CHAPTER 11

Cider and Honey

Hoseok groans at the sound of someone knocking on his door, already knowing who it is. He ignores the little burst of excitement that burns in his chest for half a millisecond and squashes the feeling quickly. He turns the stove off and sets the food he was preparing for himself aside as he moves to answer the door.

 

There's another soft knock on the door as Hoseok reaches for the handle, opening the door wide to see none other than Kim Seokjin, dressed the same as always in a dark t-shirt and light-washed jeans with Yeontan held in his large hands. Seokjin gives him his usual blinding smile, full lips pulling back to reveal his perfectly white teeth and a hint of a dimple.

 

"We thought we'd stop by for dinner on our way back from our walk." Seokjin informs him.

 

Although, Hoseok knows that's a lie. Yeontan is one of the most unruly animals he's ever come into contact with and most certainly cannot be let off anywhere outside of Seokjin's apartment without a leash. And Seokjin has no leash, much less a collar on the dog, and he's perfectly dry. A telltale sign that he, in fact, was not out on a walk with Yeontan considering it's pouring down rain at the moment.

 

Hoseok doesn't bother to call him out on it though. He'd be lying if he said he doesn't enjoy the older's company while he eats. Besides, this has become their normal routine- Hoseok just happens to make a bit more than a normal serving size of dinner, Seokjin knocks on his door around 7:00 p.m. with the dog slung in his arms claiming they were on a walk, and then they proceed to have a meal together.

 

Sometimes Seokjin will even stay afterwards and watch a movie, the older falling asleep halfway through the films they watch a good majority of the time and making himself cozy on the couch. More often than not Seokjin stays over at Hoseok's place, and Hoseok lets him. Hell, he even keeps a pillow and blanket beside the couch now incase Seokjin wants to use them.

 

Contrary to what Hoseok originally thought would happen at first- Seokjin staying over well into the morning and silently demanding breakfast in the passive way he does with dinner- hadn't happened. There have only been two times that Hoseok has counted where he's woken up to get ready for classes and found Seokjin still asleep on the couch.

 

Those few times Hoseok had noticed Seokjin had been more tired than usual, the night before noticing the dark circles adorning the skin underneath his eyes. Hoseok had walked into the living room and had been abruptly surprised to see the older still laying there, dead asleep with his mouth hung wide open and provocative snores sounding out. Yeontan was nowhere to be seen, the usual routine with the dog it seemed.

 

Hoseok motions for the older to come in, stepping aside to let him pass by. Seokjin immediately puts Yeontan down and the dog scurries off to wherever he stashes himself away for the evening, leaving the two boys standing in the entryway. Seokjin struggles to take one of his shoes off, grabbing onto Hoseok for support as he grunts.

 

Hoseok watches, amused at the site, and patiently waits for the older to finish his helpless charade. Seokjin eventually gets both of his shoes off, lining them up neatly next to Hoseok's own and letting out a content sigh. He turns to Hoseok and gives him his blinding smile once again and walks into the apartment.

 

Seokjin instantly goes to the stove top, Hoseok on his heels behind him, checking to see what Hoseok had prepared for the two of them that night. He rummages through the cabinets to find clean plates for the both of them, grumbling under his breath about Hoseok not doing the dishes thoroughly.

 

Seeing Seokjin like this, acting in this manner, really makes Hoseok doubt the other is an alpha. If it wasn't for the others scent he would full-heartedly believe that the other is an omega like him. From day one Seokjin has acted nothing like his supposed class. To Hoseok, each class has expectations they're required to meet, the stereotypes that modern day wolves want to abolish.

 

Like Jimin, for example.

 

Thinking back on it, Hoseok isn't entirely sure how he put up with the other alpha for almost three years. Jimin was one of those guys who hated the stereotypes forced onto his class status, hated that in Hoseok's eyes and in the majority of people's eyes he was supposed to be this macho strong guy who is overbearing and used his alpha status to his advantage. Jimin was never like that, though. He always wanted to do things differently.

 

Maybe that's another reason they just didn't work out, besides the obvious of course. But despite Hoseok having such extreme ideals related to class, he's come to terms with the fact that not everyone abides by the supposed social class rules.

 

Seokjin especially.

 

But where Jimin was brash and forward about his disdain and hatred towards the class system and stereotypes forced upon him, Seokjin is more subdued. He doesn't voice his opinions on the matters that Hoseok and Jimin used to get into arguments about. If Hoseok wants to do the dishes or be the cleanly omega he's supposed to be, Seokjin doesn't comment or try to stop him like Jimin used to. In fact, he'll join Hoseok in the endeavors, and only nod his head when Hoseok tries to reiterate their class standings.

 

He ignores Hoseok most of the time it seems, or the information just goes in one ear and out the other. Like tonight. Seokjin ignores Hoseok's protests about setting the plates and getting the food for the both of them and does it himself, telling Hoseok to sit down and be thankful he's even doing it for him.

 

Hoseok doesn't know how they got to this point, really. Seokjin was familiar with him from the beginning, but Hoseok has surprisingly warmed up to the older boy. He's still a bit off-put by his actions and the way his alpha is, but he's not opposed to it. Lately Hoseok finds himself enjoying the presence of the other boy.

 

Hoseok watches as Seokjin piles the food onto their two plates, shuffling past Hoseok and to the small dining table. Seokjin puts the items down and sits across from Hoseok's seat, right where Jimin used to sit. Something twists in Hoseok's gut at the sight, but Seokjin's blinding smile and crinkled eyes washes it away.

 

It scares Hoseok.

 

It scares him how easily he's let the alpha warm up to him after such a short time. And it scares him how he's starting to become okay with the older man slowly creeping into his everyday life.

 

 

| |

 

 

"Jungkook, I really had no idea they were coming over, I swear."

 

Jimin hovers next to Jungkook as he closes the microwave door and opens the bag of steaming popcorn in his hands. Jimin's fingers wrap loosely around the hem of his shirt, a nervous habit Jungkook's picked up on that Jimin has. Anytime he thinks Jungkook is upset or uneasy, Jimin is right there by his side, clinging to him with his cute little fingers, his eyes wide and pressing.

 

Jungkook doesn't know why Jimin is so distraught with the idea that Jungkook is upset at him. He knew Jimin didn't know Taehyung and Yoongi were going to stop by, so he doesn't know why Jimin is so bent out of shape over it.

 

Jungkook finishes pouring the popcorn into a bowl for the two boys waiting on the couch in the living room. He wipes his hands on his pants, freeing himself of the oily butter, and wraps an arm around Jimin's waist and pulls him closer. He leaves a kiss on the crown of Jimin's head, hand drawing comforting circles along his side. Jimin nuzzles into the crook of his neck, rubbing his nose across Jungkook's scent gland.

 

Jimin's cider scent washes over Jungkook, putting him more at ease than he already was. He can still smell the sharpness to Jimin's scent, his worry showing through. Jungkook places another kiss on his alpha's forehead, moving his hands to cup the others jaw.

 

"Jimin what's got you so upset? I'm not mad they showed up, it's fine, really." He reassures the older, thumbing across his rose colored cheeks. Jimin's eyes bore into him, upset- distressed.

 

Panic fills Jungkook's chest, his instincts telling him to ease the others distress. Jungkook reaches down for Jimin's hand, pulling his wrist up and rubbing his nose against the soft skin. Jimin lets out a small sigh, the turmoil in his eyes dissipating slowly.

 

Jungkook moves to Jimin's neck, pulling the high collar of his shirt down, humming against the sensitive area when he nuzzles at it. He lightly kisses the alphas scent gland, letting their combined scents mingle and envelope them.

 

Jimin's arms find their way around Jungkook's waist, his nose brushing along his collarbone through the fabric of the omegas shirt. Jungkook embraces him the same way, settling his chin on top of the others head. He places another kiss to Jimin's hair.

 

"Feel better?" Jungkook asks.

 

Jimin nods his head, blonde wisps tickling Jungkook's skin.

 

"Yeah. I'm sorry." He mumbles into Jungkook's chest. "I guess I just got upset that our date night was interrupted."

 

Jungkook hums, "S'no problem. We can plan it for another night."

 

"But we've been so busy lately. I've barely gotten to see you." Jimin whines.

 

Jungkook can't see his eyes, but the alpha's voice is wet with emotion. His scent seems to be at ease, though his vulnerable tone doesn't show that at all. Jungkook would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed their date was interrupted either.

 

The two of them haven't gotten to see much of each other the past week and a half, both caught up in their studies, school work, and group projects due in a cluster over the next coming weeks. They'd both established they'd make time for tonight, would put aside all their work for the evening and have a nice relaxing night in watching movies.

 

And more than that if it came to it, to be honest. They hadn't really done anything... frisky, or anything of the sort, in a while. The both of them have been too caught up with work to actually try anything. But, Jungkook has come to find that despite their busy schedules getting in the way, Jimin still likes to tease. Either with a risque text sent to Jungkook during his classes or with a brush of his hand along the omegas waist as they pass one another by on campus.

 

Jungkook also has noticed Jimin has certain outfits he likes to put on that are just meant solely to rile Jungkook up, to get him into a heated frenzy and then leave him hanging, desperate and whiny. He has a pair of sweatpants, tight and a bit revealing, that he wears when he's wanting a little extra attention from his omega. Or, so Jungkook has picked up on.

 

He hadn't been the least bit surprised when he'd come home and found Jimin already shed off his day clothes and wearing the tight-fit pants cooking their meal for the evening. Jungkook had commented on the attire, but Jimin had acted coy, saying he had no idea what lewd intentions Jungkook was referring to. Jungkook decided to play along. Jimin had been teasing him way too much recently, Jungkook could handle a bit of revealing clothing. He likes to think so, at least. He thought he could for the evening, could hold out until the movie was actually over and it was almost time for bed.

 

His train of thoughts and anticipated evening was interrupted with Taehyung's loud and insistent knocking on the apartment door. The boy and Yoongi had been out wandering around and said they 'stumbled upon their apartment building and thought they'd say hi'. Jungkook knows that's a lie, though. Taehyung has a way of acting dumb about his true intentions when it comes to things like this. The boy just wants dinner but doesn't want to make it himself.

 

So, Jungkook and Jimin's place is where they come.

 

Jungkook sighs, breathing in Jimin's scent again, the hard cider smell calming his thoughts. He rubs his hands along the small of the alphas back, Jimin's hands squeezing him tight. He places a small kiss on Jungkook's neck, pulling back.

 

"I'm gonna go change into something else. I'll be back in a minute." Jimin says.

 

Jungkook gives him a brief peck on the lips, watching as Jimin leaves the room and heads down the hall to their bedroom. Jungkook can hear the muffled voices of Taehyung and Yoongi coming from the living room. They hadn't said why they were their other than to freeload on Jungkook's food, but Taehyung seems distraught. Or, more like dramatically distraught. The omega has always been theatrical in his explanations of things, and definitely so with his emotional happenings.

 

Jungkook walks into the dark living room, the light of the tv casting across the two omega's faces. They're both curled up on one end of the couch, knees up and legs touching. Yoongi's eyes are trained on the tv screen, watching the movie Jimin had picked out for them starting to play. Jungkook catches Taehyung's hands in fiddling with one of Yoongi's, the boy looking sullenly at the fingers caught between his own.

 

A deep sigh escapes Taehyung as Jungkook fully walks in. He sits down on the love seat instead of the couch, placing the fresh bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of Yoongi. They sit in comfortable silence until Taehyung sighs again, his shoulders lifting in an exaggerated huff. Jungkook eyes him for a second, but ignores it when Yoongi doesn't pay it any mind.

 

Jimin comes into the room a minute later, wearing a baggier pair of sweats and a loose white shirt, settling himself on the small cushion Jungkook is on. He snuggles up to Jungkook's side, the omega putting his arm around his shoulder and pulling him close. Jimin rests his head in the crook of Jungkook's neck, breathing his sweet honeyed scent. Jungkook feels him sink into his side, relaxed.

 

It's short lived though when Taehyung lets out another deep and whiny sigh, throwing his head back to meet the cushion of the couch behind him.

 

"Oh for god's sake, Taehyung, what?" Yoongi asks, irritated at his intent watching of the movie being interrupted.

 

Taehyung pouts, lips turning down and his eyebrows raising. It's such an innocent expression, like a kicked puppy, Jungkook thinks. Jimin lets out a small laugh, thinking the same thing. Yoongi rolls his eyes, ignoring the looks Jungkook and Jimin are giving him and taking Taehyung's hands into his own.

 

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. I won't snap at you like that again, you big baby." He says, mumbling the last part. His voice is thick with less than enthused emotion. Taehyung's eyes perk up instantly at the apology, his smile wide and teeth fully on display.

 

"Oh my god, I'm your baby." He coos, launching himself into Yoongi's side and wrapping his arms tight around the others middle. "That's so cute, Yoongi. You called me your baby. "

 

Yoongi sits limply in the position he's held in, Taehyung's grip tight and voice all giggly. Jimin bites back a smile at the display and Jungkook lets out a low whistle. Yoongi's eyes dart to the two and narrow. He glowers at them for a solid minute until Taehyung unravels himself from the other boy.

 

Jimin clears the air between the four of them, knowing Yoongi doesn't want to dwell on what just happened for too long. "So why the long sigh, Tae?"

 

Taehyung's expression falls, his eyes shifting from Yoongi's flustered expression to Jungkook and Jimin across the room. He curls a bit more closer to Yoongi, drawing his knees up to where they're rested on the others lap. Yoongi settles his hands on Taehyung's legs, fingers brushing faintly back and forth over the course fabric of his jeans.

 

"I want my dog back." Taehyung says.

 

Jimin waits for more to leave Taehyung's mouth but nothing comes.Jimin looks to Jungkook, the other boy quirking his eyebrow up in question, mirroring Jimin.

 

"Um... then go get him?"

 

Taehyung heaves a hearty sigh for what feels like the hundereth time, "It's not that simple, Jimin. Seokjin has him." He says the last part like it means something to Jimin and Jungkook.

 

Jimin's eyebrows narrow, though, obviously not impressed with Taehyung's response.

 

"I don't know why you don't just go and talk to Seokjin. It's not like you two dated that long anyway."

 

"Jimin don't-"

 

"In my opinion, you jumped way too quickly into a relationship with him. I mean, who moves in with a guy they've only know for- what, like two months? If that? That's ridiculous Tae, and you know it."

 

Jungkook rests his hand on Jimin's knee in warning. Jimin isn't fond of Seokjin, never was. He especially wasn't fond of him and Taehyung's relationship, even more-so when the omega has said he was moving in with the alpha after only knowing him for a little over a month.Taehyung had tried to explain the situation, attempted to defend himself when it'd happened, but Jimin hadn't been having it. He thought it was a reckless and idiotic decision to make.

 

Compared to Jimin's meticulous and planned out life and his steady relationship with Hoseok, it had been reckless of Taehyung. But, when Jungkook had listened to Taehyung talk about it with him one night while Jimin was out with a study group, Jungkook understood where he was coming from.

 

In all honesty, it was more Taehyung's wolf that had made the decision for him than anything. One look at the tall and broad alpha and Taehyung falling head over heels for him, his wolf going crazy that first time they met. So, Taehyung's impulsivity was understandable. Taehyung wasn't like Jimin and Jungkook, didn't let his mind dictate his feelings and hinder him from happiness. Taehyung always let his wolf take the reins, no matter the circumstance.

 

Sometimes it burned him in the end, but he always learned from his mistakes.

 

Jimin didn't understand that though. He never understood Taehyung's rash and bold behavior. Jimin is meticulous and constrained, and it takes a lot for him to do things out of the ordinary. Jungkook thinks that's why Jimin is so hard on the other when it comes to this topic, this always heated discussion. Ever since Taehyung had barged into their apartment that night, the results of him and Seokjin's breakup had been a sore subject. Doesn't help that Jimin beats the subject to death and won't let go of it.

 

Jungkook knows the other just worries for Taehyung, but he doesn't know how to expresses that adequately.

 

"Taehyung," Jungkook speaks up, "maybe you should just go get Yeontan back from him. It's been a couple months already, I know you miss him like crazy."

 

Jungkook glances to the man sitting next to Taehyung, hoping he doesn't hate him for suggesting his next idea.

 

"Yoongi could go with you. I'm sure it'd be easier to confront him when someone's with you, ya know?"

 

Yoongi's eyes widen in surprise, but he doesn't object. Taehyung moves to meet his eyes head on.

 

"Would you do that for me?" He asks, voice small.

 

Yoongi nods his head, the corner of his lips turning up and his hold on Taehyung's leg tightening. "Of course I would. What're friends for?"

 

Taehyung's smile returns full force and he gets up from the couch and runs to the kitchen, leaving the rest of them in silent confusion. He returns a second later, opened beer in hand, and chugs it, crushing the can in his hands when he's done and tosses it somewhere in the room.

 

"Allright Yoongi I'm ready. Let's go get my baby back!"

 

Taehyung marches to the entryway and out of sight, leaving the three of them alone in the living room. Yoongi glances towards Jungkook and Jimin, and then back to the entryway. They hear the door open and then the slam of it as it closes.

 

"Well," Yoongi says, " I guess that's my cue to leave."

 

Yoongi gets up from his spot on the couch and heads towards the door, leaving after a few moments. Quiet envelopes the room, Jungkook and Jimin basking in it.

 

"That didn't go how I expected it to," Jungkook says.

 

Jimin nods his head, the strands of his hair tickling Jungkook's skin, "Yeah, but at least they're gone now."

 

"So that means-"

 

"That date night is a go." Jimin squeaks excitedly.

 

He jumps up from the love seat, dashing down the hall and grabbing a pillows and blankets for the both of them. The two of them snuggle together on the couch, restarting the movie and munching on their bowls of popcorn. The night continues peacefully, ending in a much needed bliss the two had craved.

 

Needless to say, Jimin didn't need the tight and fit sweatpants to get Jungkook's attention.