epilogue

My Wife is A Gangster

 

Spring has come.

 

A romantic season where flowers blossom and colour the sky. Even in this dull prison cell, her mates are all bantering and laughing over love stories. Peeking past the bars, there are some who have just returned from meeting their visitors and were holding love letters tightly in their hands. It is a sweet sight that is rare to come by in this place. A place where on other days was full of chaos and violence. For now, there is just nothing but peace, happiness and hope…the kind that Chorong loves.

 

Today is the day.

 

Ten years meant a lot of time. Chorong took this as a reflection of herself throughout her life. Whether it was through conversing with her cell mates who each had their own dark pasts or watching the everyday scuffle at the foyer where many would throw fists at each other out of anger and frustration, she has seen and learnt a lot of lessons.

 

And now she is ready. She can finally walk out of this place free and spread her wings wide.

 

“0303, Park Chorong.” The guard announced as he arrived foot at the gates, turning the keys around the hole. As the door creaked open, the man had a light, relieved smile. “Are you ready?”

 

The woman nodded in reply as she glanced over at her other inmates who shared the same cell with her for the past ten years. She bowed and wished them luck for their sentences were much longer. Although the beginning was tough, she remembers being beaten up when she spent her first night. But it wasn’t until Chorong was able to equally fight and win all of them that their differences were eventually settled and everything was wrapped up nicely.

 

Following the guard as she walked past the other cells along the hallway, Chorong has already gotten used to the stares. Usually, it would be stares of aggression. But today, they were stares of envy. Walking down the stairs and past the lobby, her heart was beating with anticipation, excitement but also nervousness.

 

“I hope that don’t I see you come back here anymore. Stay good out there. Go and never return, 0303.” The guard pushed the large, metals gates open as it creaked loudly like the roar of a lion who has finally awoken from its slumber. As Chorong squinted her eyes from the sudden burst of sunlight, she could feel it. The fresh breeze of wind caressing her face, the songs of birds singing in the air, it is real now.

 

Wandering around the carpark, across stationed police cars and normal ones, her eyes eventually land on a familiar face. It is a face that makes her want to cry. But it is also a face that reminds her of home and warmth.

 

Her dear wife, Jung Eunji.

 

For those ten years, she may have aged a lot especially with those wrinkles on her skin. Having to dye her hair black every time she found a strand of white hair hiding in between, Chorong can’t help but to find how adorable it was. But even with age, she is still, so, so beautiful. She never fails to make her heart skip a beat every time.

 

“Hey.”

 

Raising her hand up as she greeted her wife, Doctor Jung’s arms were already wide open and ready to pull her in. Cheekbones raised so high, eyes turning into crescent moons, she can’t stop smiling. And Chorong lead herself right into her wife’s warm hug. Feeling her tight grip, Chorong wrapped her hands around Eunji’s chest and snuggled her head between her neck. She smells Eunji’s scent and it makes her so at peace. So happy to be with her again.

 

“Hi.”

 

Chorong breathed in relief as the couple hugged for a long time…until Eunji joked that they would freeze to death if they kept on hugging. But Chorong retaliated, saying that spring temperature isn’t that cold. This led to the doctor grumbling that she doesn’t want to hug her and Chorong smiled, deciding to softly peck her lips as a means to ask for forgiveness. And as always, the magic works so well on her.

 

“Let’s go get some food, shall we?” Eunji sighed, holding back the urge to making out with Chorong right now. Not kissing her in ten years? Heck, that sounds like hell. But she can do it later. They have so much time to do that now. The drive to the city from the prison is pretty far. But distance is no problem.

 

Throughout the whole ride, Eunji can’t help but to place her free hand on Chorong’s lap. Interwining their fingers and rubbing her thumb back and forth, they just can’t leave each other’s side for one second.

 

“I am filthy rich now so you can eat anything you want. I’ll buy it for you.” Eunji shamelessly showed off to her wife with a proud grin. Well, Doctor Jung isn’t lying. She devised a perfect plan to prepare herself in those ten years to ensure that the both of them could enjoy life without any worries. And the answer to that, was starting up her own hospital.

 

With help from Boseok and her siblings, she was now well enough, a close rival to Seven Life. She was no longer Doctor Jung but, Director Jung of the J&P Hospital. The name was special, not only to signify their love and marriage but also to honour the secret friendship of the Jung and Parks that have been going on forever.

 

“What can you not buy?” Chorong asked in a teasingly manner, but to her surprise, Eunji thought about seriously for awhile until she came to an answer. She looked at her wife and gently poked her chest, “I can’t buy you.”

 

Chorong scoffed and obviously rolled her eyes around. Eunji laughed watching her expression. Even when she is reaching her fifties, there are still some things that won’t change about her wife. And that is her cheesiness. But it’s not that she hates it. Really.

 

“…What are you going to do now?”

 

“Good question.” Chorong crossed her arms in thought. “It’s not like I would get employed anywhere with my history. Plus, who would want someone who is almost reaching her fifties?”

 

“Me.”

 

“Except you.” Chorong cut in, shaking her head as she has to get used to how often she is going to receive more cheesy lines from her wife. It is going to be ten years’ worth of them.

 

Eunji giggled, glancing over at her wife. “We can just everyday till we die, how about that- OUCH!” The doctor shouted in pain as Chorong was quick to pinch her thigh. Receiving a glare that sent chills down her spine, oh boy, she missed that so much. A little pissed off Chorong does turn Eunji on in a weird way, but that is just the millions of reasons why she fell so hard for her.

 

“I can’t believe you.” Chorong groaned but she can’t help but to already forgive Eunji when she’s sending pouty looks as an apology. “…Think about it realistically please.”

 

“Oh! I know.”

 

“What?”

 

Eunji nodded her head, knowing that it is the perfect idea to do.

 

“Let’s travel around the world together.”

 

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

Shaking her head as she grumbled at the piles and piles of unsigned documents on her desk, she really wondered if accepting this position was really the right thing to do. Well, she is beginning to understand how Chorong handled it back then, but at least she doesn’t have to be out in the field, staining her hands again with blood.

 

“Come in.”

 

The woman announced after hearing two knocks on the door. She smiled, watching Mina and Jaemin walk in and reporting their successful mission. It seemed like just yesterday when they were just young kids who knew nothing about the world. But here they are, stronger than ever. It makes her turn into a proud mother. Even though she knew that they were betting on life and death everyday, Hayoung is always relieved to see them in one piece.

 

Now, she understands how her girlfriend- no, wife felt.

 

“Alright. You may take a break for the rest of the week. Come back later for your next mission.”

 

“Yes, ma’am!”

 

“Oh, come on. Don’t call me that. It’s still embarrassing.”

 

The two chuckled and left the room. Deciding to slack off for awhile, Hayoung browsed through the Internet and typed in her wife’s name into the search engine. Scrolling down as she scanned the results, she finds the latest news article.

 

Fashion designer, Kim Namjoo makes a grand look at the Seoul F/W Fashion Week today!

 

It takes Hayoung a short pause to drown her looks of Namjoo’s photograph until she clicks the picture to save it. She then sets it as her laptop’s wallpaper and takes a snapshot of it to send it to her wife. She giggled, anticipating her reaction as she returned back to her paperwork.

 

As cameras continuously flashed away, celebrities each taking their time to pose at the red carpet and fans cheering to see their favourites enter the building, Namjoo was already chatting away with other fashion designers. As they each exchanged their business cards and became excitedly involved in expressing their thoughts about fashion, it was as if their minds clicked automatically.

 

Of course, there were many instances where the male fashion designers would try to hit on Namjoo. But now she doesn’t have to push them away anymore. The moment they notice the sparkle of her ring wrapped around her finger; the men become cowards. Although there are still some who are still brave enough to flirt with her, but Namjoo likes to play the threatening game by saying that her wife will kill him if she sees this in front of her eyes.

 

As the runway show began and models began to walk off, Namjoo can’t help but to find her eyes on her own designs that were now being presented to the whole world. If she were to be honest, the designs for this round was put into thought of Hayoung wearing it. Yes, black y leather straps that looked like it came out of Tomb Raider.

 

Namjoo can’t help but to have ual thoughts about how good Hayoung would look it in, while she’s well…doing good things to her. Either way, no one is ever going to know her true intentions behind her design. So, Namjoo tries to school her expression as the show continues. It is only until she receives a silent buzz from her phone when she sees Hayoung’s photograph.

 

The woman smirked, knowing that it is Hayoung’s sneaky method of trying to make her angry. But Namjoo has her own secret plans. She decides to take a picture of one of her models trying out her y leather strap designs and sent it in reply, along with the words:

 

So, you said that you’re going mark me here and there. Well, how about doing that while wearing this?

 

Hayoung gulped as she opened the photo to see the model wearing that y leather strap. But she is challenged, and she loves it when there is a challenge. Biting her lip, Hayoung replies back with only two words and a wink emoji.

 

Challenge accepted.

 

For a couple who fell too quickly in love at the beginning, Hayoung and Namjoo had found new ways to spice up their relationships in ual ways. It was only by taunting and playing games with one another that it became more fun. It was just the kind of synergy that they went, something that their friends will never really come to understand but it was their own expression of love.

 

Their happy endings were one always fueled with the kind of fires that were vicious and strong. If one tried to break them apart, they would have to put up quite a battle to finish off their fiery love.

 

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

Overlooking the horizon as blue waves crashed onto the shore, seagulls flying across the clear skies and into the picturesque landscape, this is the best place on Jeju Island. People from all walks of life come to take their Instagram-worthy photographs to show off, groups of tourist flock to embrace themselves with mother nature and for others, this place itself is the perfect place for retirement.

 

Sitting comfortably in between the sands and hills is a two-floor café, splurged with white paint and rosewood. It gets busy during the afternoon but the crowd slowly disperses a little over in the evening and Bomi loves that time of the day. Now in her forties, well, almost fifties, she is pretty much your boisterous aunt that everyone in the village knows about.

 

“Listen to your mom well, okay?”

 

The woman smiled as she hugged the young boy who was crying earlier because he tripped over a step and dropped all of his ice cream. Bomi gave him another ice cream for free.

 

“I will. Thank you so much Aunty!”

 

Waving the boy goodbye as his parents drove the car into the distance, that makes them the last customer for today. Bomi returned to clean the tables, ran through stock checks and prepared the close the café. But when she hears the ding of the bell, signaling the arrival of a customer, Bomi doesn’t even need to tell them that they are closed. Because it isn’t a customer.

 

It’s her wife.

 

“You can go and set up first. I’ll be done pretty quickly.” Bomi greeted her wife with a kiss on the forehead before turning back to the counter. Watching how she followed her along, the woman had to pout, “No, really though. I can do it myself. Do you want me to remind you what happened when you helped out last time?” Her wife laughed and nodded, as she did remember.

 

“I cut my finger. And then… I broke two of your precious plates. After that, I panicked and slipped. I landed flat on the ground right here and sprained my ankle.” Naeun recollected her memories, giggling at her own mistakes as she still remembered how shocked Bomi was when that happened.

 

She thought Bomi would be very cross with her, but her wife just has a really soft heart. In the end, Bomi took care of her for the next two weeks, nursing her until she could walk again and the two went shopping after that to buy back the plates that Naeun broke.

 

“How nice of you to say that in front of me.”

 

Bomi had a threatening smile spread across her face. Asking for forgiveness, Naeun leaned in and pecked her cheek. “I’ll go and set these up instead then.” She said, heading out to the garden porch which is her favourite spot. Unlocking her large briefcase and she took out an easel, she positioned them on the grass and took out a palette.

 

Unlike Hayoung who stayed with The Onyx after so many years, Naeun decided to leave. Or rather, she had to request permission from Park Joon Hyung himself in order to receive the green light. After spending so many years in Russia and the struggles of long-distance relationship, Naeun wanted to do something similar to what Chorong did.

 

Love requires sacrifice. And she decided to take that step instead.

 

Although at first, Bomi was against it but slowly, accepted it as Naeun expressed her desire to do the things that she has never been able to do before joining The Onyx. It was art. Paintings. Colours. . Shapes. Naeun loved it all.

 

“How many sunsets are you going to paint?”

 

Bomi asked as she returned back with two mugs of warm tea and placed them on the small table beside.

 

“Until it looks perfect.”

 

“But you are already perfect to me.”

 

Naeun stared at her wife. “Please don’t copy Eunji.” Bomi gasped, as if she was caught red-handed. “How did you know?!” The latter giggled and simply answered that Bomi has always been an open book.

 

“You know, you and Eunji unnie are very similar. I wonder if it is because the both of you were born in the same year and same month?”

 

“Oh wow, if the two of us are similar, are you saying that there are chances that you might fall in love with Eunji instead?!”

 

“W-What? I didn’t say that!”

 

“Hey- you stuttered! That means you hesitated for a moment. So, it is true huh?!”

 

“Bomi, it’s not that!” Naeun giggled, seeing how her wife’s frown is just adorably cute. It isn’t even threatening mad at all. Gently placing her hand on Bomi’s cheek, she whispered closely into her ears, “Of course, I’ll choose you in the end.”

 

Planting a peck and later another kiss on Bomi’s hand, suddenly her wife isn’t angry anymore. She is just staring at her with these cute pouty ‘I want to be angry at you but I can’t’ eyes.

 

“You better choose me. Otherwise, I’ll be really upset.” Bomi mumbled, cutely clinging her arms around Naeun as the rings on their fingers rubbed each other. It was proof of their marriage and their love.

 

Although it was slow at first, the couple had their own share of rocky paths before opening up their hearts. Unlike Hayoung and Namjoo whose fires were far too strong and powerful, Naeun and Bomi’s fire was one that calmly found its way to burst into flames.

 

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

 

Director Jung was not kidding when she said that she was going to be travelling around the world with her wife. Leaving her work to her secretaries and other board members, Eunji cut off all contact with anything related to J&P business and spent the next couple of months of nothing but Chorong.

 

From having a romantic dinner in front of the Eiffel Tower to relaxing by the Maldives beach, riding camels in the Sahara Desert and going on a food adventure in China, Eunji and Chorong made sure that they marked every single thing in their to-do-list.

 

But of course, such happy things had to be cut short when Director Jung had to rush back to save her hospital before it drowned, just three months in. Chorong had warned her wife not to make reckless, selfish decisions like these but perhaps, she could turn it a blind eye as it would be understandable just how much time Eunji missed spending them with Chorong.

 

Knowing that her wife would be lonely and bored on days when Eunji would be busy at work, the two decided to raise a puppy. And it was probably the best thing ever…or maybe not. Every now and then, Chorong sends pictures of their puppy and often talks about it so much that Eunji is becoming a little jealous that she is suddenly not the center of attention.

 

“And then our Meongie jumped around so cutely when she saw this programme on the television. Watch this-“

 

Eunji snatched her wife’s phone away and was immediately met with an angry glare. “What are you doing?!” But that glare wasn’t enough to make the doctor feel scared. Quietly staring at Chorong as she moved forward, it leaves the former Queen a little nervous. The way Eunji's eating her up with her eyes, it makes her take a step back. She's gulping her saliva down and feels the heat creeping at the back of . She hasn't felt this in awhile. Being small and submissive.

 

“…W-What?” She mumbled, that angry tone no longer present. "What did I do?" She asked, looking away with a pout. Eunji sighed and used her hand to forcefully turn Chorong's head back around to look at her. “Stop talking about Meongie for one second and talk about me." Her tone dropped in a low, something that the former Queen actually finds kind of y and hot. It makes her heart skip a beat.

 

“B-But we’re in your office Eunji. What if someone comes in and sees-“ Chorong stuttered as Eunji cornered her to the desk. Hands blocking her escape, chest close to hers, breath rubbing against her skin, oh boy. She's starting to feel really in her grip and control.

 

Eunji smirked and tilted her head slightly. “I don’t care.” Slowly unbuckling her beat, Chorong almost jumps at the sight. Her wife's sudden actions are new and she never thought it would be something that turned her on. Is this how Eunji fell in love with her whenever she was pissed off? An angry wife. An angry Doctor Jung. Wow. 

 

“Sit down.” Eunji ordered and surprisingly, the former Queen does and quietly sat down on her wife’s CEO leather chair. Seeing how her wife was suddenly being very obedient, brought a ery nice smile to Eunji’s face. It makes her happy that Chorong chose her over Meongie. In the end, she still wins. This is her victory.

 

“W-What now…” Chorong pouted with a mumble, somewhat impatient with how Eunji is dragging her time with this. She can feel how Eunji’s stares are just stripping her whole body down just from one stare. She feels so and open already.

 

Eunji hummed in thought. “I was just wondering which one you’d prefer.” With that smirk on her face, Chorong already knows what she's hinting at.  After all, they’ve been married for so long. They’ve had so many times that they already know which one makes them come the most, which one makes her scream the loudest and which one fits so closely to their kinks.

 

It’s just Director Jung who loves fooling around with her.

 

“N-Number three…” Chorong mumbled shyly, hating how she can feel the blush slap across her cheeks that is making her feel so hot. And Eunji chuckled, placing her finger on Chorong's lips. She hushed her wife with a kiss as she whispered into her ears, “As you wish, my dear Queen.”

 

For these two, their fires were different.

 

Unlike Hayoung and Namjoo's which were too strong and alive, and unlike Bomi and Naeun that needed that little push, Chorong and Eunji were the mix of both. The balance of two worlds. Fighting between desire and mutual connection, they were the kind of fires that will always be there, no matter it was cold or hot. A candle that kept burning even on windy days, it was stable and unwavering. A perfect example of how they were inseperable despite the many hurdles they went through. No matter how hard you tried to pull them apart, they will always find a way to connect again. 

 

Just like magnets.

 

On other days where they aren’t ing in public, Chorong and Eunji also shared their favourite pastime together which was drinking. Now was the perfect time to open up all the bottles of wines that were kept in the cellar for many, many nights to come. It was nights like these where they would reminisce the better days together.

 

Like their first meetings.

 

 

“Excuse me, I understand that you’re angry but it would be safer if you put that knife down, ma’am.”

 

A gentle, careful tone broke through her blinded anger. The woman glanced over to see a young doctor. Slightly smaller, hair in a mess, and the nametag, “Jung Eunji”.

 

Ah yes, the powerful, elite generation of doctors. The Jungs are important people in the Onyx trade and Chorong knows it’s a bad idea to tick her off. She’s put in a pretty frustrating situation.

 

“I’m sorry but this is our own private affair. Please don’t interfere, thank you.” The woman brushed it off with much politeness rolling off her tongue, still pointing the blade at Choi Jong Hoon. “Either tell us where it went, or pay it with your life!” She shouted, losing her patience.

 

She’s ready to slice his throat apart when the doctor suddenly grabbed hold of her wrist. With her fast instincts, Chorong accidentally pushed her hand off and swung the blade across. She was afraid that she might’ve hurt this “Eunji” or even worse, kill her.

 

 

Eunji laughed it off, remembering just how scared less she was. Her wife was truly a predator on a hunt, a fierce lioness in the form of a human. But now, that lioness can also be a kitten who often needed cuddling and kisses.

 

As they talked about the first struggles together, it was the start where they realized how much they loved each other.

 

How much they were scared of losing one another in the line of work that Chorong was in. Although it was probably a place that they would not want to go back to, but without that, they wouldn’t have been able to go past the bigger hurdles that came ahead in life.

 

 

“D-Doctor Jung…”

 

Soyoung nervously called her out, flipping through the MRI scan copies and written reports.

 

“What is it, Soyoung?”

 

“I’m…afraid that your wife…” The words are heavy but, she has to push it out of .

 

“She…she has amnesia.”

 

Doctor Jung stared at Soyoung, eyes growing dark.

 

“Amnesia? Hey…don’t pull a joke here Soyoung…it’s not funny…”

 

 

Circling her thumbs around Chorong’s cheek, Eunji doesn’t want to think about the what ifs anymore. She has gone through so much pain and sorrow that she is probably immune now. Maybe.

 

It takes a lot of courage to marry a gangster. But Eunji made through the miracle and she has never once regretted it. Just by being here right now, as they grow old together and spend the rest of their time together, that is what matters.

 

“You know, people are always so curious about you. In those ten years of waiting, I have rejected every single flirts and compliments that they tried to shower me with. Even when they bribe, I refuse.”

 

“Thank you for staying loyal, Eunji.”

 

The doctor grinned and kissed Chorong’s cheek. “Some wonder if you are just some super beautiful angel that fell from the sky. Maybe that’s the truth.”

 

“Well, what do you tell them?”

 

Eunji chuckled as she turned to look at her wife.

 

“I tell them that my wife is a gangster.”

 

 

 

 

~fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: 

 

And, its finally THE END!

Thank you so much for coming onto this journey with me! I know I've put you through a lot of ups and downs, heart-jumping rollercoaster rides that hurt and also heals your heart with a pinch of angst and sprinkle of fluff, haha~ but I thought it would be nice to write an Eunrong fic with Eunji as a doctor and Chorong as a gangster. It was really just a random AU idea but I didn't think the story would expand this long! There were a lot of timeskips in this story, we saw Eunji and Chorong at the beginning as young adults and here at the end, they are now growing old together and entering their fifties.

Honestly, that's the cycle of life and relationships we have. It's...the reality. What goes around, comes around. 

Well then, I suppose I might see you around in my other fics or future fics ^^ Although I don't think I'll be dealing with any Arranged Marriage AUs for awhile now after writing "Your Majesty" and now, "My Wife is A Gangster" probably caused too much pain for everyone haha~ until then!

-pinkpanda419 (6/09/2019)