About Confessions and Friendships

The Time of Our Lives

The constant noise of notifications and vibrations from the cellphone forced Jackson to finally wake up in the backyard lounge. He was impressed that he hadn't woken up with the sun's rays directly into his body. He felt his clothes inch with exposure to the heat and damp of sweat formed because a good soul must have thrown upon him last night, to protect him from the serene. He wanted to think it was from Mark, none of the other boys would do it, would they? Nah, probably not.

He wondered if he had slept right there after last night events. He remembered leaving the room after a fit of jealousy in the middle of the game and went to take a breath, then Jaebum and Jinyoung had tried to talk to him, but there was not much of production from that. His body aching as a result of the sleepless night, made the regret hit him in full force, in the end, Jackson left the comfortable bed for Mark and Youngjae, he's just got in exchange a hard chair.

Jackson got up searching for his cellphone, which had not stopped notifying the messages, then finding it on the ground, underneath his chair. Must have fallen during his heavy sleep. With a great effort, Jackson sat up and reached for the phone, feeling his back clench a little bit. He was surprised to see a lot of messages in a group he did not remember being in.

 

"What the is that ...?" Jackson narrowed his eyes to make sure of what he read.

 

He clicked on the "HELP THE CHILD" conversation and realized what it was about: apparently, Jinyoung created the group, but without putting Bambam, to help Yugyeom in some surprise that he wanted to do. He moved the conversation with some impatience until he tried to arrive at something more recent since the first messages began at dawn.

He read something that got his attention to "I'm going to ask him this afternoon", "I had to go out with you in the morning to buy everything, so respect me", "my children are growing" and the most recent "distract Bam".

Jackson wished he had woken up earlier to answer that one, not necessarily to help with the preparations, but rather to get out a little of the heavy climate of the house. However, Jaebum and Youngjae had already volunteered for this part.

He blocked the cell phone and wondered if he should enter the house or not, he wanted to avoid looking at his friends, especially to Mark, he could not explain himself. But his belly, growled, asking for breakfast. And his body asking for a morning shower, made the blonde rise. He went through the sliding door more gently than he had done before, and rummaged if anyone in his field of vision.

He could hear voices from the kitchen. Jackson would talk to the others later. He flew across the living room to the stairs, almost falling when he heard the voices getting closer.

He noticed the bedroom door opened and asked the skies for the room to be empty. Said and done, no one else seemed to be sleeping. He picked out a change of clothes from his unpacked suitcase and entered the bathroom.


(...)


As soon as everyone had finished breakfast, Jinyoung excused himself from the table, didn't have to worry about the dishes, after all, he had asked Youngjae and Mark to take care of it. Jaebum felt the true third wheel among the unofficial couples, especially Mark and Youngjae. He was sitting by the sink just trying to enjoy his piece of cake and his strawberry milk.

He just wanted a peaceful meal, just that.

But something still going around his head. Jaebum never stopped to think that Youngjae might like Mark, for real, and after what Jinyoung had told him, he began to rummage through his brain something he had passed on these two. He recalled the civilized conversation he and his former childhood friend had for the first time in their second year of high school.

Was he referring to Mark? He thought, and a network of information linked to one line in the other began to form in his head, beginning his theory.

 

"JB? Are you okay? "

 

He jumped upon hearing his name being called, Jaebum felt he had said some of his thoughts aloud, but it was no big deal, just the four of them staring at him.

 

"Ah ... right. Why are you asking? "He tried to disguise that he was in fact not creating theories.

"Because your face was weird..." Bambam replied as a little provocation. He heard a short laugh from Youngjae.

"I was just thinking ..." Jaebum wanted to go back to what he was doing, but he thought they might know it as if his mind was broadcasting a little screen that passed everything live. "You know what, I'm going out."

 

He left the table hearing a "he's in one of his days, Bam"

There was still time for everyone to follow Yugyeom's plan, so he decided to find a place to get his head in order and knew exactly where it would be; next to Park Jinyoung.

It was strange how Im felt close to the other, at the same time that he felt tranquil, felt his hormones jumping from side to side.

He searched the place and found Jinyoung sitting in what looked like a little corner under the large window of the reading space outside the house. He smiled as he noticed that Park was concentrating on his reading of the day.

The fringe falling gracefully over his forehead, the habit of running his tongue over the lips, Jaebum so fondly liked, and the sun highlighting his silhouette, trying to prove to the older man that the image was real and not a dream.

Jaebum wanted to have his camera in hand to record what still seemed to be just a mirage to himself, but that was a sight just to be kept in his memory. The black haired boy noticed someone watching him and looked in the direction of his voyeurer. Jaebum must have looked the biggest idiot for Jinyoung to have laughed, but he didn't care. Not when it came from Park Jinyoung.

 

"Why do you look at me so much?"

"Just admiring the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life."

 

Jinyoung didn't admit that, but he loved this tacky side of Jaebum, to be honest, he adored it all, the whole being Im Jaebum was.

 

"Don't say things like that. It makes me embarrassed. "Jinyoung let out a smile and decided to join the other.

 

He sat facing Jinyoung, who had his legs bent. Jaebum decided to imitate him. He approached the younger one, making sure to put his right leg between his, which trembled a bit with the touch in an almost intimate region, Jaebum was making a subtle affection with his left hand on Jinyoung's leg. Im was crazy to leave the chaste touches aside, especially after he knew he might or might not be a .

Jinyoung resumed his reading but was not as focused as before. To have that hand touching him and Jaebum's fixed gaze drying him completely was more interesting than the book.

 

"You know, I've been thinking..." Park decided to start a dialogue before he thought too much. "What Yug is doing, I found very determined," he said without taking his eyes off the book.

"I enjoyed seeing you volunteering to help him." Jaebum didn't take his eyes off Park.

"Of course, he woke me up in the middle of the night to help with the shopping."

 

Jaebum knew Jinyoung well enough to know that he used the sarcastic tone of his mouth when referring to Yugyeom. And that he wouldn't deny help to anyone.

Jaebum learned all the facts when he woke up early and could not find Jinyoung in bed, following the voices coming from the kitchen, saw Park and Yugyeom with several bags, hiding everything as fast as they could, as if it were stolen merchandise and the police were behind.

 

"And you also have an important part in it." He finally stared at the beautiful cat eyes. "You and Jae are going to distract Bam so we can sort everything out."

"I'm not very good with these decorating things, so the other part seemed easier." He shrugged and remembered that when he told the group that he would take that part, Youngjae had also volunteered.

 

If Jaebum didn't have to stay with Youngjae either, it would be quieter, he thought. He didn't want Jinyoung to think he didn't like Choi, in fact, he had a special affection for the younger. Jaebum was the first to break the exchange of glances. He used to reject it when he thought of it while he was with Park.

 

"I find it so charming that he prepares a surprise like this for a request for courtship... It seems so old fashioned and sweet." After a while in silence, Jinyoung said indirectly, making Jaebum hold his breath for a second.

 

Still staring out at the deserted street, Jaebum raised his hand a little more, also touching Jinyoung's thigh, who let a sigh escape with the change of place.

 

"Do you know why I never officialized anything about us yet?"

 

Jinyoung was not surprised by the direct matter. He wanted to have something more serious with the older man, but he never questioned or insisted it happen, he liked what they had, whatever it was.

He didn't answer, knowing it was a rhetorical question.

 

"I'm afraid of hurting myself again. All the people I loved left me without any explanation. They were only there in one day, and then in the other, they had already gone without saying goodbye. "

 

A different glow took hold of Jaebum's gaze. It would corrode inside. He loved Jinyoung so much that he was afraid of being left by him. It was hard to like another person when Youngjae left, and when he first met Park, he knew life had given him a new chance, maybe the last to not let his love go.

 

"When I was a kid, I had no friends, just a housekeeper I liked very much, but then I met a boy who moved in front of my house." Keeping this with him for a long time and getting everything out was liberating. Of course, it would not reveal names, not now at least. "These were the most important people in my life. But all that is good is short-lived. The maid died and the boy moved. He came back after a few years, but we were not the same anymore. "

 

Jaebum didn't even notice when the first tear fell or when Jinyoung was already leaning awkwardly on top of him for a hug. He understood all that. Jaebum did not want to be at the peak of his happiness and then lose everything in a blink of an eye. He returned the act as loud as he could and hoped that no one was in their audience.

 

"Do not worry about it. I'm not going anywhere. It's you and me till the end. "Jinyoung's voice came muffled, but very audible to Jaebum.

 

 

(...)

 


It was not even one o'clock, and Yugyeom was pacing anxiously in the room he shared with Bambam, thinking of ways that everything he had planned down to the smallest details could break. The Thai used the hall bathroom and it would be a long time to him come back, so it was okay to call the others to go over the details as if it were a plan to rob a bank.

The double bed, which was improvised was not questioned by anyone, after all, it was not necessary, was occupied by Youngjae who made a point of lying horizontal, Mark leaned his head on the other's thighs, to the displeasure of Jackson sitting on the floor, along with Jaebum and Park.

 

Kim paced around the room.

 

"Will you stop it? It's going to end up getting a hole in the floor." Jinyoung was beginning to run out of patience.

"Everything will go as planned, relax," Youngjae reassured the younger, letting his hand touch Mark's hair.

"But what if he discovers everything or worsens n-AAHH!" He shouted as he saw the bedroom door opening and revealing a Bambam who was listened to music lightly on his headphones and had a kind of green face mask on his face.

 

When the Thai finally realized he had more people than normal in his room, he stopped humming and paused the song. The elders there acted as if nothing was happening, but Yugyeom could not maintain naturalness.


"What are you all doing here?" Suspicious, he folded his arms and narrowed his eyes.

"Oh... it's nothing." Yugyeom was a lousy liar.

"I know... they were talking bad about me, right? I know my name is on everyone's lips, but my friends talk about me in the back, I've never imagined it..." It was interrupted by Jaebum.

"That's enough, let's get on with it." Jaebum stood up and started to go toward the door. "Bam, I'm going downtown with Choi, and you are coming along with us."

"Hey, wait! I have not even finished my morning routine..." It was not heard by the other. "I deserve it."

 

After everyone was expelled from the room, Youngjae went to meet Jaebum, who was already waiting on the side of his car. He had no intention of volunteering to be alone with the other, but rather to get no glances from Jackson, who still seemed to be angry with previous events. However, Choi enjoyed every moment with him.

Without looking at each other, Choi sat shotgun. Jaebum gave a few more shouts, asking to Bambam to hurry, who soon appeared now without his green face mask. Already inside the car, the energy was not the best, only the youngest among them spoke, while Jaebum looked out of the corner at the teenager at his side.

Their relationship had not evolved much, they had bartered and barked more than needed, but they remained on the verge of good manners. In his two years at school, Youngjae approached Jinyoung a lot, much to Jaebum's displeasure that he could not stop thinking that he could have done it for sheer tantrums, but after learning that Youngjae that he possibly liked was Mark, his suspicious were diminished.


"Can we stop at the discos store?"


Bambam asked as if he had remembered something as soon as he saw the first commercial shops. Youngjae replied that no problem, after seeing that Jaebum was taking longer than necessary to respond. They parked in front of the property and the Thai barely waited for the two in the car. They did not exactly have a script ready for that afternoon, so waiting for Bambam to buy what he wanted and then going to some ice cream shop was the best thing to do.

About ten minutes later, Choi decided to leave the vehicle, preferred to face the heat instead of dealing with the frowned face of Jaebum. He spotted a pet shop at three stores away from where they were, and since he had a weak heart for animals, especially dogs, he decided to take a step to look at the window. He didn't notice Jaebum coming after him, only noticed his presence when he saw the reflection in the glass.


"How's Coco doing?" Jaebum tried to create a dialogue while Youngjae smiled at the animated chicks.

"Well." I felt the older man wanted to ask for something more, but he kept going before that happened. "Remember when we helped find that kitten's owner?"

"I also remember that he ended up scratching you." Youngjae was glad to know that Jaebum still remembered this tiny detail.

"We went around the whole neighborhood pasting posters we made ourselves, all out of crayons." A calm aura began to settle there.

"The drawing was bad, but in the end, it worked."


He saw that Jaebum was smiling at the memory of that time, but that he too was sad inside because he remembered that he had to return the animal and that he wanted to be with it, but his mother forbade it. Saying that he didn't need an animal to take care of.

 

"I always wondered how your personality changed when it comes to cats..."

 

He did not have to answer, Jaebum knew very well what Youngjae was talking about. He was always a child who didn't accept human contact very well, but if the subject was feline, he became their greatest worshiper.

He was curious to ask how the other remembered those traits of his personality, but Bambam appeared, making him return to the present and forgetting their past.


"Ready! Are we going to go back to the house already? "Bambam questioned without realizing what was happening there, the magic of the moment had been broken for Choi.

"Not yet, let's enjoy it and have an ice-cream," Jaebum spoke as if he hadn't had that in mind before.

 

They returned to the car because if they continued on foot, they would get burned by sunlight. They realized that now Bambam carried a beautiful package, and they didn't have to question to know that it was for Yugyeom.

They spotted the ice cream parlor on the corner, retro look attracts attention to those who passed by and it wasn't different for them.

As they entered, Youngjae went behind a table, because the place was full so nothing better than to be settled while eating. A few minutes later, the two returned with their requests in hand. He did not remember telling Jaebum what he wanted, but there was Im with a bowl of chocolate strawberry ice cream.

 

His favorite.

 

The silent aura was perfect, even Bambam seemed to have been quiet, distracted by things he saw on his cellphone. Youngjae exchanged subtle glances with Jaebum wanting an answer to the choice of ice cream flavor but getting none.


"I want to confess something." Bambam didn't even notice that the two elders jumped a little when he broke the silence on their table, but the Thai kept his head down talking.

"Just keep it to yourself," Jaebum said and received two expressions of indignation, especially from Youngjae. "Because if you tell a lot of people, your happiness can be stolen..."


He tried to explain himself, but Youngjae wanted to laugh at something so silly the other had said. He turned his face from Im and went to comfort the Thai, who now felt much more sheepish.

 

"You can say anything to us." He made an ugly face at Jaebum, who shrugged.

"It's about something I'm feeling about a person ..." Bambam said softly, almost inaudibly, nudging the tear in his pants in a sign of nervousness.

 

"Yugyeom, isn't it?"

 

Jaebum and Youngjae both said at the same time, to the surprise of the youngest of the three. Im already seemed to be uncomfortable with the course that conversation would take, but would do anything to help. Choi was in the middle of it all, I wanted to tell you that Kim shared the same thing and that he really liked his best friend, but he did not feel like doing it.


"How do you know?" Bambam did not think he and Yugyeon could be so obvious.

"It's pretty obvious..." Jaebum grunted, poking his almost melted vanilla ice cream.

"Anyway." Bambam looked up and straightened his posture. "I think I really like him. He can be childish at times, have made wrong choices in the past, not be so studious, a bit spoiled, spend all his money... "It was cut off when Youngjae put his hand on Bambam's shoulder.

"Bambam, are you just going to talk about the negative features?" He commented with a look of laughter and he could see that Jaebum also held a smile.

"Ah ... true. So back to focus. It makes me feel strange things, in a good way, right. He's always on my side, he makes me laugh, he stares at me with that idiot face that I love, and I must already be completely in love with him, but I'm afraid he does not want anything or I got the wrong message..."

 

It was a new thing for the other two to see Bambam in a sensitive way, for the Thai never let himself be carried away by sentimentality and always spoke with sincerity, that is to say, he was the most unconcerned person of detachment they knew. But seeing him there, making a huge effort to hold back a tear, came close to a miracle.

Youngjae was not the right person to give an opinion on the subject, after all, he himself was in a difficult situation: he still liked his childhood friend, but Youngjae didn't mind going to bed with another, who also liked someone else.

He was too long immersed in thoughts, which only came when he heard Jaebum's serious voice.


"Bam, do not hold your feelings. If you really like Yugyeom, declare yourself. Do not let time pass, because you never know when everything can collapse in the blink of an eye. I think if you declare yourself to someone, it's the bravest thing I've ever seen. "


Youngjae had his glazed look on his cup, now already empty, as if it were the most interesting thing at the time. He was well aware that Jaebum said that last part to himself, there was no way he could openly declare himself to Jinyoung or vice versa.

What made it all collapse in their relationship, was Choi having declared himself, but felt that if he kept that, he would slowly die inside. But part of Youngjae was relieved to have done so. And now there was Bambam, determined to declare himself and present Kim with discos, as he himself did with Jaebum a few years ago. But he knew that those two would work, for it was a reciprocal love.


"You're right, Jaebum! Tonight I'm going to declare myself to the Yug! "Bambam rose quickly from his seat and there was determination stamped on his face.

"Let's go, the heat is already getting unbearable." Jaebum stood up too, checking the message that had arrived on his cell phone, warning that everything was ready. "Come on, Choi?" He passed Youngjae, touching his shoulder quickly, drawing him from his thoughts.

They drove the car with Bambam now speaking more than usual and again not aware of the tension that hung under Youngjae and Jaebum. With the help of his friends, he'd made up his mind, took the weight off his shoulders, and the discos he'd bought with his paycheck, would fall well for the occasion.

He tried to make some kind of speech and a cute moment for when it happened.


(...)


At home, they arranged in a hurry the preparations they left at the last minute. After Yugyeom assigned a task for each one, leaving Jinyoung very proud of this organization, he ran to look for the dating rings he had bought himself with the help of his mother, who had always approved the idea of seeing the two together, in an official relationship.

On his way down, it was direct to help Jackson walk the rose petals around the house, from the entrance to the kitchen door that led to the backyard, and found that Jinyoung did a good job with the garden candle path on the sand on the beach and he heard Jinyoung saying something like: "of course I'm doing my right part, I do not need help", decided to give a hand to Mark, the one responsable to fill the balloons.

 

"I hope everything works out for you, Yug," Jackson said, appearing in the living room, being careful not to step on a balloon.

"It has to work out, I've been ballooning here for almost an hour, even with unbearable pain in the back," Mark complained, but still doing his part, but it caught the Chinese's attention.

"What? Back pain? What happened?"

"I ended up sleeping on the couch yesterday..." Mark quietly mumbled.


Yugyeom knew that because as he left with Jinyoung to buy all the stuff, Yugyeom came face to face with Mark sleeping in a funny position on the couch.

As it turned out, the American didn't want to give Jackson any more reason not to talk to him, and sleeping alone with Youngjae would not help much. They did not notice how much the blonde seemed to be happy with the news.


"I'm done here, I'm going to call Jinyoung to help." Mark left, giving Jackson permission to speak to the youngest in private.

"Yug?" The boy muttered in signal to continue. "Why are you so sure that Bambam will say yes?"

The redhead thought a little about that, after all, he had not prepared himself to listen to a no. But he was so sure of himself, that a part of his knew everything would work out. Jackson sat cross-legged beside him, hoping to hear an intelligent response.


"He will not say no, " he answered so obvious.

"But how do you know?" Jackson seemed to want an urgent response as if he just needed to consult Kim to make the most important decision of his life.

"Because he is Bambam, he will not reject me and he is also my best friend."

"But what if your friendship is over? If he says no?"

"I don't think that's possible. If two people really love each other, love will be built upon friendship."

 

Jackson wanted a more sensible response, not one that looked like a fundamental kid, but he kept this for himself. Minutes later, the balloons were already full, but the difficult task was to place them inside the large cardboard box. Jinyoung appeared with Mark, and the four of them finished it together, while Yugyeom sent a message to Jaebum, warning that they could come home.

Anxiety grew within him. Bambam was the first and only person he really loved and now he would declare himself. Jinyoung kept telling how proud he was of seeing his children maturing, especially him, who was the childish one from the group. Jackson seemed to have returned to his normal state of being excited by everything and made jokes to calm the nerves.

They heard Jaebum's car parking and each one of them put themselves in position. "Just do not set my house on fire," was what he heard from Mark before he left.

The youngest of the group of friends stayed in their strategic place, right on the border that ended the lawn and began the beach, and the others hid behind the kitchen island, which was complicated but they managed to settle there.

From the front of the house, Bambam was surprised that everything was off, Jaebum and Youngjae made a point of getting out of the car, and as the Thai was very curious, he entered the house anyway.


"If you have any kidnappers here, make it clear that my friends have money and will pay the ransom." He said loudly to a possible thug who, in his imagination, invaded the house.


He came upon a path of red rose petals on the floor, which was visible in the evening light. He calmly followed, still not believing in what was happening, felt his heart racing and his nose begin to pinch.


"Yug?" He called his best friend, who thought he was the possible factor of all this. But he got no answer. He set the discos on the couch.

He continued until he reached the kitchen and saw that the petals ended at the exit door to the bottom. Bambam noticed dim lighting, which dances timidly on the objects near the door and gives continuity to the garden, realizing that these were small containers suitable for candles, drawing a path in a straight line to the beginning of the beach.

From the two-step staircase, he could see Yugyeom at the end of that path, waiting for him. Dressed in thin clothes and giving the best smile he could in Bambam's direction, holding what looked like a velvet box. Everything seemed more beautiful to him, as the last sunbeams disappeared on the horizon, the candle flames seemed more alive, intensifying the atmosphere.

Bambam could not wait any longer and ran toward his best friend, jumping in his arms. He couldn't hold back the tears, they were plentiful, he hoped the world would stop just for them to enjoy that hug a little more.

The tall one was slowly loosening and placing Bambam on the soft sand. His hands were gently held and pulled to start a walk on the beach.

 

"You know, Bammie, I think I've liked you since the first time I saw you," Yugyeom confessed, forgetting some of the shame he had.

"Are you sure? Because you didn't look very happy." Bambam commented sarcastically, remembering when they first met a year ago.

"I was just too proud to admit it, but I liked it when you fought with me or when you complained about something I did or did not do, you look cute angry."

 

They could not control their laughter. Bambam admits that Yugyeom was a difficult person to deal with at first, but he remembered having promised the boy's mother that he would take care of him. As the months went by, the older man could no longer see himself without the other around, which led him to think that a feeling stronger than a friendship could be involved.

They reached a certain point on the beach and returned the same way, facing each other.


"Thank you very much for not giving up on me," Kim confessed after a while in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

"There was no way I could give up, I could not live without you anymore." Bambam did not think he could say something so sentimental about it, but that was one of the things that Yugyeom did,

 

The color of the sky was already a little dark, making it difficult to see, but Yugyeom seemed to have thought of the candles for that reason.


"I'm in love with you, Bammie. I love you. Your exotic clothes, Your hair, Your sarcastic manner is ironic. I love all this in you. "With a faint affection in his hands, the Thai sniffed again, already prepared for what was to follow. "I want you to be mine forever, but officially."


Yugyeom pulled the velvet box from his coat pocket, knelt down, and showed the pair of silver rings. Bambam did not hold his breath in surprise. They were beautiful, not as thick as most they saw around, and in only one, you could see a line made of little diamonds.


"You accept?"


Yugyeom asked again, but this time a little afraid, his voice shook a little.


"Of course I accept, you idiot."


The rings were placed and Bambam could finally kiss Yugyeom. From afar they could hear screams and whistles in celebration. He looked in the direction of where they came and saw his friends, the lid of a cardboard box opened, revealing several white balloons with the writings "he says yes" that flew out across the starry night sky with only candlelight.


"I CAME TO HAVE A GOOD TIME NOW IM FEELING ATTACKED!"


Nor did he have to force his eyes to know that it was Jackson who had shouted, the Chinese could not keep silent at one moment with this, which made the others laugh, but he would take care of it another time.

 

Bambam radiated happiness.


(...)


With dusk, everyone gathered in the spacious living room, telling Bambam how he had managed to do so in such a short time. The cheerful weather could not be better, it really looked like a holiday trip between friends, besides making up for the end of the night before.

Youngjae fumbled on his cellphone casually on the three-seater sofa, looking for something they could do around the city. The tension between Mark and Jackson seemed to have been forgotten, so much so that they shared a small sofa at the insistence of the Chinese. The newest couple of boyfriends would take care of an armchair too small even for Yugyeom, but nothing would change their minds.


"So you guys got everything ready today?" Jinyoung nodded, sitting on the floor next to Jaebum, where he rested his legs. "I'm impressed," Bambam concluded.

"I confess I already suspected something was going on this kid mind when Yug said all those things..." Youngjae recalled the day they went to the market.

"And Bambam also said several things about Yugyeom today ..." Jaebum put more fuel into the fire, making the two youngers flushed more than they were already.


"Oh, why do you have to be like this?" Yugyeom complained slyly, then formed a pout on his lips.

"Because we like to make you embarrassed," Jackson returned simplistically. He snuggled even closer to Mark, who didn't care but caught Jinyoung's glances.

"Do not mind them, Yug. They are only in pure envy of our love and my diamond ring. "

"If you don't stop showing it, I'll take it off your finger and I will not even care if he comes along." From the couch, Mark threatened with a look of boredom, making Choi give a short laugh.

"Delicate as ever." The threat did nothing to Bambam, who was already accustomed to this side of the American.


Jackson took advantage of the fact that the younger ones had entered a mellow mood, causing Jaebum to roll his eyes, and put his right arm around Mark's shoulders, bringing the other closer to him, which he tensed at first but relaxed later. He looked victorious at Youngjae, but he received a mocking smile that made him uneasy.

 

"Ah, please go to the bedroom to do this." A complaint from Jinyoung was thrown at the two in the armchair who were kissing madly.

"Not today. We plan for tomorrow. "Bambam blurted out a look.

"Enough! I do not need to know these things! "He got up exasperated but stopped in place. "You're going to use protection, please tell me you are? And we do not want to hear noises."

"Jinyoung, you're making us embarrassed..." Before Kim or anyone else could continue with that, Choi interrupted the exchange.

"We could go on the pier tonight. It has food stalls and games too ..."

 

Everyone looked at each other, finding the idea pleasant, not least because nobody was willing to make dinner, and it would be fun to take advantage of the attraction of the place. They chose to drive, for they knew they would come back exhausted. Bambam and Yugyeom would be unbearable if they got separated, so they went along with Jackson in his car, which after insisting too much, convinced Mark to go with them too.

The road was not long, it was only difficult to find nearby parking spots, but after ten minutes of looking for it, they preferred to stop anywhere. The place was full, especially since it was summer time. Many families, couples, groups of friends gathered there. The Ferris wheel and the roller coaster were the highlights.

Jinyoung tried to stay organized and keep the group together, but after losing the blonde to the crowd and then the younger ones out of sight, he gave up.


"Loosen up, Jinyoung. We'll just enjoy it without worry. "Youngjae commented, looking around in wonder at all that.


Youngjae was preparing to join Mark and who knows how to bet on one of the gaming tents, but Jackson came back fast already pulling the American away from him.


"Let's go on the Ferris wheel, Markie!" He looked like a kid the first time at an amusement park.

"Well, I ..." He looked at Youngjae, making sure it was okay for him to have Jaebum. He nodded. "Yeah, come on." And he let himself be carried away by his best friend.

"Jae, are we going to the pinstrip?" Jinyoung also seemed very excited as he invited him in, and it did not seem like a minute ago that he wanted to keep everyone on the line.

"Okay!" He decided to forget all his worries. Im just watching, maybe he was expecting an invitation. "Jaebum! Are not you coming?"


Jaebum could not remember the last time he called the other with such energy.

 

He just grinned, holding his camera in his hands. He positioned himself to take a picture just as Jinyoung turned to look at him with Youngjae. Maybe it was the magic of the place because it never crossed his mind that he would take a photo of Choi these days and even more follow them around as if they were the trio of best friends more inseparable.

From the top of the ferris wheel, the place was even more incredible. The colorful lights, the music playing and the people having fun and creating memories were all perfect in Jackson's eyes. Mark, still a little uncomfortable at not being able to understand the younger man's attitude, cringed in his place.


"Here is very beautiful. I don't remember being that way when we were kids. "Jackson's comment seemed charged with nostalgia.

"Maybe because we've never seen the Ferris wheel before..." Mark tried to sound spontaneous, but his voice dropped.


Jackson looked at his best friend and thought he might have some grudge over the uncomfortable argument they had, but he wanted to show that it was just misunderstood. He took hold of Mark's hand and pulled it gently, which gradually gave way.

He pulled out what looked like a necklace of shells from his shorts pocket and handed it to Mark, who still did not quite understand where the other wanted to go with that.


"It's an offer of peace." He continued to see more was needed. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior from yesterday. You... you're my best friend, and maybe I see Jae as a threat. "

Mark smiled at Jackson. It was reassuring to hear about his friend's insecurity about his closeness to Youngjae, even though he had the impression that there was more to be revealed, but he preferred it to happen at the right time.


"Do not worry, Jacks." It was not really what he meant, but he did not want to ruin the cute moment.

 

"I hope our friendship lasts forever."

 

His hand was intertwined by Jackson, and there was one of the things he liked most about his best friend before he even knew he was in love with him: the smile of satisfaction he loved so much to see.


"It will."


It hurt to Mark to have to listen and agree to that, but he thought at least that Jackson would always be by his side, even if he continued to die of love for his best friend.