Keep talking it will help

The Time of Our Lives

Jaebum knew he would have to change his mind at some point, especially when Jinyoung was the one who asked him so subtly to do stuff and makeup with his friends.

So he was in the front of the room where Yugyeom and Bambam were, staring at the door, he knew that the other two, Mark and Youngjae, had returned and gone to their room, in order to leave Jackson to calm down a little, or perhaps an entire morning. Everybody saw how angry he was yesterday. 

Pondering whatever options they had to be able to skip that part and go right to the part that everyone was friends again... or just pretend that never were friends after they returned home. He was almost certain that yes, the second option would be chosen by all, well... Not really

Not being able to sleep the night before was not as bad as he thought. Jinyoung and he were talking in the morning. And finally, Jaebum could feel a burden leaving his back.  The two talked about Youngjae even if a short time friendship was as intense as what they, Jaebum and Jinyoung had. Unfortunately, or fortunately, Jaebum did not know what to say or think.

Jaebum thought things were resolved when Jinyoung said that Youngjae liked Mark, he would not hurt his old friend again. But was wrong... Oh, how Jaebum was so wrong.

The door opened revealing a Mark with a wrinkled face and slightly swollen eyes. Everyone was exhausted emotionally, the sour mood in the house was noticeable. "What do you want, JB?"

"I need to talk to Youngjae?" The tone was more questioning than a statement.

"Speak to him? Will curse him solve our problems? You think this will improve the real situation? I didn't think you were so dumb that point. To come here saying stuff like this... Really. "Mark had a mocking tone.

"Listen, Mark, I will not yell at him or anything like that, just want to talk." Jaebum tried to say without the same tone but failed. The other was making this more difficult. "You know what, you and him. I don't want to know anymore."

With that, Jaebum was out of the front of the room, so Mark has also made his point clear hitting the door.  Mark looked at the guys sitting on the bed. "Sorry, I was angry, and..." He sighed. "Things are confused and I don't think he would be as civilized as we think."

Youngjae further held the urge to cry for what would appear to be the tenth time that day. He did not want to let his problems would affect Mark that way, it was no longer enough what he had heard from the best friend.

"Don't worry, Mark," Bambam said from his seat next to Yugyeom. "Things are very recent, I hope that when we eat, everything is a little better. After all, today is our last day here, right?"

"Uh-huh, we can not end it like this ..." Yugyeom completed Bambam's speech.

Youngjae was lost in thought again. The youngest, they were suffering the consequences of childhood and reactive attitudes of the elders. He wanted to be close to Jinyoung again, in those moments they would help each other, Youngjae'd help Mark, even thou he didn't really could help anyone at this moment. TO be quite honest, Youngjae wanted to be helped. He wanted his friends to sit down with him and to comfort him, but maybe, just maybe he did not deserve to have anyone.

"Jae, why are you crying?" Mark said next to the crying boy, and that was when he realized that the boy was sitting near him. His hand was accommodated in the hands slightly larger ones. The size difference was apparent and somewhat comforting.

"I- I blew it. This is my fault, none of this would have happened if my stupid hadn't kissed him." 

"Jae, no. It's not your fault ... "Mark tried looking for the youngers' eyes,  looking for some kind of support for him and the situation in hand, getting in response just one desperate look from Bambam. The Thai whispered something in Yugyeom's ear, who was apprehensive before leaving the room quickly, but Mark did not know what it was, not when Youngjae seemed to be as sensitive as that moment the other seemed to disappear from there.

"It'll be fine," Mark said stocking Youngjae's hair, putting his head on his chest. "It's gonna be okay."

At least that was what he expected. 

It's gonna be okay. 

(...)

Jinyoung saw Jaebum coming downstair angry, going toward the background without looking him or anything. He sighed deeply, more than likely Jaebum tried to talk to Youngjae but lost patience. Jinyoung would not lie, he was divided into go or not after him. After the conversation they had in the morning, he felt that the feeling between the two had been strengthened in a way that he could not explain.

Everything with Jaebum is somewhat difficult to explain.

However, Jaebum was not alone in that house with messy feelings, every one of them was a mess.  Going slow steps to the second floor, breathing and calming his heart that seemed to be a mile a minute. As much as Jinyoung had gone slowly found himself in front of the new room door.

He knocked on the door. 

Once, twice. 

"Jaebum, if you have nothing to say, don't- Jinyoung?" Bambam opened the bedroom door with wide eyes looking at the Park's dark orbs. "What you- Why are you here?"

Jinyoung held his tears, a sob was stuck in his throat. 

"I came not to fight with anyone, Bam. I want to talk to you, all of you." Jinyoung said quietly, but loud enough for everyone to listen.

"I do not know if it's a good idea." Bambam was nervous, Jinyoung noticed, the hand holding the door was holding it tighter than necessary. "JB was just here, and it was not very nice."

"Bam..." The two exchanged meaningful glances more than the words that had just spoken. 

"I think ... Bam, let him in." Jinyoung tried to look for the owner of the broken voice. He could not but deduced that had been Youngjae.

The same Youngjae who had betrayed his confidence yesterday the one who lied to him... But only to protect him from a story that hurt so much not only Youngjae but also Jaebum. It was one of the closest friends he had in all his years of high school.

"Jae..." Jinyoung said coming into the room and headed straight for the boy sitting on the bed looking at the other boys sitting in front of him. 

He did not think much, just hugged him.

Jinyoung felt his embrace be reciprocated, but felt Youngjae's arms around him still reluctant, which made him press more. The mood of the room was tense, Bambam was standing next to Yugyeom, who was sitting on the edge of the bed alongside Mark, they looked at the two huggings.  

Bambam was holding his boyfriend's hand waiting for the worst, even though everyone there knew that Jinyoung was the wiser one from the group.  Mark took a deep breath and stood up pulling the younger to go with him, the two would talk some things that did not concern them, even if they had seen the show that was the camp. 

Jinyoung realized they were alone when he heard the door close.

Separated from Youngjae, crying quietly, not looking at him, he looked down. Jinyoung felt his heart sink, he could not feel anything for the boy, but compassion, Youngjae was his younger brother he never had.

"Youngjae," Jinyoung said softly. 

Youngjae was shaking his head muttering something the elder did not understand but decided to take the other's face to face him. 

"Youngjae, listen to me," Park said smooth, he was sure that the guy in front was about to break, after all, he was probably blaming the group's friendship had ended his fault. 

Bright eyes full of tears made Jinyoung felt his own tears wanting to leave, and drain freely down his face. 

"I ended up with everything, Jinyoung. With everything. "The hands of the other were hot on his cheeks. "All my fault. You were my friend and I cheated on you..."

Jinyoung did not hold it, damn it. Even crying, he smiled sadly the situation was not easy, but heavens, none of this was only Youngjae's fault. Currently, Jinyoung blamed more Jackson than Youngjae, the whole situation was so messy, so many feelings that were hidden, logically one hour everything would come out. 

"You didn't betray me. Jae, listen to me. Look at me... please "Jinyoung said things smooth, but at the same time with his assertive tone. "I can not say I understand what you did. Because  I can't." He sobbed, watching the other hold their hands bringing to his lap. "But what you did was something you thought was right. Don't use drinking as an excuse, you don't have to, really. I'm your friend first of all, even with all this happening, I do not blame you. And you should not blame yourself ... And I also wanted to apologize to you. "

Youngjae wept freely. 

"Jinyoung, you don't exist. Apologize for what? You did nothing... nothing."

Jinyoung allowed himself to drop a weak laugh. "Jae, nothing? I was talking the Jaebum's things for you without even knowing how you felt, if you hate me, I understand. Jaebum owes you an apology as well. "

At the name of the other, Youngjae stared. 

"He was the one who missed most here. He did not give you a chance to explain... He blamed you for something you can't control. We know he can be a little obtuse and strange, but you should talk about it." Choi looked at his friend there talking like that, as if he had not stayed with his boyfriend the night before.

Park Jinyoung did not exist. 

"Jae, are you listening?" 

"Y-Yes, just... so much, Jinyoung, I thought you'd hate me. I hate myself right now, for having caused all this, for the boys, for you. You always treated me so well..."

"Jae, stop." 

"But it's true! You were always with me, and I, I lied, I hid something so important... "

Jinyoung brought the crying boy to his lap. "It's not your fault. None of that. Not what you have gone through in China, even what Jaebum did to you or what Jackson said to you yesterday."

The two were so broken, the eldest holding Youngjae, who felt again all the things that made sure to stop in the hidden corner of his memories, the deepest marks that had to deal while trying to understand the whirlwind of feelings that life brought him. 

Jinyoung was there giving the support, after all, no one deserves to suffer these things alone, friends are for all times even the worst ones. 

(...)

Mark looked at the cell what appeared to be the twentieth time. Jinyoung and Youngjae were still talking, had already spent nearly two hours inside the bedroom, Jaebum passed them in the kitchen and had not exchanged a word. 

The youngests were lost in their world, seeing something in Yugyeom's cell phone, but they knew nothing could be done right now. Jackson... Well, Jackson had not given in for the guys yet. The door of the room he was staying, remained closed until now.

Mark would not lie, he was worried, after all, Jackson had returned home the night before, but had not given a sign of life till now. He knew everyone was emotionally shaken, but his mind was more focused on his friend who just cried since yesterday than Jackson, who probably just wanted someone to give attention to him. 

Some things never change. 

His thoughts were interrupted when Jinyoung appeared in the room without Youngjae. 

"What happened?" The American rose as Jinyoung moved closer. "Where's Jae?"

"He is sleeping. It's all right, Mark. "Jinyoung said the swollen eyes, going with your American look at the younger. "You already ate?" Yugyeom denied.

"Come, I'll cook something," Jinyoung said going to the kitchen. "You too, Mark."

Mark knew that this request was not just about making some food, no one was hungry, maybe Yugyeom, but the weather was not to celebrate or make jokes in the kitchen. Jinyoung had called them just to talk, try to understand what was going on there. What was noticed by the couple, Bambam was on the couch with Yugyeom.

"When it is ready, we will. Yugyeom is showing me a... It's... a parade. Anyway, go, go, go. "Mark wanted to smile, as always, the newest being discreet.

Arriving in the kitchen saw Jinyoung did not separate anything to cook, he had supported in the sink and stared at the American, his eyes were swollen, red face and hair that always tidy, were a little messy. 

"Jinyoungie," Tuan said subtle, using the nickname of the other. 

"Markie." 

"The point that we got, crazy isn't it?" 

"I think we should go through it, you know?" Jinyoung said. Mark always found him very adult for his age, how could he the world would be over and he would try to stay calm and collected.

"What? Lose all our friends? "

"Not. Not this."

Both were silent. 

"I think it was good because we learn things that could change our lives." Jinyoung continued. "Jackson acted like he always acts when he sees you with someone else. But this time was different, he realized he might be losing you. "

The words of the Jinyoung got him right in the face.

"He saw Mark, you are no longer the eight-year-old boy who was shy and expect him to take the action for you. I do not think it was a good reaction, he moved on everything to personal things, but what happened to us?"

Mark saw him shed a tear but soon composed himself. 

"I think that ends our trip, right? No more mood for it."

"I think so." Ignoring what Park had spoken, he mused. "Jackson has always been so spoiled, full of people who were there to give the attention he always wanted. He is impulsive, but not with his own feelings. " Jinyoung looked at him across the room, the American continued. "I think deep, deep down, I knew this passion, this feeling was not real. Or at least would not be reciprocal. "

"And that's when Youngjae stepped in," Jinyoung said. 

"Yes, Youngjae. He's... he and I are not boyfriends. But he... He cares about me more than Jackson did over the years, of course, I'm not a saint, but Jackson has always provoked and never learned to cope when I answered the assaults. You do not know how this is frustrating! ! It's horrible, it's stressful."

The sun was not strong in the day, the day was not clear. Clouds in the sky let the weather even more tense and cold.

"But you know you don't need it anymore, right?" Jinyoung said, turning to the boy. "Youngjae is an amazing boy, he is strong, Mark, but he's been through so much... Maybe this is your chance to get the love you always sought. Youngjae and you, Mark, were looking at the wrong directions. Especially when one was on the side of the other. "

Mark looked at the boy as he spoke. Jinyoung would not understand, Jaebum was always there, it was always mutual. He knew they were together three years ago, he should not have gone through things like that. But you can not deny that maybe, just maybe, he was right.

But before confirming it, he would look for Jackson. Even though he himself didn't know what he was feeling, they would have to talk about the past, present and especially the future. 

Since Jackson would not be there for long.