Dream

SEOUL CYBERCITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O U L    C Y B E R C I T Y

CHAPTER 8:

DREAM

 

“You should be dead.” My hand clenched the fabric on my chest as she stands before me. Her hair was longer—but she looks completely the same as before.

 

 

“I missed you too,” She said as she enclosed me in a hug. I remained stiff as her embrace went tighter. 

 

 

“You’re not real,” I said as I tried to push her away from me. 

 

 

“Of course she’s not real—the real one’s dead,” Said a voice. Though when I roamed my eyes around, there’s no one else besides me and Krystal. My throat instantly went dry as I tried to escape Krystal’s grasp. 

 

 

“She’s dead because you killed her”

 

 

A scream broke free from my lungs as I struggled—only to realize that I’m still inside the garbage capsule. Beads of sweat started to form on my temples as I normalized my breathing. I knit my brows together in annoyance. It’s been a while since I last had that dream—I wonder why I dreamed about it again. 

 

 

I don’t know how long I’ve been here—but It must’ve been quite a while now, considering that I was able to fall asleep without my own volition. I tucked my knees on my chest as I exhaled exasperatedly. 

 

 

I wonder if my dad’s home at this moment—or if he knows that his daughter is branded as Seoul Cybercity’s most sought cybercriminal? Ever since I’ve been able to perceive memories, he’s always been like that—he’s always away. Though as my adolescent years began, his absence became longer than his usual.  

 

 

I don’t know the details about what he does, all I know is that he works for the government—and that they keep sending him to other cybercities. Kai and I once thought that he’s a diplomat, but when I asked dad about it, he just smiled and told me that he’d be gone for another two weeks. 

 

 

I wonder if my mom would’ve been the same. Would she have been an absentee parent like my dad? Kai and Krystal were orphans—in a sense, I felt like one too since my dad’s not around much often, and I never met my mother. 

 

 

A sigh escaped my lips as a beeping sound resonated outside the garbage capsule. I held my breath as the garbage capsule finally opened. I blinked my eyes rapidly as a blinding light flashed before me. I placed my hand in front of me to block some, but the light is painstakingly illuminating through it. 

 

 

“YOU,” said a voice that somehow felt oddly familiar. As I blinked, the blinding light started to dim out and a figure started to form. My throat went dry as I finally became fully aware of who it was and why the voice sounded familiar. 

 

 

“Appa” My father stood before me. It was dark, but I didn’t fail to notice the gray streaks in his hair. How long has it been since I last saw him? He extended his arm to reach out to me. I hesitantly took his hand as I stood up. It’s be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter