Escapee

SEOUL CYBERCITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O U L    C Y B E R C I T Y

CHAPTER 10:

ESCAPEE

 

KAI’s POINT OF VIEW 

 

 

Moments after our heated conversation at the airship, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and I made our descent. The coordinates that Chanyeol mentioned were near the borders of Seoul Cybercity and its surrounding cities. Chanyeol went to the Incheon border where Sehun awaits for him, while Baekhyun and I headed to Daejeon. The other droid robots were stationed to the other borders as well. 

 

 

“So, You and Chanyeol,” I said as I looked at Baekhyun through the rear-view mirror in hopes of breaking the ice. Baekhyun gripped the wheel tighter as he turned into another alleyway. 

 

 

“Yeah, but not quite.” He said as his expression hardens. I bobbed my head like an idiot as I cleared my throat. 

 

 

“I’m going to pretend that I understand” My eyes fixated on the road as he continued driving, and soon enough we reached the borders. Baekhyun opened his communication link and immediately pinged Chanyeol that we reached coordinate he assigned to us. 

 

The engine died as we halted, Baekhyun sighed exasperatedly before we stepped out of the vehicle. He took an e-cigarette out of his pocket, and place it in between his lips. 

 

 

“That friend of yours, she’s a lot like Krystal,” He said as he took the unlit e-cigarette off of his mouth. I shot him up with a confused glance as I leaned against the hood of the car. We’d be standing on this position—coordinate until we get new orders from either Chanyeol or Kyungsoo. Suho directs us all, but he’s busy sorting things out at Beijing Cybercity. 

 

 

“No, she’s different,” I said. A small smile escaped his lips as hi lit his e-cigarette. 

 

 

“You really know nothing about her.” My jaw hardens as I exhaled. I’m so fcking tired of the whole riddle game that he’s playing. 

 

 

“What makes you think that I know nothing about her? I’ve known her since—“ I was taken aback as Baekyun puffed smoke in my direction. Anger rose up my system as I grabbed him by the collar. My respect for this guy is starting to waver.

 

 

“You listen to me Byun Baekhyun,” I said as my grip tightened— but then Baekhyun swatted both my hands as he yanked free and returned the favor by pinning me to his car. 

 

 

“No—You Listen to me you piece of sht. Show some respect to the man who taught you the ropes. You’re acting high and mighty— but you keep forgetting that you wouldn’t be all that without me.” He said as he pinned me harder. I grunted as I tried to break free from him, but to no avail. 

 

 

“I don’t know all the details about her— but she’s an orphan like you and Krystal.” 

 

 

“What did you just say?” I said quietly as I searched for the lies in his eyes— but there were none. Baekhyun finally lets go of me as our communication links chimed. 

 

 

“Target spotted”

 

 

Baekhyun and I exchanged quick glances as we raced back to the car. The engine roared back to life as we drove to the new coordinates pinged by Chanyeol. Baekhyun drove like a mad man. Soon enough we reached a traditional Bar at Daejon. 

 

 

My heart almost sank as I saw government-issued droid robots swarming in the area. Am I too late? 

 

 

“They’re still here cause they haven’t taken her yet. You go use your Cyber Police status to go in and check. I’ll go check at the other side” I swallowed a cold lump in my throat as I nodded. 

 

 

“We’ll get her back. No matter what happens we’ll get her back” Baekhyun said firmly as the door to my right unlocks. I swiftly went down, and as soon as I did, Baekhyun maneuvered the vehicle. 

 

 

The government droid robots immediately picked up my presence. They saluted briefly before ignoring me once again. Why are they here? Are they here for her?

 

 

“I want a status report as to what’s happening here,” I said as one of the droid bots approached me. The droid robot blinked twice before flashing a warrant before me. I felt my breath halt as I saw Krystal’s face at the warrant. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Prison Maxima Escapee"

Username: K r y s t a l

Name: Chrystal Soo Jung

Age: Classified

Species: ANDROID

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter