname, Jiu finally gave her a genuine smile.

"That's it. That's my princess. Smile, alright?"

Sua then released her hand and and gestured on their food. They ate as they converse and update each other.

"So how's that crush of yours?"

"Singnie?" The topic made Sua smiled widely.

Jiu nodded, drinking her juice. Realizing the nickname, she almost spat out the beverage, her eyes wide.

"What? 'Singnie'?"

"Yep. Singnie. Siyeon's nickname."

How could she not notice? Remembering Yoohyeon's description of her ex, it fits with how Sua used to describe Siyeon.

"She finally asked me out! Uh I mean we've been seeing each other for a while but not really official so finally, Jiu!" Sua looked so happy and Jiu can't just ruin it but she had to ask.

"Bora, are you sure about that Siyeon?"

"What's with the sudden question? You were so supportive about her." Sua was still smiling, obviously oblivious.

"I am. I'm just making sure that she won't hurt you. You don't deserve that." Jiu was serious.

"Hey, why are you being so serious suddenly? She won't hurt me, Jiu. Don't worry."

"Sure."

KMJ: Yooh baby? Are you home?

Minutes passed and Jiu got not response. She can't stay still knowing she had to confirm things. If she's right, this Siyeon that Sua likes is Yoohyeon's ex and she wouldn't want anyone hurting her friends.

KMJ: Yoohyeonnn
KMJ: Are you busy? Can I comeee? I need to ask you something.

It's almost an hour and still no response from the girl. Even her dms weren't left read.

KMJ: Yoohyeon, where are you? Why aren't you replying? :(((
KMJ: I'm worried, please. At least tell me where you are.

Still, no response. She decided to ask Dami but the girl was not sure.

KMJ: Dami-ah, are you with Yoohyeon? She wasn't answering my texts and dms. I need to talk to her. I'm getting worried.
LYB: Yoohyeon? I haven't talked to her today. I'll ask Dongie.
KMJ: Thank you, hun. Ily.
LYB: Don't worry, Ji. Ily too.

And of course, Dami wasn't pleased with what she discovered. Dongie had told her about Yoohyeon's plan on going to Gahyeon's party though she wasn't really sure where the girl is right now. The party's supposed to be at 6 in the evening and there's still 4 hours to go.

"Why did you let her? You know she's gonna see Siyeon there! And she'll be alone, Dong-ah. You should've stopped her, damn!" Dami was near to getting mad. She can't let Yoohyeon see Siyeon.

"It's Gahyeon's birthday, Binnie. She missed the girl. Yoohyeon just want to come and show up and I told her that she can go early if she wants to. Gahyeon is her friend too. She's there for Gahyeon and not for Siyeon."

"Fine, but why didn't you tell me sooner?" Dami's not calming down and Handong felt a little guilty.

"She asked me not to tell you because she knows you won't let her. And I said sure but if you asked me then I'll tell you. She knows I can't lie to you."

Dami looked at Handong who had her head hung low. She sat beside the girl, regretting for raising her voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout." Dami pulled her girlfriend into a hug.

"I'm sorry too. I just can't say no to her. I know she knows what she's doing, Yoobin."

"I know, I know. I just can't help it. She's like a sister and surely my parents treat her like their daughter too. You know she has no one but my family and us, her friends." Dami's voice softer and calmer.

After a year of ignoring Jiu, Yoohyeon have decided to meet her again. She just doesn't know how with Siyeon getting moody everytime she hears Jiu's name. She already had things planned but then something unexpected came. Yoohyeon's parents, who were on a trip, suffered an accident and didn't make it. Things were a mess and with her entering college, she had a lot of things to fix, cancelling most of her plans.

It was a hard year for her. She was alone. She had no siblings and her relatives were too far. She couldn't meet Dami and Handong all the time. Though she had Siyeon, the girl did changed when they entered college. She usually kept things to herself even though it hurts and tires her already.

"Don't worry, love. Yoohyeon will be fine. She knows what she's doing, hmm? And now that Jiu's here with her, I believe things will get better for them." Handong kissed Dami's temple, reassuring her.

"Unnie! You came!"

Gahyeon greeted her with the sweetest smile and Yoohyeon can't help but to feel a little bit relieved.

"Of course, I will. Sorry I was a little late though. Happy birthday Gahyeonnie!" She hugged the girl before giving a small present she knew Gahyeon would love.

"It's fineee, unnie. And thank you!"

"Yoohyeon?" She heard that voice.

Yoohyeon took a deep breath before turning to where the voice was coming from.

"You're here." The girl was surprised, and was smiling.

"Hello, Siyeon." She gave her a small smile.

"Yoohyeon unnie, sorry I have to leave you for a while." Gahyeon left and Yoohyeon wanted to go home already.

She wanted to hug the girl, but at the same time she feels uncomfortable standing beside her. She misses Siyeon, but that's just that. And it frustrates her because she doesn't understand what she really want and what she really feel.

"Yoohyeon..." Siyeon had touched her arm. "I missed you." The girl continued.

Yoohyeon flinched on the touch. She had thought of what she would do when this day comes. If Siyeon asks her for another chance, she had thought that she would feel very happy, to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter