The Start

The Time of Our Lives

Mark's seven friends were scattered around his room, comfortable, they were doing one of the evenings they came together to watch some movie or just to have a chat and gossip about people from school. Their friendship was simple like that, being together was enough no need to go out and party like the other teenagers at their age.

The movie was over for some time already, the elders were entertained in some talk about one of their common teachers and how stupid he was. The two younger ones were lying on the rug comfortably, whispering something as they used their cell phones, Bambam's red hair against the white rug was a big contrast, Yugyeom tried to see whatever Bambam was doing just to receive some hit from the other, not that they hurt, just a little joke they had.

Mark was lost in his thoughts a little, this made him realized how he had made friends, not just that but people he could trust, they are his best friends. Now Mark was in his senior year, and he never imagined he could have a group of friends as close as them. He looked around the room at the person next to him, Jackson was talking so lively that he was pulling the blanket they shared on the sofa.

This Jackson was a little different from the Jackson he remembered from his childhood, now his muscles were a little more developed and puberty had played its part. His hair was also different, instead of the dark brown locks, Jackson had lost a bet to dye his hair blonde, but in the end he decided to stay like that anyways.

On the couch on the other side of the room, Jaebum and Jinyoung shared one of the blanket stamped with cartoons characters, a gift from Park himself on Mark's birthday the year before. Jaebum leaned on the Jinyoung's shoulder, who didn't seem to mind that much. Jinyoung did not change much over the years, he had only grown a few centimeters, but nothing much, just like Jaebum, his friend stayed the same way, maybe a little tackier, but nothing more. They were so different from each other but at the same time they looked a like.

Youngjae was there, too, but he was entertaining himself with his cell phone sitting on the armchair that Mark's father had bought so he could read his morning paper about two years ago. Mark wanted to smile as he saw the blanket he lent the other, one of his favorites, full of small stars. Youngjae has changed so little since  they met in real life, his hair was a little lighter and he had pierced his ears, puberty was beginning to take effect in him, it was noticeable. But he stood as beautiful as ever.

 

"What do you think, Markie?" Jackson said to him, making his attention go to his best friend.

"Excuse me, what?" His voice came out a little hoarse.  He cleared his throat and waited for one of his friends to position him of what they were talking about.

"We were thinking about traveling. You know, enjoy our senior year, take everyone, even the youngers, "Jinyoung said with a playful smile adorning his face, letting the wrinkles form around his eyes. "Kind of in those movies, you know? "

 

Mark looked at Jaebum as if expecting him to complete what the other had said, however, he just shrugged and the American then turned his attention to Jackson. "Hm, I do not know..."

 

"Let's go! It will be fun! Think: after school we'll not have that much longer to go out or even travel, each one of us is going to a different college ... "Unfortunately the sentence ended a bit shaky, the two of them knew what Jackson really wanted to say and both of them might not like that idea very much but they wouldn't say anything out loud. "Please! Let's enjoy it! C'mon!! "The blonde continued, not letting show the weight that phrase had on him nor even his best friend.

 

Mark looked at those other bright orbs and sighed. He saw the other boys paying attention to them now. Youngjae had dropped his cellphone, as well as the younger ones on the floor.

 

"We going to travel?" Yugyeom asked not being able to hide his excitement. "Like, alone? Just us?"

"Oh, Yugyeom, of course, right. Or Do you want to ask your mother to come along? "Bambam said, throwing a pillow at the other, which he just laughed at. "And where are we going?"

"I didn't even say if I want it or not ..." Mark tried to speak, but was interrupted by Jackson who had already been excited again, as always very electric.

"We thought about going to the beach! Because then Jae and Mark will be forced not to play video games for like a week, and Jinyoung will have to take off his shirt at some point as well... "As soon as he finished speaking, he received a cushion from the other, who simply ignored the comment he had injured hid neck and followed with the idea, leaving the Chinese laughing from seeing how shocked he was at the first moment.

"We thought about going to Santa Monica, Mark's parents have a house down by the pier , and we could do a lot of things, even go camping if we want." As he spoke, Mark laughed when he saw Jaebum just staring at him and agreeing with everything he said.

 

"Your parents have a home in Santa Monica?" Bambam said in surprise. "My God, my friend is a millionaire and I did not know."

 

"His parents are, Bam, he is not." Yugyeom said rational.

"Do not ruin it, Yug." Bambam said, accompanied by a glare to his best friend. Youngjae who laughed at the whole theater they made, after controlling himself a little and adjusted his posture, looked at Mark.

 

"I think it's a good idea, then we can all enjoy it together as if it's a big and tachy farewell party!" Mark smiled back. "You saying goodbye to high school and us in the group we will get so lonely..." 

"Do not talk like that, Jae, I still want to talk to you when I get out of high school," Jinyoung said seriously. "Let's not think about it like it's the last time we get together, let's think it's our own graduation trip! And that our younger friends will accompany us, simple ... "

 

For a moment the room was in silence. Everyone leaving Park's words internalized, but the silence was broken by Yug who began to scream with happiness for traveling with his older friends alone.

After everyone had calmed down a bit, the owner of the house had already made his decision.

 

"Yeah, I think that would be a good . I'm going to see with my parents if we can use for the next week, but we're going to need two cars, "Tuan said after looking around. "JB, you can go with your car, right?"

"Uhm." Im said still short of his seat, leaning on the black haired boy next to him.

"Okay, I'll see my parents tomorrow, and I'll let you know. Let's make it the vacation of our lives! "

 

After all, what could go wrong?  Seven friends taking advantage of the last moments they would have as a whole group, nothing sounded as perfect as that.

 

Right?