f i v e

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

five; over the doubt and trust for the cotton candy

 

"Byun Baekhyun."

"Hmm?"

"It's not funny."

"I didn't—

"Can you stop decide things on your own?!" the raven finally exploded. "What do you mean the next bus would be here tomorrow morning? You didn't say anything about staying overnight?!" his eyes shooting daggers to the pink-haired, hand ball into a fist in frustration. If it's not because of Ms. Areum, Kyungsoo would surely have grab on the other male's collar and slam his pretty cotton candy head on the table just now.

They were having a good time dining. And the raven wouldn't lie, that it was the best dinner he ever had in his life. He finally understand what it feels like to have a homemade food. Finally got to feel how good it is to have a mother in a household to talk to during dinner. But a certain guy just have to ruin his moment when he openly state that they would go back tomorrow right after dawn.

The raging Do Kyungsoo, certainly need an explanation right now.

"I.. forgot to tell you about it." wrong answer. "Ack!" a sharp pain shot through his leg as the raven kick him hard on his shin. Baekhyun hop on one feet until his back pinned against the trunk of tree by the slightly shorter male who's glaring at him.

"I told you it's not funny, Byun Baekhyun." he spoke with gritted teeth, his hand landed on the side of the pink-haired head on the trunk. "You were planning this from the start, didn't you?"

Baekhyun bit his lip nervously, eyes wandering off everywhere but the man in front of him. Obviously, it wasn't about the intimidating glare the raven shot him. But it was because of how close they stood to each other. Their face barely inches apart and it wasn't helping that Kyungsoo had almost four of his upper buttons on his shirt loose, allowing the pink-haired to get the perfect view of his skin underneath the fabric.

Kyungsoo however, being oblivious to the fact, frowned. "Yah. Look at me when I'm talking, you brat." he grumbles, turning the other's head to face him.

He regret it not even a second later. As soon as his eyes met that dark brown orbs, Kyungsoo lost himself. How could he forget what happened in the kitchen just now? If it's not because of Sehun, he had no idea what would happened. Would they...

"Hyun?"

Both of them flinched at the sudden interruption. Finally realizing how close they get to each other when they were too engrossed in each other's gaze, Kyungsoo took a step back, almost immediately brought his hand to rub on his nape – another habit of his when he put himself in an embarrassing situation.

"Hyun?" Ms. Areum's voice called out again from inside.

The raven doesn't have the courage to look up. He watch as Baekhyun's feet move and start walking back into the house. Just as he release deep breath of relief, Kyungsoo felt someone grab his shoulder and turn him around. "Wh..what?" he blinked back to see Baekhyun staring at him.

Baekhyun roll his eyes. A rare sight for him, but Kyungsoo was too confused to think properly. "There are boys inside, you know." he paused. "And girls too."

"Huh? Wha-

Before he could even finish his sentence, Baekhyun starts to button his shirt up to the second one, purposely leaving one loose for the guy's comfort. "Stop going around showing your skin to people. Most boys are not as nice as me. And girls.. well they got lots of tricks under their sleeve." 

Kyungsoo was too loss for words. He should've reply with one of his rude remarks but oddly, he can't think of one.

"Cat got your tongue, squishy?" the pink-haired chuckled. Baekhyun lean closer, ruffles the raven's hair gently and smile before he turn around in his heels and get inside.

Kyungsoo don't want to let it bother him. But for that split second, he felt his heart tugged. No, not for whatever reason you're thinking of right now. He recognized the feeling. The feeling that got him bathed in cold sweats every night..

... the uneasy feeling whenever he saw that familiar smile in his dream.

He never thought he would feel this again. But Kyungsoo felt scared.

And so he end up avoiding the pink-haired.

 

"Did something happened?" a velvety voice greeted his ears. Kyungsoo looked up and immediately sit properly, lowering his legs which previously up on the bench. A small smile made its way to his lips as he shook his head, mumbling a soft "Nothing." in return as he make a space for the older woman to sit beside him.

Ms. Areum take a place beside him, eyes wandering around the lawn of her house with a content smile. "You know, when Hyun said that he's going to bring back someone today, I didn't thought it would be someone special."

Kyungsoo look at the woman and chuckled softly. "I told you we're not-

"Yes, whatever you say, Kyungsoo. But my son in there is obviously attracted to you. Don't tell me you didn't know that." she look at him teasingly and the raven could only bit back his tongue from spilling anything further – like, yes. your son make it so obvious by stalking me out and ruining my life these past months or something like that.

"Baekhyun.. might seems crazy at times. You know, he's always full of energy and all that. Looking like one kid you want to squeeze so bad."

"More like rip in half." Kyungsoo didn't realized he just said that out loud but when he did, the older woman's soft laughter echoes through the empty lawn.

"He bothers you a lot, didn't he?" she chuckled and Kyungsoo could only reply with an awkward laugh, scratching his head.

"Well.. he was all that since he was little. But one thing about him that I think about a lot.." she paused, searching for his eyes. ".. is that he always put others before himself." she hold onto Kyungsoo's cold hands. "When he get into trouble at school back then, I always back him up. I would go up to the teacher and shout 'My Hyun wouldn't hurt a fly!'. It was so funny, but I meant every word. When he was a little kid running around, this house were filled with children, but we didn't get much fund for the food and most of the time I felt like I was useless because I couldn't support them properly. But Hyun would always give up his food for others. I didn't know about it until he passed out at school and was brought to the hospital because he haven't been eaten or drink properly for days."

The raven felt his heart soften at that. All worry and the suspicion he grew toward the male seems to disperse a little. "Kyungsoo." the male look up once again. "I don't know if you think I'm being biased right now because he's my son." she chuckled softly, patting his hand. "But whatever happens, I just want you to know that maybe, he cares about you a lot more than you think. So be easy on him, hmm?" her words made him went silent for a moment, mind wandering off as he stare at their hands locking between each other's. He was too used seeing Baekhyun in those bubbly bubble of him that it was quite hard for him to process any other side of the male.

Getting nothing in reply from the younger, the woman gently his head. Kyungsoo froze. He almost flinched away at the foreign affection, yet it feels too good. An unfamiliar warmth blooms in his heart, and he swore he felt his eyes glistening. A mother's touch. Th exact thing he's been craving for in his entire life. The raven felt his heart tigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter