e l e v e n

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ be warned: long chapter ahead - ]

 

eleven; over one of the happiest moment in our life and your sweet laughter

 

"Squishy."

No answer.

Kyungsoo has been ignoring Baekhyun for a while now. The moment he get back to the ward, Baekhyun was already awake - excitedly chatting with the old man on the bed next to him like nothing happened.

Honestly, he wasn't ignoring the guy on purpose. It's not like he was mad or something. He just... don't know what to do. Like, what was he supposed to say? I'm sorry? But it's gonna be so awkward!

"Damn it." not realizing that he just swear out loud, Kyungsoo plopped on the chair next to Baekhyun, still not sparing a glance to the poor guy. His mind running through words, trying to make up something to say. But before he could, Baekhyun beat him to it.

"Did you hurt yourself?"

Kyungsoo almost flinch when Baekhyun held his hand. He noted how the hand felt a lot warmer than it was before. And Kyungsoo was glad. Looking up, he finally able to take a closer look on Baekhyun's complexion. His pale face from before seem to finally gain its colour back, though his nose did look a little bit reddish probably from the coldness. And his lips...

"Kyungsoo."

He blinked, "Huh?"

"Your hand." Baekhyun chuckled and all the words that he had constructed before seem to disappear from his mind.

"Oh.. y-yeah. I.. uh.. burned myself. I mean, umm.. the hot water." Kyungsoo mentally slap himself for stuttering nonsense in front of the guy. Pulling his hand back, he clear his throat, his hand making it's way to rub his nape "anyway... the doctor told me you should be able to discharge tomorrow. They just need to monitor your condition tonight."

"Hmm. Okay."

It really bothers him how Baekhyun's gaze never move away from him all along. Something about his stare make Kyungsoo shifts uncomfortably in his seat. And of course, the stupid smile on his face. Urgh, he just need to get out from here for sure.

"Well... if there's nothing.. I'll just see you tomorrow." he abruptly stand up, knocking his head against the iv drip stand in the process. "Ah !"

Baekhyun laughed out loud.

The old man from the next bed threw both of them a look, practically glaring at Kyungsoo for his profanity.

All he could was frown, trying to hide his embarassment as he rub his throbbing head. The laughter slowly ceased to a chuckle, "come here," Baekhyun said, reaching out for Kyungsoo's arm and pull him to sit down at the edge of the bed. "Did you make a hole on your own head?"

"Shut up."

Another laugh left his tiers, his fingers tracing the spot on Kyungsoo's scalp and gently rub on it to soothe the pain while blowing on it softly like he's a little kid in need of care. "Aigoo, my squishy is so clumsy hmm? How would you live without me?" he joked.

It was merely a tease, of course. Like the typical Baekhyun always did. But Kyungsoo found his own heart clench at those words.

"I can't." his hand found the hem of Baekhyun's shirt, gripping on the cotton fabric tightly.

He noticed how Baekhyun stop blowing on his head, his fingers stopped moving as if he froze in his seat – probably not expecting such words from the grumpy guy he had been in love with. Kyungsoo take this chance to wrap his arms around Baekhyun's waist and lean on his chest. He could hear the sounds of Baekhyun's heart beating loud and clear, his citrus scents blending in with the smell of antiseptic from the hospital's clothes – but it still managed to provide the warmth and peace that Kyungsoo needed.

Eventually Baekhyun ease himself and hug him back with a soft hum, "is it about this morning?" he gently pat Kyungsoo's head like a father trying to comfort his child. "I'm sorry for what I've said. Did I scare you?"

A nod.

"You think you'd lost me?"

There was a slight pause, but Kyungsoo nods again. And Baekhyun smiles softly, resting his chin on top of Kyungsoo's head with a release of breath. "But I'm here now, aren't I?"

The grip on his shirt tightened, "In the hospital," the slightly smaller male grumbled against his shirt. "You're an idiot. What if I didn't open the door?"

"But you did," Baekhyun grinned, pulling away and squeeze Kyungsoo's cheeks in between his hands. "And now I need my answer."

"I'll wait for you here until you open the door and tell me directly whether you want me in your life or not."

Kyungsoo swallowed, "What.. what answer?" he managed to say through his puckered lips from being squished together. He could feel his whole body heating up. Baekhyun is staring at him with a giddy smile and he couldn't seem to look away from those eyes looking back at him in excitement.

"Well fine, I think you did answer me just now since you can't live without me. So let me change the question."

Kyungsoo could hear his heartbeat speeding up all of a sudden.

"Will you go out with me?"

Silence.

And then,

he nods, "...yes."

.....

"Just what the hell were you thinking?! Do you have a sort of hospital addiction or what? Getting discharged from one hospital a week ago, and get into another hospital the following week– are you mentally in need of medication?!"

"Shh... you gonna wake him up."

Chanyeol glance at the sleeping male in his friend's embrace on the bed before groaning out loud, "urgh, you lovebirds. I'm pretty sure I walked into a hospital, not a motel," he massaged his temple frustratingly. Here he was, worried about his dear friend, only to walk in to him sleeping, like fortunately just literally sleeping, with his little lover.

"Aww stop being jealous, Yeol." Baekhyun chuckled, "you'll understand when you fall in love," he winked, grinning when Kyungsoo snuggles more against him, burying his face in between his neck.

"Watching you guys, I rather not," Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "I should go grab something to eat downstairs. Just pack your stuffs or do something u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter