Hangovers are bad but secrets are worse

The Time of Our Lives

The day started late for the boys in the house. Well, except for those who did not have to worry about a hangover. Jinyoung was already wide awake. It was seven in the morning and he couldn't feel more willing to do some stuff, after all, it would be the last day he and his friends would be together and a group. After that, each one would go their way, different colleges and all...

Therefore, he was prepared to prepare a surprise for everyone later on.

As he rose from the bed, he could see that Jaebum was sleeping heavily on his belly down and his arms were crooked, he knew that later he would complain of the pain, that made his heart soften he smiled with the thought of Jaebum asking him to do massage for him. He noticed that he still wore the same clothes from the night before. Jinyoung couldn't talk exactly when but he just remembered laying down and sleeping.

He probably slept while waiting for Jaebum to come out of the shower.

 

"After drinking that stuff and I shouldn't have been able to change..." He grumbled, changing into more comfortable clothes, disapproving of that attitude himself had done.

 

He didn't like to drink anything alcoholic, he just had an experience with a liquor that his father let him try, which resulted in a fit of cough and tears, that stuff was horrible. He was well aware that people did stupid things and did not even remember they had while drunk, deep in his mind he was trying to remember if something had happened the night before. This just reminded him why he preferred to stay drinking just water and iced tea.

He passed the room of the younger ones and could still smell the sweet scent .

As expected, no one has raised yet, so Jinyoung could cook a breakfast exclusively for himself with the greatest peace in the world without having a Jackson in pursuit, trying to get a piece of his fried bacon.

He barely gave the first bite of his pancakes, when Yugyeom and Bambam showed up in the kitchen smiling like two cheerful fools, startling Jinyoung, already imagining he would have to share his precious food and let them sit next to him on the counter.

 

"Hm, that looks really good, Jinyoung..." Yugyeom remarked looking at the elder's plate with begging eyes, Jinyoung in the other hand was looking serious and rolling his eyes.

"I'll do more for you guys," I said grudgingly, already getting up and picking up the washed pan in his hands. He wanted to give an answer because Kim was so abused, but decided to please the new couple just for today.

"If we were in a five-star hotel, our coffee would be served in bed." Well, Bambam could be more abused than Yugyeom. Jinyoung turned to them, still with the frying pan in hand, and a deadly look.

"I hope you're not suggesting what I'm thinking you are." If anyone asked, he'd say the frying pan slipped out of his hand.

"Of course not. Do you think I would do something like that? Never." Bambam pretended to be offended, but Jinyoung didn't even bother to respond.

"Do not worry, Bammie. The next one will be in the best hotel in town with breakfast in bad and even a jacuzzi in our bedroom." Yugyeom whispered to his boyfriend.

 

Jinyoung wanted to follow every step of this relationship, afteralll they were almost like his young brothers, well, annoying young brotheres. But part of him felt sorry for Yugyeom, he knew Yugyeom would do all Bambam's wishes, let's talk about whipped culture.

He could go to the moon and bring a piece of it just to see the other happiness. It has never been a secret to anyone that the Thai boy didn't come from a family as fortunate as everyone on their circle of friends, but he was sure that Bambam wasn't a person going after money.

Especially Yugyeom's money.

Bambam was a person of many qualities if Jinyoung had to say himself. He always worked hard to help his family and never let anyone humiliate him for doing so, and Jinyoung was happy to know that Yugyeom's mother was not against him dating a boy.

Let's be real here, deep inside his heart he hoped for them to go together for a long time.

 

"Here it is." Jinyoung set the plate with freshly made pancakes in the middle of the counter.

 

They ate in silence. Sometimes he had to listen to giggles or witness sweet moments, like Bambam giving food in Yugyeom's mouth, which made the older man look at them discreetly and fake a cough to make them realize they were not alone.

While they ate, Jinyoung mentally planned what they needed for the camp that would be made on the beach when he heard his name being called a little too loud.

 

"What?" He answered hoping that he would not need to cook anything else for them. Because he had plans to finish after all.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Jinyoung made a sound to him to continue. "What do you do less the pain in your back and the... you know... that place?" Jinyoung opened in shock and didn't even notice that he put his fork down on the plate. Yugyeom had those big puppy eyes expecting a reply.

 

And for Bambam, that bastard was holding himself to not laugh aloud.

 

"Oh my gosh, Yug, for God's sake? We are eating and it is not even eight in the morning. I am not obliged to hear it or even answer this kind of stuff. Jesus Christ."

 

He waved his hands in the air in a sign of indignation and hurried to collect the dishes to occupy the mind with things that were not related to the image of Yugyeom and Bambam in ual activities. But he could not help but hear the conversation in a whisper, they were right there after all.

 

"Why did you ask, you marron? Made it seem like I can not walk! "The Thai boy exclaimed indignantly, slapping the other, and Jinyoung wanted to disappear.

"But you said it hurt! And do not beat me up, I'm trying to help here. And get ready because we need to go to the doctor. "

"That's normal, stop being paranoid. It is something simple that is solved with a hot water bottle. No need to go to the hospital."

"I should have held you when you told me to go more..."

 

"OKAY! You're done for today. Get out of my kitchen!" Jinyoung put a stop to the conversation he was being forced to take indirectly. "You," he pointed at Yugyeom. "Stop the drama he's going to be alright... And you."He pointed to Bambam, who laughed at the other's scolding, then grew serious."Stay under the hot water for some time."

 

He left the kitchen impatiently.

Jinyoung walked to the stairs, finding Jackson in a more rumpled blouse than his face barely woke heading to the kitchen, he didn't meet his eyes and for that Jinyoung could not understand why, but it must be his hangover. The Chinese boy was another person when he got those.

Going up the stairs he saw the half-open door of the room that the Chinese shared with Mark and Youngjae, and decided to close it so as not to wake the two, who seemed to sleep peacefully.

He couldn't control a smile that grew in his face. Everything was going well for both of them, Youngjae needed to be happy too.

When he got in the room he shared with Jaebum, he wanted to wake him up with slaps to send him to the shower, cursing him for having impregnated the bedclothes with the smell of alcohol, but he decided to not do it he only sat next to him with his back on the headboard, hoping Jaebum'd wake up to be able to tell what I had planned for the day.

 

They had to enjoy every minute of this trip.

 

(...)

 

Youngjae awoke from his sleep with that infernal headache. He couldn't remember the last time he drank as much as the night before, but he knew it was not enough to erase from his mind what he had done.

Maybe he should not have listened to Mark's advice drunk and acted on impulse. He had no will and didn't even know how to face Jaebum, or worse, Jinyoung.

 

Does he remember anything?
Has anyone seen it?

 

He hunted on his cell phone, seeing that it was past ten in the morning. He mumbled something and d for Mark's body. He remembered vaguely that after he had humiliated himself once more for Jaebum, he ran into the bedroom and found the American in a bath, wearing only a pair of shorts and almost falling asleep. He didn't think twice about changing quickly and throwing himself into the other's arms.

Even though half sleepy, Mark asked if something had happened, and Choi just said he would tell it the next day. He fell asleep feeling the almost imperceptible in his hair.

But he was surprised when he didn't feel the other close to him. He moved a lot while he slept, yes, but it was not so bad as to make Mark fall out of bed. He lifted the top of his body, regretting it at once after the bang in his head.

He searched desperately for the older man, not even remembering that Jackson might be there too.

 

"Looking for me?"

 

He heard Mark's voice coming from the bathroom of the suite and his eyes filled with water. He was the only person who could help him at that moment. He turned to the direction of the voice and found the other with a towel wrapped around his neck, wearing simple clothes and wet hair, smiling at him, but his tired face was more evident.

Youngjae tried to hold back the tears, but it was difficult to keep his pose before the person who had always confided his secrets for so long.

 

"Hey, what is it?" Mark approached worriedly from the bed, sitting next to younger wiping his face with his hand.

"I think I ed everything up, Mark..." He tried to contain his sobs.

"What did you do, Jae?" Mark hoped he had not spoken so harshly, but couldn't help but be concerned about some information about the two having leaked.

 

However, seeing the youngest in that state, keeping his appearance for the other was no longer so important.

 

"I feel awful... Jinyoung... doesn't deserve a friend like me..." Youngjae said through the sobs. Mark already showed signs of anxiety wanting to know the reason for it all, because the world seemed to have collapsed for Youngjae right in front of his eyes.

 

It was necessary for the older man to hold Youngjae's face so that he would speak.

 

"Jae, pay attention." His swollen red face tried not to shake Mark's heart. "Do not worry, I'll find a way to help you no matter what."

 

Youngjae's cheeks felt the warmth of Mark's hands, and from the look of the other, there was security in there. He wanted to think that everything that had happened was a nightmare, but it seemed so alive for him as if he could feel Jaebum's mouth with his every time he his lips.

In all the years he imagined kissing Jaebum, nothing really prepared him for when it happened. He thought it would be romantic or even surprising just like the movies, but if he was mistaken, in those they didn't need to cover up the other's vision for him to not know who is he kissing.

Deep down, he expected Jaebum to noticed that kid he met at dinner and started to love him just like Youngjae love him, but Jaebum wasn't more an eight years boy and he had already changed.

 

Both of them, Jaebum and Youngjae were unrecognizable.

 

Youngjae took a deep breath to create courage and tell Mark what he did, but before he could, they were interrupted by the door being opened suddenly and Jackson appearing in his vision. He faced them with a mixture of anger and disappointment.

The American quickly backed away from Youngjae, noticing that they were very close as if this would reverse the Chinese's expression.

 

"Hurry up, Jinyoung has something to tell for everyone." Jackson just said it and left.

 

For a second Youngjae forgot what he was about to say.

 

"We'd better get down soon." That was all Mark had said before he returned to the bathroom.

 

Maybe he was not the only one there that had the world crumbling down

 

(...)

 

Returning to the room where the other four friends were meeting, Jackson wanted to leave. Even though he'd gone a little over with the drinks, he remembered perfectly what he'd seen before Jaebum bumped into him last night, leaving the kitchen stunned.

He remembered Youngjae being stunned in the middle of the kitchen. But some things from these memories he didn't quite remembered, some of this pieces wouldn't fit in his head: why had Youngjae kissed Jaebum if Jinyoung said loud and clear that he would declare his love to Mark?

He stopped thinking as soon as the two that were missing came down. Youngjae kept his head down and turned away from the vacant place beside Jinyoung, preferring to stay on the ground not on the stools. The strange attitude did not go unnoticed by the older boy, who already was talking to the others.

 

"Let's get right to the point." Jinyoung seems to forget why he asked to meet everybody for a brief second but just as quickly he came back "I was planning to camp on the beach today."He smiled contentedly.

 

The idea seemed to sound like something childish, but Jaebum was the first to give his full support. Pretending, Jackson thought with a twitch of his eyes at this moment he was judging the other so hard.

The others just followed agreeing with Jinyoung. Even unwilling Jackson agreed with the idea, perhaps they would sit quietly to talk about these strange events and get everything straight.

 

"Let's do it like this then: Jaebum and Yug are going to get firewood for the fire, Mark, Jackson, and Bambam take things to the beach... And Jae and I are going to prepare the snacks." He dictated as if he were organizing a camp with children.

 

Well, he was.

 

"Why do I have to stay away from my boyfriend?" Bambam complained, possessively holding Yugyeom's middle.

"You will not die if you stay away from him for like two hours." It was amazing how Jinyoung's impatience came quickly when it came to the younger ones. "Or do you prefer to carry weight and get dirty?"

 

He had to play dirty especially with Bambam.

 

Jackson had to recognize that Jinyoung was the manipulator of their group, and would surely leave Mark close behind. For that thought, he let a small laugh out.

Bambam thought a little, really deciding between staying with his boyfriend and getting dirty, and just carrying some things and not getting dirty. "Sorry, Yug. But you know, I do not want to ruin my shoes. They are new..."

 

"I've been waiting for that. Don't worry." The youngest of the group did not seem to mind, he must have known his boyfriend well.

 

It may be that Youngjae tried to protest about having to stay with Jinyoung and it might be more helpful to do something else, like organizing the bedrooms. But Jinyoung made a good point to stay with him in the kitchen. Youngjae didn't protest after that, he was no longer with that debauched, confident stance he used to have. And Jackson seemed to have enjoyed seeing this weakness.

After they had made a list of what they needed, each group went to their chores. Being with Mark was no longer so enjoyable, even more so after running away from at least a couple tries from the other trying to kiss him. Jackson felt somehow uncomfortable.

It was like having lived with a stranger, he no longer knew that boy who told everything to him, or as of how he discovered recently, almost everything. Mark didn't seem like his best friend anymore.

He avoided looking at his best friend, however much he might need it, especially when he needed to know where to get the tents and sleeping bags. As children, these details were taken care of by the adults or the older sisters of the American. Mark seemed to notice that, so avoiding each other was mutual.

 

As Jackson made his way to the beach with Bambam in his tail and whining about being away from Yugyeom, he filled his head with other things.

 

One hour or another he would have to talk to Mark about what happened at the party. Maybe the older man was just confused as he was. Jackson didn't want to do anything to him in that state if they were to kiss, they had to be sober to do so.

They returned at least three times in the house to carry the rest of the things, and hoped to give his pile of things to Bambam to take while he tried to get some information from Mark, but this one, when throwing for the Thai boy a sleeping bag wrapped with a force bigger than necessary, changed his mind.

The brunet was capable of doing some damage when he was mad.

In the kitchen, the silence was more than torturous to Jinyoung. In normal times, he would be laughing at some exaggerated performance that Youngjae was masterful at making while preparing some snack they invented on one of his many boring evenings. But this time, there was no laughter or singing, just the sound of the knife against the cutting board.

 

"Jae..." He decided to start a dialogue or something.

 

The other was so focused on his share of chopping vegetables that he could barely hear Jinyoung begging for attention.

 

"Jae." Jinyoung tried again, this time putting his hand on Youngjae's to stop what he was doing. The younger one seemed startled to be touched. "Are you okay?" He had to ask, even though he already knew the answer.


"What? Ah, yes... I am." His lie could not even convince himself, who would say Jinyoung, the manipulator himself.

"Well, you're not. Your face is swollen and your eyes are red." He felt a pang of sadness for the other unable to share what he felt with him.

"Oh, that's nothing. I think it must be an allergy, the ac is hard inside, y'know..." He was not looking at Jinyoung.

"Just tell me you didn't use any drugs at yesterday's party, please." Park sounded a little playful, however, there was some truth in his words.

 

Just having heard the word yesterday, Youngjae felt his stomach wrap. He managed not to vomit everything right there. Jinyoung turned serious again and decided to take the knife from the other's hands and hold him gently by the shoulders.

 

"Already. Tell me what happened. "

" Nothing. "

"I thought the night was good for you, since you and Mark- "He was interrupted by Choi's quick cough, and he almost thought the boy was having an asthmatic crisis.

"Jinyoung, how can you be my friend? You're so good to me ... "He saw a solitary, thick tear fall from the youngest's eye and despaired.

"I am your friend because I like you. These things do not have a scientific explanation, however much I sometimes wish I had... "

"There are many things that need an explanation and maybe our friendship is one of them." Jinyoung opened his mouth to stop him, but Choi was faster. "I've made the wrong decisions, and when all of this comes to light, it could end up hurting some people. But I did not want to..."

 

Youngjae just allowed himself to cry like a child and repeating that he had not done it wrong. Jinyoung was really desperate to know what had happened, but he thought it best not to ask any more questions, for the time being, only to support the other.

It was a little out of the box when the three in the house appeared in the kitchen and Jinyoung had to pretend everything was in the most perfect order. Bambam was a bit worried and before he could get any closer, Jinyoung asked him to fetch something in the pantry.

Mark did not know if he supported his friend or stood next to Jackson, who did not express any reaction seeing the younger one crying silently.

 

He would not fall for Youngjae's mental games anymore.