Chapter XV

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doorbell rang and Jiu hesitated for a moment if she'll open the door. It's past 8 pm and Yoohyeon isn't still home. Like what if some stranger's by the door. But then her phone beeped not only once but twice.

LYB 
She's coming home.
Good luck!

Good luck? For what? She didn't know. Jiu decided to check the door when the doorbell won't stop ringing. She peeped on the peephole and saw Yoohyeon carrying plastc bags and a helmet in one arm while her other arm's behind her back.

She opened the door confused and Yoohyeon greeted her with a nervous smile.

"Uh, hi? Pizza for the bunny?" Yoohyeon almost stuttered but she kept her cool. Jiu wasn't speaking and was just looking at her.

"Uhm, would you want to help me?" Yoohyeon asked.

Jiu pulled the plastic bags from Yoohyeon and quickly went back in. She did not dare to look back. Yoohyeon's acting as if she wasn't gone for the whole day. She wanted to get mad but of course Jiu never gets mad at Yoohyeon. Sighing, she placed the food on the table and started preparing the food.

Yoohyeon placed the helmet on her couch and took a deep breath before following Jiu in the kitchen. Jiu was busy preparing the food that she didn't notice her presence. She knew she made the girl worried but she's sure Jiu would be the happiest girl tonight.

She walked closer behind the girl, slipping her arms around Jiu's waist, surpising Jiu with a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone, today." Yoohyeon spoke. She felt Yoohyeon bury her face on her shoulder's, kissing the crook of it.

"Where did you go?" Jiu finally asked.

"I went to see my parents... told them about stuff. I.. I also had to sort myself for tonight..."

Tonight?

"Let's eat? I bought these all for us." Yoohyeon pulled away from the hug, letting Jiu fix the flowers she gave her.

"Just us? These are a lot, Yooh."

"Hmm, we're celebrating..."

"Celebrating? Is there any occation?"

"Isn't you being here with me tonight worth celebrating? Just us enjoying the company of each other?"

Jiu was surprised. She felt her heart beating faster and it didn't help when Yoohyeon reached for her hand.

"Come on, food's turning cold."

She was able to calm down finally as she and Yoohyeon talk. They moved to eat at the living room with pillows and blankets sprawled on the floor. Yoohyeon talked about Yeoreum and Jiu seemed to like her cousin. They finished the food leaving some fruits for later. They decided to play games and the loser chooses the other's hair color. Apparently, Jiu loses and Yoohyeon decided to let her dye her hair after they graduate.

They were eating some fruits when Yoohyeon stood up. Jiu looked up and saw the younger girl offering her hand.

"May I dance with the princess?" Yoohyeon was smiling and Jiu couldn't say no.

Yoohyeon pulled Jiu closer, placing the older girl's hands around her neck. She held her waist tight as Jiu buries her face on the girl's chest. Yoohyeon started humming some song and started to slowly sway their bodies. Jiu smiles as she listens to Yoohyeon's voice. Calming and sweet. She looked up and stared at Yoohyeon's eyes. Pressing their foreheads together, Jiu closes her eyes.

"I want to tell you something, Minji-ah..."

"Hmmm?"

She got no response instead she heard Yoohyeon sing.

"Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter