t e n

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ten : over his cracked voice and cold body

 

Baekhyun's hair, is no longer pink. 

It's black.

"...no," was all that he could breath out at that moment. 

His heartbeat palpating, but this time with a completely different emotion. Memories of old nightmares flashed back into his mind and Kyungsoo remembered the overwhelming, terrifying feelings that shook him awake from his sleep every single night. The chills, the blood, the look in Baekhyun's eyes that make his heart crumbled tightly in fear and pain. 

It was too much and Kyungsoo found himself stumbled back, almost losing his own footing.

The grin that danced across Baekhyun's glowing feature from the start, wiped away from his face and he took two steps forward to catch Kyungsoo but immediately froze when his hand was slapped away.

"Don't come closer!" 

The words aren't supposed to come out. And it was certainly not supposed to be that loud. But as soon as he let it out, Kyungsoo almost regret it. Baekhyun looks petrified and hurt. And it felt like the world just went mute for a split second.

Both breathing heavily, staring at each other with no words changing but only looks of confusion.

"Kyungsoo..."

Kyungsoo's breath was ragged. His chest move up and down as he swallowed hardly, his body trembles. He was forced to move his gaze away from the man. He just had to.  

"What is it?" Baekhyun's shocked expression soften into a look of worry and concern. He try to reach for the smaller male but halt when Kyungsoo flinch away instantly. 

'' was what Kyungsoo kept inside his head. He don't have to look up to see the look of hurt painted across Baekhyun's fair features. Kyungsoo just feel like going back inside and lock himself in his bed until tomorrow comes.

And so he will.

"Just... just go home, Baekhyun." he stuttered before slamming the door shut, leaving Baekhyun with no words to say.

Kyungsoo get back inside his duvet, wrapping himself with the thick comforter before once again, his ringtone jolt him up. Hand still trembling, he picks up the call. He doesn't have to even look at the caller id to know who it is.

"Are you still mad at me?"

Silence.

"Did something happened?"

Silence.

Baekhyun sighed. "Don't you have anything to say to me?"

"...go home."

Kyungsoo could hear the soft chuckle from another line. But it was too... plain that he almost thought the man sounds hurt instead. "You wanted to see me so bad before and now you're chasing me away. Wow. This is so like you, Do Kyungsoo." his tone was cynical and something inside Kyungsoo was shaken by the statement.

Kyungsoo gripped the phone tightly, his face contorts with a frown. "Don't act like you know everything about me, ." he said through gritted teeth. Gone all that fear. Now he's pissed off.

"Oh, I know you so well," Kyungsoo's blood runs cold. Baekhyun doesn't even sounds like Baekhyun anymore. And Kyungsoo wonder if he upset the guy too much to push him this far. "You're a coward. You always run away from your problem, didn't you? From the start you can't even face your own issue." 

Something snapped inside him and Kyungsoo feel like going back downstairs and give the guy some good punches. "Shut up."

"When good things happen, you're scared it's not going to last, but when bad things came you blame people on it. You were too occupied with your own feelings that you disregard other's. That's the kind of person you are."

That's it. "Fck you, Byun Baekhyun. Who do you think you are to call me that when you're–

"Right. Who am I to call you that. I'm the crazy one for loving you like an idiot, when all you ever did was running away from me. I'm crazy for thinking about you every single second of my breath when all I ever be was a nuisance in your life."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter