UnDERslACK (1/2)

UnDERpreqUEL (Before UnDERwoRLD)

UnDERslACK Part 1



The sun was shining brightly above him as he walked without any destination. Some people were wearing umbrella or riding a barouche to avoid the blinding light. There’re not many children outdoor since the politic situation was in conflict back there but the man didn’t care about it, at all.

Tall buildings might bind some of the light as large shadow covered the ground. Many small glasses and fretwork decorated the architecture. It was breath-taking scenery but again, he didn’t amuse.

The cobble ground made his walking even more heavy, he didn’t know when the last time he ate. He didn’t know if he still needed human food or not. 

Getting his sight up to the front, he could see small café and it wasn’t crowded. He decided he wanted to take a rest there but another problem occurred. He didn’t have any money, he was left broke, empty pocket.

He looked around and found a swallowed alley as he decided he should take some rest there. He walked in and felt the cool breeze. Big buildings shadow made the air there not so hot and he liked it. Deciding he should go further inside, he walked down the broken stairs as he turned left and then right, just like exploring endless labyrinth. 

Sighing, he sat on the ground and leaned on the wall. He was tired; tired of living without purpose. The man decided he should take some nap and he closed his eyes.

Time passed, it had been two hours since the man fell asleep. Suddenly, a large vibration startled him and woke him up. He jumped immediately as his instinct told him to. The wall beside him was smashed and cracked by unknown creature.

“What now?” the man asked himself as rubbed his eyes.

“Grrr…!!!” the creature jumped to the man’s direction and was ready to hurt the man with anything it had. It was surprise for the man when he saw the creature looked like. It was like human but the stare was different. The eyes were full of anger and thirst, the cloth was bathed in blood, opened mouth like a starving dog. Moreover, dead mind. It definitely indicated the creature was dead!

The man avoided the attack and kicked the creature stomach till its ribs broken. The monster left on the floor, dying. The man sighed as he decided he should go away, find new alley or something.

Just before the man stepped another foot, he was smashed through the next wall. The monsters were not one, he realized. Trying to stand up, he figured his body wouldn’t do as he wanted to. He was too weak, maybe because he hadn’t eaten anything for as long as his mind could remember.

“Get down!” an unknown voice ordered as another figure came up and kicked the monster on the head, killing every of them. It only took fifteen second for the black-caped figure to win the fight.

“Are you OK?” the figure asked.

“I’m…fine, I guess” the man answered.

“Are you a traveler?” the figure asked,” Be careful of those creatures, sometimes they attack human. My name is Jaejoong by the way, what’s yo---“

The man passed out, luckily Jaejoong managed to catch him before he hit the ground. Jaejoong looked around as he examined the man. The man looked younger than him and he looked like…starving? Jaejoong thought.

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Noooooo!!! I won’t leave you!” the man woken up from his nightmare. It had been a long time since he had once, a glance of his past.

“Are you OK?” Jaejoong walked nearer the man’s bed,” I made some vegetable soup; I hope you like it…”

“…Thanks,” the man spoke as he stormed the soup, he didn’t know he was this hungry.

“You’re cute, just like starving puppy I knew back there,” Jaejoong smiled as his memories of certain twin werewolves he met before. Unfortunately, fate separated them till now.

“I’m not a puppy, my name is Changmin…” the man finished the last bowl of the soup and felt satisfied.

“Alright, sorry…” Jaejoong spoke, “So what are you doing here at Munich, Changmin ah?”

“Munich? This city name is Munich?” 

“You don’t know?”

“Well…I just walk without destination, so I don’t really know where I am…”

‘You’re really cute like a lost puppy!’ Jaejoong spoke in his mind proudly.

“I told you I’m not a puppy!” Changmin protested out loud.

“I…didn’t say any---“ Jaejoong became silent as he stared at Changmin. The younger one cursed because he was revealing his power to someone he barely knew, damn it, blamed his mouth.

“Anyway, you can sleep here for tonight. I’ve paid the room for you,” Jaejoong spoke as he got up from the bed and ready to headed outside,” Have a good rest, OK?”

 

 

 

Changmin sighed in relief because Jaejoong decided to drop the subject there.
 

 

 

“Oh! One more thing, Changmin ah, get away from this town as far as you can. Tomorrow you should leave for you safety,” was Jaejoong last sentences before he vanished behind the door. Unfortunately, Changmin read Jaejoong’s mind again. The older one warned inside his head ‘Go away or you might die’, which made Changmin felt more curious but he pretended he didn’t care. No he didn’t want to care about anything. He was the one at fault for leaving his friend in his past.
 
---
 
Jaejoong was counting the stars again, starting from one to thousands. He did it the 3rd time that night. Somehow, he didn’t feel bored doing it, besides he didn’t know what he should do for the night. He indeed bored but he couldn’t hunt like he usually did because a wounded man was next to his hotel room. He knew the man worth something; those zombies only attacked something worthwhile.
 
Still counting, Jaejoong could sense he smelled blood. Moreover, it came from Changmin’s room! He rushed to the next room, trying to look for Changmin.
 
“Are you OK?!”
 
No answer; that was when Jaejoong realized a light from the bathroom. He entered as he could see blood everywhere.
 
“Changmin!!!”
 
“Hmm? Who…Jae…hyung?” Changmin called weakly.
 
“Have you lost your mind?!” Jaejoong asked desperately as he tried to stop the bleeding from Changmin’s left wrist.
 
“I thought…will the pain go away if…I die?” Changmin asked hopelessly, Jaejoong could sense something bad must definitely happened to the poor boy in the past.
 
“You’re an idiot!” Jaejoong cursed as he lifted Changmin to the bed; the bleeding wasn’t as bad as before,” Dying is easy, damn it! Living is hard! Don’t you dare to run away from me!”
 
“But…we’re barely…met…”
 
“Shut up! I know you’re different from other people. I know that…we’re different,” Jaejoong spoke as Changmin couldn’t believe his ears.
 
“It might hurt a little, hang in there, OK?” Jaejoong spoke as he made a small cut in his palm. The blood travelled the air as it bended Changmin’s wound and made the bleeding stop.
 
“What…are….you?” Changmin mumbled before he closed his eyes.
 
“Vampire,” Jaejoong answered as he continued,” Don’t worry, you won’t turn into one. I just used my blood to stop your bleeding. They will temporary be in your body, I’ll have them back after you stabilize…”
 
Then, the younger one drifted to his slumber.