We're friends, right?

The Time of Our Lives

The day wasn't clear yet, but Jaebum was standing, getting ready to make your favorite activity, of course, after taking photos, his second favorite activity was: fishing. He had woken up around four in the morning. The initial idea was to get out before sunrise to catch the best fishes, but once he was woken, Jinyoung lying beside him caused him to get distracted, calling him with a low voice and asking him not to stand still and just stay there for a bit more. 

He had arranged to go with Mark to be able to enjoy some time together, since, after a few events, the two avoided each other a bit. And Jaebum like the other company, Mark was fun to be around.

Of course, he got another hour just standing there holding the boy he liked. Jaebum would never miss such an opportunity. But when Mark appeared in the room asking if he would go or not, was the cue to get up. Not before leaving a peak in the sleeping chubby cheeks he loved so much.

In the end, Mark and Jaebum were accompanied by  Yugyeom. The newest apparently had not slept very well and needed to talk to the elders about something very important that only two of them could help. The three were silent in the car, the sky was still clearing, but bathed the little path with early morning yellow rays in a beautiful way. Jaebum even asked Mark to take a picture for him, since he was driving, both tasks would get difficult. 

Yugyeom was complaining under the heat that was beginning to get more and more as the time passed by. 

"I can not believe I'm doing this ... I should have stayed in the house and asked for Jinyoung." The younger one said sly looking out the window while trying to get the sleep out of his body, rubbing his eyes smoothly.

"Yug, you wanted to come," Mark said after packing Jaebum's camera again. "After all, you like to fish? I never knew about it..."

"Of course I like! Sitting on the edge of a lake, waiting for the good fish to bite the worm, I love It very much. My favorite activity indeed."

Jaebum laughed to hear the taunts coming together of others' words. "You can stay at the boat Yug, it's more fun, and no need to fish if you do not want."

The three continued to talk about who would be on the boat, as Mark found a little wrong the younger stay with the boat alone, that was the coolest part, in the end, how they would take pictures holding the fisheries standing on the edge of the river? They had to be on the boat to be more realistic.

The path was not so long, had to leave town, but no more than forty minutes. When they arrived, Yugyeom was already more excited his sleepiness already out of his big body, even more now that he would stay with the boat alone. Jaebum packing his things to go down with the help of Mark, who was already using a tacky hat.  Yugyeom approached them.

"Wow, this is yours, Markie?" Yugyeom said a little shocked.

"No, It's JB. I would never spend my money on these fisherman hats." Mark's canines were visible. "I think it's well fitting, why do you ask?"

"Nothing. But we know that you are what you dress better here so I found it strange you wearing this kind of... Clothes. But never mind, well, now I'm the most fashionable one from our group because Bambam helps me choose the clothes. It is so amazing right?! He's so incredible!"

Jaebum and Mark exchanged knowing glances. 

"What do you want, Yug?" Jaebum said to see that the youngest would not stop talking. 

"Er... I just wanted to know if... Never mind." 

Jaebum stared at him with a raised eyebrow, while Mark held the laughter. The youngest, however, led the way down complaining as he was a coward or something like that.

The three had settled on the edge of the lake, complete set with some stools and all. A little bit far from them had a small pier where the object of discussion earlier was. A boat with dark wood, it seemed that was not used a long time, but Jaebum assured it was safe, it was not like the lake was too deep, anyway, no one would die. 

Jaebum and Mark were side-by-side, they looked at the bait of each stick floating in the dark water. When Yugyeom, who had gone for a walk, he decided to go back and join them.

"About earlier. I really need help."

Mark stretched and stared at him, Jaebum had done the same. The silence was taken as okay to continue.

"Bambam and I are going to have our first time today... What I need to know?"The way Yugyeom spoke was hit, all at once, making Mark choke on his own saliva and face even more the redhead sitting between him and the other dark-haired boy. 

Jaebum was holding his laugh, he thought the other was rather funny, especially when he spoke of these things at once, without shame, well, he had red cheeks, but his curiosity was bigger and he had little choice. 

"Yeah, what you want to know?" Jaebum said after a moment for Mark to recover.

"All? Like, I know it's different being with girls. Not that I know a lot about going all the way with girls, but I know it's different. I need to know how much different is it."

"Well, Mark what you have to say?" Jaebum asked looking at the friend, who seemed thoughtful. 

"The first thing you need to know is: you have to be calm." The American said, looking at the two next to him, who returned with a funny look, especially Yugyeom. "What else would you say, JB?"

"Well, a lubricant is also important. Like really" 

"Oh God, I feel like I'm talking about with my parents. I'll ride a boat... I can't take this for so long! "The younger one said getting up quickly, heading toward the small boat at the pier end.

The two elders looked at each other and started laughing top of the situation. The american boy  could have sworn that Jaebum had had relations with someone, and apparently he thought the same thing about Mark himself.

"So to say that we are not confident in talking about with boys..." Jaebum said his hair, ruffling it more. 

"I've had some experiences, y'know. But it is strange to talk about it with Yug, any other would be normal, but he is still a child."

"Well ... I don't know, my first time... don'tt look at me like that, Me and Jiyoung just went down to the second base with naughty hands here and there. Other than that, all I see it's on the internet." Jaebum said as if explaining something simple to a child. 

"So to say that you and Jinyoungie haven't done that?" Mark said it all in a way that his eyebrows up and down in a comical way.

Im gave him his answer with silence nod, but his ruddy cheeks gave him away. He had never said anything of it with a friend, was not going to deny that he was a little embarrassed.

"I don't know before I thought I had to be with a particular person, one that I really liked, but then after I gave up that idea and found someone." The American completed, only breaking the silence that formed after Jaebum's confession. 

"For the record, I and Jinyoungie not done anything and all because... you know... I want it to be special." 

"I didn't know you were the romantic type JB." 

"There are several things that do not know about me, Mark," Jaebum said looking Yugyeom, who was going more and more to the middle of the lake, he saw his friends watching, he made sure to wave happily. 

The American looked at him and smirked, seeing the youngest on the boat and wondering how he didn't know a lot of things in life. Their attention was drawn to the movement coming from Mark stick, apparently, he had caught a fish.

After having a little trouble pulling it to the edge, Jaebum grabbed his camera and asked that Mark held the animal to make a picture, just like those they used to see on the internet. After the signal that the photo had been hit, the American threw the fish back in the lake, going to sit next to each other that looked some pictures in your camera.

"Wow, the last time I caught one of these biggies was when I still wore wheels on bicycles with Jackson." The comment made both laugh Jaebum put his hand camera and looked at his friend. 

"I remember when I was younger, back home, a friend and I were pretending that had fish in the pool. And always after playing, we pretended to feed it for Lilo, one of my stuffed cats." 

The elder looked at him, he knew Jaebum was probably talking about Youngjae, after all, they were friends at a very early age. His silence was the cue for other to continue.

"It was nice to play with him, I think if it had not happened what happened, we would be like you and Jackson." 

"You think?" Mark wanted to say it was not as easy as it sounds, in fact, much he got intrigued with the direction the conversation was taking, he knew most things in Youngjae point of view that had already told him what happened when he left Jaebum, but now I have the opportunity to see the side of the same history.

His history with Jackson would never compare with the two.

"Of course, he was like a brother to me. We were super glued, I lived alone in the house and he spent every afternoon there... But one day it was over." Jaebum said nostalgia in his voice, could see a heavier tone. He didn't notice the discomfort of the other and just continued. "He... He was just gone. He didn't tell me anything, from one day to the other, I had lost my best friend. Mark, I don't know if you've been through it, but it's a horrible feeling."

The American broke the look that he had with Jaebum and looked ahead. He didn't know that Jaebum had suffered so much, so if today he didn't speak a lot with Youngjae he had a good reason. And thinking about it, Mark never had a past event for such a situation like that, this could happen but he avoided it at all costs, deciding to not to declare to Jackson was just a defense mechanism. 

"But he really never came back?" Tuan said hugging his knees, not facing him. 

"Appeared. But you know, we changed, ten years after... I learned to be alone... As sad as that sounds." He finished with a laugh. "But everything changed after Jinyoungie appeared, you know, if it were not for him, I would not be friends with you today."

Mark can't help but smile, much as their group was a bit complicated, with too many things under the carpet, some bonds were genuine, he and Jaebum had their disagreements, but never let them be larger than the friendship they built. It could not be the strongest of all, but it was there and may continue even after a long time.

The quiet time was interrupted by a cry of Yugyeom, who apparently had fallen the boat. 

"My God, it doesn't seem that he was wondering what he should know about half an hour ago, such a baby," Jaebum said getting up, his rod forgotten on the floor. Jaebum headed to the small pier to try to help Yugyeom, who seemed to be very quiet for those who risked drowning. 

Mark followed him with a mischievous smile.

"Yug! Come closer to me to help you! "Im said, calling the child's attention, Yugyeom in the other hand had seen the American approaching making silence sign for him.

"What?" He shouted from where he was just to make time for Tuan to get there. 

"Come here!" He tried again this time placing his hand around his mouth to try to speak louder. 

At that time, Tuan was already behind him, and taking advantage of the distraction of Jaebum to call the attention of the younger, pushed him in the water. After a few grunts of complaints, because the water was cold, Jaebum approached the pier where Mark was. Jaebum called out to him to help him out of the ice water. Yugyeom had approached the two, saw the smile that Jaebum had.

The time was enough that Mark just screams for help, Jaebum had the pulled him into the water too. 

The three had totally forgotten fishing and just playing in the lake as teens who had no worries in the world. Mark and Jaebum no longer had that tense air early and Yugyeom just had fun playing water in the face of friends.  Forgetting what he would do in the night, he would find a way, after all, he always worked things last minute, today wouldn't be different.

(...)

Meanwhile, at home, Jinyoung and Youngjae were talking while sitting in the kitchen taking up their respective tea. Once Jaebum was up, Park slept only for a few minutes, he couldn't get comfortable in that makeshift double bed and so he decided to come down and do something to relax and try to go back to sleep.

Youngjae, in turn, had agreed with Mark out of the room even in the night to go fishing. He tried to go back to sleep but couldn't, seeing the Chinese at the other side of the bed, Youngjae couldn't explain really, Choi felt a little guilty of the latest developments, knew that he and Mark were not in the best terms and he had a share of the blame in this.

When he came down, I did not expect to find Jinyoung using one of the sweaters he knew it's Jaebum's, doing something on the stove. His presence was noted by the other who just smiled and offered him some tea, too, Youngjae couldn't find words to answer him so he just nodded.

Youngjae knew Jinyoung and Jaebum had something going on, he knew very well, but sometimes it still hurt to see him in the position he wanted to be. And it hurt, even more, to know that his friend had no fault in this.

After leaving the cup with tea in front of Choi, the eldest sat on his side in the kitchen counter. 

"Couldn't sleep, Jae?" He asked, always with that subtle tone, so soft. 

"Uh-huh. Jack moves too much for my own good. "A basic white lie wouldn't hurt. "And you? The snores Jaebum makes bothered you?"

A peal of small laughter filled the air. It was still early morning, so they couldn't make too much noise. Bambam and Jackson were still asleep.

"Not really, I couldn't sleep. When he woke up to this fishing with the boys thing, he unwittingly woke me up." Park said taking the cup to his lips. "And you know, I'm a light sleeper..."

Choi agreed, taking a sip of his tea too. 

"You know what? Jaebum reminds me of a friend when I was a kid." He needed to talk it with Jinyoung, not letting such an important part of his life known to his closest friend bothered him, and now seemed like the perfect situation for it.

At least it would be honest with Jinyoung. "They were very similar... especially the snoring part." 

In parts.

"Really?" Park said, one day at school he showed an audio of Jaebum snoring, just to prove the point of being difficult to sleep peacefully with it at home. In the end, the two just keep as a secret to make fun of Jaebum grandpa ways. 

"Uh-huh. He was funny. "Youngjae smiled weakly, he had not the heart to face each other. "I miss him sometimes."

"Have you tried to look out for him, Jae? He may miss you just as much, you know."

Choi smiled at the comment. 

"I don't think so. Not after I vanished without an explanation."

"Jae..." Jinyoung held his friend's hand that was on the counter. "You will never know until you try, and the important part is that you didn't move because you wanted to, it was something that your parents had to do and you were just a kid. Don't overthink this please."

Youngjae faced his friend, he didn't deserve Jinyoung and as much as he wanted to hate him for having won Jaebum for himself, he couldn't. Park Jinyoung was a wonderful person, diferent from everyone he had met in his sixteen years of life.  Youngjae could even see why Jaebum had fallen in love with the boy.

"Thank you, Jinyoungie. Thank you so much."

"Do not mention it." The smile he received wasn't ignored, Choi looked at those dark orbs of the other just seeing the sincerity and honesty. "By the way, I think this tea is taking effect. I'm starting to get sleepy again, we could sleep more, what do you think? "

"Don't know. Jackson moves a lot, and Mark is not to prevent me from being kicked, I think I'll stay down here anyway."

"Of course not!" Park said getting up. "You'll sleep there with me, I'm all by myself too, and the bed is big. Then we can go out to buy something from downtown for the boys' breakfast, Jaebum said they come back before lunch so, we have time to nap."

The smallest was willing to smile so Park pulled him by the hand to go up to the room. The teas were forgotten on the bench, as the two friends climbed whispering to try to go back to sleep. A weight had been left out, even if he had not been totally honest, whathe felt was lighter.

Maybe this was the gift of Park Jinyoung, with him there all would be good, for now, none of the worries returned, for now, he wanted to forget everything that surrounded this trip and enjoy the friends he had done. 

For now, he would just try to sleep.