o n e

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

one ; over the familiar gazes and smiles

 

Heavy breaths. He was running. Kyungsoo could feel the pressure in his lungs. He was out of breath. His legs weakening at each steps he took. He was running as if his life depends on it. Sweats trickled down his neck and rustles could be heard as his knees finally buckled, sending him off the ground with a thud. His eyes went wide as a sharp pain shot through his ankle the moment he try to stand on his feet. Everything was at mess. The thought of dying was the only thing flooded his mind.

The vision turned black and all that he could see now was a man, dark eyes staring back at him with his hair as black as obsidian. The black orbs held something unreadable that make him shivers. His lips was moving but Kyungsoo had no idea what the man was saying. All that he knew was the anxiety that attacked him. His body was trembling. He was scared. Of what, he wasn’t sure. But he could feel it to his core. He was scared of death. And then black engulfed his vision.

The next thing he knew, his clothes were printed with red. He look down to his trembling hand, eyes widen in horror when he saw blood – his own blood. His breath hitched and he looked up to the man. The same man – who now looking back at him with a smile. More like a smile of triumph.

The short man jolt awake from his sleep. His breath ragged and the thin shirt he wore glued to his skin, soaked with sweats. That just remind him more of the dream. His short breath, clothes drenched in blood. Kyungsoo brought his hands to his head, trying to calm himself down from the images that keep repeating in his mind like a broken tape. Just the thought of it make he want to puke. That anxiety, that fear. It haunts him every night. And the man. The stranger whose face he never even seen. Why would he appear in his dream, the same dream every single night?

Kyungsoo jumped again when his alarm went off, startling him out of his trance. He sigh and look at the digital clock by his end table – beeping loudly with red digits of 6:30. Red. Kyungsoo make a mental note to change his alarm clock as he get out from his bed and head to the bathroom.

 

“Thank you.” the tall man let out a heart-melting smile as he watch the elder woman walk out from the café, not missing to glance at another figure standing behind the counter. As soon as she disappear from his sight, he turns around to his co-worker and scoffed. “Well, well. Look how happy our hyung today that get people shook for their life at a glance .”

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo deadpanned. “I’m not in the mood, Jongin.”

“Ah, really? Then tell me. Were you ever in the mood, hyung?” he sarcastically pointed out, receiving a hard glare from the older in return.

“Nightmare, again?” a voice interrupted as a cup of hot coffee was placed in front of the shorter male. “Should I get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter