One Thing

SEOUL CYBERCITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O U L    C Y B E R C I T Y

CHAPTER 4:

ONE THING

 

 

“I’ll get you out of this mess” With our eyes closed, Kai whispered into my ear as the noise dulled out. I cling onto him closer as I sharply inhaled. 

 

 

We were 16 the last time that we’ve been this close to each other— Though, at that time, it was Kai clinging onto me. 

 

 

“Finally!” A voice emerged causing our moment to end. Kai held my hand as he motioned me to stay at the back. A man walked to our direction with his arms wide open— as if he’s inviting us for a hug. Kai didn’t falter and remained his stoic stature. 

 

 

“If it isn’t UNDRGRND’s best contractor, Kim Jongin” Confusion and panic arose as my eyes grew in bewilderment. I tried to meet Kai’s gaze but failed miserably. His words from earlier suddenly echoed in my thoughts “I need you to trust me and only me”

 

 

My chest tightened as I scrutinized every bit of emotion in Kai’s face. He was gritting his teeth as his nostrils flared in anger. I looked back at the man and saw that he’s sporting a wicked grin as he went for a quick embrace. On the contrary, Kai remained stiff as he gripped my hand tighter. 

 

 

All of a sudden, a small thud came as Kai’s Cyber Police badge fell into the airship’s floor as soon as the man peeled himself off of Kai. The man's wicked grin faded as he looked down at Kai’s badge. 

 

 

“Ex-best” There was a hint of bitterness in his voice as crouched down to pick the badge up. He looked at me briefly as he pinned back the badge to Kai’s uniform harshly. 

 

 

“I hope you enjoy your 24-hour stay here. As per the usual, refreshments and dining are at the second level” With that being said, Kai began tugging me away from the crowd. 

 

 

“God they should start replacing those outdated droid robots— I hate welcoming guests!” The man shouted the moment we turned our backs. My eyes were at the back of Kai’s head as he continued dragging me. 

 

 

When we reached the second level of the airship, my jaw dropped. It was as if we’re on a different dimension of some sort. It looks and feels different from the 1st level. It was filled with a spectrum of colors in contrast to the black and brass on the 1st level. The air was regulated and was filled with a cotton candy scent. I roamed my eyes around, only to find that I’m a bit underdressed for the venue. 

 

 

“Damn I should’ve worn that red dress” I exclaimed. Kai looked back at me and chuckled in delight. Soon enough, he escorted me towards the restaurant at the farthest end of the second level. The walls of the restaurant were surrounded by jumbotrons that displays an aerial live feed of Seoul Cybercity. 

 

 

A sigh escaped my lips as I admire its beauty. This city has given us everything we needed and provided our necessities. But this city had also taken a lot from us— This is our city— this is my city— Our sinful Seoul Cybercity, home of all anomal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter