Beach Day and Discussions

The Time of Our Lives

The morning sun began to bother Jinyoung's skin, who swore he had closed the window with the brown curtains the day before, even before he decided to go to bed. He remembered the night before, he and Jaebum had gone to bed after a brief conversation about how the younger ones were so funnily in love, especially Yugyeom with his obvious crush on Bambam.

Slowly he d the other side expecting to find his almost to be a boyfriend, just to touch the already icy blankets. Opening his eyes getting accustomed with the sunlight, Park could see that he was alone in the double bed they had improvised, joining together the two single ones in the room.

Looking around the room, he saw some clothes lying on the little sofa. He cursed at the opened curtains especially with the morning sun already high and incredibly hot touching his skin. He cursed a little bit more, but finally got up, looking at the mess that had been made in the suitcases still opened on the floor. Another time he would think about packing them in the wardrobe, the smell of food was drawing his attention more than the idea of tiding his bedroom.

The house was quiet, as Jinyoung stepped out into the corridor he could see that most of the rooms had their doors closed, probably the boys were still asleep, keeping in mind that it was early in the morning still. He was dressed in his favorite flannel pajamas, but he could feel that maybe he was too hot to wear those, after all, who in their right mind would go to the beach with a set of flannel pajamas, Jinyoung certainly was not so healthy when he separated those clothes in the week before. At the thought of possibly asking Jaebum to lend him a pair of his shirts, he headed toward the kitchen and that fabulous smell of bacon.

Upon arriving in the room, Jinyoung could see Im facing the stove doing something. By the smell, he supposed it was something fried, probably the bacon he smelled earlier. He was wearing only a sports shorts and an orange tank top, as always with a questionable clothing taste. Park made himself know by going to the other side, just to see what he was cooking and get a little bit of skinship.

 

"Good morning to you, Jinyoungie." Jaebum's voice was hoarse, Park noted. Instead of answering him, he just stood there by his side, receiving a half smile from the other, who kept talking not too loudly. "I'm getting things ready for breakfast."

 

The other just nodded, he would even say something as "I see it, obvious captain", but he thought it best to keep the comment for later. After all, he had just woken up, a little uneasy, suffering from the heat, and now this, to put up with Jaebum dressed like that in such a domestic scene.

Jinyoung smiled with his own thoughts, that wasn't so bad.

 

"Are you going to wake the boys?" The brunet on the stove asked as he turned a few strips of bacon.

 

Jinyoung really didn't want to say anything, but the boy in front of him insisted on pulling a subject, so the most rational thing that came into Park's mind was to stand behind the other boy and lay his head on his back.

 

"Jinyoungie, what are you doing?" Im's tone came out controlled, the younger expected him to freak out a little as he always did, but maybe the heat had already affected the other. Jaebum then switched off the fire and turned, taking the tan man in his arms, just hugged him, whispering in his ear. "What happened? Did you have a nightmare? "

 

Park just denied it, he didn't really want to talk, and Jaebum did not understand the simplest point of it all, so he just took the hug he received, as much as he liked to be silent, he liked being in the arms of that boy who took his patience sometimes. Im was holding it so gently that it looked like they would break if they moved too fast.

Everything was more than perfect, they were there, enjoying each other, Jinyoung feeling the warmth that came from the older, and Jaebum feeling what was like to have the boy he liked in his arms, but both knew that they could not stay still, or even stop time, not even when they were on vacation. Sometimes things don't work that way.

 

"Bummie, I'm going to wake the boys, will you finish things here, yeah?" Jinyoung broke that silence that had settled in the kitchen, moving away from the other, took his right hand to give a slight affection on Im's red cheeks. The boy in turn just stared at those black eyes that made him feel the air go out of his lungs so easily and nodded.

 

All that Jinyoung asked him would be done without any complaint, he was passionately in love and this was the clearest sign of all, not that Jaebum thought it was bad, he doesn't mind getting lost more and more in the mystery that was Park Jinyoung

 

(...)

 

Jinyoung left the place smiling. He liked Jaebum's strange ways, he was really a strangely weird person, not that it was a bad thing too, of course, especially when referring Im Jaebum.

That just made him more special.

After changing his pajamas to slightly lighter clothing, which consisted of a white shirt without prints and a striped surfers shorts, he went towards the other rooms of the house, following the hallway, after his room came the room where Mark, Youngjae, and Jackson shared, slowly he opened the door.

The room was mostly dark, the little light coming in was from the bathroom that had its door half open. Jinyoung could see that Mark was sleeping in the middle with one arm thrown over Youngjae and his leg over Jackson. If he had his cell phone there, he would definitely take a picture just so he could screw them up later, but since he did not have it and his belly was starting to bother a little bit, he decided once and for all to wake the boys.

Slowly he went to the side Youngjae was and shook him, getting a sound of displeasure, however, he didn't give up, Jinyoung shook the boy a little more just not to succeed again. But there was a movement from the other side, and soon Jackson stood up with his hair in all directions, looking at Park with small eyes.

 

"Jinyoung? What time is it? "He asked huskily.

"It's almost ten already. JB is making coffee, wake the others up, and then come down. I'm going to wake up the younger ones. "Jinyoung said it all going away from the bed and leaving the room just ask quickly he entered. Jackson glanced at the closed door trying to connect all the dots and everything he had said.

 

He looked over at his side and saw that Mark had turned to almost embrace Youngjae, Jackson felt his stomach wrap even if he had not eaten anything. He took a deep breath and went to the bathroom, just after that we would do something about the other two.

Jackson closed the bathroom door harder than he'd planned, but he shrugged, not really minding if that disturbed the boys asleep outside, glancing at his reflection, Jackson made sure to pour cold water on his face, some really random thoughts unconsciously invaded his mind.

Some of them consisted of Mark on Youngjae kissing him, maybe that made a shiver creep up his spine.

Mark couldn't do that, could he? After all, Youngjae was just his online buddy, the two could not have a relationship outside that stupid overwatch game, or could they?

Without really having an answer, he undressed and went under the jet of icy water. Nothing like a temperature shock to be able to make your thoughts come back to reality, or maybe have peace momentarily.

Mark woke when the door slammed, his heart pounded with the noise, he thought something had happened or something. As he sat on the bed, he saw that Jackson was gone and the bathroom door was closed, Mark assumed he was inside the room.

He stretched and let his arms fall to the side. He felt Youngjae's body there and allowed himself to smile just a little, the other had a cute craze to sleep with one of his arms folded under his head and Mark found it the most lovable thing the other had ever done.

His attention went to the bathroom door that opened revealing Jackson, only using a towel to cover his parts and with a few droplets of water running down his bare chest. Tuan felt all his blood rise to his head, his cheeks were surely red when his best friend stared at him, he smiled.

 

"Good morning, Markie, did you sleep well?" Mark looked at him, his mind flooded with thoughts not as pure as the smile Jackson gave him.

 

Like a good teenager at the height of his hormones, he got up quickly and entered the bathroom, bumping into Jackson's wet body, the question stood unanswered, but Jackson laughed at his best friend's attitude and made a point of shouting as the door closed.

 

"Don't take to much time there with your little problems, Mark, Jinyoung said the coffee is ready!" Wang said with too much funny tone, going to get a change of clothes to wear.

"Coffee?" He looked at the boy who was still lying with his eyes closed, as much as he wanted to deny, he could not, Youngjae was too cute sometimes.

"Jae, wake up," said the Chinese, throwing the towel that once covered him over the younger one, who protested, but made no move to get up, until he had put the towel to cover his face, since Jackson after putting his clothes, made sure to open the curtains to let the morning sun take over the room. "I'll wait for you two downstairs, tell Markie to go quickly."

 

Youngjae just complained still lying, after all, was on vacation did not want to wake up before three in the afternoon.

(...)

 

The plan had the plan, Youngjae was sitting at the table surrounded by his friends. Because it took too long, even after Mark had left the bath and called him unsuccessfully more than five times, the person responsible for bringing him down was Jinyoung.

Let's say the methods to make the minor waking up were somewhat questionable.

Youngjae had to change his clothes because he got wet, but at least he was more awake now. Maybe it was because of the quarrel that Bambam was having with Jackson about whether or not to put butter on the pancakes, and that seemed to be very funny, Youngjae and Yugyeom laughed out of the situation and for a moment no one cared about waking up early during vacations.

Mark, Jinyoung, and Jaebum just stared at the balcony scene talking about what they would do later.

 

"I think we could stay on the beach and have lunch there," Jaebum said, turning on the stool that he was sitting next to Jinyoung to face Mark, who drank only a glass of water.

"I don't know, I'm afraid to eat these things on the beach and get, I don't know, leptospirosis?" Jinyoung's tone was amusing, he was looking at both boys, the one in front of him and Jaebum at his side.

"I don't think it works this way. But we can take some food from here." Mark said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "If we make some snacks from here, it would be good, or we can stay on the beach until we start to get hungry we come back to eat here, wait an hour and go back to the beach."

"It's a great idea," Youngjae said as he approached his friends. "We could stay there until we starve, to be honest, it's almost noon, no one will want to have lunch so soon and then we'll be back here."

"I agree with Mark!" Jackson also appeared, but unlike Youngjae who was in the middle of Park and Im, Jackson made sure to lean on Mark who just watched him with the glass in hand.

"So, it's decided, let's pack things from here and then we'll go to the beach," Jinyoung said as he stood up. "Jae and Bambam, you help me do the dishes."

 

Choi just shrugged as he headed into the kitchen giving a cheerful smile to the rest of the boys. Bambam, in other hands, began one of his tantrums.

 

"Why do I have to do the dishes? I can't do my skin routine because someone didn't let me, and now I have to submit to leave my hands dry with this detergent?" Bambam was a dramatic person, so he finished talking by putting his head on the table, looking with bug puppy eyes to Yugyeom, who was at his side.

"Bam, you're not going to have to do it again until everyone else has made the turnaround," Yugyeom said softly.

 

The older ones looked at the scene in amusement.

 

"But, Yug, you're going to tell me how rough my hands are, and I won't be able to pet you anymore..."

 

They heard Jinyoung call the boy again from the kitchen, so Yugyeom just got closer and said, thinking it was low enough only for the boy in front of him to hear.

 

"Even if your hands get rough I'll like you..."

 

The moment of both was broken by Jaebum and Jackson imitating the scene in a goofy way and in a totally high voice. Bambam just got up after leaving a peck on his best friend's cheeks and headed to the kitchen where Jinyoung and Youngjae stared at him with wide-eyed eyes.

 

"What's it?"

"Why are you the color of Yug's hair?" Youngjae asked, smiling.

 

Bambam ignored the two and took the sponge from Jinyoung's hand and began to wash the dishes with a little more force than was necessary, the other two boys exchanged glances and laughed low.

 

Bambam really was a rare piece.

 

(...)


The conversation was good in the kitchen, Mark had joined the three boys responsible for the dishes and there they talked about everything and a little more. Bambam was telling about some customers who went to the store that he worked and how he wanted to give a makeover since the vast majority dressed very poorly for rich people.

Jinyoung and Youngjae told stories they heard from the teachers, as both boys helped the school secretary a lot, they knew a lot from them. Jinyoung having a somewhat agitated academic life had a good relationship with all teachers, Youngjae just joined his friend, but not that his grades were low, far from it, he was the best in the classes he did so nothing surprising about them being so close with the school staff.

The player of the volleyball team, Mark, had several stories of when they went out and ended up making the fool out of someone from the team just before entering the court. As soon as Youngjae wiped the last plate, he asked to leave. He wasn't feeling very well, maybe it was the lack of sleep and he wanted to lie down for a while.

The boys were practically ready for the beach, Jackson, Jaebum, and Yugyeom were just finishing to apply the sunscream, the things they would take were already in a cooler next to the door. There was no healthy food in there, but as Jaebum said earlier, they had just had breakfast, none of them will eat anything nutritious just junkie food.

Jinyoung and Bambam went to talk to the boys while Mark said he would see if Youngjae was well, keeping in mind he needed to change his clothes. The boy left the room with a not very good face, and if someone got ill, they would have to go to the hospital.

Tuan had a home there, but he had no idea if the local hospital knew how to take care of food infection or things like that, well, that was the excuse he used for what he was feeling at the moment, Mark wasn't worried at all, just worried about the hospital. That's it, the hospital.

Jinyoung said he would then go up to get his change of clothes too, but, perhaps, that part was not recorded by Mark, who was already climbing the stairs two steps at a time when Jinyoung let him know the information.

Mark couldn't explain exactly what he felt, but seeing the other with a not-so-good face aroused a sense of concern he'd only felt with Jackson before. He saw that the door of the room where he was staying with the other two was closed.

He approached and with two knocks he opened it, facing a Youngjae on his belly down with his head hidden on the pillow.

 

"Jae, are you okay?" She tried to approach the bed without receiving any reply she tried again. "Jae ~ Answer me, damn, is it that bad?"

 

The boy just grunted something not understandable and turned his head to the opposite side where Mark had sat on the bed. Tuan in turn sighed and decided to start changing and to try again.

Tuan had taken off his shirt and before actually changing his underwear, he had a brilliant idea, more than brilliant, diabolically brilliant. With light steps, he approached the bed where Choi's back and were bundled up and rolled up his T-shirt, fine if it got crushed, after this he would just borrow another t-shirt from the boys.

He whipped the other's until Youngjae actually acted, the older one was laughing the way Choi tried to reach the shirt that hit him but failied miserably. Youngjae's position didn't give him the mobility to reach the fabric. Grunting low, the young man turned, lying on his stomach now, but everything happened so quickly, that when Mark realized it, he was already on top of Youngjae staring into his brown eyes with a luster in them.

 

"Decided to answer me?" Tuan said with amusement, holding his weight in his arms so it would not fall completely on top of the other.

"I'm not in the mood for going to the beach. You know, see Jaebum..."

"Shush, don't talk about him." Choi couldn't finish his sentence as the older man interrupted him, "These vacations aren't for you to think about it or him, let's just enjoy what may be the last time we were all together..."

 

Anyone who entered the room would think they were kissing, their faces were almost glued together, their breaths already mixed, and Mark's position on Youngjae also helped in that scenario.

The two of them stared at each other for a moment, no one said anything until that same glow returned to Youngjae's eyes.

 

"You know..." He whispered, taking his hands to wrap the boy's neck. "I feel like kissing you now..."

The confession was like a thud that Mark wasn't really prepared to receive, he even tried to respond, but the words seemed to get lost before they even appered.

 

"And... At any moment, any of the boys could come in and find us like that..." Choi knew very well to use the words when he wanted. God, Mark was almost giving in to the other's imagination, even closing his eyes hoping he would feed more of the hypothetical scenario they were in.

"Imagine, the two of us here..." Their lips were not pressed yet, but if someone moved a little further, they would meet and finally kiss. "You on top of me almost losing it... We could be making this happen... Markie..."

 

Self-control was always something Tuan was proud to have, and he was so grateful he could not just throw it all out the window and make out with Youngjae. For a moment, Jackson didn't go through his mind, he was not even caring if Jackson came into the room and found them there.

The two came out of the little trance they entered when they heard someone clearing their throat at the door.

 

"It's..." It was Jinyoung, at least. "Am I disturbing something?" Mark quickly stepped off the other, took his forgotten blouse aside and left without looking in the face of anyone in the room. He hoped Park wouldn't say anything for anyone, let alone make a joke about it for the boys. When he found Jackson downstairs, sitting on the couch talking to the younger ones, guilt ended up hitting him fully.

 

After all who was he really in love with?

 

In the bedroom, the situation was a bit different, Jinyoung had ignored the fact that he found the two boys almost kissing and sat himself down aside from where Choi laid.

 

"Are not you feeling well, Jae?" The tone of concern was clear. "Was it because I woke you up with water? I checked to see if it was cold or not... Jaebum took almost two baths before I came up here. Just had to be sure, y'know..."

 

When he heard the name, Youngjae looked at his friend, he didn't know anything that went through his mind, and he was sure Jinyoung didn't even know about the affection he showed in his face everytime he talked about Jaebum. Youngjae was not going to fight for Jaebum, he promised him that, but it's so hard, especially when they have such complicated story like theirs.

 

"No, I'm fine." He got up to face Park. "I'm just not really in the mood to go to the beach, I want to take a bigger nap."

"Hm."

"About what you saw ..." Choi began knowing that sooner or later they would have this conversation, Mark's words came back to him "our last vacation together, let's make it worthwhile." "Me and Mark, we- We have nothing."

 

Jinyoung stared at him with his famous look that said everything he did not need: stop lying to me, I know what I saw.

 

"It is true. We let ourselves be carried away by the moment and that's it..." Youngjae thought for a moment, then made a decision that could change everything. "But I won't lie, kissing Mark should be very good."

 

Park smiled as the younger one told him that. He would talk to Jaebum about this, the two had a theory where Choi and Mark liked each other and should be together, Jaebum didn't think that was the case, but let the other feed him with everything they saw between Mark and Jae.

 

"I don't think so, but that's for me," Jinyoung said with a laugh. "But seriously now, Jae, if you want to take a nap just stay here when we get back, I'll call you, but... otherwise it would be cool if you were there because I won't get in the water. Your company would be awesome. "

 

The younger of the two looked at those penetrating eyes of the other, he was not guilty of anything, much less his feelings.

 

"Alright, but promise me to not get in the water ?!"

"I promise, Jae. But only if you tell me this story of getting carried away by the moment. "

 

With a Youngjae chuckling in the background, Park left the room warning that he would wait for him downstairs since the other boys had already gone. Surely the elder would have affairs to discuss with his roommate, this trip would be worth it, if it were not for him, it would be for friends, after Yugyeom and Bambam, Jinyoung would focus on Mark and Youngjae.


(...)


When the idea of going on the beach came up, no one expected to stay there until the fingers began to wrinkle, to Jinyoung's concern.

Jaebum and the younger ones engaged in a game that seemed to be a mix of dodgeball and beach volley. Jackson had given up after falling for the third time on the sand for everyone's amusement and Mark's concern, as his best friend was soon on the side of the Chinese just to help him get up.

As the boys joked and tossed each other to see who was going to get hurt first, and Jinyoung and Youngjae were sitting on a towel just looking at them and judging the horrible game they created. The subject changed to the moment the younger had had with Mark earlier, to the plan they would have to make for Yugyeom and Bambam finally take up the relationship and date.

The sun had begun to set when the boys decided to return home, Jackson complained that his back was burned and bruised because he had been the main target of the others. Then the Chinese and Mark went ahead because the owner of the house said he would look for a cream that his mother left there for situations like that.

Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom stayed a little longer to decide on a strange game who was going to take a shower first. Apparently, Choi would be in their room because he said something about leaving Mark and Jackson alone for a bit, no one really cared, after all the Chinese was pretty unbearable at times. Jaebum and Jinyoung were left behind fixing things, in fact, Park forced the other to stay with him.

Not that Jaebum thought it bad to stay with the brunette longer than everybody.

 

"Bumie, do you know something that happened today?" Jinyoung said as he folded the towel trying not to let too much sand stay on top of it, while Jaebum as a gentleman who was waiting for him holding the cooler now more or less empty, only with the garbage from the food they ate.

 

Jinyoung took the silence of the other as a signal to continue. "I was talking to Youngjae earlier," Hearing the name of the other Jaebum felt his heart stop. Had Youngjae told him everything? It was not possible, they had talked before, he would not be able to do something like that, would he?

 

"Jaebum are you listening to me?" The scolding voice was crisp and made the taller one look at him after shaking his head.

"I am."

 

Jinyoung stood up facing the boy, the two exchanged a look that had more than just fun there. "I was saying that Youngjae has a crush on Mark."

 

Wait, what?

 

"What? Does Youngjae like Mark? "Jinyoung sighed, sometimes he really wanted to hit the boy in front of him, but for the moment he just gave him a slap on the shoulder.

"You did not hear anything I said, did you?" The yellow smile he received was enough for him to just deny and start dragging the other to the house, with the towel in one hand picked up the right hand of Jaebum, the one which was not busy by the cooler. "I had said that Jae almost kissed Mark today, and then we talked and he said that he had a small, very tiny, crush on our team star"

"Man, I would never say that. Maybe Mark and Jackson, but Jae and Mark. This is new... "Jaebum said, taking advantage of the warmth that came from the hand that fit so well into his. "And knowing you, your little head already has a plan. Which is...?"

 

Park allowed himself to laugh. They saw the house lights on and the door leading to the open beach, before entering the house, the younger held Im to face him. "Let's try to make them stay together when we play truth or consequence."

 

"Don't you think we're too old for that?" Jaebum said with amusement, it was not unusual to see the other in the air like someone who really was eighteen and wanted to enjoy idiotic teenage jokes.

"No, when it comes to getting two people who would be happy together. Because Bummie think: Jae never said that he was with anyone and Mark ... Well, he has a pastthere, but he never dated officially. Maybe the universe is in our favor. "

 

Perhaps.

 

"We'll see, Park Jinyoung."

 

The two of them entered the house only to find the younger ones sitting on the floor watching something on Bambam's phone. When they asked where the others were, the response they received was just a shrug.

Well, for the time being, they would just get cleaned and prepare for the night. Jaebum was thinking a thousand a mile since when Jae could have liked Mark, it was a new change that he didn't quite know how to feel about everything.

 

(...)

 

Jinyoung's plan had been spread to everyone except the younger ones. After all how they would convince that the version they created for truth or consequence, would not have consequences, but instead, would have to 7 minutes in paradise.

Youngjae also had a great role in convincing everyone to play the game, after a little convincing, and the promise that he would pay the extra pizzas as a tip for the elders tried to make Yugyeom and Bambam get together as much as possible, all were sitting around one of the coffee tables.

The pizzas had stayed on the larger table in the dining room, and to improve the joke, they opened one of the bottles of wine only to use it later as the main object of that joke.

 

"Well, since everyone's here, let's get started," Jinyoung said in a slightly embarrassed voice, was not accustomed to drinking alcohol, a glass of wine had already left him a little shaken.

 

He passed his eye on that impromptu circle, beside him, Youngjae finished eating one of the pieces of the pepperoni pizza they ordered, on the other, Bambam sat propping his head on his knee waiting for the next step of that game. Yugyeom was next to Mark, just after Bambam. Jackson and Jaebum were on the opposite side where Jinyoung had sat.

 

"The oldest of us all starts," he said looking at the American who just sighed deeply, his cheeks already a little red from the wine.

 

Mark spun the bottle without much encouragement, seeing that he fell into Yugyeom, who looked around with that smile that made his cheeks even tighter. "Come on captain, let's see!"

 

"Calm Yug, he still has to ask what you want," Youngjae said calmly wiping his hand on the sweatpants he wore.

 

"So, little Yugyeom, what are you going to want to do: true or 7 minutes in the paradise?" The dark-haired man grinned at the sight of everyone's eyes brightening with the possibility of putting the two together at once.

 

Jinyoung and Youngjae's plan was working out.

 

"Yes... I want truth!"

"Good, truth." Tuan looked at his friends as if asking for help until he faced the younger one and smiled broadly. "Would you give it all away to live with the one you love?"

 

Suddenly the air got heavier, maybe it was the drinks they had, but no one really expected a question like that to be made right at the beginning. What saved the moment was that the boy responded in the most innocent way he could.

 

"It depends on what we're talking about because I can love pizza, but I would not give it all away to live with pizza. But if we're talking about people, I do not know, I think so. As long as that person does me good, I see no harm. "

"Okay, I did not expect that. Who would say our baby is actually a philosopher when he gets drunk. "Jackson said putting his hand over where his heart should be. "After that, I hope all answers are as profound as his."

 

"Shut up, Jacks!" Youngjae laughed out loud.

"Well, I'll go," Jaebum said as he approached the bottle, he spun with a little more force than the American, stopping in front of Jinyoung.

 

The boys made a noise as if for a celebration, and soon Jaebum asked. "Truth or 7 minutes in the paradise?"

 

Quickly the boy said the truth.

 

Jaebum then thought of something they had never really talked about, well, they had, but not directly. Earlier that day, he and Mark were wondering who was or wasn't a , and when they arrived in Park, neither of them knew what to say.

Even though he Jinyoung were a thing, they never advanced what would be a few kisses and hands here and there. And now it was the perfect opportunity.

 

"Jinyoung, are you a ?"

 

Silence overcame the place, Park looked at the other with a mysterious smile.

 

"Yes and no. Decide. "

 

Yugyeom and Bambam were the first to begin to get changed with the answer. Bambam screamed that it was too much information and that he was not old enough to know these kinds of things. Youngjae and Jackson were a little shocked by the response, but then they laughed, on the other side Mark had choked on his own saliva.

 

"My God," Jaebum said after sitting down again on the floor.

 

The next person to turn was Jackson, who, after calming down, was excited. The game was starting to get better. The bottle stopped at Bambam.

 

"So what, Bam, what do you want?"

 

Bambam seemed to ponder the options, but soon he spoke. "Seven minutes in paradise, I must compose myself after that."

 

The malicious grin that Jackson gave did not go unnoticed by the others, perhaps by Yugyeom who had distracted himself with his glass of soda. "So you and Yug are going to stay seven minutes in paradise down there under the stairs. When you give the time, I call you out."

 

Bambam became the color of his hair and stood up, glancing at Youngjae and Jinyoung, who had their mocking faces on. "You two will pay me," he said before going into the coat closet under the stairs.

 

Yugyeom was half lost with everything, but he was excited when Jaebum pulled him to his feet and spoke as he led him to the closet where Bambam had already entered. "Yug, enjoy, but pass second base is not allowed. We don't have condoms here, or anything, so keep your head straight. "

 

"But, but... It's only seven minutes, what could happen?"

 

Taking into account the way their lips had turned red after seven minutes, a lot happened in seven minutes. Neither of them said anything, but there was a change in the dynamics of where each one was sitting. Yugyeom insisted on letting Bambam sit beside him. Youngjae stood next to Jaebum still beside Jackson, and Jinyoung had stood beside Mark.

Something in the air had changed.

While the two were in the closet, Jinyoung pulled Jaebum into the kitchen to talk about his plan to try to make Mark go to the closet with Youngjae. Meanwhile, in the living room, the American stared at Jackson, who had picked up his cell phone, seeing something random and then laughing loud, and Youngjae should have gone to the bathroom, Mark didn't see when he got up, he was thinking of the answer Yugyeom had given for his question.

Mark thought about what the Chinese would say, deep down he knew the answer, it was one he didn't like very much, but maybe he hoped to Jackson change his mind. Once in his life.

 

"Let's go for another round, folks?" Mark said after everyone was comfortably around the table. "Whose turn was it?"

"Me!" The Chinese said as he headed toward the bottle. "Let's see what I have kept for you, dear friends."

 

The most incredible thing was that the bottle stopped right in front of himself. After a brief discussion, they reached a consensus that Mark would ask him since he was the oldest, and no one had any idea what to ask the blonde.

 

"Jack, truth or seven minutes in the sky?"

"Paradise, Mark, paradise," Jinyoung said, running his hand across his forehead as if tired.

"Whatever... What do you want Jacks?"

"True!" Jackson said proudly.

 

Mark looked well at his best friend.

 

"Would you live a lie to be happy?"


Jinyoung looked from one to the other, it seemed that the game was taking a dangerous course. He exchanged glances with Youngjae, who just shrugged, waiting for the reply from Jackson, who seemed to be as shocked as everyone there.

Jaebum looked at Mark, what do you want, Tuan?

 

"I…"

"You...?" Mark tried.

"Me." Jackson swallowed, knew that question had a small background and was not made just as part of a dumb game, Mark had his ways to get the answers he wanted. "I guess so?"

 

"Why?" Tuan had insisted, but eye contact was broken by Jinyoung who stood up saying something like "just one question at a time, Captain, follow the rules." Being the next one, already turned the bottle that stopped in Youngjae.

"Jae, what do you want?" Park said, totally ignoring the uncomfortable air in the room.

"I think I'll go with seven minutes in heaven-paradise."

 

Jinyoung grinned. "Good choice." He exchanged a quick glance with Jaebum, who, incredible as it may seem, had a nervous air around him. "I want you to stay with Mark for seven minutes!"

 

Youngjae looked at his friend and discreetly looked at Jaebum, who seemed to let out a breath he did not even know he was holding. The younger ones just started clapping, but they were not as engaged in the game as they were before, after all, the two of them were in their time.

 

"Me and Mark?" Youngjae attempted a reconfirmation.

"Yep."

"I'm against it," Jackson said raising his tone. "Why are not Youngjae and Jaebum going? Think they match more? "The Chinese tried to rationalize something that did not seem to make sense to be explained.

 

"No!" Jinyoung said quickly looking at Jaebum, who in this mess seemed to be lost in thought. "Why can not he go with Jae, Jack?"

"It's true, Jackson. Why cannot I go with Jae? "

 

Everyone had stopped talking, the younger ones stared at the scene, not quite sure what to do. After all, Jinyoung had stood up and stared at Jackson with his arms folded, Mark still sitting there, too, had the same air of defiance with him.

 

"He just can not!" Jackson looked around. "I do not want to play this anymore, good evening to you." And with that, the Chinese continued to the balcony making sure to knock the door when he left.

 

"Wow, what was that?" Youngjae said more to himself than to anyone. "I think this ends the night, right?"

 

Jinyoung was divided in going after the other or staying there with the friends, who made him decide it was Jaebum, who took him by the arm and followed the blonde out of the house. Mark had sat there watching them all get up and leave, Yugyeom and Bambam silently left the room.

After all, they were the only ones who would not know what was going on there, could not blame them for not wanting to understand or even wanting to get involved with the drama of the elders.

After the two left, only Youngjae and he remained.

 

"Sorry about that," Youngjae said with his head lowered. "If you want, I'll sleep with the boys so you can talk to him better."

"Don't worry, Jae. You can go to the bedroom, Jackson will not be back so soon. "The American said smiling weakly at the younger. "Really."

 

Youngjae didn't have much choice, he could go after Jaebum and Jinyoung to understand all that, but he decided to keep his distance, maybe the Chinese did not want to see him so soon. With heavy steps, he left the room heading for the room he shared with the other two room.

Mark stood there surrounded by the mess they made earlier, looking around the house, he realized how it was just a reflection of how he was feeling.

As that trip was being, his best friend having his moments of jealousy without any explanation made him keep the small hope that perhaps deep down, his feeling was reciprocal.

 

He couldn't tell, He never really knew.