e i g h t

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eight ; over your cold lips and sweet warm whispers of confession

I couldn't come again, today! I'm so sorry, squishy!! I'll make it up later! I promise!! I'm really really really sorry!!!!!! – dumbhead

"Just how many exclamation marks did he put in here..?" Kyungsoo stare at his phone blankly. It's been the fifth time this week. He doesn't know what the pink haired have been up to these days. But he rarely sees the guy nowadays. Well, at least now Kyungsoo are finally convinced that at least, Baekhyun has a job apart from stalking him around. Though, it does feel weird to not have the male around him.

"Wow, he's not coming again today?" Jongin peeped from behind. "Disappointed much, hyung?" the younger chuckled with a teasing smile on his face.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at the annoying remarks. "Shut up, fetus." flipping his phone on the table he leans on his palm and stare out the huge window.

"I'm sure he was just busy with his work. He's not gonna dump you or something."

"I told you to shut up."

"Aww, come on, hyung. You're not possibly think that Baekhyun would cheat on you, right?"

A dark glare and the younger know better than to mutter any other words.

'Ding!'

The bell chimed as a figure step into the café. Kyungsoo raise his head indifferently, standing up and walk over to the counter to continue his work.

"Oh, Chanyeol!" Junmyeon chirped from behind.

Kyungsoo didn't pay much attention to what his boss was talking about with their customer. He was too deep in his own thought. Emptily staring at the dripping coffee, his head flew elsewhere. It wasn't until he heard a tap from the counter in front of him that he finally realised that the coffee is done.

Looking up, Kyungsoo's eyes met the tall brunette's dark orbs. The male smiled, the corner of his eyes wrinkles and a small dimple showed on his cheek.

"Oh, sorry. Here's your coffee." Kyungsoo quickly put the cover on top of the warm drink and pass it to the taller.

He nods, winking as he takes a sip, "Thanks, Kyungsoo." before walking away. The raven look at the walking customer weirdly, then look down to his name tag. Well, not that weird after all.

.....

Chanyeol picks up his phone and roll his eyes as he listen to his friend on the other line. "Yeah, yeah, I checked him out -- what the hell, Byun. Not that kind of thing. I'm not checking him out! I meant I checked on him." he groaned.

Plopping himself on the chair, he make a face when Jongdae raise his eyebrows to ask what happened. "Yes, he was fine." the giant take a sip of his drink and sighed. "He was DOING FINE. For the thousandth time, I'm not checking him out. So you could calm your down."

Jongdae was giggling at the back while Chanyeol shouts at his phone in frustration. Well, at the end of the day, Baekhyun still cares though. 

"I'M HANGING UP!"

Maybe a little bit too much.

.....

Kyungsoo was doing his laundry when the call came. The screeching sound of the old washing machine deafen the low ringtone of his. And by the time he was done, his phone was left with 2 missed calls from one particular person -- no other than Byun Baekhyun.

A frown made its way to his face. Baekhyun had never called him in the middle of the night before. The male would bombard him with hundreds of cheesy and stupid texts before he went to bed, but he never called - mostly because he want Kyungsoo to have a good sleep and dream about him, possibly.

Kyungsoo contemplated. Should he call back? Or should he just wait? Maybe Baekhyun would call him again, knowing the guy would never give up when it comes to Kyungsoo. But the number somehow bothered him.

2 missed calls.

That's weird. 200 missed calls might sound logical, but 2 does not suits Baekhyun clingy character at all.

The knock on his door startled Kyungsoo out of his own trance. Somehow he wasnt surprised when he open the door and found the very typical pink-haired standing in front of him with a giddy look.

"What?" he want to shoot the male with all the questions about what he's been up to these days but, Kyungsoo hold himself back and remained a stoic face.

Baekhyun on the other hand, taps his feet in a rush manner. "It's freezing," hands in his pockets, he push his way inside. The raven didn't say anything though.

"Why did you called?"

"Let's go out!" he blurted.

The raven look at him with a baffled look. "It's freezing, dummy! You just said so."

"Ahh.. come on, squishy! It'll be fun." Baekhyun starts whining and Kyungsoo swore he looked like a child begging for candy on halloween.

He rolled his eyes, turning around, "stop acting like a kid, Baekhyun, it's late already--" he halted. "...what are you doing now?"

"Hugging you." Kyungsoo hates it. He hates how the latter's arms felt so warm around him. And the odd feeling creeping inside him these days really started to piss him off. All because of this guy.

"Baekhyun," he warned, "cut it out."

"Please.. Just for a while." the warm breath over his nape and the low whisper, "I miss you."

The way he embrace him, the way his voice cracks at the end and how his head buried between the crook of his neck-- Baekhyun is acting weird. And Kyungsoo doesn't like to see this side of him at all.

"Did something happened?" it just came out before he could think. And he didn't mean to sound so concern about it. But somehow, he just did.

A peck on his neck caught Kyungsoo off guard. Although, a small chuckle right after make wake him out of his daze, "I told you I miss you." Baekhyun pulls away, this time with his usual big grin on his face.

Kyungsoo frowned. He's goofing around again. Did he?

"I'll go grab my coat." and with that answer, Baekhyun grins widely, eyes turning into crescent shape.

For the umpteenth time, Kyungsoo sighed. Please keep that smile.

.....

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked, slowly trotting beside the pink-haired with his chin buried in his scarf. Since winter's coming around, the night air seems more chilly than usual.

Not to complain, but winter is certainly not one of his favourite seasons – even though he was born in winter himself.

A sudden warmth around his cold hand almost jolt Kyungsoo in surprised. Baekhyun just smile, pulling the raven's hand in his before intertwining their fingers and slip it in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter