Fool Me Once

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You work too much, Nini. I don’t know how you manage to keep your grades up. When do you even have time to study?”

 

Jongin shrugged at his best friend’s question and continued cleaning off the table for the next customers. The restaurant wasn’t as busy as usual and the omega was grateful for the moment of peace.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and finished drying the cups he had just washed. Jongin smiled at Baekhyun’s reaction. He knew the other omega was just looking out for him, but he didn’t want Baekhyun to worry. He worked because he had to, there was no point in complaining about it when that simple fact would remain the same.

 

Suddenly, their manager approached them, “Jongin, Baekhyun, I need you two up front with everyone else. The new hotel owner is doing a walkthrough of the property with the big bosses and they will be having dinner here in the restaurant. Can you both serve them?”

 

The two omegas exchanged looks.

 

Jongin and Baekhyun were easily the best waiters in the restaurant. They brought in the most tips each and every night. Baekhyun was a jokester, he could make the customers laugh with ease. His pretty eyes and pale features were just an added bonus.

 

Whereas Baekhyun had the personality and looks, Jongin got his tips from simply being the perfect server. He never got an order wrong, never forgot the silverware, knew the menu by heart, was always on time. He was an exceptional employee.

 

Jongin nodded, “Sure, Jihyo. No problem.”

 

The alpha woman smiled, “Thank you, guys. You’re the best. Now let’s go.”

 

Jongin smoothed out the wrinkles in his uniform and straightened out his name tag, before joining the rest of the staff.

 

Hotel owners rarely actually set foot in the properties they owned so this was a huge deal. Everything had to be perfect. Jongin had worked in almost every department in the hotel, so he wasn’t nervous at all. He was used to the pressure and welcomed the challenge.  

 

After a few moments of waiting, a group of men and women appeared a little ways away.

 

Jongin recognized the department leaders and the hotel general manager along with a few new faces. However, one face snatched the omega’s attention.

 

A tall, handsome, young looking man stood out in the crowd. His dark hair contrasted perfectly with his light skin. His jawline was as if it was carved out of marble. Jongin could tell that his body was lean and muscular despite the impressively fitted luxury brand suit covering it. The omega had never seen such an attractive man before. Everything about him screamed power.

 

As the group of bosses got closer, Jongin stole a quick glance at his colleagues. It looked like he wasn’t the only one caught off guard by the man.

 

When a heavy scent of expensive cologne and alpha attacked Jongin’s senses, soft brown eyes rolled over and up at the young man standing before him.

 

Up close, Jongin could see the alpha’s intense eyebrows pointing downward as he listened to what one of the managers told him. All of a sudden, dark orbs met his and Jongin instinctively took a step back, bumping into Jihyo.

 

The alpha woman shot him a small glare before stepping around him.

 

Jongin watched as his boss reached out her hand.

 

“You must be our new owner, Oh Sehun. My name is Park Jihyo. I’m the manager of both restaurants here at the hotel,” Jihyo smiled sweetly at the older alpha, her hand still waiting for a handshake.

 

Oh Sehun….

 

Jongin thought that the alpha had been the son of the owner, not the actual owner. He looked so young, but maybe he wasn’t as young as the omega thought. Some people aged better than others. Still...the alpha looked like he could be a student at Jongin’s university, there was no way the man was in his 40s like most hotel owners.

 

Sehun took Jihyo’s hand and firmly shook it, “Nice to meet you, Ms. Park.”

 

Jongin bit his bottom lip.

 

The deep low voice the alpha had was every bit of alluring as the man’s face. It was full of confidence and power.

 

Everything Jongin thought he had.

 

But ever since laying eyes on this alpha businessman, Jongin felt unsure and nervous. It wasn’t like him at all.

 

“Jongin?”

 

The omega blinked away his thoughts. He noticed that everyone’s eyes were on him. He swallowed, “Uh- Yes..yes ma’am?”

 

Jihyo tilted her head in confusion, “Can you and Baekhyun please show Mr. Oh and the others to their table?”

 

Jongin turned to Baekhyun who was already in the middle of directing the group to their table. His friend shot him a concerned look.

 

‘Are you okay?’

 

Nodding to the unspoken question in Baekhyun’s eyes, Jongin snapped back into character and smiled at the group.

 

“Please, come this way.”

 

~.~.~.~

 

Lunch was going well so far. The two omegas had broken out drinks and menus and had successfully taken the groups order. Now they were just waiting on the kitchen to send down the food.

 

It was during this time that Jihyo has approached Jongin about his little hiccup earlier.

 

“Jongin, are you feeling okay? What was that earlier?”

 

Still polishing the silverware, Jongin thought about his actions. He himself didn’t know why he acted the way he did when he first saw Sehun. Sure he was handsome, but it wasn’t like the omega had never seen a handsome alpha before.

 

“I don’t know, Jihyo. I’m sorry I don’t have an excuse. But I’m fine now. I promise,” Jongin prayed his boss wouldn’t send him home.

 

“You sure?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Alright, Jongin. Just be careful. We have to make a great impression. Mr. Oh is our new boss now.”

 

The light behind them indicated that the food had been sent down by the kitchen. Jongin dropped what he was doing and went to retrieve a large tray to carry out the food.

 

“I know, Jihyo. I’ll be careful.”

 

Jongin grabbed half the food while Baekhyun picked up the other half. Together, the two omegas went back out to their table.

 

“It’s time for the fun part,” Baekhyun joked.

 

The table chuckled at the funny omega. Jongin cracked a half smile at his silly friend as he gently placed the food before the respective person. Luckily for him, Baekhyun has grabbed the owner’s plate.

 

“And here’s your food, handsome.”

 

The hotel managers waited for Sehun’s reaction to the waiter’s flirtatious comment. When the alpha let out an amused scoff, all the tension in the air was gone.

 

The general manager then spoke, “Baekhyun is one of our top servers here. A lot of our top 50 guests speak highly of him and often request him as their waiter when they eat here.”

 

Sehun glanced at the smiling waiter before turning back to his plate, “I can see why.”

 

Maybe it was just the light, but Jongin thought he could see a light blush appear on his friends face. That was new, Baekhyun received compliments all the time and was never affected.

 

Jongin quietly waited for everyone to take the first bite of their food.

 

“How’s everything taste?”

 

It was implied that the only response wanted was from Sehun. Everyone else had eaten at the restaurant a hundred times, they were quite familiar with the menu.

 

Jongin watched as the owner chewed his food. His jaw was literally perfect as it worked. The omega wondered if Sehun has gotten any plastic surgery done or if he was just naturally good looking.

 

“It’s great.”

 

Baekhyun and Jongin bowed.

 

“Perfect. Enjoy the rest of your meal. We will be back shortly to check on everything,” Jongin stated before turning away to leave.

 

He noticed that Sehun’s water glass was half empty. He wondered if Baekhyun had noticed too. When the omega continued past the water station, Jongin knew he had to be the one to refill it.

 

Picking up a water pitcher, the omega returned to the table.

 

He picked up the glass and started to pour the water inside.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter