CHAPTER 7

Cider and Honey

A few weeks pass faster than Yoongi would like. After his ‘talk’ with Jungkook and Jimin he had gone back to Hoseok’s apartment, back to change and to get ready for bed, but the other wasn’t there. Hoseok never answered the door when Yoongi had knocked and wouldn’t pick up his phone no matter how many times Yoongi called or texted him.

So, Yoongi had left and pushed himself back into the rain until he walked up the steps to his own dorm on campus. His roommate wasn’t there either, his side of the room empty and baren, void of any sign of a human living there. Yoongi hadn’t even noticed the other boy had moved out. He’d been spending all of his time at Hoseok’s the past month and a half.

The room was cold and dark, the light bulb in the overhead light burnt out and needing to be replaced. It was similar to how Yoongi was feeling- burnt and worn out, too tired to actually do anything about it. He had changed his clothes and thrown himself on the stiff mattress of his bed and had fallen into a restless sleep.

Things haven’t changed too much since that night. He meets with Hoseok every other day and night, they work on their assignments together and whatnot. They’re basically an item at this point, just haven’t actually labeled what they are to one another yet. Yoongi knows how he feels about Hoseok, and the other has said how he feels about Yoongi.

So why does he still feel a twist in his gut every so often? Why does he feel uneasy about them and their relationship so frequently?

Maybe it’s the fact that Hoseok cheated on Jimin. Maybe Yoongi thinks Hoseok will do the same to him. That mantra, “once a cheater, always a cheater.” flows through his head on occasion. Maybe there’s some truth to it. But in this case, Yoongi is no better than Hoseok. He was conscious of his actions, of the things he was doing after he found out Hoseok was taken. It makes him no better than a cheater himself, makes him a homewrecker. 

Maybe him and Hoseok really are perfect for one another. 


 

| |

 

“Hoseok are you sure there isn’t anything you want to talk about?”

Hoseok looks up from his cup of coffee, up to the man sitting across from him. Namjoon is clean cut in his uniform, the folds and layers crisp and neat on his stout frame. He always looked good in uniform, but now that he was officially apart of the police force, there was new attractive quality to him. He had a new and confident air to him, something Hoseok was glad to see present after all of his years seeing Namjoon as a quiet book worm. 

One thing that hasn’t changed, though, is his ability to read Hoseok like the back of his hand. It’s one of the reasons he’s so good at his job to begin with- the man is good at figuring people out. 

“I know something’s going on, Hoseok.”

Hoseok fiddles with the handle of his coffee mug. He’s not sure if he’s ready, or even able, to fully tell Namjoon what’s happened. He’s been in a rut lately and he knows it’s all his fault, but it’s Jimin’s as well. He’s not the only one who did something terrible in this situation. 

“Jimin and I broke up.” He says.

Namjoon practically chokes on his drink, hand coming up to wipe the excess that drips down his chin. 

“You what?”

“We broke up, Joon. Like broke up broke up. It’s definitely over between us.” 

“You’ve got to be ting me.”

Hoseok isn’t surprised at Namjoon’s reaction. Namjoon had been one of their best friends since they’d started school. Namjoon was the one who introduced Hoseok to Jimin, and they’d all been great friends since. Except for these past few months, that is. Namjoon’s been off doing his own thing and Hoseok and Jimin have been doing theirs. 

“How’d it happen?”

Hoseok takes a sip from his mug, “We both cheated. Called him out on it in the library and we had a huge meltdown in front of everyone. Quite the way to go out if you ask me.” 

Namjoon doesn’t say anything, only levels him with a look that says he knows Hoseok isn’t telling him the whole truth. 

“Joon don’t give me that look.”

“Hoseok, you and Jimin were doing fine. You guys were perfect together, you don’t just suddenly decide to cheat on one another unless something drastic had happened.”

Namjoon sits quietly, waiting for Hoseok to say something. To tell him he’s right, most likely. Hoseok grumbles about how it’s not fair that Namjoon uses his police skills to pry the truth out of him. 

“He cheated first. Then I did. And that was the end of it.”

“I have a hard time believing that Jimin cheated on you, dude. No offense, but Jimin is a literal sweetheart, there’s no way he’d pull something like that.”

Hoseok scoffs, “Well, he did, Joon.”

“With who though?”

“Remember Jungkook?”

Namjoon stills, confused for a second as he thinks. Eventually it comes to him and he gasps.

“Oh , that Jungkook? Jimin’s best friend growing up?”

Hoseok nods.

“Damn. That’s rough, Hoseok, I’m sorry.”

“It is what it is. He got tired of me and moved on.” Hoseok doesn’t hold back his bitter tone. He’s still obviously bitter about the whole thing. 

“It’s just so hard to believe that Jimin would do something like that, that you’d do something so damaging, Hoseok. That’s really out of character for you. Jimin too.”

Hoseok groans, “Look, Joon, I’m not here to be analyzed by you, I just wanted to have a normal ing day and not have to worry about this damn break up for once.”

Namjoon sighs, running a hand through his slick-backed hair. He apologizes and takes a long sip of his drink. The two sit in silence after, both contemplating. 

“So, what’d you do?” 

Namjoon breaks their silence to ask the question, one Hoseok had been hoping the other wouldn’t ask. But why wouldn’t he? Hoseok cheated after all. 

“Messed around with a guy from one of my classes. Yoongi something.”

Namjoon raises a brow, “You sound like you’re really invested in this guy.”

“Hardly.”

“Hoseok-”

“Look, I don’t even like him like that. He was just always… there, I guess. And Jimin was always out with Jungkook doing whatever the they do and Yoongi was always right there. God, he’s so touchy, so clingy. It was just easy, to give in to him.”

“Hoseok, hate to break it to you, but that doesn’t really excuse your actions, either. And what about this poor Yoongi guy? You’re putting him through the ringer because you were mad Jimin was out ing with Jungkook. Not really fair to him now is it?”

Hoseok hates Namjoon sometimes. Really really hates him, because in one way or another he’s always right. Always has been and always will be. 

“Look, you and Jimin both cheated, right?” Namjoon asks. He waits for Hoseok to answer before continuing.

“Yeah.”

“Okay, so you can’t change that fact. You both cheated, you both have to move on, but you clearly don’t have any real feelings for this Yoongi guy and that’s just cruel. You’re leading him on when it seems like he genuinely likes you.”

Hoseok groans.

“Listen, Hoseok. I don’t care if you and Jimin apologize and make up or not with one another but you need to lay it straight with this Yoongi guy. Not just for his sake, but for yours, too. You need to move on and I don’t think the best way to do that is with the guy you cheated on your serious partner with.”

Hoseok gets up from his seat and puts a tip down on the table, grabbing his coat and saying a goodbye to Namjoon.

“Yeah yeah, got it Joon. It was nice seeing you but I’m not in the mood to be lectured. I’ll call you sometime soon.”

And with that, he leaves. The walk to the bus stop is cold, as it usually is nowadays. He feels a bit bad about leaving Namjoon like that, but he’s tired, and definitely not in the right mindset to listen to reason. 

He also just doesn’t want to admit that Namjoon is right, like he always is. There’s a reason people refer to Namjoon as the smarter one out of the two. Clearly Hoseok doesn’t know about literally anything anymore, either. 

Hoseok is stepping towards the bus stop when the rain starts. He’d left Yoongi back at his place, had left abruptly and hadn’t told the other where he was going. Yoongi had been pressing for him to talk with Jimin, to work out the harsh things they’d said between them. Hoseok wasn’t ready for that, though, didn’t think he’d ever be. He was still too angry over everything that had happened.

The bus pulls up to the stop with a creak, its wheels and gears groaning. Hoseok steps up and takes a seat in the back, his phone buzzing in his pocket. It’s a text from Yoongi.

 

Hey, I cleaned the apartment and had to go to work. I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to go see Jimin and Jungkook after my shift is over. I need to sort some things out with them both myself.

Love you, Hoseok.

Don’t be mad, please.

 

Great. Now Yoongi’s meddling in things he’s barley involved in. 

Just great.

 

| |

 

“Jungkook, could you turn down the heat for me please?” Jimin asks from the living room. 

Jungkook had just gotten out of the bathroom, out from a shower. His hair is wet and the apartment is freezing, unnaturally so since Jimin keeps asking him to turn the heat down. It’s started getting colder outside and now their apartment is beginning to be the same temperature outside. 

It’s annoying that Jimin is always hot lately, but it’s something Jungkook can handle. 

“Jimin you’re really going to freeze me out at this point.” Jungkook yells from hall. He walks to the bedroom, looking through his drawers for a shirt to wear. He rummages and rummages and keeps coming across Jimin’s shirts and shorts, too small for Jungkook to wear himself. 

They’ve only been living together for a short while, but Jimin’s things have started to mingle into Jungkook’s own. Jungkook can’t go through his closet or any of his dresser drawers without finding something of Jimin’s.

Not that he’s complaining, though.

It’s not as bothersome as he had thought it would be. And having an alpha’s scent around, smothering his clothing and furniture, doesn’t bother his omega, either. Jungkook actually welcomes it, for once.

But he’s not going to let Jimin know that. 

Eventually he finds a shirt that’s comfortable. He puts it on and then finds a pair of sweatpants to wear over his shorts, throwing on a hoodie for good measure. It really was freezing in the apartment.

Walking into the living room and headed towards the kitchen, Jungkook sees Jimin. The older is sprawled out on the couch, hand-held fan in his grasp blowing it on his face. He alternates between his neck and lifting his shirt up to fan his stomach. Even from across the room Jungkook can see the drops of sweat littering the side of Jimin’s face and neck. 

“Jimin, are you sure you’re feeling alright?” Jungkook asks.

Jimin groans and sits up, grabbing the empty glass sat on the coffee table and walking to the kitchen sink. He fills it full of water and then downs it. 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just really ing hot.” 

Jimin fills the glass again and sips from it idly. Jungkook stirs through the pan of stirfry he’d started working on before he’d gotten in the shower. Jimin was supposed to have been keeping an eye on it but it looks like he’d forgotten. Jungkook salvages what he can from the pan and puts the contents onto plates for the both of them. 

“Looks good Jungkook.”

Jimin sidles up to Jungkook’s side, still sipping from his glass. Jungkook can feel the heat coming off of Jimin’s skin, radiating from him. Jungkook turns to him, brining the back of his hand up to rest against Jimin’s forehead. 

It’s warm, really warm.

“Are you sure you don’t have a fever, Jimin? You’re really hot.”

Jimin takes a breath, eyes closing. Jungkook keeps his hand there, wiping a bit of the sweat accumulating on Jimin’s hairline, down the side of his face to his neck. Jungkook wipes the drops onto his shirt.

“Yeah, Kook, ‘m fine. Think I just need some rest is all.” 

Jimin reassures him with a smile. His hand reaches to ruffle Jungkook’s damp hair and grabs their plates, leading them to the table to eat.


 

| |


 

Jungkook comes home the next day from classes to see Jimin, bare and as the day he was born, laid out on the bed asleep. A towel is gripped loosely in his hand and the ends of his hair are wet. He must of gotten out of the shower and crashed.

Jungkook only briefly glances at the other boy, the smell of cider overwhelming him, permeating through the room like a thick fog.  He does notice though, that Jimin’s skin is flushed, shiny with sweat.

Jungkook wonders if Jimin really is getting sick and just isn’t doing anything about it, is choosing to not acknowledge it. The other has been more out of it the past few days. It’s likely he’s just developing a fever and hasn’t taken medicine for it yet. 

Jungkook goes to the kitchen to fetch something for Jimin to take when he wakes up, bringing a glass of ice water as well. Jungkook places the items on the bedside table, cleaning up the area a bit as he does so. He takes the towel from Jimin’s hand and picks up some of the laundry on the floor, throwing it into the hamper in the corner of the room. 

Jungkook’s closing the lid when he hears a noise, a small moan, come from Jimin. It instantly sends a shiver running down Jungkook’s spine, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. Jimin’s features are scrunched up, lips parted and noises filtering out. His hands fist the cover on the bed and the skin of his neck flushes a deep red. 

Jungkook stills, not knowing what to do or how to react. When he hears another obscene sounding moan ring through the room he snaps out of it, tripping over his feet in a struggle to get out of the room as fast as he can. He closes the door and hurries to the living room, putting his shoes back on and putting his headphones in, deciding to go for an afternoon walk.

A spur of the moment decision, really. Jungkook likes walks enough, what better time to go on one?


 

| |


 

Later on in the evening, Jungkook doesn’t acknowledge what had happened, what he’d witnessed. Jimin doesn’t even seem to know Jungkook had come home that afternoon at all. They continue their evening like they normally do, telling about their days. Jimin is still having heat flashes, can’t seem to shake them no matter how hard he tries.

When it’s time for bed, Jimin instantly falls asleep, tired and spent from the days events it seems. Jungkook, on the other hand, can’t shake the images that flit through his mind. Images of Jimin from this afternoon. He can’t shake the fact that Jimin had been laying here mere hours before having a wet dream of all things.

Needless to say, Jungkook has a restless night of sleep. 


 

| |


 

A few days later, Jungkook wakes up in the middle of the night, mind cloudy with sleep and fatigue weighing his body down. There’s a weight settled on his back, around his waist. Jungkook realizes it’s Jimin in his hazy state, pressed against his back and arm slung tight around him. Jungkook goes to move, heat coming off of Jimin in waves and making him sweat. The room is stifling and hot as hell. He’s sure they both had turned the thermostat down to freezing temps to get rid of the satanic demon heat dwelling in the apartment as of late. Looks like it didn’t work. 

Jungkook shifts, going to get up and check the temperature of the apartment again, mentally making a note to call the landlord about it tomorrow. His hand reaches for Jimin’s wrist around his side and attempts to move it when a growl, low and deep, rips through the room.

Jungkook freezes. He doesn’t move as another growl ripples through Jimin’s chest and the arm around his waist tightens. Jungkook feels a nip at the back of his neck, on his shoulder, teeth grazing sharp enough to leave a mark, but not hard enough to break skin.

It’s a warning.

Jimin, deep in sleep, curls further into Jungkook’s back. Jungkook stills, his omega willing him to relax in Jimin’s hold. Jungkook slumps into the mattress, backing himself deeper into Jimin’s arm and chest, as much as possible. He hears, and feels, a satisfactory purr come from the older, and there’s a tender at the warning marks he’d left mere seconds ago.

It isn’t until a few minutes later when the heat becomes unbearable and Jungkook feels something hard against his backside, Jimin scooting as inhumanly close to him as he can, does he realize.

Jimin’s going into his rut. 

Jungkook panics for a second, all the past weeks actions from Jimin pointing to all the signs of a rut starting. God, how could they be so stupid to not realize it. They’re both in their twenties for crying out loud it’s not like they’re freshman in high school learning about alpha and omega biology for the first time. In any case, Jimin should have been more aware at least. 

Jungkook thinks about the situation they’re in. It’s a thursday night, neither one of them have classes tomorrow and then they’re free for the weekend. Jimin should be almost over it by the time Monday comes around. But does that mean Jungkook will have to stay here, with Jimin during it?

He’s never experienced a rut before, hasn’t even experienced a ing heat yet and here he is stuck in his bed with a rut hazed alpha clinging to him. Jungkook wills his heart to slow down it’s beating, to calm himself. He isn’t going to be of any help if he’s too worked up to actually provide any coherency for them both. 

Jungkook attempts to move out of the others grasp, “Jimin, wake up.”

Another growl rips it’s way out of Jimin’s throat and has Jungkook freezing. His omega reacts instantly, as much as he doesn’t necessarily want it to. Jimin’s grip around him and his teeth on the nape of his neck, a low hum coming from deep in his chest, has Jungkook whimpering, cowering in the others hold. 

He hates it, hates that he doesn’t have much control in the situation; but a part of him also loves it, a part of himself he hasn’t taken the time to fully address yet. 

Jungkook talks as quietly and as calmly as he can manage, “Jimin, you’re going into your rut.” 

Jimin noses at the back of Jungkook’s neck, his hand roaming up and down his chest, inching further and further down. 

“I know I am, Jungkook. But you’ll be a good omega for me won’t you? Be a good omega for your alpha?” 

Jimin’s breath is hot on Jungkook’s ear, his lips warm on his skin as he mouths at his neck, teeth grazing down and down until they’re placed over the sensitive skin where his scent gland is. Jimin and teeths at the spot, his hands roaming, under Jungkook’s shirt and on his chest, Jimin’s length hard and rubbing against him and his hand sinks further and further and past the waistband of his pants.

With the hitch of his breath and Jimin’s satisfied growl, Jungkook loses himself. 


 

| |


 

“Mine, mine, mine,” Jimin growls and growls the words into Jungkook’s ear, over and over again. “Such a good omega for me. You’re doing so well Jungkook. My omega-“

His words cut off as he s harder into Jungkook, insistent, grip bruising and tight. 

Jungkook’s breath hitches and hitches, gasping for a solid breath of air, his body sliding father and further up the bed.

“Yours, alpha.” He hears himself say. 

Heat at his skin, burns a fire in his gut, and overwhelms him when Jimin sinks his teeth into his skin. Dissatisfaction and disappointment bubble within him when it’s on the skin below his ear and not in the juncture of his neck. A whine escapes his lips, loud and needy. Jungkook would find it obnoxious and annoying if he were in a more coherent state.

“Shhh, Jungkook.”

Jimin and nuzzles Jungkook’s scent gland and the smell of cider fills Jungkook’s senses, clouds his brain and body as a wave of pleasure washes over him. 


 

| |

 

“Yoongi, I think we need to talk about something.”

Hoseok watches Yoongi as he looks up from his laptop, from the essay he’d been working on for the past hour. That’s how long Hoseok has been eyeing him at least, how long he’s been mulling over this thought in his mind. 

“What is it?”

Yoongi’s gaze on him is warm, trusting. Hoseok’s chest tightens every so slightly at what he’s about to say.

“I think we should end this.”