Labyrinth

SEOUL CYBERCITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O U L    C Y B E R C I T Y

CHAPTER 5:

LABYRINTH

 

 

“I’m in love with you Kim Jongin” As I opened my eyes, I saw his dark orbs focus on me. His gaze was menacing as he parted his lips to in some air. For a moment, I felt my heart stopped. I’ve always wanted to do this ever since we were younger— but I’ve never had the courage to do so. I felt the heat surging up as his scrutiny stayed on me. With an excruciating sigh, I mustered up a weak smile. 

 

 

“I’m kidding—No need to be serious now, It was a joke” Kai slumped back to his seat as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed. I bit the side of my cheeks as I tried my best to not end up in tears. I’ve waited for 10 years to tell him this, and yet when I did, I just took it back like the coward I really am. 

 

 

We finished our five-course meal in total silence. Kai didn’t say anything after my confession nor did he ever looked at me again. Years had passed, but I’m still not the one—I guess I’ll never be the one and I’d just have to accept that. 

 

 

“Are you done?” Kai said out of the blue that made the wine glass sip off of my hand. The wine glass clattered as fell on the floor. Sht. I quickly crouched from my seat to reach the scattered pieces—and as I did a trickle of blood flowed out of my index finger. I groaned in pain and shock as I dropped the broken wine glass piece. 

 

 

Kai then stood up and dragged my uninjured hand to yank me up. Kai stormed in at the kitchen, the staffs looks startled at the sight of us. 

 

 

“Where’s your first aid kit, my friend’s injured” One of the staff quickly handed him a first aid kit and as he did, Kai urged me to sit on the counter—which I think is highly inappropriate—I can’t just sit there beside those lamb chops and pork hinds! 

 

 

When I gave him an “I’m not sitting there” kind of look, he placed the first aid kit on the counter—and then he lifted me up and forcibly planted my on the countertop. 

 

 

“I can’t believe I’d have to protect you from wine glasses too.” He said exasperatedly as he opened the first aid kit. He took out alcohol and a band-aid then started tending my wound—which isn’t that big—and yet he’s treating it like it was some sort of a big deal. Kai was still in the middle of placing the band-aid over my wound when the kitchen door flew wide open. 

 

 

“KIM JONGIN! I MISSED YOU BROTHER!” Said the man who stormed in—for some odd reason, he looks oddly familiar. Where did I see him before? 

 

 

“Baekhyun hyung” Kai replied. I rolled his name on my tongue over and over again as I tried to remember where I’ve heard that name before. 

 

 

“I was so stoked when you came back! And this time you’ve brought in another headache! Lovely!” Baekhyun said in a sing-song manner as he clapped his hands. His eyes then aggravated to me as he walked closer to us. 

 

 

My legs were dangling at the counter with Kai standing on the space between them—WHEN THE FCK DID WE ENDED UP IN THIS POSITION. 

 

 

“Your last conquest looks better than this one—plus she’s wearing a rip off of my Prive´” he said in disgust before turning his gaze back to Kai. My mouth instantly went dry as I looked back at Baekhyun—No wonder he looked so familiar! He owns one of the most successful clothing lines in all of the Cybercities! Clothes from Prive´ are hella expensive for my broke —so I always tend to buy the imitation ones! 

 

Though despite the excitement, I couldn’t help but avert my gaze back to Kai as Baekhyun’s words echoed once again on my head. “Your last conquest” – what did he mean by that? I waited for Kai to speak, but instead, he remained his mouth shut. 

 

 

“I’m here to fetch your friend—The council awaits.” Kai briefly nodded as he placed his hand back to my waist. Our fingers brushed lightly as he put me down. The awkwardness from earlier rose up once again as we followed Baekhyun to the third level of the airship. Unlike the first and second level, the third one screams regal black and white. Soon enough we found ourselves standing in front of a massive door. 

 

 

“This is as far as I can go” Kai announced. My eyes fell onto him as panic grew in my system—I’m about to meet whoever the UNDRGRND council were and my best friend just told me that this is as far as he can go?

 

 

I swallowed a cold lump in my throat as my eyes begged him to come with me. Baekhyun then cleared his throat as he looked at his wristwatch—as if telling me that I don’t have all the time in the world. 

 

 

“What’s going to happen behind those doors?” I asked feverishly. 

 

 

“It’s just protocol. They won’t kill you—yet.” Baekhyun said with a huge grin on his face. I smiled back in return. An hour ago, I just found out that I’m Seoul’s most wanted cybercriminal—and on top of that, I’m also quite up there on the UNDRGRND’s assassination list—and now even the owner of Prive´ hates me. What did I ever do in my previous life to deserve such maltreatment from humanity?? 

 

 

“Lovely,” I said as I mimicked his expression at the Kitchen earlier—which made his eyes turn into a good 180 degree. With one quick glance at Kai, I stormed in. 

 

 

Kai’s Point of View 

 

 

I felt a pang in my chest when she finally went inside to meet with the Council. Each meeting with the council is different from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter