stalemate

My Wife is A Gangster

 

“Mom! Where are you going? Mom? Mom… come back…”

 

No matter how hard she ran after her, it was impossible. Something…no, someone was holding her back. Those same, haunting feelings returned. Loneliness, longing…it was the same cycle all over again. A nightmare with no ending.

 

Hayoung gasped awake, eyes wide open to the white ceiling above. She was ready to fight against whoever or whatever it was. But there is a warm grip on her hand, oddly giving her a sense of security.

 

Namjoo.

 

Head buried on the night stand and snoozing peacefully, it looks like she was waiting for her to wake up and eventually succumbed to dreamland. As Hayoung’s eyes landed on the woman whose figure was lined out by the sunlight seeping through the translucent windows. Perhaps, it is a beautiful painting worth millions of dollars.

 

But Hayoung doesn’t have time to think about her.

 

Moving back to her body, it’s pretty wrecked. Bandages all over and an IV drip attached to her veins, she can’t remember what happened. The last thing was a shockwave of pain hitting the back of her head in the middle of a fight…and then, Namjoo’s shouts echoing in her ears before a loud thud.

 

At least now, Namjoo is safe right here in this very room.

 

Even so, there is a lot of questions in her head that is bothering her. What happened to the attack? Are the people safe? Where are the Machete bastards now?

 

“You’re lucky that Chanyeol and Bogum’s team came in time.”

 

A familiar voice entered the room. Leaning against the wall, arms crossed with an unamused expression, her teammate is fine. Well, besides the plaster on her cheek and dark eye circles from the lack of sleep.

 

“Mission success?”

 

Naeun nodded in response, bringing much relief to Hayoung.

 

“But that doesn’t mean its over. We’ve managed to get everyone except for the Machete family. Our target has been changed to Lee Changsub. Turns out, he is the one manning the whole operation, not Lee Byung Hun.”

 

“Ah, that bastard who dared to touch Chorong. I’d gladly skin him alive for the things he did.”

 

“Hate to spoil it but boss told us to stay still. Seven Life is our main priority at the moment and he said once everything is over, he will be giving us a vacation.”

 

“Interesting…boss was never the type to do that. Maybe something in him changed.”

 

“Chorong’s wedding must’ve soften him.” Naeun scoffed as she looked at the clock hanging on the wall. “Anyways, I came in just to brief you on that so you won’t go around creating a ruckus like last time. I’ll let that nurse take care of the rest. Bye.”

 

“Huh? Hey, wait-“

 

The door closed behind and Hayoung sighed, somewhat hating yet liking the decision Naeun made by leaving. All alone with this nurse who is really good at kissing and makes her addicted for more. She’s going to have a hard time to resist that especially when Namjoo looks so vulnerable right now.

 

“She’s fine right?” Bomi asked, waiting for Naeun at the corridor outside.

 

It has been a rough day and she’s honestly so tired.

 

But at least, she can finally rest without having to worry about anything else. The moment Chanyeol and Bogum stormed the hospital, they were quick to annihilate the rest of the intruders. They were unstoppable. With the Onyx brothers in charge, Machete’s men have retreated.

 

“Yup.” The woman nodded, tucking her hands into the pocket, unsure how to continue the conversation now.

 

“Well, Boseok dismissed me from my work and gave me an extra two days off for my efforts.”

 

“I see.”

 

“I’ll be heading home now so…if you need a place to rest, you can just use my office. My chair inclines so it’s like a bed. Not as comfortable but it works!” Bomi smiled, handing her the keys.

 

“You don’t have to-“

 

“You’ll still be around when I return, right?”

 

“…Yeah.”

 

“Okay! You better keep your promise then, otherwise I’ll be really upset if you suddenly leave again.”

 

The nurse forcefully wrapped her pinky around Naeun’s, even though the latter doesn’t even know why she’s doing that for. “Take care of yourself Naeun. Eat all the snacks in my office if you want, I wouldn’t care! I’ll be leaving now, bye!” She waved off, happily trotting away as she hummed along to a melody.

 

It leaves Naeun stunned.

 

She’s staring at the keys Bomi just gave her and is pretty hesitant on using it. But honestly, she really wants to sleep after everything that’s happened. So, the woman headed to the fourth floor and carefully looked around, not wanting people to judge her. The hospital is rather quiet after the events that unfolded, which is good.

 

Turning the knob and entering Bomi’s small office, it’s honestly just a huge dump of mess. Papers scattered everywhere, an abandoned coffee mug that stinks and there it is, the chair Bomi was talking about. Made out of leather, it automatically leans back the moment pressure is applied. Locking the door and lounging on Bomi’s chair, Naeun makes herself at home. It doesn’t take long for her to drift into dreamland.

 

However, no matter how much she wanted to avoid it, Bomi is all that she can think of.

 

 

xxx

 

 

The Onyx headquarters.

 

It is unlike anything Eunji thought it was; a dark underground den filled with mystery. In fact, The Onyx’s base is a lot more modernized.

 

Tucked inside a waterfall, one had to key in the proper password to open the gigantic vault. With thousands of security cameras, scans and automated guard bots, it is ironic how Chorong said the Onyx were not fond of technology when they were pretty advanced themselves.

 

As Sooyoung and Junghwa parked their motorcycles, Chorong was quick to lead Eunji out, not wanting the doctor to be interrogated by her annoying sisters.

 

“Unnie, where are you going? We gotta treat your wound first!”

 

“T-There’s a reason why my wife is a doctor, o-okay?!” The gangster mumbled, wanting to ignoring her sisters “ohhs” and giggles. Eunji decided to not comment anything, even though she’s b proudly at how Chorong said that.

 

As they walked past the spacious hallway and turning into a narrow corridor that was lined up with several rooms, the couple picked the one in the middle. Turns out, it was a full-on medical bay.

 

“Wow. This is literally a clinic.” The doctor hummed, looking around in amusement that the Onyx definitely has everything stocked. “Let’s get your ankle fixed.”

 

As Eunji’s changing the bandages and applying antiseptic, “So, what happens now?” She asked, eyes occasionally looking at her wife who held the pain well.

 

“We will have to discuss that with my father.”

 

“Right…your father.” Eunji cleared , suddenly feeling afraid at the mention of that man. “He…won’t hit me or anything right?”

 

“Why would he?”

 

“I don’t know.” Eunji shrugged, thinking of a stereotyped image of Park Joon Hyung as a feared gang leader in those movies she has watched. “He just feels like that kind of person…”

 

Chorong chuckled and shook her head.

 

“Father isn’t like that. He is friendly…just very strict when it comes to work…” The woman’s voice became softer, remembering the fact that she still has yet to receive acknowledgement from him. It brought back terrible memories and she honestly didn’t want to continue.

 

“Sorry. I shouldn’t have brought that up. I know things with you and your father aren’t exactly good…”

 

“No. It’s fine. I know that one day, I have to stand up to him.”

 

“And this time, I’ll be right there with you.” Eunji smiled warmly, wanting Chorong to know that she doesn’t have to do this alone now.

 

Park Joon Hyung was waiting for his daughter ever since he received word of a breach at her honeymoon. Even though he was never the type to show his emotions, he was actually worried. Pacing around his office, all of his plans went well. The Machete have retreated and scared off by The Onyx’s forces. All that is left, is to confirm his daughter’s fate.

 

Two knocks on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

The appearance of Chorong and Eunji stepping in brought the stiff leader’s face to a smile. But he wasn’t the type to suddenly run up to Chorong and pull her into a hug. It was just hard and awkward to do.

 

“You’re back.”

 

“Yes, Father. The…honeymoon didn’t go well.” Chorong replied, having courage to now look into his eyes because Eunji is with her. It feels like the doctor is her extra push.

 

“Someone leaked the information to Machete and went straight for the attack. We are working hard to find out that mole but for the time being, we need to stop Byung Hun’s son, Changsub. He is the one behind the strings.”

 

“I understand, Father. This is my fault to begin with anyway.” The women bowed her head, frustrated that all of this had to happen just because of one man.

 

“I don’t want you to get involved in this.”

 

The man lowered his voice, not wanting to risk Chorong’s life again. Even though this was the kind of life they had, he knew that his daughter’s abilities at the moment would not give him confidence that she can handle the next attacks alone.

 

Usually in situations like these, Chorong will simply obey to that command, just like how she has always done. Always feeling small, being unable to talk back and justify her own opinions. But now, she thinks that she can finally do it; to stand up for herself.

 

Taking one glance over at Eunji who is giving her assurance through her eyes, she has nothing to lose now.

 

“Father.” The woman stood confidently in front of her Father whom she has always feared. “I will find Changsub and handle this myself. Even if it takes my life, I will do it no matter what. You can’t stop me from this.”

 

Park Joon Hyung looked at his daughter, rather amused. Something has definitely changed inside her. This is easily seen from the look on her face. Her eyes.

 

There was confidence. There was fire.

 

“Are you disobeying me?” The man asked in a tone that didn’t seem to scold.

 

“…Yes.”

 

Joon Hyung chuckled, leaving Chorong a bit surprised at his reaction. She thought the man was ready to punish her.

 

“I see that the marriage was a good idea.” He looked at the doctor, eyes landing on the two holding hands. “Very well. Do whatever you want, Chorong. Prove me wrong and capture Lee Changsub.”

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

Two days later.

 

The Machete has kept quiet, leaving Seven Life to operate as usual. Despite the attacks, The Onyx were quick to silence the media and bribe the police to keep everything hush. As always, corruption was one they took advantage easily. Because of their tricks, it made everything that happened days ago, seem like a dream.

 

Hayoung and Naeun continued their tasks normally, following around the nurses and keeping everything in order. That is until, they hear a bunch of gasps and gossips down at the lobby. There is suddenly a large crowd gathering and turns out, the famous doctor has returned.

 

From patients to hospital employees, they are interrogating the doctor about her “happy marriage” and sent well wishes to her new beginning. Although, they clearly have no idea about the actual truth.

 

“Welcome back my daughter. I hope everything went well.”

 

Boseok welcomed Eunji, even though he was simply putting up an act for everyone. He knew everything from Joon Hyung. Although he almost had a heart attack thinking how Eunji could’ve died from the attacks, it was a good idea to have her married to Chorong, a skilled fighter.

 

“ how my honeymoon got cut short, but duty calls right? Yerin, get me my schedule for today.”

 

“On it, unnie!”

 

Park Joon Hyung gave Chorong the chance to formulate a strategy plan and she wanted to use it onto her own wife; Eunji as a bait to lure Changsub. Although it was risky, but it was the only way especially since the Machete have become cowards after witnessing The Onyx’s fearsome power.

 

Surprisingly, Eunji agreed to the idea and when the Park sisters asked her at the meeting the reason, she replied with the cheesiest answer that left the Onyx family members sending looks at Chorong.

 

“I listen to my wife well.”

 

Of course, after the meeting, Chorong gave her a lecture and nagged her about how embarrassed she was. The gangster almost wanted to hit her, but Eunji’s reflexes were fast and after rounds of playful sparring, they were at a stalemate.

 

“Your wife is super popular.” Hayoung hummed, watching from the balcony as Chorong came from behind.

 

“You sure you don’t want us to follow Eunji around? Changsub could strike any time.” Naeun said with worry.

 

“It’s fine. I trust her. Plus, Changsub isn’t the type to attack in public.”

 

The queen answered confidently, eyes watching Eunji head into the lift, busy chatting with Boseok and Yerin as they discussed about work.

 

Eunji groaned as she entered her office.

 

It’s not something she misses. But there is a lot of work to be done.

 

Marking her calendars with new appointments and calling her assistants to prepare for operations later in the day, there’s no time to rest. Opening up her laptop as she’s busy analyzing MRI scans, reading research papers and catching up with updates she has missed for the past week, it is as if she was living a double life.

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Come in.”

 

Eunji placed her papers down and greeted Chorong with a smile.

 

“Welcome to my world.” She said, getting up from her chair and ready to give a tour around. “You can ask me anything. This is my expertise.”

 

But the gangster isn’t really interested. “Take this.” The woman handed a sliver blade from her pocket. “Use it when necessary. Changsub and his men can attack anytime.”

 

“Aw, I thought I would have my own personal bodyguard.” Eunji pouted, tilting her head sideways as she comfortably tucked her hands inside the white coat. “Like my own wife. She’s so cool when she fights, you know?” She giggled, watching her wife grow into a red tomato again. This time, she isn’t hesitant to pinch Chorong’s cheeks.

 

“S-Shut up.” The gangster swatted Eunji’s hand away. “We haven’t discussed about when you go home. That’s when you are the most vulnerable.”

 

“I won’t be going home anyway.” Eunji shrugged it off coolly. “Remember? I live in the hospital.”

 

“Really?” Chorong eyed on her, thinking that she’s lying.

 

“You just want to know what my house looks like, do you?” Eunji hummed, leaning forward that caused Chorong to take a quick step back.

 

“N-No! Why would I?”

 

“Because we’re married anyways. Well, my house can definitely fit one more person although, you’re gonna have to sleep on my bed though.”

 

The doctor continued to move towards Chorong, slowly cornering her against the wall. “Living together means more time for ourselves, right?” She hummed, trapping her wife in the space between.

 

“W-we’ll both be busy anyway…”

 

Chorong looked away, flustered and nervous at how close Eunji is right now. Her actions took her by surprise and she’s suddenly a small deer who entered the tiger’s territory by accident.

 

Unlike before, Chorong doesn’t push her away. She’s frozen, letting Eunji move closer and closer. The space between gets smaller, dark orbs drowning in her eyes, lips ready to take her away-

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

“Goddamn it.”

 

Eunji sighed, turning away as she picked up the phone. Chorong breathed a relieved sigh, thinking that she almost stepped on a mine.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Okay, theatre 3. You could just send me a text! Why call me?! What? Ugh- whatever. Thanks, yeah, bye!”

 

 “I-I’m going to go now.” Chorong said quietly, wanting to escape the room.

 

“Hm. Alright. Go then. I’ll shout for help if I get attacked.”

 

Eunji hummed with a tone of disappointment, upset that things didn’t go as planned. She thought she would finally have a chance to kiss those lips and maybe, develop their relationship a bit more than just pushing and pulling.

 

The doctor has gotten a little impatient over the course of days. It makes her frustrated that nothing goes according to how she wishes. Now that she’s back to work, it just makes things more difficult.

 

As Chorong closed the door behind, Eunji softly hit her head against the wall.

 

“How hard is it to just kiss her lips? Dammit! Just one quick move and done! Why can’t you do it Jung Eunji?!!”

 

 

xxx

 

 

“Are you okay? You look a little flushed.” Naeun asked, looking over at Chorong with worry as she placed her palm on her forehead.

 

“I’m f-fine. Anyways, did you find anyone suspicious?”

 

Naeun shook her head while Hayoung didn’t reply because she’s just too busy watching a particular person over the balcony. It’s rush hour now and Namjoo has been going in and out of the lobby, handling different patients and cases. Her voice is loud and clear, calling in patients and running from one end to the other.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

Naeun nudged Hayoung as the woman quickly turned around.

 

“O-Oh! Uh, nothing. Nothing out of ordinary!”

 

“I really hope that doesn’t affect your work, Hayoung.” Chorong said, eyeing at her and later finding whoever she was looking at.

 

“She has a fling with one of the nurses.”

 

Naeun whispered, spilling all the beans. Hayoung stared at her with a gaped mouth; instant betrayal. She thought the whole relationship thing was supposed to be a secret between the two of them. But looks like, Naeun likes to play goody-two-shoes.

 

“Oh.”

 

“U-Uh, you see Chorong…I can explain. I-It just happens you know…like when you meet someone and something sparks inside your chest that it-“

 

“I get it.” Chorong smiled at Hayoung, chuckling at how it’s her turn to grow into a red, blushing tomato. “As long as you are able to balance both, then it’s fine. Live happily Hayoung.”

 

Naeun laughed and was ready to shoot teasing remarks at Hayoung, but oh no, the said girl wanted revenge.

 

“Naeun has a fling on someone too!”

 

Chorong immediately looked over in surprise. For Hayoung, it was understandable for her to suddenly fall in love because it was her nature. But Naeun? She was the reserved type, so hearing that was new.

 

“It-It’s not a fling!” Naeun threw a slap at her partner’s chest and tried her best to justify her situation. “It’s just…she likes to start conversations with me. Hayoung just jumped straight to conclusions!”

 

“She’s lying!” Hayoung whispered while wincing in pain. Naeun had to shut her up with another jap to the stomach that left the woman on the floor.

 

Chorong laughed, nodding as she listened to Naeun’s excuse while Hayoung’s yelping on the floor, accusing her partner for “assault”. It’s small moments like these that she missed.

 

Even though from the outside, they are skilled criminals who can kill, but at times, they also acted like ordinary friends who joked around and had fun. Sometimes, it’s an escape away from the dark world they lived in; blood, death and pain.

 

There’s more to life than just sticking true to their missions.

 

 

xxx

 

 

“You look like you had a rough day.”

 

Eunji greeted her best friend whom she hasn’t seen in awhile. The last they saw each other was at the wedding, and honestly, she promised to tell her everything. But looks like, she doesn’t have to anymore. Bomi probably had her own fair share of experience to grasp the whole situation.

 

“A lot of things can happen in one week, y’know? But it’s fun sometimes. Makes our boring lives in the hospital a bit more vibrant.” The nurse replied, cleaning her hands and preparing for the operation.

 

“I’m guessing I don’t need to explain things to you.” The doctor chuckled, wearing her operation gown and pulling up her gloves.

 

“And I’m guessing you really are in love. Congratulations.”

 

“My wife is a gangster.” Eunji chuckled. “So, don’t get on her bad side, Bomi.” She smiled, as the two headed into the operation theatre, ready to start the day.

 

Two hours. Four.

 

It takes time for Eunji to get her body clock working back. Sitting at the operation table and focusing solely on her patient, she doesn’t want to think about anything for now.

 

Even though she took a break off for a couple of weeks, her skills are still there in memory. As assistants and nurses watch Eunji skillfully maneuver the tools, it makes them remember why she was dubbed as the famed neurosurgeon.

 

It isn’t about her looks, nor her family background, nor the fact that she could fight. She truly is a master, having equipped herself with medical knowledge that doctors around the world would be envious of.

 

Six in the evening.

 

The first operation of the day finishes off with a success; a removal of two tumors.

 

Eunji only has a two hour-break before she dives back into the second operation. Returning back to her office, she wonders where Chorong has gone. Even though they were together almost everyday ever since they got married, it’s weird now that she isn’t around.

 

There is this strange hollow space beside her and she wants to fill it up, with Chorong’s presence.

 

Opening the door to her office, the doctor’s eyes fall on a strange figure waiting for her in the office. There was an ominous feeling creeping up her back as she carefully pulled out the silver blade that Chorong gave her, ready to defend herself.

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

The figure was looking at the MRI scans that were pasted on the light board. A tall man who disguised himself as an ordinary patient, has trespassed into the compound. Wearing a cap and mask to conceal his identity, he turned around to take a full look at the doctor.

 

“What does Chorong see in you?”

 

“I’m guessing you must be Lee Changsub.”

 

“Don’t talk to me, woman.”

 

He growled, pointing his gun directly at her. It was written all over his eyes, the confusion, the frustration. He lost everything because of this doctor. All of his men slaughtered, all of his territories burnt away and the love of his life, taken away.

 

“Geez, calm down. I get that you hate me but really, is killing me the only option?” Eunji asked slowly, raising her hands up in surrender as she bravely walked towards Changsub. “You love Chorong. Okay, fine. I don’t have any hate feelings for that but have you confessed your love to her? Have you truly understood what she truly looked for in life? Have you ever…respected her decision?”

 

“Shut up!” The man yelled, threatening to pull the trigger. “Why does she love a lousy doctor like you, and not me?! And a woman too! How the does that even work?!”

 

“Okay! Okay! Changsub, you don’t have to kill me for this. Killing me will simply make Chorong angrier. She will hate you even more. Do you want that to happen?”

 

Eunji stuck true to talking sense into the man, laying out reasons in a logical way but it looks like Changsub doesn’t even bother to listen. All he wants right now is to kill this doctor.

 

“Die.”

 

“Oh, me.”

 

Eunji cussed under her breath as she quickly dodged to the left, allowing the bullet to miss its target. As she vaulted over her desk, Eunji kicked Changsub and attempted to slice his skin, but he was quick and deflected the attack with his pistol.

 

Eunji grabbed hold of his pistol as the man struggled, aiming his arm upwards as he pulled another trigger. The ceiling is now dented with a mark. As Changsub kicked Eunji, the doctor attempted to snatch the pistol away as it proceeded to fly to the other end.

 

Changsub’s face was filled with surprise as he didn’t think this doctor could fight. But alas, Eunji’s knife movements were amateur and pretty easy to dodge.

 

“Damn it!”

 

Eunji sighed, deciding to toss the knife away and changed her fighting style. Indeed, fists fitted her best because she was brought up in a boxing environment. Fists against fists, elbow knocks and tight twists. Grips and punches, swings and whacks, it was a stalemate. Anymore longer and it was a battle of stamina.

 

“Stop it!”

 

Chorong shouted as she burst through the door, Hayoung and Naeun running in as they aimed their guns at the two.

 

“Oh, hey wife! And wife’s…uh friends! You guys came just in time!” Eunji caught her breath slightly, looking over with a tired smile as she struggled to keep Changsub at bay.

 

“C-Chorong…” Changsub froze, he didn’t think he would meet Chorong in flesh after everything. He missed her so much.

 

“Changsub. Let her go.”

 

The man obeyed the woman immediately as he ran straight at her, hoping to pull her into a hug. But instead, Chorong threw a hard, stinging slap at him.

 

“How dare you.”

 

“C-Chorong…I-I don’t understand. How can you do this? What do you even see in this…doctor?! Do you even love her?!” Changsub shouted, feeling nothing but betrayal engulf in his chest. His eyes grew red as he just couldn’t understand the whole situation. It was utter bull.

 

There was a momentary silence in the air.

 

“I do.”

 

Chorong said, glancing over at Eunji who looked confused. Walking over as she placed her arm around Eunji’s waist, she confessed in a confident tone, “I love her.” The gangster lady leaned over and softly pressed her lips onto the doctor.

 

And that was enough to bring Changsub in defeat. He fell to the ground speechless as Hayoung and Naeun dragged the man out of the room. This left the couple alone in the office, as moonlight shone through the glass windows, illuminating their shadows on the floor.

 

“Oh wow.” Eunji breathed with a wide grin, the feeling still fresh on her lips. When she looks at Chorong, she’s already blushing. That’s just so…cute. At this point, her heart is already beating for anything she does.

 

“Yeah…well.” Chorong cleared , eyes trying to look somewhere else. “I had to do it. I felt that it was the only way…”

 

“You…are a terrible kisser.” Eunji can’t stop smiling. Her cheekbones might hurt.

 

“S-Sorry. That was my first time so…” The gangster lowered her head shyly, she doesn’t know how to proceed the conversation now.

 

“That’s fine. You did good.” Eunji gently lifted Chorong’s head up with a cheeky grin. “My turn.” She whispered, holding her wife’s hands warmly as she leaned in, finally planting the kiss that she’s been longing to do.

 

It’s a chaste kiss: soft, gentle and careful.

 

And this time, Chorong doesn’t back away. She accepts it wholly with her heart and body. It was the first moment in her life that she felt this urge of electricity flowing through her veins, excitement, happiness, fun, so many emotions spiraling into one.

 

When Eunji pulls back, Chorong mutters out, “Again.”

 

The doctor looks at her with the sweetest smile and responds to her orders, kissing her again the same way. She doesn’t want to go too fast, afraid that Chorong might not be ready. She wants to go slow and steady out of respect for her wife who is new to relationships, for her wife who is new to the feelings of love.

 

“Geez, get a room.”

 

Hayoung coughed on purpose in as Naeun stayed silent, trying to suppress her giggles. Bomi was crouching at the side, with her phone up and recording. Namjoo was behind her, watching on with intrigued eyes as if she was watching the final episode of a melodrama.

 

“W-W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING THERE?!”

 

“HEY STOP RECORDING BOMI!”

 

“No way, I’m gonna upload this on Youtube for everyone to see! Bye!”

 

“WHAT THE-COME BACK YOU !”

 

The audience laughed out loud as Eunji and Chorong were now ripe tomatoes. The doctor ran after Bomi as she and her whole gang dashed off. Naeun became the unlucky fry who was caught by Chorong as she flashed a scary grin at the lady, asking for an “explanation”.

 

“Pretend that you never saw any of this happen.”

 

“Aye aye captain. Please let me go.” Naeun giggled, “You should run after Hayoung. She said she was going to tell your sisters about it.”

 

“Oh no she didn’t- “

 

 

xxx

 

 

Happy days have returned to Seven Life and The Onyx.

 

With Changsub captive, the poor man was sold out to the police. In exchange for the prize, they have sold an agreement to keep everything hush. This also meant that all Onyx activities will be turned a blind eye, the Park children can all walk freely and Seven Life will not be held accountable for their connections with the criminal organization.

 

Everything was perfect and within three months, another wedding ceremony was organized for the couple, whose previous one was thrashed by the Machete. This time, it was held privately in a peaceful farmhouse at Jeonju, done in the presence of the Parks, Jungs and close friends.

 

“…And you may kiss the bride.”

 

The Parks clapped while the Jungs cheered. Along with Bomi, Naeun, Namjoo and Hayoung, they contributed greatly to the shouts and even mentioned a bunch of embarrassing lines that calls for a beating.

 

“Kiss and make hot love later!” Hayoung shouted as Chorong threw a threatening glare at her.

 

“I’m so proud of you, bestie! I still remember the day you cried and told me that you will never get married. Look at you now!” Bomi cheered with a cackle.

 

“Shut up!”

 

The doctor shouted, somewhat glad that their wedding was a private one. Otherwise, all of her little secrets will be spilled to everyone. Chorong giggled softly hearing Bomi’s confession, it was a little glimpse of what the previous Eunji was like, and it was kind of cute.

 

“…Please kiss.”

 

The priest cleared his throat awkwardly, seeing how the couple were distracted by their friends.

 

“Oh. Sorry.”

 

 

Eunji and Chorong gazed into each other’s eyes, blocking out the noise from outside. They’ve practiced, and it’s not the same, quick kisses that they did from the first time.

 

 

Doctor Jung’s office door is locked shut. It’s dead in the afternoon, a busy time but despite all that, Eunji doesn’t care about anything else. Right now, in this moment, she’s seated comfortably in her leather chair and making out with her wife who is sitting on her lap. Hands firm on Chorong’s waist, the slight movements of her pelvis and the little gasps that tickles her ears, she loves this so much.

 

She giggled at how Chorong’s blushing so hard, intoxicated by her kisses. She’s teaching her how to kiss better, the proper way of how it works, the careful dips and rougher parts. As they carefully pulled back, a string of saliva glistened along the light as the doctor it and then, wiped with her sleeve.  

 

“Looks like we got a little messy. But that’s fine. It’s practice and…”

 

“You’ve kissed a lot of people in your life haven’t you?”

 

“Well…yeah. But that’s in the past Chorong. Are you…jealous?”

 

Chorong shook her head.

 

“I am envious. You had the time to date, to experience and meet all sorts of people. But all I had was to fight for my life.”

 

“Hey.” Eunji softly cupped her wife’s cheeks, eyes landing softly onto hers. “Like I said, that’s in the past. Let’s look forward to the present time. You have me now.”

 

“I hate how your words always seem to make my heart flutter…” Chorong looked away shyly.

 

Eunji chuckled, carefully positioning Chorong’s waist so that they could kiss better.

 

“Ready for round two?”

 

 

Okay, maybe they practiced a little too hard.

 

The couple shared a simple kiss, a kiss too beginner for their level. But that was enough for the crowd to see, especially in the presence of their family members. Bad idea if anyone accidentally walked into Doctor Jung’s “kissing classes”.

 

As the women guests lined up at the garden porch for the flower tossing ceremony, Hayoung and Namjoo briefly glanced at each other, leaving the nurse blushing quietly while the taller woman smiling confidently. Bomi and Naeun on the other hand, were a little on the awkward end but they kept saying how it wasn’t going to be them anyway.

 

And so, Chorong tosses the flower. The bouquet flies strongly across, into the air and it lands…onto Naeun’s hands.

 

“Wow!” Namjoo cheered, as Hayoung looked on astonished.

 

“Congratulations Naeun!” Bomi smiled as the woman is staring at the bouquet in her hands, very surprised. As she’s looking at how Bomi is dancing and happily humming along, there was a beat in her heart.

 

For some reason, she imagined a wedding. But the groom was not a male. In that fantasy, it was a woman and she saw…Yoon Bomi.

 

As the banquet followed after, Hayoung looked on in shock as she watched Namjoo devour plates of food. She’s still in disbelief at how she fell in love with a woman who can eat so much and never gain weight. Meanwhile, Namjoo’s in disbelief at how she fell in love with a woman who is so picky with her food.

 

But like they say, opposites attract.

 

“Just try it! It’s delicious!”

 

“I-I’ll pass. I might get a stomachache. Not good if I have missions later you know?” Hayoung carefully pushed that one off with an excuse.

 

“How are we going to go on dates then if you’re so picky!” Namjoo sighed, putting her utensils down.

 

“H-Huh? Dates…?”

 

“Yeah. Aren’t we already dating?”

 

“…Says who?”

 

 Hayoung stared at her in full confusion. She’s trying to look back at her memories, wondering if there was ever a time if Namjoo asked her out. But no, she’s never said that, ever.

 

“Me.” Namjoo shifted her chair closer with a straight face. “We’re dating now.”

 

“…Oh. Okay…” Hayoung coolly accepted it, even though she has no idea what she has just brought herself onto.

 

“Number please.”

 

The nurse took out her phone as the woman continued to look on with a lost expression. It’s honestly so cute. Hayoung is like a small puppy who needs a lot of guidance in the real world.

 

“You…don’t have a phone?”

 

Hayoung shook her head in reply.

 

“Wow. That . Do we have to go for those lame traditional methods?”

 

“I can buy a phone…just for you.”

 

Namjoo blinked her eyes and later, smiled widely. “Hey, that’s pretty sweet of you.”

 

“T-Thanks, I guess. I’ll talk to my boss about it.”

 

As Eunji and Chorong are going around, greeting their family members, they soon arrive at Park Joon Hyung’s table. Good thing that her siblings have gone around the hall, chattering with other people. Although that just leaves an awkward moment with the head of the clan.

 

“Hello, sir. Thank you so much for letting us have the wedding ceremony again.” Eunji proceeded to shake the man’s hand.

 

“That’s what fathers do.”

 

Joon Hyung smiled as he turned to face his daughter. In a short span of time, she’s changed a lot. No, love changed her. And it was exactly what the man had planned ahead.

 

He noticed that Chorong lacked something, yet he was unable to figure out what it truly was. That was until he finally cracked the code, remembering the time when he first met his wife. He remembered the sorrow and pain when she passed away. But also remembered how he became stronger with her death.

 

The answer was love.

 

Like father, like daughter. It brought in the same effects and now, Chorong has become a better person.

 

“Chorong.”

 

“Yes, father?”

 

“I made my decision.” He looked at his daughter with proud eyes. “I want you to return and work with the Onyx.”

 

“R-Really?”

 

Park Joon Hyung nodded and for the first time, he reached out to hold her hands, that were tainted with blisters that he gave her, as part of the harsh training. Of course, at times, he is sorry. But it was the only way that she would grow.

 

And now, she has surpassed that level. The man can now be confident and proud of his second daughter, Park Chorong.

 

“I am proud of you.”

 

Those very words, were enough to bring the woman to tears. But she held it in, and smiled warmly. At last, she made it. She gained the acknowledgement from her father, whom she has tried so hard for her whole life.

 

This is an achievement. A victory.

 

“Thank you father.”

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: And...that marks the end of the first arc! It is now time to head back into the PRESENT time and world of "My Wife Is A Gangster" which is a year later, transitioning into the 2nd arc. What do you think has happened in that one year? I have added little hints in the first two chapters hehe so perhaps, you can look forward to what is coming ;)

 

Updates will be a bit slower than usual; although i try my best to update at least every week but school calls, and it lol :/

 

Once again, thank you for reading and see you soon! Hopefully not too long ^^ (Just prepare your hearts because the 2nd arc of My Wife is A Gangster is going to be jam-packed with loads of events coming your way~~~)