Chapter 5

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin followed Sehun up to his office. 

 

He dreaded the conversation that was bound to happen. Even though Jongin wasn’t on the clock yet, he was still in his place of employment, and he had brought his personal life into his work life, which Sehun seemed like the kind of man that frowned at something like that. 

 

The omega hoped that he would be able to find another job before the day ended. He couldn’t afford to miss as little as a single day’s pay. A lot of businesses were still hesitant about hiring omegas because of their heat period, and most of them didn’t want to pay for heat leave every quarter. 

 

Tim was the one that got him hired on here at the hotel. He mentioned that the manager, Jihyo, was super omega-friendly and the guests tipped pretty well. Jongin really enjoyed working here, way more than the nightclub, but the restaurant alone didn’t pay all the bills, sadly. 

 

Maybe he could ask Jihyo to write him a great letter of recommendation. He’s sure the alpha would do that for him. 

 

Jongin suddenly realized that if he was getting fired, Jihyo would have been the one to do that, not Sehun. Sehun was the hotel owner, not human resources, letting go of employees was not part of his day-to-day tasks. 

 

Maybe they were going to talk about...oh no.

 

“Mr. Kim, I’m not here to beat around the bush. I wanted to discuss the activities of last night,” came the alpha’s strong voice. 

 

Jongin straightened his back. He did nothing wrong, he had nothing to be nervous about. 

 

“Yes, sir. Well, I couldn’t leave you at the club and wanted to make sure you actually got home safely,” Jongin hoped his words didn’t sound as rushed as they did in his head. 

 

Sehun nodded and opened the top drawer of his desk, pulling out a letter-sized envelope. He slid it across the desk. 

 

“You are free to cash this check whenever you like as long as we have an understanding.” 

 

Jongin was confused, “Huh?” 

 

Sehun lifted an eyebrow, “Would you rather have a promotion instead? That can be arranged, but this check would raise fewer questions. I could probably transfer you to another property and promote you there, bu-”

 

Sehun’s words were becoming background noise as Jongin tried to catch up to what was going on. What was the alpha talking about? Money? A promotion? 

 

What was happening right now?

 

“Mr. Oh, what are you doing?”

 

It was obvious that the alpha was not used to being cut off mid-sentence. 

 

“ Excuse me?”

 

Jongin dropped his eyes to the floor, before meeting the alpha’s gaze again. 

 

“I’m sorry sir. I just...I don’t think we are on the same page. There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding,” Jongin said. 

 

Sehun stood up suddenly, causing the omega to jump slightly. Sehun was taller than him, not by much for enough for someone to tell from afar. It was the alpha’s width that was the made difference between the two men. Sehun’s muscled were so...his arms looked like…

 

When Jongin blinked back to reality, Sehun was standing mere inches from him. He was so close, Jongin had to look up at the alpha. Suddenly, Jongin’s throat was dry. Sehun was wearing some kind of cologne that Jongin knew had to be expensive and the aroma was clogging up the omega’s senses.

 

Swallowing, Jongin opened his mouth, “Mr. Oh...I d-.| 

 

“What do you want from me,” came the alpha’s harsh tone. 

 

Jongin’s eyebrows furrowed, “What?” 

 

The alpha stepped closer, causing Jongin to let out a small gasp. Why was Sehun so close? Why did he look so upset? But most importantly, why did he smell so good? 

 

“If you don’t want money and you don’t want a promotion, then what do you want? Are you trying to blackmail me? Because if you are, I.” 

 

Jongin’s finally caught on to where the alpha was going with this conversation. 

 

Sehun thought Jongin wanted something from him in exchange for keeping quiet. 

 

The omega raised both his hands up, to show he meant no harm, but the alpha had been so close to him, his hands landed on Sehun’s chest. 

 

Jongin froze, forgetting his next words. His eyes stared at his palms resting on the alpha’s large chest. Even in a suit, Sehun looked like a brick house, so hard and sturdy. 

 

Jongin closed his eyes as he remembered how the alpha looked the previous night with his white dress shirt ed and exposing. The alpha was so dreamy last night..he was dreamy even now. Jongin felt hot. 

 

“Um..I..” Jongin was shocked that Sehun hadn’t moved back or interrupted him, “I don’t…” 

 

Taking a deep breath, Jongin looked up at Sehun, his green eyes seemingly starring right through Jongin’s soul. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter