Chapter V: Part 1

First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dami, is Yoohyeon with you?"

"No, I'm with Dongie. I thought she's with you? Why? What happened?"

"Something happened, and then she left me. Can you try reaching out to her? I need to tell her something."

"Okay, okay. Calm down hmm? Come here and we'll talk."

Jiu dropped the call and tried to call Yoohyeon again but she wasn't able to. Her number was blocked. She tried texting the girl but it's the same. She tried reaching her through her sms but her accounts are also blocked.

"Yoohyeon-ah why are you doing this?"

"Yoo, it's been a year. Don't you miss her?" Dami tried to open the topic again. Yoohyeon had always been avoiding it but that doesn't mean Dami would give up. Jiu is her friend too.

Yoohyeon was typing away on her laptop. Dami sighed as she felt disappointed again.

"... I do." Yoohyeon suddenly spoke. Too soft... and sad.

"Yooh..." Yoohyeon looked up and gave her a small smile. 

"I felt guilty. That I did that. That I just left her without letting her speak. But I'm also afraid. This is the first time I felt this, and I'm afraid to get rejected. Minji is someone very special. And I want to keep her as a good memory."

"But you didn't get to hear what she has to say. It might be something good. You're being unfair, you know. Do you think that she wasn't gonna get hurt? You left her and she didn't even get to explain or speak. She's your friend, at least. And you said couldn't hurt Jiu, in any way. Why are you doing this? She never stopped reaching out to you even if it's a year already."

Yoohyeon was hurt. Not because Dami wasn't on her side but because she broke her promise of not hurting Jiu. But what could she do? She was afraid and too ashamed to even face Jiu.

"I'm a coward, Yoobin."

"Think about it Yoohyeon. Don't let yourself lose Jiu. It's not too late."

-

"Are you okay?" 

Yoohyeon snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a hand over her own. She looked at the person on the driver's seat and sighed. She didn't notice that Jiu had stopped the car. Jiu was frowning and looking straight through her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter