CHAPTER 8

Cider and Honey

Hoseok can’t believe his luck.

First, his ‘break-up’ with Yoongi and having to deal with the whole ordeal and the aftermath of a frantic omega. Then, Namjoon telling him to bring him lunch at work between classes not realizing that Hoseok wanted to sleep in for the day and not literally anything. And now, just as he’s walking into the coffee shop to drop Namjoon’s food off, he sees Jungkook.

Who reeks of a certain omega and who looks and smells like he’s just crawled out of a den from hell.

Or, Hoseok thinks he does at least. He tries to avoid eye contact with the other boy as he walks across the room and to a back table to wait for Namjoon to get done with his shift. Jungkook doesn’t even seem to spare him a glance. His eyes are focused on ogling the pastries lined up on the display shelves.

A few moments later, Jungkook gets his order and leaves, and Hoseok feels like he can breathe a bit easier without the stench of an alpha in rut and desperate omega slick clogging up his senses. The shop goes back to a normal coffee smell and the rest of the customers go on about their business.

Namjoon shows up a couple minutes later, interrupting Hoseok’s intense game on his phone with a much needed latte and muffin. They swap the food they’d gotten for one another and start eating. Hoseok knows Namjoon wants to talk about what had happened last night. He’s pretty sure it’s the only reason he asked him to bring him food in the first place.

Namjoon doesn’t even let Hoseok finish his muffin before he’s asking the question he’s been pondering over since last night.

“So, did you break up with Yoongi finally?”

Hoseok sighs and rubs his neck. Namjoon takes a sip of his drink and quirks an eyebrow at the other, waiting for an answer.

“Yeah, I did.”

“And how did it go?”

Hoseok chuckles and groans, “How do you think it went, Joon?”

“I imagine it went so smoothly that daisies bloomed and birds sang as you both left things on good terms with a nice little handshake and a goodbye.”

Namjoon has a -eating grin on his face as he laughs at his explanation. He knows it’s far from how things had gone but he just loves rubbing in Hoseok’s face.

“You’re an idiot, Joon. And no, it did not go that well. The opposite in fact.”

The other boy sobers up and finishes his burger, shoving fries into his mouth, “Oh?”

“Yeah. Told him we should end things, he asked why, and it ended up in a screaming match between us-”

“You mean it was just him yelling at you while you sat there and acted like you didn’t do anything wrong?”

“Pretty much.”

“Hoseok you’re a real sometimes, you know that?” Namjoon asks, a look on incredulity on his face. “You broke that poor guys heart and you don’t even care enough to have some sympathy?”

Of course Hoseok has some sympathy for Yoongi. He’s not as heartless as he seems to be. While he feels bad for Yoongi, wants to sincerely apologize to him again sometime soon over what he did to him, he can’t help but justify his actions with what happened between him and Jimin.

If it wasn’t for Jimin, Hoseok wouldn’t have even entertained the idea of doing anything with another omega, with Yoongi. Hoseok doesn’t even like omegas, has never felt any sort of attraction to them. His ‘relationship’ with Yoongi was doomed to fail from the start.

And it was all because of Jimin.

 

| |

 

It probably wasn’t the best idea to get out of their room right after a rut, much less not having showered or washed himself in any way either. But, Jimin needed to eat, and he needed something to eat as well. Jungkook could have easily made something in the kitchen, but that was too much work. Besides, Jimin loves the cinnamon rolls and bagels that this coffee shop makes and Jungkook would be beside himself if he didn’t get his alpha a reward after days of being stuck in his rut.

Jungkook doesn’t expect on his ten minute outing to smell Hoseok, doesn’t expect to even see the other. He had thought he wouldn’t come into contact with him for a long while at least. Thankfully, the other didn’t come over to Jungkook and instead walked past him and to a table in the back. Jungkook didn’t pay attention to much else outside of his own thought to get the treats and head back to the apartment.

He doesn’t acknowledge the cashiers hand that covers her nose or the way the other customers around him shield themselves with their scarves and shirt collars. He knows he probably smells either enticing or awful depending on the wolf, but he has more important things to worry about. His alpha is at home and probably already awake and wondering where Jungkook is.

An omega leaving their alpha right after their rut ends is never a good thing, but Jungkook has good intentions so hopefully Jimin won’t be too irritated.

When Jungkook gets back to the apartment he’s surprised to see that Jimin is still in bed and asleep. Jungkook sets the food down on the bedside table and sits on the soiled sheets next to Jimin. He runs a hand up to his cheek and through his hair, brushing his sweat drenched bangs out of his face. Jimin is still warm, almost feverish still.

So his rut isn’t fully over just yet it seems.

Jimin shifts, his eyes opening to meet Jungkook’s. His hand reaches up to hold onto the one running through his hair and brings it to his lips, placing a kiss on the fingertips. Jimin puckers his lips, eyes boring into Jungkook’s.

“Kiss, Jungkook.”

Jimin’s eyes are hooded, his cheeks dusted pink. A sheet covers his bottom half and his skin is sticky with dried sweat. Jungkook runs his thumb across the skin of Jimin’s hand, soft and comforting. He can’t help but smile at the pout in Jimin’s tone.

“You need to eat first, Jimin.”

Jungkook reaches to grab the paper bag on the table and starts fishing for the container holding their treats. Jimin doesn’t let him get very far, though, taking the bag from Jungkook’s hand and tossing it to the other side of the bed. He wraps his hand around Jungkook’s neck and pulls him down flush to his chest, bringing their lips together for what seems like the thousandth time that weekend.

Jimin’s lips are warm, are warm and plush as ever, nibbling on Jungkook’s chapped and swollen ones. Heat simmers in the pit of Jungkook’s stomach as Jimin tongues at his lips, and Jungkook wants to continue but he knows he needs to be the responsible one out of them both and stop what they’re doing before it becomes too heated.

Jungkook pulls away from Jimin, ignores the small growl that rumbles in Jimin’s chest and takes the paper bag discarded on the filth ridden bed once again. He knows Jimin isn’t in the right mindset to handle the food and feed himself properly. His mind is still preoccupied with the burning itch under his skin and the need of desire in his gut.

Jungkook tears a piece of the cinnamon roll off and puts it between his teeth. Jimin’s eyes are on him as he leans down and positions himself on top of the older, his legs straddling the others lap. Jimin takes the hint immediately, leaning up to meet Jungkook’s lips in a chaste kiss and taking the bite of cinnamon roll into his mouth.

They continue the action until there’s nothing left of the treat. Jimin’s gaze is tired once again, his eyes barely able to stay open. Jungkook’s noticed that the other becomes more tired the closer he is to his rut being over. And Jungkook welcomes it.

Jimin’s eyes close for a final time as he falls into a light slumber. Jungkook gets off of the others lap and walks to their dresser drawers. He picks a shirt and pair of shorts out and makes his way back to the bed. Jimin’s dead weight as Jungkook struggles to put the clothing on Jimin’s sweaty and dirty body.

Soft breaths fan Jungkook’s face as he bends down to reach his arms under the alphas body, picking him up and walking out of the room. Jungkook brings Jimin to the living room and lays him down on the couch, positioning the other so that he doesn’t fall off while Jungkook works on cleaning up.

Jungkook’s heart clenches in his chest as he watches Jimin’s chest rise and fall, his features slack and relaxed. He leaves a small kiss on Jimin’s forehead before getting up and heading back to the bedroom.

He works first on gathering the soiled sheets from the bed and changing them. The ones they’d used all weekend are ruined beyond compare so he throws them into a garbage bag and writes a sticky note to remind himself to take it out with the trash. He opens the only window in the bedroom and lights a candle, hoping the fresh air and scented fragrance will get rid of the smell of and slick.

His next endeavor is to clean himself up. With the sheets changed and the room all fresh and clean, he realizes that he needs to finally take care of himself. His back aches and his limbs are sore.

Jungkook undresses in the bathroom, finally taking a look at himself in the bright light overhead. His body is littered with dark marks, bruises of all colors scattered across his skin. Jungkook leans closer to the mirror, examining his neck. There’s an angry red mark, large and very teethy, right under his ear. A few more are placed precariously on his skin, one on his shoulder another on the soft skin of his lower back.

He remembers how all of them happened, how needy and desperate he’d been for Jimin to mark him.

Jimin had obliged, at least, just not in the way Jungkook really wanted him to.

The whole thing was confusing, and a mess. Jungkook still has no indication on whether Jimin solely acted on his alpha instincts or if he really meant everything he’d said the past few days- everything he’d done to Jungkook.

Jungkook had clearly meant everything he’d done and said.

His thoughts become muddled and mixed the more he thinks on the matter. He draws a bath, wanting to soak and clear himself of the confusing thoughts, wanting to relax as much as possible and be free of the stress before he has to walk out the door and confront the source of his confusion all over again.

 

| |

 

“You want to break up with me?” Yoongi asks.

Hoseok doesn’t even hesitate to answer, nodding his head and sipping his drink like he hadn’t just dropped a bombshell on Yoongi.

Like he hadn’t just crushed Yoongi’s heart with no remorse.

The argument only escalates from there. Hoseok tells Yoongi point blank that he had never felt anything for him, that he’d pretty much just used him from the beginning to get back at Jimin.

Yoongi isn’t a violent man, has never been violent in his nature whatsoever, but he hadn’t thought twice about throwing his fist in Hoseok’s direction. He was so angry- angry at Hoseok, angry at him and Jimin’s relationship that started all of this, but most importantly he was angry at himself.

He was angry that he’d been dumb enough to even fall for a man like Jung Hoseok, and was angry that he’d let himself be tricked into falling for him.

Yoongi left Hoseok’s apartment blind with anger and blind with frustration. He hadn’t even realized he had gone to the bus stop and gotten on the bus. He sat there, tears pricking his eyes and then falling even though he didn’t want them too. Yoongi didn’t realize how fiercly he was crying until a man sitting in the seat across from him said something, leaning over to look at Yoongi more closely.

“Are you alright?”

The man’s voice is deep, concerned. Glancing over he can see the other isn’t very old, probably around the same age as Yoongi, wearing a pair of jogging pants and a hoodie. And looking up at his face Yoongi sees a defined jawline and dark brown hair, and a pair of eyes that bore into him with worry.

He’s cute, admittedly so.

But Yoongi can’t bring himself to acknowledge the concerned stranger inquiring about his current state.

“I’m fine.” He says.

Yoongi can tell the other doesn’t believe him. He only continues to stare at Yoongi, shifting himself to face his way.

“Are you sure? ‘Cause you sure don’t seem like you’re okay.”

Irritation bubbles in Yoongi’s chest. He’s not in the mood for someone to analyze him right now, and he’s far from wanting to have an actual conversation with someone other than his internal thoughts right now.

“I said I’m fine, now please leave me alone.” Yoongi snaps.

The boy stills, schooling his expression into a tight smile. He nods at Yoongi and turns back to facing the front of the bus. They sit in silence for another ten or fifteen minutes, Yoongi isn’t too sure. Eventually, the boy presses the button on the side of the bus and indicates he needs to get off.

He gets off, walking into the dark where Yoongi can’t see him. Yoongi takes in the surroundings on the bus, noticing that it’s empty now except for him. His eyes fall to the seat the boy had previously occupied, landing on a square object laying in the seat.

A wallet- the boys wallet.

Yoongi reaches over and grabs it, telling the bus driver to stop again. Yoongi rushes to get off, now a block or so away from where the boy had gotten dropped off. Yoongi jogs down the sidewalk, hoping that he can find the boy and return the wallet to him.

Yoongi rounds the corner, sure that he’s where they’d dropped the boy off. Looking around thouhg, Yoongi doesn’t see him. A couple walks down the sidewalk on the other side of the street but the boy in the hoodie and track pants isn’t anywhere to be seen. Yoongi sighs, opening the wallet, thinking he can find a license or something to contact the owner. He opens it, getting ready to fiddle with the cards when he hears a voice from behind him.

“You know, it’s not polite to go through people’s personal items.”

Yoongi jumps at the voice, dropping the wallet as he turns around. The boy- in all his track pants and hoodie glory- stands in front of him, a cheeky grin spread across his lips. He bends down and grabs the wallet from the ground, scanning through its contents.

“Hey look at that, you didn’t take any of my money.”

Yoongi stares at the boy as he closes his wallet and puts it into his pocket, crossing his arms and smiling at Yoongi.

“So are you feeling better now? Did I at least take your mind off of whatever has you so down?” The boy asks.

“What?” Yoongi asks. He’s confused as to what this guy is trying to accomplish.

“Well, you seemed really down on the bus.” He takes a step closer, almost a foot away from Yoongi now. “And you seemed like you needed a distraction from whatever caused it, so I made one for you.”

“You… made a distraction?”

“Yeah.” The boy grins, stretching his hand out for Yoongi to shake. “I hope it worked, which I think it did. You’re not crying anymore and you look super confused instead, so my job is done. I’m Taehyung by the way.”

His hand is still outstretched, grin etched into his features. Yoongi hesitantly reaches out and lightly takes the others hand.

“Yoongi.”

Taehyung grips Yoongi’s hand with more force than necessary, his smile growing even wider. Yoongi catches a whiff of something, a scent like freshly made bread that wafts into his nose.

It isn’t unpleasant, not in the slightest.

“So, Yoongi. You seem like you need a break from life right now, and I’m in need of something to eat. Would you want to join me and have a conversation on things going wrong in our lives right now over a burger or something? I’m starving and in need of both something to eat and a good chat session. ‘Cause life absolutely  right now for me, and I assume it for you too.”

Taehyung keeps on rambling, and Yoongi listens to him. He nods to the other, agreeing to his question. Yoongi is still upset, his mind still reeling and his heart feeling like a boulder in his chest, but Taehyung seems like a good distraction, at least for now.

Yoongi follows the other boy down the sidewalk, the two side by side, and listens to Taehyung ramble about his day, about his current situation. Apparently breakups are a universal thing that happen to everyone and aren’t just reserved for omegas who blindly follow alphas who are already in relationships.

Yoongi and Taehyung’s just happened to have one on the same day.

Maybe Taehyung is a blessing in disguise for Yoongi.