t h i r t e e n

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(warning. this gonna be a long asssss chapter :))

thirteen; over the past that would forever be with us

 

"I will shut up now... Your Highness."

Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered opened. The room was dark when he did. And the silence was deafening - as irony as it sounds. The citrus fragrance from his dream still lingers and Kyungsoo couldn't help but felt like it wasn't a dream, after all. He remembered the scent. It was Baekhyun's. But he doesn't want to mess his head with such thoughts anymore. The moment he decided to go out with the guy, he made an oath to keep all those dreams unbothered behind his head.

Kyungsoo sighed, moving to the edge of the bed after slowly removing Baekhyun's arms around him and buried his head between his palm. Even when he said he doesn't want to be bothered about it, Kyungsoo can't help himself. He never had such dream before. It wasn't accompanied by his usual nightmare, either. And for once, Kyungsoo didn't wake up startled or terrified for his life. Instead, the dream left a pleasant feeling in the pit of his stomach. Like the way he felt around Baekhyun.

'Urgh. It's just a dream for god sake! Normal people dream about weird things too when they sleep," Kyungsoo groaned.

Thanks to the dream, he don't think he could get back to sleep right now. Glancing back at Baekhyun who sprawled over the bed with legs tangled between the duvet, a small smile made it's way to his lips. He wouldn't want to wake the loud guy up, so Kyungsoo make sure to be as quiet as possible as he closes the door behind him and head to the kitchen. Although he was surprised to see someone else sitting by the kitchen when he got there.

"Mother... you're awake."

The old woman smiles, her fingertips brush over the rim of her mug, "So are you," she raises her eyebrows. "Did Baekhyun wakes you up? He moves around a lot in bed, didn't he?"

Kyungsoo's eyes went wide. The thought of her knowing that they sleep in the same room kinda make him feel embarrassed.

"Oh come on. I know how clingy my boy is. There's no way he wouldn't crawl into your bed when you're right next door," the woman chuckled, taking a sip of her drink.

Kyungsoo rubs his nape with an awkward smile on his lips. That's the second time they got caught, though. And Kyungsoo just had the urge to apologize.

"Stop being all red there. Come here and have some tea," she teased, gesturing towards the warm teapot in front of her and that just make his face felt warmer. Kyungsoo didn't say much, just pulling the stool out and take a seat as the woman pour a cup of tea for himself. The lemon scent wafted through the air and Kyungsoo stare at his cup with curious eyes.

"Take a sip. Don't worry. I wouldn't poison my son-in-law like you saw in those cheap dramas."

"Mother."

Ms.Areum giggled, "Fine, sorry. Just can't help it. You are too adorable, Kyungsoo." she leans over to pinch the raven's cheek and Kyungsoo can only give in to such act. Though the smile on her face did warm his heart.

They stayed for a while, just talking about nothing in particular. But Kyungsoo felt content. He wanted to clear his head from unnecessary thoughts and the old woman does help him with that. Kyungsoo normally does not favor small talk. He hates listening to Jongin's rambling of nothing or the chitty chatty customers trying to hit on him by asking about weather and all sort. But somehow, he doesn't hate listening to Ms. Areum constant talk. Even if it last for hours. Not because she mostly talk about Baekhyun, but because it's her. Ms. Areum really felt like a mother to him. And Kyungsoo like that.

"Great. Now you're staring at me like he did. Did you even listen to me, young man?"

"Eh?"

"Don't 'eh' me," Ms. Areum pinch his waist and Kyungsoo laughed at the gesture. "I said did you two went on a date already?"

"Uh... ah..." Kyungsoo blinked, scratching his neck, "we're practically always together and there's last time when we visit you-

"Urgh, not that. That's not a date! I mean a proper one, after you went out." Ms. Areum look at him in frustration and Kyungsoo almost chuckled. He could see Baekhyun in her.

"Um, no I think." Kyungsoo didn't want to tell her that they've just started going out recently. She looks like she's ready to beat his son up if he told her how the guy disappeared without any words for months.

"What did he even think? That's not how I taught him to treat a boyfriend! Should I drag him to a date too?"

Kyungsoo laughed. She's adorable and funny. Like her son. A lot.

Upon hearing Kyungsoo laugh at her comment, she burst into her own too. When she stopped, she stares at Kyungsoo with tender eyes as the male sips on his drink. She watches Kyungsoo's eyes beamed in delight at the taste, she watches how a small smile made it's way to his lips. And she leans over to brush his bang off his forehead.

Kyungsoo was surprised at the sudden contact. But he doesn't dislike it. He just stares at her. Ms. Areum his head and he suddenly saw her eyes glistening under the dim light. "Mother..."

"You're such a beautiful person," she spoke softly, her hand travels to his chest, patting it there, "I can see it here. I'm so grateful to have you by Baekhyun's side. You're such a wonderful person." Kyungsoo wanted to deny it there. He wanted to tell her everything about his dark past. About who he really was. But her eyes tell him that everything is okay and that she meant whatever she said. So he remained silent.

Ms. Areum take his hand in hers, gently the back of his palm with a small smile. "Kyungsoo... may I ask you a favor?" she looks up into his eyes.

"Yes, mother."

"Please take care of my Baekhyun." Kyungsoo swallowed at her sudden request. "You see... I'm not young anymore. And if I'm gone, I think the one thing that would hold me back the most would be him." She sighed, "That brat would never say he's hurt when he is. He never complain about his pain or his sorrow. He kept so much things to himself even when he seems like he's not. He could be an idiot but he worries about everything but himself."

Kyungsoo listened. Something about that make his heart ache. Perhaps did Baekhyun hide a lot of things from him too? Because he's worried? Did Baekhyun really kept such thoughts to himself? Kyungsoo realised there are a lot of things that he don't know about Baekhyun. But he doesn't even know where to start.

"I just want him to truly have his happiness. Not the happiness for the sake of others. But his own ones that he could treasure. Like you," a stray tear trails down her cheek and Kyungsoo wipe it away with his fingertip.

"Mother, don't say things like that. You're not going anywhere. And so do I. I'll always be by his side."

The words just seem to make her burst into a set of tears and hug Kyungsoo tightly, "Thank you, Kyungsoo. Thank you."

.....

Baekhyun stirs awake when Kyungsoo snuggles against him. Though when he open his eyes, the man was widely awake, staring at him with his doe eyes.

"Hmm..?" Baekhyun's voice was hoarse as he called out, a soft smile makes it way to his lips as he brush Kyungsoo's hair back, and peck the male's forehead. "What time is it? Why are you awake?"

"It's 5.15. Go back to sleep. I woke up at 3 and can't fall asleep anymore."

"So you decided to stare at my face?" Baekhyun spoke with a hint of amusement. But then he sits up and scratch his cheek, his eyes barely open as he stare at the other in concern through the darkness. "Did you had a nightmare, again?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No. Just a weird dream," he spoke. Somehow, his eyes had adjusted to the darkness clear enough for him to make out the mischievous look on Baekhyun's face. "Why are you smiling?"

"Were you having a weird dream about me?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, long gone the drowsiness in his face as he leans closer.

Kyungsoo stare at the guy few seconds longer, almost rolling his eyes as per usual before a smirk crept on his lips. "No. I was dreaming about a manly guy in a warrior suit. Damn, he looks hot pinning me on the wall like that," Kyungsoo purposely looks up dreamily, "I shouldn't have waken up," he lay back on the bed, facing another side.

It seems like Baekhyun took way too long to process everything, but when he did, he practically strangling Kyungsoo for answers. "Who is it?! Tell me!"

"Shut up, Baekhyun. You'll wake the neighbours up."

"No, how could you dream of another guy when I'm right. OVER. HERE!"

"Exactly, how could I possibly." Kyungsoo murmured. But it doesn't even reach Baekhyun's ears. The man was too preoccupied with his own emotions, that it makes everything seem hilarious in Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Who is it? You better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter