Rendezvous

SEOUL CYBERCITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O U L    C Y B E R C I T Y

CHAPTER 11:

RENDEZVOUS

 

KAI’s POINT OF VIEW 

 

 

There was no luck at Baekhyun’s end. There were no signs of her in the area. Chanyeol’s algorithm fcked up big time and I’m pissed off. Each second that passes without her from my sight infuriates me. After losing Krystal again, I can’t afford to lose her too. 

 

 

“Let me get this straight. When you walked into that bar, you saw an Android Krystal, and then when she saw you, she killed herself??” Baekhyun said as he steered the wheel. My eyes deadpanned to him. 

 

 

“How many times should I tell you?” I asked as I crossed my arms. Baekhyun’s eyes went back on the road as he cleared his throat. 

 

 

“W-well, that was— You told us she died, and yet you saw her again—but then there’s a surprise— she’s actually an Android— Wow that’s a lot— are you okay?” Baekhyun hyung blabbered as he continued driving.

 

 

I sighed in oblivion as I pressed my eyes shut. I eased myself at the headrest as another long sigh escaped my lips. 

 

 

“Say something,” Baekhyun said as I felt the car slow down. 

 

 

“Say something, anything—talk to me. Ask me, curse at me, just say anything.” There was a strain in his voice as the car finally stopped.

 

 

“You think you’re the only one allowed to grieve? She died again, android or not— Krystal died again. She died again in your arms again— and again we weren’t able to help you, again we’re not able to grieve her like you do.” Baekhyun continued. I swallowed a cold lump in my throat as I ignored his antics. 

 

 

“Maybe this time you should let us— and if that’s too much, then at least let me.” Amongst all the other members of Undrgrnd, Baekhyun was one of the people who genuinely cared about her.  But Kyrstal and I always had this bond that only the two of us had. It never replicated to anyone.

 

 

Well except for her . 

 

 

“I just want to find her, Krystal wanted me to protect her. Those were her last words, during her first and second death. She told me to protect her. And I’m so scared that what happened to Krystal might happen to her too. I failed to protect Krystal twice— Twice!” Agony engulfed me bit by bit until a single traitorous tear escaped through. 

 

 

“We’ll get her back.” At this point, I don’t know what to believe in. I wanted a normal life— I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter